CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently watched an episode of Forensic Files (I'm addicted to those shows) and it said that cadaver dogs alert by laying down in the spot they smell something. We know the dogs at the residence were barking, I wonder what that means, maybe dogs are trained differently now, FF cases are usually pretty old.
It depends on how they are trained. They may bark, sit, or lie down.

We cremated our child. First we had a visitation and open casket viewing so that friends and family could say goodbye. Then there was a funeral service at which time songs that I painstakingly chose were performed and many people stood and shared stories about him. After he was cremated by a professional, his ashes were gently and lovingly placed into a type of vase that I picked out. Rather than holding onto them, we chose to bury the vase in a family cemetery where he is surrounded by loved ones. His headstone includes his entire name, birth and death dates, and a teddy bear. It is clearly marked so that his loved ones can visit and pay their respects whenever they wish.

How is any of that even comparable to tossing your children's bodies into separate oil tanks and lying about it?

I get that people enjoy playing devil's advocates because it's fun, and sometimes helpful, to look at a situation from all angles. For those of us who have lost children, however, claiming that our way of lovingly and carefully laying our children to rest is in any way comparable to what happened to Bella and Cece borders on cruel. Look at the crime from all angles, speculate as much as you want, analyze videos and Facebook posts but please don't make a mockery of these children's deaths because the way in which their bodies were handled was anything but loving or respectful. And please don't disrespect the death of my child (or anyone elses) by insinuating that our choices were in any way comparable to how Bella and Cece's little bodies were treated.

I really want to be respectful of other people's views, mainly because I have certainly been on that other side before here on WS. But there is having different views and then there is arguing for the sake of being different.
A thousand likes from someone who has gone through this too.

And clearly see CW's stress.

Moo
Yes Tuliptiptoe agreed, CW was to busy smiling during the interview all the while the cadaver dogs are reacting to the smell of death in the home.
images

We cremated our child. First we had a visitation and open casket viewing so that friends and family could say goodbye. Then there was a funeral service at which time songs that I painstakingly chose were performed and many people stood and shared stories about him. After he was cremated by a professional, his ashes were gently and lovingly placed into a type of vase that I picked out. Rather than holding onto them, we chose to bury the vase in a family cemetery where he is surrounded by loved ones. His headstone includes his entire name, birth and death dates, and a teddy bear. It is clearly marked so that his loved ones can visit and pay their respects whenever they wish.

How is any of that even comparable to tossing your children's bodies into separate oil tanks and lying about it?

I get that people enjoy playing devil's advocates because it's fun, and sometimes helpful, to look at a situation from all angles. For those of us who have lost children, however, claiming that our way of lovingly and carefully laying our children to rest is in any way comparable to what happened to Bella and Cece borders on cruel. Look at the crime from all angles, speculate as much as you want, analyze videos and Facebook posts but please don't make a mockery of these children's deaths because the way in which their bodies were handled was anything but loving or respectful. And please don't disrespect the death of my child (or anyone elses) by insinuating that our choices were in any way comparable to how Bella and Cece's little bodies were treated.

I really want to be respectful of other people's views, mainly because I have certainly been on that other side before here on WS. But there is having different views and then there is arguing for the sake of being different.

This might be one of the most important posts I’ve read on websleuths, mtnlites.

I stronnnngly have your back on this one, that any type of insinuation comparing the two is, I can’t even find the word. I am giving you the biggest hug in the world right now.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Between the dogs, the drone spotting a bed sheet matching the ones in the house and freshly moved dirt at his worksite, SWs car and belongings being in the house and the neighbors camera showing she never left after arriving at 1:48 the only mystery is that it took 3 days to get a confession.

How in the world did he possibly think he was going to get away with this? edAstounding.
What is astounding to me is that some people are defending him by pointing out all her faults and why she deserved to be killed and her children placed in crude oil.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Mtnlites. You will receive absolutely no judgement from me and I'm sorry you experienced that here. {Hugs}

““She texted me and said she was going to need a friend now more than ever when she got back,” Atkinson said. “

This comment is haunting. Boy was she right. And her friend delivered in such a way that imo, drastically changed the course of in the investigation. Again, as mentioned, the cover up that she likely derailed..

Shanann's friend said she knew Chris Watts 'had something to do' with family's murders

Great link, thanks margarita.

Nicoles' phrase " several weeks before her death" is intriguing. I wonder when SW told her that she & CW were having problems and when SW first detected this change or coldness in CW.

I hope this is not the point at which CW is planning how to eliminate his family.
Of course it could just be the start of his affair with co-worker OR a point at which he came to a decision that he wanted to leave.

If it was the latter, it's interesting that instead he chooses to spring that decision on her at 4am/5am after a long, tiring trip where she isn't even feeling well ( An I guess she text him about that when she was away.)

Not that I buy his version(s) anyway. I don't think he had any discussion with her about separation that morning.

One of the the things touched my heart was Shanann's dad saying, "Baby, we have you now." Natural for a parent to want their child's remains to be with them and among loved ones, not lying in a shallow grave for animals to dig up. What he (CW) did was so unnatural and inhumane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419