CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed this explaination and found it very helpful, thank you!
Sorry, I meant to quote Bill Carson’s post....still learning to navigate this site! Lol
I understand that in our desire to make sense of the annihilation of a family, we search for triggers, possible stressors, etc and it can begin to sound like victim bashing.
But in this case, I believe that the primary motive was less about SW and the kids, their way of life, (right or wrong) was more about CW just wanting out. Wanting something new and different.
Wanting out completely....as one commentator said...he wanted a “do over”.

"Over the years, Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" has remained a protest anthem and a celebration of music." It was a poem by Schiller, Beethoven put it in his 9th Symphony, IIRC. The music. (Wikipedia) I'd like to think it was a protest anthem in this case.

( Qmfr:
If I haaaaaad to pick, at this time, imo I’m leaning more towards snapped then premeditation.

But this doesn’t mean I don’t think he hadn't thought about it before.

Gah, typo, clarifying I meant I am leaning more towards snapped “than” premeditation, not “then”.)

There’s an article on FAs from way back which refers to the aspect of “snapped”. Going back to look for it.

The letter from PopPop was my undoing. & Calling Bella "Silver Bells". I had a connect issue and missed what he said to Celeste . He'll always watch over_____?
And Shannan will always be his little girl.

May God send his own to comfort this grieving family. I cannot begin to imagine their grief.

The letter from PopPop was my undoing. & Calling Bella "Silver Bells". I had a connect issue and missed what he said to Celeste . He'll always watch over_____?

May God send his own to comfort this grieving family. I cannot begin to imagine their grief.
Her truck.

Just seeing this old post from bestill, interesting:

“bestill
Wondering about the history on the neighbors camera and how long it will retain the history? May be some interesting comings and goings the weeks that Shanann and the girls were away.“

(O/T, all these years I’ve read bestill as one word, like a name like “Estelle” but with a b. Duh, it’s “be still”, wow.)

There was an episode this summer on 48 Hours NCIS. It was about a murder on a fuel ship during the Vietnam war. The body had been placed in an oil tank. The theory was it was dissolved and washed out to sea. I thought it was interesting in relation to this case. Also, I wonder if CW watched and got ideas from this show. I'm really feeling that CW felt the bodies would dissolve and never be found. IMO, he chose the oil tanks for that purpose only. Why else choose your own workplace for the disposal? I think he hit a snag when it came to Shannon and hastily and temporarily buried her in a shallow grave. she was too heavy or too big for the hatch. Or the tanks too full.

Anyways, below is a link to the episode and transcript with a snip. Btw my husband was assigned to this ship two weeks after the murder.

NCIS agents vow to solve "unsolvable" cold case and restore a sailor's honor

Jim Grebas: So the investigation begins again. …We have to go back out to the USS Taluga. We have to go down into that tank, do a crime scene on it.

Pete Hughes: What was key to us is we gotta be able to demonstrate to anybody and everybody, if he dumps that body -- in the oil tanks, where'd the body go?

And NCIS' forensic team had the answer.

Jim Grebas: Experts were able to explain the oil is so caustic, seawater, microorganisms, it'd simply -- just eat into the clothing, flesh.

Megan Rose: ...The corrosive effect would've essentially disintegrated Muns' body and it would have been flushed out to sea.

Pete Hughes: It was evidence that there was no evidence. …That was key, because what they were gonna say is, " show us the body." …And, by George, we did it.

Jumping in here.
I think the May video they refer to in this article could be the same I found and saved on FB recently when I was looking for Alexa and LE evidence in bag retrieval.
1. 7:18 marks starts her explaining why they moved to CO, at least in SW FB video. IMO it doesn’t sound like the decision to relocate was based on CW first being offered a job there. Unless I’m misinterpreting. In fairness the realtor does say, she believes as to why they moved, not spoken as fact in this article.
... she believes the couple moved because Chris got a job out West. “I think she wanted to get married and move to Colorado with him,” Biggers recalled.

2. Same article, same video but I lost the minute mark.....
“Colorado makes me feel like it’s drama-free life because Colorado is just amazing. Absolutely amazing. That’s how I feel. I feel at peace here in Colorado,” she said.
See, now this makes me think that perhaps there was some drama in NC. An earlier affair? His family? Or am I reading too much into this portion of the article as quoted from SW video.
RE: #2, I think it was drama free because they were very far away from HIS family.

I wonder if he put the babies in the oil tanks with the idea of blaming the person he was involved with (I can't remember the right acronym to use for that). If it IS a co-worker, that may have been his initial thought. Blame the co-worker, jilted lover who was angry over the new baby.

Are we 100% certain the babies were strangled? Could they have been drugged? To be honest, I hope this was the case. I hope they just drifted off the sleep. I also hope SW never saw her children dead. I do think they were gone before she ever got home.

He also said he strangled SW in one of the babies bedrooms. So I still wonder why the fitted sheet would have been the one he used to wrap her up. Not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things but hopefully the lack of physical evidence of a struggle in the babies room where he claimed to have strangled SW will shoot more holes in his ridiculous account of what happened. I do think she was strangled in her own bed.

I’m still wondering why the pillow case was in the trash can.

I believe it said he'd look after her truck.

I think your question was already answered, but just adding that her name was on the mortgage so if any she did have money to invest, that would be how it was allowed.
Does anyone remember why her name wouldn’t have been on the original deed? I can’t remember. I guess it may not matter, except for adding to “motive” maybe.

They put very little $ down on the CO house. In fact, they had to use a FHA loan to purchase the house. She was a previous homeowner in NC. In order to get the FHA loan, they used CW alone & added her later.

My husband worked for an oil company for 35 years. I asked him this morning about the girls being disposed of in an oil tank. This was his job. He gauged tanks, and serviced tanks, kept records etc. He said the girls eventually would have been found. The tanks after the oil has been sold, would have been cleaned. After the oil is drained, the thief hatch is removed and a person in a full hazmat suit goes down into the tank and cleans the tank. He said however if the wells were inactive, it might have been a while before this happened. He said he doesn't understand why oil would have still been in the tank if inactive. He also said it depends on who was the operator of the lease. If it is a small independent oil company, they might leave the oil in the tank. But this is not normal. He also said eventually the body would have decomposed. It might have taken longer than normal though.

I just don't see the evidence we know of so far pointing to CW "snapping" as opposed to "planning" other than all the mistakes he made. But even his mistakes could be explained because he was foiled by SW's late flight and the actions of her friend Nicole.

We have one person so far, an employee at her mom's salon who said SW and CW were planning to separate. SW did mention her suspicions about CW cheating to a couple of her friends but at the same time she was also dismissive, saying he had "no game". Her best friend Nichole who was with her in Arizona and the last person to see her alive even said SW "didn't want to believe" he was cheating. Why at 2 am would a completely exhausted SW launch into CW about his gay affairs and threaten to broadcast them to everyone if she hadn't even mentioned it to her best friend she spent the previous couple days with?

If CW murdered his family because he was so enraged, why didn't the neighbors hear any screaming? Why did he choose such a slow and painful method of killing for all of them, which also just so happened would prevent the victims from screaming and wouldn't leave a bloody mess behind? How was he able to remain mostly calm, cool and collected afterward if it happened spur of the moment? Why did he hide their bodies in the manner he did if it was unplanned, especially the callous way he put his precious daughters into oil tanks?

Maybe he didn't delete all his texts and browser history beforehand, but he had time to after he murdered them and he still didn't. He could have selectively deleted and didn't know they could still be recovered. And I think we can all safely assume that he didn't search "how to plan the perfect murder", thankfully.

There was an episode this summer on 48 Hours NCIS. It was about a murder on a fuel ship during the Vietnam war. The body had been placed in an oil tank. The theory was it was dissolved and washed out to sea. I thought it was interesting in relation to this case. Also, I wonder if CW watched and got ideas from this show. I'm really feeling that CW felt the bodies would dissolve and never be found. IMO, he chose the oil tanks for that purpose only. Why else choose your own workplace for the disposal? I think he hit a snag when it came to Shannon and hastily and temporarily buried her in a shallow grave. she was too heavy or too big for the hatch. Or the tanks too full.

Anyways, below is a link to the episode and transcript with a snip. Btw my husband was assigned to this ship two weeks after the murder.

NCIS agents vow to solve "unsolvable" cold case and restore a sailor's honor

Jim Grebas: So the investigation begins again. …We have to go back out to the USS Taluga. We have to go down into that tank, do a crime scene on it.

Pete Hughes: What was key to us is we gotta be able to demonstrate to anybody and everybody, if he dumps that body -- in the oil tanks, where'd the body go?

And NCIS' forensic team had the answer.

Jim Grebas: Experts were able to explain the oil is so caustic, seawater, microorganisms, it'd simply -- just eat into the clothing, flesh.

Megan Rose: ...The corrosive effect would've essentially disintegrated Muns' body and it would have been flushed out to sea.

Pete Hughes: It was evidence that there was no evidence. …That was key, because what they were gonna say is, " show us the body." …And, by George, we did it.

This was SO interesting. I wonder if the same decomposition rules apply in this case. And, if they did, did CW know this and was he counting on their little bodies decomposing until there was nothing left.

One thing this victim's sister said was, "What we long for is justice. What we get is the law." So very true.

This is worth a watch because this criminal disposed of his victim in the same way CW did his.

Jumping in here.
I think the May video they refer to in this article could be the same I found and saved on FB recently when I was looking for Alexa and LE evidence in bag retrieval.
1. 7:18 marks starts her explaining why they moved to CO, at least in SW FB video. IMO it doesn’t sound like the decision to relocate was based on CW first being offered a job there. Unless I’m misinterpreting. In fairness the realtor does say, she believes as to why they moved, not spoken as fact in this article.
... she believes the couple moved because Chris got a job out West. “I think she wanted to get married and move to Colorado with him,” Biggers recalled.

2. Same article, same video but I lost the minute mark.....
“Colorado makes me feel like it’s drama-free life because Colorado is just amazing. Absolutely amazing. That’s how I feel. I feel at peace here in Colorado,” she said.
See, now this makes me think that perhaps there was some drama in NC. An earlier affair? His family? Or am I reading too much into this portion of the article as quoted from SW video.

IMO she was anxious to leave behind the “drama” of her previous marriage/divorce & accruing financial issues. Start fresh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member