Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there are windows in the attic apartment that face the front of the home? Did the tenant have a way to see who and what was going on or could he just hear?

Does anyone know if there are windows in the attic apartment that face the front of the home? Did the tenant have a way to see who and what was going on or could he just hear?
If you look at the pics from the drone video it sure doesn't look like it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
3ec38b07fa7e6271b8ffd4cc57413b54.jpg
d37c8f40b402f748f5085ced56529e15.jpg

Anyone on this forum have a rumor or idea of where Maggie's father, San Long, was that night of Dec. 1.?

Anyone on this forum have a rumor or idea of where Maggie's father, San Long, was that night of Dec. 1.?
All I'd heard on this was that he was indeed working at their liqour store on Saturday the 2nd. There had been rumor he was out of state, but that ended up being untrue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think the tenant was in on it. He was either apart of it or had some kind of role in it.

Think about it. If you were in a house and smelled smoke. You would think the house is on fire and call 911 and get out of the house. But somehow he supposedly knew they were lighting the house on fire? Doesn’t make
sense. And based on how the house looks There’s no way you could see from up in the apartment

From social media comments I believe Maggie's actual funeral was either today or tomorrow. Seems like such a long time to wait to have a funeral so I'm assuming it's because she was only recently released to her family.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Is anyone here a member of the closed facebook group for Maggie? I just saw it tonight and was curious who runs it and if it's just gossiping or any useful info shared.

Yes, I am in the the fb group Please Help Bring Justice For Maggie Long. Half of the group consists of people in our small town that knew Maggie and are eager to find justice served.

A couple of items to help with the financial and regional peculiarities speculation going on in the thread.

Firstly, I live just north of the Longs on county road 43. Any speculation that homeowners in this area are primarily the independently wealthy living in isolation, partial year residents in vacation homes, or folks that are tied only to local income sources is patently false. We're roughly an hour's drive from most of metro Denver and a large percentage of the folks up here commute to Denver for work (personally, I work remotely). My point being, there is plenty of income in the area that isn't sourced locally. We're remote, but it's not Alaska-style remote.

Also, here's a few publicly available record links (easily found if you know where to look) to sum up the general property status of the Longs:

County Assessor's record for the home: http://www.parkco.org/prop2.asp?ScheduleNumber=44045
County Assessor's record for other Long property in father's name: http://www.parkco.org/namesearchresults2.asp
Zillow info on home: https://www.zillow.com/homes/3763-county-road-43-bailey-co_rb/

I post the above to show that the Long's are not land barons (at least in Park County). They do own a 27 acre, $1.6 million dollar property purchased in 2001 for $530,000, but that's not all that unusual for a mid-to-upper middle class person who bought at the right time in this area. Their other properties are the two small business buildings they operate their restaurants and liquor store from.

The Long's have done well for themselves, but not so well that only nefarious sources of income could explain their position.

Well, you are correct but a little further look shows properties in Hartsell, Fairplay and Guffey.
Numerous properties in Conifer, Pine, Louisville, Superior, Sacremento and Los Angeles.

Well, you are correct but a little further look shows properties in Hartsell, Fairplay and Guffey.
Numerous properties in Conifer, Pine, Louisville, Superior, Sacremento and Los Angeles.

Why not post evidence of your claims? This is all a matter of public record.

I'll give you that I missed some properties in Park county, but most (if not all) are related to their local businesses and amendments to existing properties. The property in Fairplay is a mobile home... hardly anything other than their home worth more the $50k. I can personally speak to the location and publicly known purpose of the properties listed for Park county. My point being there is nothing in Park county that would indicate anything other than an average person that made some mostly minor real estate purchases over the years... no way of knowing if they're leveraged buys or who the lien holders may be.

Also, I just noticed search links to the county assessors site do not work correctly, so here's a screen shot of the search.

attachment.php

Again, I don't have a dog in this race... I'm posting evidential behavior to balance some of the wild speculative and anecdotal stuff I've seen in previous posts.

Attachments

• 8NoMmIh.jpg
    8NoMmIh.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 559
A simple background search engine provides anyone this information for a small fee.
I use Truthfinder for my needs. It is somewhat comprehensive.
There are also numerous addresses owned in conjunction with family members.
I went to each and every one of those assessors websites to verify ownership.
I found 24 properties in Colorado and CA that I verified ownership of. Multi family dwellings, single family homes and multiple office complexes.

A simple background search engine provides anyone this information for a small fee.
I use Truthfinder for my needs. It is somewhat comprehensive.
There are also numerous addresses owned in conjunction with family members.
I went to each and every one of those assessors websites to verify ownership.
I found 24 properties in Colorado and CA that I verified ownership of. Multi family dwellings, single family homes and multiple office complexes.

Is it possible that many of these are rental properties? I live in a rural, mountainous area and many people invest in rental properties to supplement their business incomes because income is often somewhat limited in a rural area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not post evidence of your claims? This is all a matter of public record.

I'll give you that I missed some properties in Park county, but most (if not all) are related to their local businesses and amendments to existing properties. The property in Fairplay is a mobile home... hardly anything other than their home worth more the $50k. I can personally speak to the location and publicly known purpose of the properties listed for Park county. My point being there is nothing in Park county that would indicate anything other than an average person that made some mostly minor real estate purchases over the years... no way of knowing if they're leveraged buys or who the lien holders may be.

Also, I just noticed search links to the county assessors site do not work correctly, so here's a screen shot of the search.

attachment.php

Again, I don't have a dog in this race... I'm posting evidential behavior to balance some of the wild speculative and anecdotal stuff I've seen in previous posts.

WOWSERS! If that's normal property....then I feel poverty level poor. How does one acquire that much property? How would you ever get each loan paid? Would it ever be fully paid loans or how does this work? I've never claimed to be rich, but daggone I feel dirt poor now.

WOWSERS! If that's normal property....then I feel poverty level poor. How does one acquire that much property? How would you ever get each loan paid? Would it ever be fully paid loans or how does this work? I've never claimed to be rich, but daggone I feel dirt poor now.
I would guess they are mostly rental properties and with the rental market in both Colorado and California being crazy they probably can charge much more than what they pay on the loan each month. For example my Dad owns real estate both commercial and residential in Colorado, Kansas and Florida and he was not rich he just bought things when the market was down and rents them out. For example he pays $900 a month for the mortgage on one home he owns in Golden but charges $1500 a month in rent so he makes $600 a month off that 1 property. You don't make much off of 1 rental property but if you start with 1 or 2 and then use the profit from those to buy more properties you can definitely make good money!

Right now the rental market in CO is hot, but it's not always been that way. I think it is worth looking into not just WHAT they own, but how long they've owned it. I can tell you that there is no way a family with 2 small Chinese restaurants and a liquor store, in this area, could come close affording even one $530k mortgage, much less several. They'd have to be pulling in upwards of $250k a year to afford just what they own in Park County, and I'd be surprised if all 3 businesses together netted a dollar over $100k. However, owning an apartment complex and office complex...the rental income could be quite significant. So then I ask myself...why operate the 2 restaurants and liquor store if you have sufficient rental income to live a very, very, very upper middle class life? Hmm....restaurants and liquor stores are very liquid cash businesses....or I guess it could have just been a hobby.

Right now the rental market in CO is hot, but it's not always been that way. I think it is worth looking into not just WHAT they own, but how long they've owned it. I can tell you that there is no way a family with 2 small Chinese restaurants and a liquor store, in this area, could come close affording even one $530k mortgage, much less several. They'd have to be pulling in upwards of $250k a year to afford just what they own in Park County, and I'd be surprised if all 3 businesses together netted a dollar over $100k. However, owning an apartment complex and office complex...the rental income could be quite significant. So then I ask myself...why operate the 2 restaurants and liquor store if you have sufficient rental income to live a very, very, very upper middle class life? Hmm....restaurants and liquor stores are very liquid cash businesses....or I guess it could have just been a hobby.

If they were renting out at least 1 and possibly 2 apartments on the property and profiting off other rentals, that would go a long way towards paying a mortgage on a house like that. We have lots of people like this where I live. I’m not saying the Longs don’t have another income source, but you’d be surprised at how well some people do investing in numerous rental properties.

A friend from college took a 20k inheritance and invested it in his first rental property and now owns over 20(at 33yo). He also has a good income at his day job but most of his money is from the rental properties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of the properties I researched had been owned a long time. A few have been purchased recently. Especially the CA properties.
While expanding my search to relatives.....they own a good deal of property all over the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member