Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not suggesting it should be closed, I am suggesting that it might as well be closed. No new information is coming out. LE has never disclosed any useful information. It appears they don't have a clue as to what happened. All that we see are rumors and innuendo. (and I'm referring to fb groups dedicated to this case, also). It is all very frustrating. Very, very frustrating.
Thank you for explaining, and I do understand how you're feeling. Definitely frustrating, although I'm not ready to give up just yet. I have a feeling there is quite a bit simmering under the surface. I hope so, anyway. If nothing else, Maggie has a dilligent journalist on her side that isn't going to forget her.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I am not suggesting it should be closed, I am suggesting that it might as well be closed. No new information is coming out. LE has never disclosed any useful information. It appears they don't have a clue as to what happened. All that we see are rumors and innuendo. (and I'm referring to fb groups dedicated to this case, also). It is all very frustrating. Very, very frustrating.

Have faith, Bill Carson. These are early days still. It is a long, long way from being a cold case.

Bill Carson,
Isn't it a fact, that you are not obligated to look at this post?

I am not certain if you live in our community, but we do, and we want Justice For MAGGIE. So, if that means that we wait and continue to hold our breath, then that is what it means. Some of us have children and friends that are directly impacted by her loss, within our community, and they need comfort knowing that justice will come. Until that happens, please refrain from making such a suggestion. Thank you!

I totally agree with the last two responses. Just because there is no info being shared doesn't mean there is no info. It seems most cases take a long time to build. Tenant may very well now more than any if us have been privy to, as well as DNA might end up very helpful. Both of these facts make it far more likely they will find whoever did this than many cases.

I totally agree with the last two responses. Just because there is no info being shared doesn't mean there is no info. It seems most cases take a long time to build. Tenant may very well now more than any if us have been privy to, as well as DNA might end up very helpful. Both of these facts make it far more likely they will find whoever did this than many cases.

I think the collection of random young male DNA samples is a bit concerning personally. I felt the same way until I heard that. I hope I’m wrong and they have a person or people they are looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the collection of random young male DNA samples is a bit concerning personally. I felt the same way until I heard that. I hope I’m wrong and they have a person or people they are looking at.

That actually makes me feel better. That means they have dna they are trying to match. They did the same thing for Jenise Wright and found Gabe Gaeta. They did the same thing for the Baton Rouge serial killer and found Derrick Todd Lee. Random samples don't seem like a bad plan.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DNA sampling was not random.

CBI had a list of names, researched before hand and approached those families and young men asking for voluntary samples.

In short, they had a list matching certain aspects obtained by the parent sample.

DNA sampling was not random.

CBI had a list of names, researched before hand and approached those families and young men asking for voluntary samples.

In short, they had a list matching certain aspects obtained by the parent sample.

Hiya Walter, As per many people here I also thank you for your insight. Please, could I clarify when you say, parent sample you don't mean Mum and Dad (Parents) you mean the main sample found at the crime scene?

KR
Reacher

Hiya Walter, As per many people here I also thank you for your insight. Please, could I clarify when you say, parent sample you don't mean Mum and Dad (Parents) you mean the main sample found at the crime scene?

KR
Reacher

I think Walter won’t mind if I answer this, as the original sample from the scene that is obtained is often referred to as the ‘parent sample’ I believe that is what he is talking about, not the parents themselves (they would already know if it was the parent’s DNA since they’ve run it against family I’m sure).

I think Walter won’t mind if I answer this, as the original sample from the scene that is obtained is often referred to as the ‘parent sample’ I believe that is what he is talking about, not the parents themselves (they would already know if it was the parent’s DNA since they’ve run it against family I’m sure).

Yes. Sample found at the crime scene.

I'm not sure if that is officially what law enforcement calls it, it's just what I have been calling it.

After the initial missing person report on the news, my suspicions were aroused.. I had coincidentally just learned earlier in the day about the Platte Canyon High School hostage tragedy.. which shook me to the core, to say the least. The irony that later in the evening i would see an innocuous MP report in the same town on KDVR.

I had my doubts very early on that the entirety of the investigation was being portrayed, and that beneath the scene was something far larger playing out. Something behind a random fire and a dead girl, somewhere there was retribution being taken... somewhere somebody had great motive as it pertains to being sure to take something from this family to satisfy a debt or misdeed.... call it one too many late nights listening to conspiracy radio shows and reading about mysteries.. but something here wasn't adding up..

Today, 1-24-18... I learned that the delaying of the autopsy was being pushed for at least 30 days, and that would follow in the further discretionary release of said information, this troubles me. Something very bad has happened here, but what sort of corruption is being covered up..

i read in one of these previous threads that the autopsy is a SUREFIRE way to tell if the deceased was indeed DEAD OR ALIVE during time of the fire, as the soot and smoke would surely have been breathed into her lungs and respiratory system..

the halting of this information could be due to the fact that this is precisely the case and that with this information we would also be given an indication she was murdered then set on fire to cover the tracks of the original crime. which comes back to these questions:

-why would the parents not attend the memorial service, as i have been lead to believe is true from reports and accounts in the entirety of this thread.

-what sort of financial allotment were the family actually privy to? multiple accounts of the family having properties in littleton, bailey and another location? yet the daughter being made to pay off her tuition at the theater.. not to discredit work ethic, but the fact of also taking on renters on the main property leads me to believe finances could have been a problem to The Longs, though we like to keep appearances don't we?

-Surely, someone has to have some resounding information waiting to be released.. first a gag order, and now a full on plea to stall the release of actual cause of death. crazy indeed, this story.

I'm still trying to pour over all this information and understand it, without speaking improperly about the case or disrespect anyone or thing about the case.

#citizenjournalist

It has been confirmed that the parents did not have financial problems. They did not attend her services, either one, because of cultural reasons. I was told this by the family. I have seen all of the Long Family since this horrible tragedy. They have a very large, very close knit family. They are all extemely hardworking, and really wonderful people. If someone had reason for a revenge sort of thing, it seems hard to believe or understand. But, of course, nothing is impossible. IMO, that is not the case here. The house could have been being cased for a long time, with comings and goings noted. The folks living there were gone, at work, for very long hours each day. This could have been know by many, as it is a very small community. I had an insurance agency up here for years, and home robberies certainly do happen. It is a large home, on a large piece of property. And the drug problem in Park County has been steadily increasing from what I have heard over the years. All of the rumors about other nefarious things like human trafficking, mafia, etc. seem truly far fetched. I have been to their home on various occasions over the years and never saw anything to substantiate these rumors.

It has been confirmed that the parents did not have financial problems. They did not attend her services, either one, because of cultural reasons. I was told this by the family. I have seen all of the Long Family since this horrible tragedy. They have a very large, very close knit family. They are all extemely hardworking, and really wonderful people. If someone had reason for a revenge sort of thing, it seems hard to believe or understand. But, of course, nothing is impossible. IMO, that is not the case here. The house could have been being cased for a long time, with comings and goings noted. The folks living there were gone, at work, for very long hours each day. This could have been know by many, as it is a very small community. I had an insurance agency up here for years, and home robberies certainly do happen. It is a large home, on a large piece of property. And the drug problem in Park County has been steadily increasing from what I have heard over the years. All of the rumors about other nefarious things like human trafficking, mafia, etc. seem truly far fetched. I have been to their home on various occasions over the years and never saw anything to substantiate these rumors.
Hi! Thanks for your input. I'm not familiar with the cultural reasons for not attending services. Are you comfortable with sharing a bit about that, just generally speaking?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

After the initial missing person report on the news, my suspicions were aroused.. I had coincidentally just learned earlier in the day about the Platte Canyon High School hostage tragedy.. which shook me to the core, to say the least. The irony that later in the evening i would see an innocuous MP report in the same town on KDVR.

I had my doubts very early on that the entirety of the investigation was being portrayed, and that beneath the scene was something far larger playing out. Something behind a random fire and a dead girl, somewhere there was retribution being taken... somewhere somebody had great motive as it pertains to being sure to take something from this family to satisfy a debt or misdeed.... call it one too many late nights listening to conspiracy radio shows and reading about mysteries.. but something here wasn't adding up..

Today, 1-24-18... I learned that the delaying of the autopsy was being pushed for at least 30 days, and that would follow in the further discretionary release of said information, this troubles me. Something very bad has happened here, but what sort of corruption is being covered up..

i read in one of these previous threads that the autopsy is a SUREFIRE way to tell if the deceased was indeed DEAD OR ALIVE during time of the fire, as the soot and smoke would surely have been breathed into her lungs and respiratory system..

the halting of this information could be due to the fact that this is precisely the case and that with this information we would also be given an indication she was murdered then set on fire to cover the tracks of the original crime. which comes back to these questions:

-why would the parents not attend the memorial service, as i have been lead to believe is true from reports and accounts in the entirety of this thread.

-what sort of financial allotment were the family actually privy to? multiple accounts of the family having properties in littleton, bailey and another location? yet the daughter being made to pay off her tuition at the theater.. not to discredit work ethic, but the fact of also taking on renters on the main property leads me to believe finances could have been a problem to The Longs, though we like to keep appearances don't we?

-Surely, someone has to have some resounding information waiting to be released.. first a gag order, and now a full on plea to stall the release of actual cause of death. crazy indeed, this story.

I'm still trying to pour over all this information and understand it, without speaking improperly about the case or disrespect anyone or thing about the case.

#citizenjournalist

First off, let me address your idea about the release of the autopsy.

They had no intent of releasing the autopsy report around this time.

I asked for the records on this case before Christmas, 2017.

I was denied (which I expected).

http://www.theflume.com/free_content/article_67ca3b5a-e73a-11e7-9d40-2f9528003cb6.html

I personally spoke to David Kintz Jr.

He said the autopsy would not be released until the CBI was done with their investigation.

In reference to why the parents would not attend the memorial service, you need to educate yourself to Oriental customs in regards to deaths in a family and funerals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_funeral_rituals

In reference to the families finances, I covered this in a very long article in my newspaper.

http://www.theflume.com/free_content/article_150a3152-f722-11e7-8bfa-f7e76994a7f1.html

You can accept the testimony of the manager, who is very close to the family, or you can go with your own theories.

You say, "... first a gag order, and now a full on plea to stall the release of actual cause of death. crazy indeed, this story. "

If you read my article about releasing records, there was never any intent to release information this early on in the investigation.

Next to the law enforcement authorities, there is no one that know more about this case than I do. I know some of the details of the autopsy, I am not at liberty at this point to release the info.

I have details that I won't release at this point, I am not the sort of journalist/editor who just runs with every lede, I require proven sources before I publish something.

Early this morning, I had a conversation with someone high up in the Park County Sheriff's Office, face to face in my office at the newspaper, and after the conversation, I can tell you they are no any closer to solving this than you are.

I actually gave this person some leads that may help in the investigation, but once again, I can't reveal what I know.

I'm a journalist, not a detective, it's not my job to solve this, but it is my job to make sure that I can let the public know what facts are swimming around this case.

I've done this, for the last seven weeks.

And in two weeks, I will be on vacation to Europe and the Middle East for almost a month. As much as this story is mine, I hope I can come back to the U.S. and find that this has been solved. I can only hope.

When I was invited to her funeral, I looked up Chinese funerals, and there is some good info on what the traditions are. Many people who comment on this case seem to completely overlook that these folks are Chinese, and they just have different customs. Like all the talk about gambling is pretty crazy, as mahjong is a game that is huge in their culture. Similar to many Americans enjoyment of poker games.

The secrecy in this case is mind boggling. I don't think I remember but one case that was so limited, and scares on what was released. That other case, Brandon Lawson remains unsolved.

Maybe there are bigger fish to catch, thus gathering their case to arrest multiple people for various crimes. If they had a perp in mind, I don't understand the DNA collection of multiple young men. I can say that if this crime happened in my area, my son would NOT be giving DNA and I know my husband would say NO. Too much corruption for me to be completely OK with DNA results sitting around. Especially in an area that doesn't seem transparent. JMO though!

Well, maybe, just maybe, since we have such a small community, if all the information was devulaged, who would qualify to stand, on the jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member