CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question- how did he get into the attic and into the box? My opinion is someone put him there to pull off this hoax.

The houses in the area looked big, might be a finished "attic" over the garage that you can get to by walking up stairs, like how some people have apartments over the garage for guests

My sons just emailed me and said "that kid better be glad your NOT his mother". lol.

I just called my son to give him the update and he said the same darn thing. I told him I would hug him and happy to see him and then he would be grounded until he was 35.

I can't believe the lady on HLN suggested callling CFS on them.

In my opinion, CFS does need to take a look at whether these children are sufficiently supervised. Just the fact that the parents thought it was possible that their child took off in the family helium balloon shows that they weren't taking proper precautions.

Great news little Falcon is ok! wow I bet he'll be in trouble after a lot of hugs I bet!! his poor parents must have been beside themselves

THe cops sure didn't search the house very good, now did they!!

I agree. There should be at least one cop that searches every place a missing child, in this case a small 6 year old, can hide within the home.

What an emotional roller-coaster.

I did something like that when I was six,I hid in the bushes and the whole neighborhood was calling for me and my friend. We stayed gone for 4 or 5 hours. My parents were so glad to see me. But I still got restricted.

When we were little my brother and I hid under our innertubes on the lazy-river ride at a waterpark. My parents were frantic, lifeguards from different rides jumped in looking for us thinking we drowned.

Punishment? I had to wear swimmies on my arms at 6 years old, even in the baby pools. Taught me a lesson!

I'm glad I was right this time. I posted earlier, after viewing the video of these three boys, that they were most likely pulling a prank. The video shows alot about how these kids are being parented. The seven and nine year old brothers are just as guilty as he is...................if they were mine, they would have a problem sitting down.

From what I read, by outward appearances from Wife Swap, these boy are encouraged to do what they want... to be daredevils.

I'm glad I was right this time. I posted earlier, after viewing the video of these three boys, that they were most likely pulling a prank. The video shows alot about how these kids are being parented. The seven and nine year old brothers are just as guilty as he is...................if they were mine, they would have a problem sitting down.

I am glad you were right too! :)

In my opinion, CFS does need to take a look at whether these children are sufficiently supervised. Just the fact that the parents thought it was possible that their child took off in the family helium balloon shows that they weren't taking proper precautions.

Seriously? I guess all the parents in my development growing up, should have all been investigated too? Kids get into trouble, and they often know how to get into things that parents supposedly "Secured." The balloon was obviously going to be used for something today, since they spent all morning working on it. I'm sure they were excited, and they thought it would be funny to make up a story...the question is did they plan it from the beginning, or did the lie come out once they realized Dad's balloon was floating away?

Why wouldn't the older boys tell their parents where Falcon was after seeing them frantic as it's been reported?

I think LE wasn't thinking like a 6 year old when they searched. Consider hiding places ... and actually, I don't know whether they searched the garage attic at all since all I heard was that they had searched the house.

Good point. The boys are allowed to do as they please. Why were they on the roof of the house?

The father was negligent in not securing the balloon so that a child could untie it. A chain with a padlock, maybe.

Regardless of the aftermath this event will cause, I am overjoyed he is alive and safe! This is what we hope for!Thank God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517