Found Deceased CO - Michael Kroll, 41, dog found, Pagosa Springs, 16 Oct 2021 *arrest in 2023*

Being a bit tightly-wound myself, it's interesting to read about and ponder living a free-spirited-hippy lifestyle. I read his facebook posts back for a bit. Michael is a neat guy, I hope someone didn't harm him. He seemed happy with his job and room he was provided for the next two weeks (ending on 10/25). Would he have disappeared voluntarily without Bernie and his things?
He would most definitely not leave Bernie behind.

I have known Michael for 20 plus years and per the consensus I can think of no scenario where he would have willingly left his dog, Bernie.

That dog means the world to him and was essentially his best friend.

I have told Michael in the past that I envied him in some ways, as he has seen parts of this country that I will never see in a million years.

That said I have also often worried about him and his travels and wondered what would happen if he were to come across the wrong person at the wrong time.

I'm still holding out hope that he is found safe and reunited with Bernie, we all are hoping beyond all hope for that happy ending of sorts.

That said given the circumstances... No contact, phone found on side of the road, Bernie wondering alone I have mentally prepared myself (to the best of my ability) for this to not end well.

Yep. I have known him since 10th grade. No way he left Bernie on his own... I worried to about his traveling. Mike was a trusting person. He truly believed that if you had good intentions the universe would too. It always made me nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find any information about a bicycle?

His bike was at the trailer he was staying along with his other belongings. Currently, his laptop and wallet are unaccounted for. His phone and Bernie were located but miles apart is separate locations.
My dog can and has easily squeezed out of his harness because he was scared of the water sprinklers...The question I have is if he was last seen leaving work, did he take Bernie to work? Did he ride a bicycle to work, or not? I believe he may have gotten a ride from the wrong person, also.

We did receive a tip that he was overheard at work talking to someone about getting a ride to Bayfield CO. But we do not know why he wanted to go there. And if he did to there we knew that he did not intend to stay there as all this belongings with exception of his phone, wallet, Bernie, and a laptop were left at trailer he was staying in that was next door to the donation center.
Thank you.

Former Joplin resident, listed as missing by Colorado authorities; Michael Kroll missing more than a week | KSNF/KODE - FourStatesHomepage.com

Police say Michael Kroll was last seen leaving work on Saturday, Oct. 16. Last known contact was by text later that evening. It now has been more than a week.

Friends in the Joplin area say his dog, Bernie, was found without his collar and vest in a different town several miles away.

Michael would NOT have abandoned Bernie,” one friend stated emphatically.

Kroll’s cell phone was found near a highway. All of Kroll’s belongings, including hiking gear, were at his home. It is unknown if his bicycle is accounted for.

28BC68A7-1514-46A8-933D-9E0ADAC5E70F.jpeg

Help Find Missing - Michael "Mike" Kroll

His bike was at the trailer he was staying along with his other belongings. Currently, his laptop and wallet are unaccounted for. His phone and Bernie were located but miles apart is separate locations.

hello, me again.
If you know, was he staying with others at the trailer?
Did anyone there see him or talk with him before he left?
Do they know if he left on foot, or if someone picked him up?

Do we know if he was needing medication?
Is it possible that he left without them, thinking he would return the same evening ?
Could he have become disoriented and not know where he was?
Is Bayfield a large town? What is the terrain like?
Did he know anyone in the area?

AMOO JMO MOO

LordyMae has now been verified as a long term friend of Michael's.

Our verified member does not need to provide links to back up what they state as fact about the case. Please be polite and respectful to our VI at all times. If by chance you happen to disagree with something they have to contribute, do not argue with them or challenge them, but just scroll and roll without bickering.

Thank you Lordymae for being here for your friend Michael, and thanks to all members who are here discussing his case.

Came to look for updates and see none :(
I'm afraid Michael trusted the wrong person, hope I'm terribly wrong!!

I can't think of any other reason he'd be missing, especially with his phone and pup found so far from his last known location. If it had been an accident, I really feel like he would have been found by now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back