Found Deceased CO - Micah Tice, 20, hiker, Rocky Mountain Natl Park, Longs Peak Trailhead, USAFA Cadet, 22 Nov 2018

Rest in peace Micah! Since COD is hypothermia/exposure, i think after a certain point Micah just fell into a deep sleep and didn't suffer. At about 80 degrees body temp unconsciousness sets in and death can occur at below 70 degrees. I think in blizzard conditions with wind chill etc it would have not been prolonged. Still so so tragic... Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Skeletal Remains Found on Longs Peak in RMNP Identified | Larimer County
From the coroner:

[The skeletal remains found on July 5, 2019 in RMNP have been positively identified by the Larimer County Coroner's Office as Micah Tice, age 20, from Las Vegas Nevada.

Manner of Death is Accident.

Cause of Death is Hypothermia/Exposure.]
That is just SOOO sad. I’d actually had rather he died from an accidental fall that killed him instantly. I wonder if he just got disoriented and lost. Just so sad. Prayers to his family and friends.

Learning of the discover of Tice was particularly haunting for me; its a feeling I now know all too well.
While the outcome is tragic, I'm glad there is closure for the family. Keep them in your prayers, for the next phase of this ordeal is, in many ways, the most difficult.

Rest in peace, Micah.

I often comment that the family and friends of those who perish suffer so, so much - all those who live on with that pain. Their suffering, I can't imagine... (well I can because I have lost several people very close to me, like so many of us here). I always wish that they find nice memories to call upon, and hope they have support and love...

(OT to @PalmerLakeAnon - hoping that one day soon you and yours will have the answers you need, too, whichever way it goes... ugh, so sad to even say that... take good care. Sometimes it is all we can do...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back