GUILTY CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Everyone has to remember anyone on heroin is always on it. The withdrawls alone can kill you. An addict is defined by there addiction.

So every part of her life her emotions her decisions are made in part by her addiction. The story of craiglist makes a ton of sense. When you think of that. Also the fact a good looking girl like her would not normally associate with someone like the killer.

I rarely post, but have to say an addict/ alcoholic is never defined by their addiction. Those who do define them as such, I don’t blame, as society puts that stigma out.
I am a recovering alcoholic and NEVER are we to be defined as such.

I’m sure Natalie was an amazing person (and me having an identical twin myself drew me to this case).

Can you please provide a link “everyone on heroin is always on it” and “the withdrawals alone can kill you”. I am not doubting you but links would be appreciative while saying the above quotes.

All above is my opinion

I’m honestly wondering if he has multiple personality disorder. Creating fake personas online that have such depth is not normal. It seems every character is a different person. Or maybe his virtual personalities affected him psychologically in real life. Or perhaps it’s an intertwining of personality disorder meets fantasy online that exacerbated itself until he finally acted on one of his online personas in real life.

Still, even if any of that is the case, it will never justify what he did nor will he be able to use that excuse in court because he seemed to function on a day to day basis just fine. JMO from what I’ve read and noticed.

You may be on to something...went further back in his journal and found this entry...

“Trouble in Second life
by naruto060695, Feb 11, 2012, 7:05:25 PM
Journals / Personal
A few days ago a memory of my past came rushing back at me. You see I am a spirit traveler and I am able to leave my body to cross the dimensions that most humans can not. My spirit has lived a long time, many wouldn't believe me if I told you. Anyway I was born in the dimension called Valamorea or Hell as we have come to call it. With Valamorea I have a family. I have a wife, two daughters and one son. Only my youngest daughter is related tome by blood, or so I believed. My oldest daughter never knew her real father an her. Her mother is my wife's youngest sister. Before I go on I need to say that most of my memories have been sealed away but have been slowly coming back for awhile now. Back to the story, I found out that before I was married I had slept with my wife's sister while we where dating. Around nine months before the the birth of my oldest daughter. She was told that her father was human so she would never see him. My wife's sister could care for the child for she was to under go some trial so I asked to care for the child until she returned. She was sent to this world in order to keep her safe and never returned to care for her daughter. So I cared for the child and she grew calling me daddy. Yesterday I put some pieces together and got some memory back, when I finally remembered that I was her father. I had asked to care for her because she was my daughter and I knew her mother's fate. I raised her like my own because she was my child. So now I know this information but I have no idea if I should tell my wife. I have kept this secret for over 300 years.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He really doesn't show any of signs of Dissociative Identity Disorder (previously known as Multiple Personality Disorder). I always find it fascinating how often it comes up in cases - I really mean no disrespect but unfortunately the general public often don't realise how very very very rare this is. Think it's because of the media coverage of real and not-so-real examples, and also because it's just such a bizaare and confronting disorder.

His writing could simply be what many people do online - write fiction as a form of escapism, expression, etc. His content is scary as well as his personas, but many 'normal' people can come up with similar - I'm a big fan of Stephen King - now there's some seriously scary fiction creation lol.

But I would agree that what he writes about could be a reflection of underlying desires or thoughts he has. Sometimes writing about it will stop it needing to become a reality...until it does.

I’d like to weigh in on the whole euphoria debate...while I have no way of knowing what Natalie was feeling, I can tell you, as someone sober for over 10 years from heroin, that’s it’s not a sense of euphoria as in joy...there is nothing happy about it. It’s a numbness really, in my experience. Sometimes there is a sense of false “well-being” if you will, but life when you get to that level is dark dark dark. If you get to the point where you are shooting heroin into your veins, something is seriously wrong in life, and there is no joy to be found anywhere. The relief I got was a temporary reprieve from soul-crushing sadness and pain and darkness, but it was still there, always there. I think it’s absolutely possible someone high on H would still want to commit suicide while high, but even more so while coming down.
I’m not saying I think Natalie was suicidal because at this point I have no clue. We know she was in the past, but that’s as far as I’ve come in my guessing as to what really went down. After reading the affidavit, what I am sure of is that JL entertained thoughts of capturing/torturing/killing someone long before he and NB crossed paths. He had personas that operated in psychopathic behaviors. Now whether she really did put out some sort of ad on Craigslist or not I don’t know, but I do know he is a predator, and must be held accountable regardless of what Natalie did or didn’t do.

I asked my brother what it was he liked about heroin once, he said, "Everything is just great. Everything is perfect--like you have no care in the world. I can't explain it."

Yeah, but that's a temporary feeling.

When an addict is so deep in the drug (and the needle); you see them dope sick (sweating, body aches, vomiting, pissed off when they're out of dope), then when they get their fix, their sickness resides & they're nodding off again.

It's not a pretty sight.

I wonder if NB was in that state. If so, JML could have easily dragged her out of the car, shot her, and split the scene within 8 minutes.

NB was obviously still fighting depression & her inner demons as she was still cutting & using.

I hope she's finally resting in peace.

Tuesday, February 14th:
*Return Filing of Charges Hearing (@ 8:30am MT) - CO - Natalie Bollinger (19) (Dec. 28, 2017) - Joseph Michael Lopez (22) - arrested on 2/8/18 accused of 1st degree murder.

IF what JL claims is true, and my sense is that at least part of it is true, here are my thoughts at a high level:

First possibility in my mind is JL and NB did get in touch over craigslist, but it was to purchase drugs or sell JM’s gun for drug money. These posts are often written in code so they wouldn’t flag any TOS. JL has a desire to kill and has his own fantasies and found NB as an easy target. She left her phone in her apartment (that part we still don’t know for sure) because she was planning on jumping in JL’s car to make the transaction and be done with it. Later, JM realized his gun was missing and called in the missing persons report. Due to NB’s past suicidal tendencies and her RO on SS, LE took it seriously very quickly. In this scenario, it was a thrill kill.

Second possibility IMO is that JL’s claims are at least somewhat true. In this scenario, I speculate that NB desperately wanted to get away from her current situation, whether that included Domestic violence or not, and either didn’t believe in suicide or simply couldn’t bring herself to do it. She posted a CL ad, likely in code to avoid getting the post flagged. They texted a lot to get the details of what NB actually wanted done and why, and what payment would entail (my guess is the gun, but who knows). NB may have used her own phone but IMO JL likely used a burner phone or an easy-to-access app that allows you to change your number so he could have some level of security in moving forward with this plan. NB numbed herself with drugs and the rest unfolded.

Then, when LE had brief access to NB’s phone before it died (according to affidavit), they saw some (if not all) of the text messages and/or the CL ad. They determined from that that this was an isolated incident and informed the public they weren’t in danger. They then took some time to go through all of NB’s texts with JL (plus allllll the other social media data) and worked to identify JL through this fake number. It took some time.

The last two possibility I’m working on right now are definitely the furthest stretch. Keep in mind this is all speculation.

Someone in NB’s life texted as her (they do not have to physically have her phone to do so, there are apps where you can type in any number and send texts as if it’s from that number, when someone replies it goes to the app user, not the person who owns that number). This person made sure NB was heavily drug induced before telling her to meet JL outside to get some drugs, telling her to bring the gun for protection. Being so out of it, NB did as she was told and once in the car, JL started driving, thinking she was in on the plan. Perhaps it was even part of the plan that NB would act as if she didn’t know what was going on, like a kidnapping - some people get off on sick fantasies like this.

Last possibility, again highly unlikely, is that NB wanted to frame/punish people in her life by setting up this plan (very Gone Girl). She wanted to use her boyfriend’s gun (this hasn’t been confirmed) and she wanted it execution style - hoping LE would immediately suspect him.

This is all my own opinion given what we know right now. MOO. What other theories do you guys have? What are your thoughts on any of the above?

The bf probably reported her missing soon after he had last seen her because he went through her phone himself and found the text between NB and JL.. I read somewhere that he didn't report his gun missing until LE came to his home and that was probably due to him not realizing it was gone yet, he went thru her phone, called LE, and after hanging up, read or realized where did she get a gun, so that prompted him to investigate the whereabouts of his.

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk

I’m struggling with the fact that LE would let that phone run flat! You would get warning and would find a power source. They aren’t that stupid....

I bet he is telling the truth. That is why the bf reported her missing so quickly, that is why LE responded so quickly, even though in the state of Colorado, anyone who is 18 or older has to be missing for I think 24 hrs before LE will call him/her missing person. The bf went through her phone and read the text between her and JL and frantically called the police, but when the cops came her phone had died and was locked so LE had to supeona her phone records to confirm this. Also, I read somewhere that JM didn't report his gun missing until the cops came to his home and that was probably due to him not thinking, oh where did she get a gun until after hanging up with LE, which prompted him to look for his own. Also, NB probably knew that Colorado had the right to die law and either (a)she completely misunderstood the circumstances that would allow that, (b)she understood but kind of convinced JL that it would pan out or whatever or (c)she took that lethal dose of heroin bc I believe someone stated a person would have to have less than 6 months to live in order for someone to assist their suicide so a lethal dose potentially gave her way less than 6 months, so him aiding in her suicide in that circumstance of said law, would actually work.

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk

I rarely post, but have to say an addict/ alcoholic is never defined by their addiction. Those who do define them as such, I don’t blame, as society puts that stigma out.

I’m sure Natalie was an amazing person (and me having an identical twin myself drew me to this case).

Can you please provide a link “everyone on heroin is always on it” and “the withdrawals alone can kill you”. I am not doubting you but links would be appreciative while saying the above quotes.

All above is my opinion

https://www.self.com/story/former-heroin-addict-documentary-warning-this-drug-may-kill-you

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2015/07/bay_city_heroin_addict_shares.html

All above is my opinion

Just my two cents, perhaps the statement “everyone on heroin is always on it” is more like “once an addict, always an addict”? While any person can be clean from their drug of choice (or alcohol), if the person was addicted, they will always be fighting that addiction and working hard emotionally and mentally to remain in recovery.

In regards to withdrawals being able to kill you, that part is fact. Working in the medical field, I’ve witnessed drug/alcohol withdrawals. I’ve also witnessed my own father who was a chronic alcoholic curled in a ball, vomiting, with a fever, shaking, sweating and experiencing DT’s. 6 months before his passing, he experienced alcoholic seizures when he was SOBER. When a human body become reliant on a substance, the body does not want to function properly if the substance is removed “cold turkey” thus the body systems “freak out” . Likewise, when someone quits heroin cold turkey, the person gets “dope sick” which includes muscle aches, vomiting, diarrhea, sweating, etc.

I’m having a hard time find a link regarding heroin withdrawals causing death, but here is one regarding alcohol.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/withdrawal-timelines-treatments/alcohol/

The phone situation baffles me. I know different phones have different settings, but I find it odd that JM and LE were able to get into the phone until it died, only requiring a PIN on restart. My phone is PIN locked. It locks itself after a few minutes of inactivity. I have to enter the PIN on restart, but I also have to enter it in general to use it unless it's just up and running. Was her phone up and open and actively running something that would prevent it from locking - like a video? Did she have it set to lock only when specifically locked or powered down? Did she have it set to lock after a period of time and JM got home within that window but missed her leaving by minutes? Did JM know the PIN and unlock it initially but not tell LE what the PIN was? Am I overthinking this because we have no idea what kind of phone or settings she had and these are not answerable? Probably.

Im confused by this as well. I have an iPhone that is password protected, BUT you can change the settings of your phone to never lock unless you hit the side button and put the phone in “standby” mode. Perhaps Natalie had her phone set like that, hence the phone wasn’t locked when LE first accessed it.

Even if that was the case, I would think LE seeing the battery in the red on the top of the phone screen would have triggered them to put it on a charger, considering the circumstances of Natalie being reported missing and knowing most people’s phones hold a lot of personal information and conversations.

So Court should have happened by now....

Prelim April 27th at 9AM

Supposedly NB’a sister and boyfriend were there, NB’s Dad and his girlfriend, and JL’s girlfriend was there

Jennifer Christine Jones looks to be his attorney

Heroin withdrawals rarely if ever kill you, alcohol yes, frequently due to DTs. I am in recovery and work in the recovery field. I'm actually testifying today in favor of a safe injection site in Denver at the Capitol.
And just an aside, my phone doesn't lock , I have it set that way because I can't stand unlocking it constantly. My phone also kinda sucks and will die while on a charger if you are going through it due to the number of apps I have installed on it, the battery runs down faster than it can charge while my phone is open and operating. I kind of have to leave it alone and let it sit in order to charge. I'm guessing that may have happened....I'm pretty bad at keeping my phone clean, shocking as I'm in tech also lol...but I don't value my phone that much.
There's a lot of misinformation on this thread regarding addiction and recovery. I once again maintain he is a sick person who found her while she was on CL looking to score or make some cash.

Just my two cents, perhaps the statement “everyone on heroin is always on it” is more like “once an addict, always an addict”? While any person can be clean from their drug of choice (or alcohol), if the person was addicted, they will always be fighting that addiction and working hard emotionally and mentally to remain in recovery.

In regards to withdrawals being able to kill you, that part is fact. Working in the medical field, I’ve witnessed drug/alcohol withdrawals. I’ve also witnessed my own father who was a chronic alcoholic curled in a ball, vomiting, with a fever, shaking, sweating and experiencing DT’s. 6 months before his passing, he experienced alcoholic seizures when he was SOBER. When a human body become reliant on a substance, the body does not want to function properly if the substance is removed “cold turkey” thus the body systems “freak out” . Likewise, when someone quits heroin cold turkey, the person gets “dope sick” which includes muscle aches, vomiting, diarrhea, sweating, etc.

I’m having a hard time find a link regarding heroin withdrawals causing death, but here is one regarding alcohol.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/withdrawal-timelines-treatments/alcohol/

My understanding is that heroin withdrawals, while super miserable, can’t kill. Complications like dehydration perhaps, but the withdrawal alone isn’t deadly. Alcohol and benzos however can be very deadly to get off of, which is why it’s always suggested that those coming off go through medical/monitored detox. The seizures you mention with DT’s are one of the biggest culprits. I believe Amy Winehouse died from stopping drinking cold turkey.

ETA: just saw this was addressed above. Glad to see a fellow person in recovery who also works in the field (my husband does, too). I find there is often a lot of misinformation when it comes to using and recovery, sadly. Comes with the territory I guess.

People close to the case are saying more warrants are pending. I think we are in for quite a ride with this case.

He's already changed his story multiple times. Screams of guilt to me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back