CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe CW has given the prosecution a huge gift. The facts of this case are so horrible, if he doesn’t take the stand the jury will convict on all counts, just like Scott Peterson. The Peterson jury said, after the trial, that they wanted to hear from Scott and convicted because he didn’t testify. If CW does testify the prosecution will destroy him. One of the reasons Jeffery MacDonald was convicted was because he was arrogant and combative on the stand. I recommend reviewing the MacDonald case, the similarities are eerie.

Hmm. That likely would've been mentioned in his appeal as it would be grounds to overturn his conviction. And I remember one juror saying specifically they didn't want to hear from him. They heard enough.

"For me, a big part of it was at the end — the verdict — no emotion. No anything. That spoke a thousand words — loud and clear," Nice said, responding to a reporter's question about whether they wanted to hear a statement from Peterson. "I heard enough from him."
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...eterson-faces-death-jurors-speak-out.amp.html

Copied and Pasted from Post, 194 from previous thread:
"....@Kitagrl
Plus, if SW had just found out he was gay or bi, it would explain the six weeks to NC even better, so she could process things and figure out her next steps with her children. I realize she made a video saying that she was just going to spend time with family, but obviously she is not going to be publicizing personal problems, and probably wanted to avoid answering questions.

Not saying it happened, just speculation:"

I agree with your speculation.
Perhaps SW found out CW had affairs (male/female).
This could explain the 6 weeks to NC.
After consulting with family, she may have decided to initiate a divorce.
CW then goes on his 'killing spree'.

SW posted about her excitement to get home from AZ, specifically mentioning her excitement "to see CW" and the kids.

Just trying to clear up a few things in my head.....

When the police was at the house that first day doing the welfare check and asked for the key code. Did CW go into the house through the garage with his opener? Because I thought his truck was parked down the road. Maybe I have something mixed up in my head. Or did he park down the road the next day when they were actually doing the searches of the home?

I wonder if CW deleted his MeetMe profile and if so when did he delete it? I would be curious if his profile is still active but I am not going to check that MeetMe app or website or whatever it is LOL.
I tried. I couldn't find anything but I'm not sure if I was searching correctly. Anyway, I kind of assumed he deleted it around the same time he deleted his FB.

Hmm. That likely would've been mentioned in his appeal as it would be grounds to overturn his conviction. And I remember one juror saying specifically they didn't want to hear from him. They heard enough.

"For me, a big part of it was at the end — the verdict — no emotion. No anything. That spoke a thousand words — loud and clear," Nice said, responding to a reporter's question about whether they wanted to hear a statement from Peterson. "I heard enough from him."
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...eterson-faces-death-jurors-speak-out.amp.html
Where I live juror are anonymous and you could be charged with contempt of court for speaking to the press about the deliberations and you can be charged with the same for identifying a juror.

We can't assume she would've told her friend if she had confirmed his infidelity. I am very open, but I would NOT tell my best friend.

She also could've discovered evidence when she got home.

Just my opinion based on fact that she got home so late (2 am) and was probably just exhausted. Also based on the interviews with Nicole Atkinson who first learned of a marital separation from CW. I don't believe any of the interviews with NA mentioned SW having any plans to leave CW.
Shanann Watts 'Didn't Want to Believe' Husband Chris Was Cheating: Friend
The last friend to see Shanann Watts alive says the pregnant Colorado mom “didn’t want to believe” her husband Chris was having an affair.

“There was speculation [about an affair], but she didn’t want to believe that either,” Nicole Atkinson said in an interview with ABC’s Nightline.

Actually more than one juror said that they (the jury) wanted to hear from Scott and no, I don't think that would be grounds for an appeal. It was said after the trial was over.

I’d never heard of “meetme”... just checked it out and saw that (as with many other apps) initial signup is accomplished by either giving an email address or by linking to Facebook.

Is it possible CW signed up through FB and something happened - he was worried he’d been found out, etc - and that’s why he suddenly deleted his FB profile?

The defense will get all evidence eventually. It wouldn't take te defense off the table but depending on what they have it could make CW more likely to plea.

There's always some kind of defense though.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

The Weld County Coroner's Office conducted autopsies of all three victims on Aug. 17, but they will not release any information on the results, county coroner Carl Blesch said in an email, including the causes and times of their deaths, due to the ongoing investigation. It's possible autopsy results won't be released to the public until after the criminal case against Christopher Watts has concluded.
What's next for the Colorado murder case against Christopher Watts?

I’d never heard of “meetme”... just checked it out and saw that (as with many other apps) initial signup is accomplished by either giving an email address or by linking to Facebook.

Is it possible CW signed up through FB and something happened - he was worried he’d been found out, etc - and that’s why he suddenly deleted his FB profile?
Maybe but he was on the Meetme site a long time ago so wouldn't he have deleted his FB page sooner then the week before the murders?

Actually more than one juror said that they (the jury) wanted to hear from Scott and no, I don't think that would be grounds for an appeal. It was said after the trial was over.

Even if it was after the trial was over, it could be grounds for an appeal. One of our basic rights during trial, is NOT being judged by the jury, for not wanting to testify. The judges tell the jurors not to make any judgements about a defendant not taking the stand and not to let it affect their verdicts in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod