GUILTY CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #2 *Arrest*

There are a few other explanations for the bruises besides DV that I can think of. Not gonna say DV is impossible, but there are some alternates. Just kinda spouting off some random thoughts here, all my opinion only:
1) People on heroin aren't known for their coordination, so passing out, bumping into things, etc. could cause bruising.
2) She was really petite and using, so it's possible that she bruised easily. I bruise easily and I'm neither. If my body went to the morgue right now, I'd have a comparable amount of bruises, and that's just from me living my life.
3) All of the bruises were less than an inch wide; I'd think in a DV situation the bruising would be larger.
4) I really think the lip cuts and contusion were caused by her teeth, since the cuts are parallel and it's all on the inside of her lip. I'd think if she was hit in the mouth she'd have bruising on the outside of the mouth too. Not just the inner aspect of the lip. (Ugh just had a thought that maybe she bit into her lip really hard while waiting for JL to pull the trigger)

Yea as mentioned above, right to die state doesn’t mean you can just kill anyone who wants to die. It’s a very strict process. He would still be charged with murder.

There are a few other explanations for the bruises besides DV that I can think of. Not gonna say DV is impossible, but there are some alternates. Just kinda spouting off some random thoughts here, all my opinion only:
1) People on heroin aren't known for their coordination, so passing out, bumping into things, etc. could cause bruising.
2) She was really petite and using, so it's possible that she bruised easily. I bruise easily and I'm neither. If my body went to the morgue right now, I'd have a comparable amount of bruises, and that's just from me living my life.
3) All of the bruises were less than an inch wide; I'd think in a DV situation the bruising would be larger.
4) I really think the lip cuts and contusion were caused by her teeth, since the cuts are parallel and it's all on the inside of her lip. I'd think if she was hit in the mouth she'd have bruising on the outside of the mouth too. Not just the inner aspect of the lip. (Ugh just had a thought that maybe she bit into her lip really hard while waiting for JL to pull the trigger)

Plus she just moved into her apartment two weeks prior. Moving=lots of bruises. At least for me. Two weeks would align with green bruises too.

I’m stuck on her meeting a stranger off the internet for the first time and leaving her phone behind but taking her gun. I can’t imagine any scenario where that would happen unless he physically took her out of her apartment and he grabbed her gun. Or..she knew she was not going to come back.

If he is telling the truth, I’m not sure why he tried to lie and say he took her back home. Last ditch effort to get out of it?

As a victim of DV in the past, I can tell you I made sure noone knew what was going on...you can never blame anyone for not doing enough if you don't understand the context.
It wasn't meant to blame the family, trust me, I know all to well about DV!!
My heart is just broken that she didn't feel she could confide in anyone! I'm sure if she could have (and I'm saying could have, because there's several reasons why most people can't ) her family as protective as they are of her, would have made sure she wouldn't suffer that from that again! The same way they kept SS away from her.

I'm sure JL has the reply to this craigslist ad on his email, should be easy for him to prove....if that's the case. If not, I'm sure they have it on hers, she did have to post it. In any case, they could really use a basic programmer. Curious what the 110 texts said. He seemed super cold when confronted. Hope he rots in prison.

This is so strange for multiple reasons... I've never heard of a case where someone who wasn't critically ill or wounded got assistance in their suicide, by a stranger none the less.

What I don't understand is: how long did this guy think it was going to be before they found the text messages from his phone to her phone?

As a victim of DV in the past, I can tell you I made sure noone knew what was going on...you can never blame anyone for not doing enough if you don't understand the context.

I totally agree, as I was able to hide abuse from my family at her age as well (even while living with them). We do what we believe we need to, at the time.

I hope you aren't taking any comments as victim shaming.

I am so heartbroken by this whole situation. While not knowing her personally, from everything shared, she was very kind, with a compassionate heart and a soft spot for the underdog. Unfortunately, I think it caused her much pain, abuse, attack, and being taken advantage of.

When I've read about everything, throughout her life, what I continue to think is how she just never seemed to be able to catch a break. That's what makes it even more sad. It's like someone said earlier, if this CL theory is true, why couldn't it have been someone else that saw the ad and got her help. Why was it 'this' guy?

[emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

What I don't understand is: how long did this guy think it was going to be before they found the text messages from his phone to her phone?
Probably why he made this statement:

'Before questioning began at the substation, Lopez told detectives that “he was pretty sure that he knew what we were there for,” and that “he was sure it had to do with the girl he talked to on Craigslist,” according to the affidavit.'

Wonder if he actually thought through anything before he killed her. Obviously if he did think at all, maybe she'd still be alive.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes and we were told the only thing crazy about this case was that we thought it was crazy!!
I did not see anything crazy about it in the beginning. Other than a creepy stalker and a girl who died after getting an order of protection. But now??? Totally crazy!!! These new facts are beyond nutty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is just me thinking, but WHY would someone who wanted to commit suicide go the lengths to post an ad on CL requesting help with doing so. I would think the chances of getting a reply would be slim to none, if the post even lasted longer than a few minutes before being removed by CL for TOS violations. ::hmmm::

Adding to that, why would someone who is suicidal and HAS ACCESS TO A GUN post an ad, exchange 111 messages with a responder to the ad and wait patiently for the respondent to arrange a pickup time, date, etc.

Not only did Natalie have access to a gun, she also had access to heroin. Being a user, I can assume she knew what her “limit” was. She could have easily intentionally overdosed, ending her own life.

IMO, if someone is suicidal and has access to a firearm, as well as hard drugs, they’d commit suicide on their own. I cannot fathom involving another random person you don’t know to complete the act for you.

It doesn’t add up. It’s a “good” story on his part and is very convenient Colorado allows assisted suicide. JL had zero reason to take her purse from the crime scene after he killed her. Why not just leave her belongings with her, if he was just helping Natalie carry out her wishes? Why take the gun with him?

While his motive could be plausible, there’s also too many factors to make me believe his motive is nothing more than a murderous evil person trying to cover his own hide. And it won’t work. His motive is also a complete insult and slap in the face to a sweet, lost girl who deserved so much better in life and deserves so much better in death than a coward trying to blame Natalie for her own violent death.

The only good thing is I think his claim will be very easy to prove/ disprove. They will have digital evidence from her, him, craigslist. This part shouldn't remain a mystery forever.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And they will need to make sure they check the timeline...just in case there were any attempts to imitate Natalie using her phone after her murder (even though it wasn't found with her).

Here’s an out there (or maybe not) theory. What if the bf hired JL to do it? I know there’s no other suspects/POIs right now, but I have a feeling LE just knew JL exchanged the texts and pulled the trigger and the backstory came from the interview last night and hasn’t yet been dug into and verified. I’m just having trouble getting on board with Natalie hiring her own hitman. I believe most of JLs story, because it’s too strange to be fiction, but a piece to the puzzle is still missing. Maybe the Craigslist ad was posted by someone else, and said person got her high enough to go along with it. She could’ve been out of it long enough for that person to commandeer her phone.

I sure didn't see THIS coming! I don't know if his story is true or not, but it's ranked up there in my 'strangest stories'! I think we had another case where the killer said the victim wanted them to kill the, I don't remember names though.

This is so strange for multiple reasons... I've never heard of a case where someone who wasn't critically ill or wounded got assistance in their suicide, by a stranger none the less.

I remember one case: Jeffrey Locker approached a complete stranger to help him stage his death, Kenneth Minor, known as „Harlem Kevorkian“. After entering a plea deal, his 20-year sentence was reduced to 12 years.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-sentenced-to-12-years-idUSKCN0I923I20141020

This is just me thinking, but WHY would someone who wanted to commit suicide go the lengths to post an ad on CL requesting help with doing so. I would think the chances of getting a reply would be slim to none, if the post even lasted longer than a few minutes before being removed by CL for TOS violations. ::hmmm::

Adding to that, why would someone who is suicidal and HAS ACCESS TO A GUN post an ad, exchange 111 messages with a responder to the ad and wait patiently for the respondent to arrange a pickup time, date, etc.

Not only did Natalie have access to a gun, she also had access to heroin. Being a user, I can assume she knew what her “limit” was. She could have easily intentionally overdosed, ending her own life.

IMO, if someone is suicidal and has access to a firearm, as well as hard drugs, they’d commit suicide on their own. I cannot fathom involving another random person you don’t know to complete the act for you.

It doesn’t add up. It’s a “good” story on his part and is very convenient Colorado allows assisted suicide. JL had zero reason to take her purse from the crime scene after he killed her. Why not just leave her belongings with her, if he was just helping Natalie carry out her wishes? Why take the gun with him?

While his motive could be plausible, there’s also too many factors to make me believe his motive is nothing more than a murderous evil person trying to cover his own hide. And it won’t work. His motive is also a complete insult and slap in the face to a sweet, lost girl who deserved so much better in life and deserves so much better in death than a coward trying to blame Natalie for her own violent death.

He probably took her purse in case her phone was in it. He wouldn't want to chance anyone seeing their texts. Of course, LE would pull her cell phone records, but I am guessing that's why he took her purse.

As for the gun, it'd be too risky leaving it behind. After all, he just killed her with it.

Definitely...I believe the eye was postmortem per the autopsy report but the lip and the rest of the bruises were not, nor were they noted as vein puncture marks which could result in bruising (and in relatively odd places for one to shoot up in the first place). I think things weren’t good at home :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard of it before. You'd be surprised.

Every now and again a case just wrecks me. This one came out of left field. I so wanted the simplest solution with the fewest assumptions. But when everything is an assumption we always go with the simplest anyway. Thanks all for all your valuable input.

I'm wrecked.

I need to regroup.

Peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member