Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Platte Canyon High School student, who friends said was well liked and active on the speech team, was reported missing after not returning to a concert at the school. The suspected arson broke out at her home and Long's car was found there.

The family is known to people in Bailey for owning businesses in town, including a Chinese restaurant in downtown Bailey and a Thai cafe and liquor store off Highway 285. The liquor store was the only one of the family businesses open Monday. An employee at the store said the past few days have been very emotional for the family.

No search parties have been organized.

http://kdvr.com/2017/12/04/gag-order-on-missing-girl-case-deepens-mystery/

I just can't understand why the DA would have already requested and been granted a gag order. They obviously know what happened and it must be something really bad. I'm so sad for her family.

Wait, who made the 911 call? And who were the other people throwing things around and threatening to burn the house down?

Did I miss that?

Wait, who made the 911 call? And who were the other people throwing things around and threatening to burn the house down?

Did I miss that?

No word on that but this is a very rural area I believe so it seems odd that someone saw all that and could tell that they were trying to burn the house down.

My first thought was home invasion, but why burn the house down unless you're connected to the family somehow? And she apparently left the school around 2:30 to go get more supplies but the fire wasn't reported until 6pm. What was going on during that 3+ hours?

This is one of the strangest cases I've ever heard about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timeline since she went missing Friday night and the fire:

On Saturday, the sheriff’s office said it was “working a crime scene” off of County Road 43, but said no search parties were being organized to look for Long.

On Sunday morning, the sheriff’s office posted a message to Facebook: “Due to the serious nature of this investigation we ask that you keep the Long Family in your prayers. We are not able to release any further information at this time.”

And on Sunday night, the sheriff’s office said it was “working on an active arson investigation” and said: “We do not believe there is any risk to the public. We continue to ask for prayers for the Long family. We’re not ruling anything in or anything out. We’re in full investigative mode. We’re as perplexed as anyone. Anything’s possible. We’re trying to put together the pieces of the puzzle, and the only thing I can say, is it’s a work in progress.”

And on Monday morning, the sheriff’s office said the gag order had been issued and that no other information would be available about the case.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...der-in-case-of-missing-park-county-girl-arson

I have lived in the area for 20 plus years, my kids went to school with their older kids, the area where her house is pretty far off the road probably about a quarter mile or so so, I would imagine that the 911 call came from inside the house and was possibly Maggie calling because I couldn't imagine neighbors hearing a struggle or seeing anything as to her house is so far off the road and in the wilderness. This whole thing is scary because absolutely no information other than the 911 call has been released and it doesn't seem good.

I'm perplexed. I thought we would have more information on this today, not a gag order.

It doesn't seem good... To not know if they have in custody a person or persons of interest, and if they have found Maggie alive or not! I have been somewhat paranoid not knowing if there is an arsonist, burglar and or kidnapper on the lose up here!

I have lived in the area for 20 plus years, my kids went to school with their older kids, the area where her house is pretty far off the road probably about a quarter mile or so so, I would imagine that the 911 call came from inside the house and was possibly Maggie calling because I couldn't imagine neighbors hearing a struggle or seeing anything as to her house is so far off the road and in the wilderness. This whole thing is scary because absolutely no information other than the 911 call has been released and it doesn't seem good.

I found the wording about her disappearing "after" the fire interesting myself. They must have some reason to believe she was in the house until the fire started or shortly before so her making the 911 call would make sense. Have you heard any rumors? I know you can't say here but I saw one by a random commenter on SM that was interesting.

I found the wording about her disappearing "after" the fire interesting myself. They must have some reason to believe she was in the house until the fire started or shortly before so her making the 911 call would make sense. Have you heard any rumors? I know you can't say here but I saw one by a random commenter on SM that was interesting.

This strikes me as domestic in nature.

Yes, there are a few rumors. What did you see?

Yes, there are a few rumors. What did you see?

I haven't seen anything to support my theory that this is domestic in nature. From what I have read here, I just get that vibe. I can "picture" violence within the house with "people throwing things", who are extremely angry, and her trying to control it somehow.

BTW: I am NOT psychic -- (psycho, maybe)

There have been some posts on SM that have been deleted, some were from the park county sheriff's office, just seems odd. We don't know if she has been found alive or not, are the person or persons of interest in custody, do we have an arsonist, burglar and or kidnapper on the lose up here

What are the chances she is in protective custody?

I've wondered the same. Or if they at least know where she is.

My question is: is it standard to put a gag order on the coroners office? It looks like it was listed which I found odd, but that may just be standard procedure.

I find the gag order to be positive. LE is protecting someone somehow. That's a good thing.... hope she is safe.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

The gag order prohibits the release of any information about the case by first responders, law enforcement, court personnel, the coroner's office, the district attorney's office or anyone associated with these agencies.

The order will remain, it states, until "such a time as it is determined that the release of the information would no longer affect the integrity of the on-going investigation."

http://www.9news.com/news/local/gag...f-park-county-teen-last-seen-friday/496777204

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82