CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. He talked to his friends about selling the house when he was staying with them just a day after his family disappeared. It is in the interviews that the Thayers gave. No friends have been interviewed that said that they were both thinking of selling the house.
Don’t remember that - only that they had both been talking about selling

Absolutely. And if you think about it, it’s a relatively easy, and clean, way to commit a murder, especially when you have a size and strength advantage. It takes time, but there isn’t much cleanup.
Yes it is. Not much evidence left behind in that regard probably. I always think about the little Routier boys stabbed to death viciously, :( Their mother sits on death row.

Yes it is. Not much evidence left behind in that regard probably. I always think about the little Routier boys stabbed to death viciously, :(
Yup. That sealed her fate. Scott Peterson may very well have strangled Lacy to death, on account of the lack of blood found in the house.

What does he do all day?

Wouldn't he be thinking, how to answer all the questions to come his way?
How to give further indication that his past statements are truthful?
He'll be thinking of adding to his previous statements, with examples in the past: SW was aggressive towards children many times etc.
Also giving examples, when he defended the children from SW.

If the allegations from latest unconfirmed AP are true, it wouldn't be the first time killer had this fantasy. Jo Yeates was killed by her neighbor who strangled her (no SA), and later proven at trial that he frequented prostitutes to simulate strangulation. (This fetish/fantasy was unknown to his significant other). Given the circumstances known to us, I seriously doubt SW murder the result of sex act.

Has anyone yet found any corroboration at all within that R/adar Online article? Cause there didn't seem to be any 12 hours ago.
We're still waiting for some on HLN Mystery Guy.

Wouldn't he be thinking, how to answer all the questions to come his way?
How to give further indication that his past statements are truthful?
He'll be thinking of adding to his previous statements, with examples in the past: SW was aggressive towards children many times etc.
Also giving examples, when he defended the children from SW.
I'm sure he is, and I'm sure that his efforts will be futile.

He can stick to his insane story that Shanann did this, and he will fail miserably.

There is no explaining away the lies, the desecration of his children’s bodies, and the rest of his coverup. He can’t explain away the affairs, or the rest of the horrible truth.

He can continue to spin his web of deceit, and in the end, none of it will matter.

Has anyone yet found any corroboration at all within that R/adar Online article? Cause there didn't seem to be any 12 hours ago.
We're still waiting for some on HLN Mystery Guy.
HLN mystery guy seems to be backed by People Magazine’s reporting, but there has mostly been radio silence in terms of follow up from mainstream sources.

As for this new player, who knows. I don’t trust Radar at all, as they are a tabloid that tends to peddle stories that no one else is winning to go near.

So maybe, maybe not. If it’s even true in the first place.

Hi guys always lurking, think second time posting and reading up on everything I can... Did found an article posted in DM Killer dad Chris Watts 'choked mistress while detailing rape fantasies during sex-fueled affair' | Daily Mail Online. Don't know if this is a reputable enough newspaper and follows up it's sources more carefully? If this is true, it is really alarming and could be where things went from fantasy to reality very quickly. Also I wondered, could anyone remember that the sheet found in the garbage was a "Top Sheet"? Could that have been used for the strangling of SW and that could be the reason why this particular piece of bedding was in the trash instead of found with the rest of the bedding on the floor? MOD please remove the post if not in line.. MOO

Hi guys always lurking, think second time posting and reading up on everything I can... Did found an article posted in DM Killer dad Chris Watts 'choked mistress while detailing rape fantasies during sex-fueled affair' | Daily Mail Online. Don't know if this is a reputable enough newspaper and follows up it's sources more carefully? If this is true, it is really alarming and could be where things went from fantasy to reality very quickly. Also I wondered, could anyone remember that the sheet found in the garbage was a "Top Sheet"? Could that have been used for the strangling of SW and that could be the reason why this particular piece of bedding was in the trash instead of found with the rest of the bedding on the floor? MOD please remove the post if not in line.. MOO
Correct. The top sheet as well as pillowcases were found in the garbage. Another sheet was found at the crime scene. I suppose it’s possible that he used a bedsheet to strangle her, but he could have used his hands as well. I think that he took the other sheet with him, perhaps to cover the bodies during transportation.

As for that article. The Daily Mail cited Radar Online’s report. They didn’t do any independent reporting on their own here. Radar is questionable in terms of overall accuracy so it’s wise to take what they say, with a grain of salt.

Thanks for bringing up the bedsheets, that’s something that has slipped my mind, and it could prove important down the line.

We're still waiting for some on HLN Mystery Guy.[/QUOTE

Last edited:
Whilst it's great to have something new, rather than often having to regurgitate the old thread contents, some concerns about this link:
- she didn't mention that she offered her intell to LE when she found out about his crimes;
- why no Tinder profile, chats from her history or other digital record. They could show those even though she wants her ID hidden;
- he "took her out on dates" initially but again, she might have something to corroborate that;
- coincidence re strangulation..... Hmmm;
- very different account from HLN mystery guy re CW's style.

Were any dates given - can't read the RO original link over here

quoting myself to answer the question. DMail ( regurg of RO & Crime Online link) but MSM ...

This Tinder woman says May & June and again can't help wondering why you'd wait 3 weeks to report this to RO but seemingly not LE when you saw CW splashed over all the news channels and "felt sick" about having sex w him.
Very busy CW to potentially fit her in with co-worker & having just finished up w HLN guy in the spring.

This is only a theory... and ONLY if true. This may give insight to his need for taking control and being in control, something he may feel absent... taking back his masculinity? He may have felt emasculated by the success of his wife and that a tinge of resentment that he now has to babysit while his wife is taking a leading role in with regards to her success to her career and the publications following. Which JIMO would be unbearable to any NPD. Also exhibiting a sub-conscious aggression to attain sexual satisfaction.

This could have led to two scenarios:
1. He tried it with SW and it went too far, or she tried to fight him off, which in the end could have ended disastrously... after which he had no choice to clean house?

2. He got the idea from practicing this with the AP and decided to use it for real, using the sheet instead to try keep forensic evidence to the minimum and gain some distance? I noticed that the request was only for DNA swabs from the kids necks and wondered if this had something to do with it?

Not claiming anything. Really just asking some questions out loud and trying out any scenarios. That sheet in the trash bothers me, why throw something like that away if there was nothing on it / wrong with it?

This is only a theory... and ONLY if true. This may give insight to his need for taking control and being in control, something he may feel absent... taking back his masculinity? He may have felt emasculated by the success of his wife and that a tinge of resentment that he now has to babysit while his wife is taking a leading role in with regards to her success to her career and the publications following. Which JIMO would be unbearable to any NPD. Also exhibiting a sub-conscious aggression to attain sexual satisfaction.

This could have led to two scenarios:
1. He tried it with SW and it went too far, or she tried to fight him off, which in the end could have ended disastrously... after which he had no choice to clean house?

2. He got the idea from practicing this with the AP and decided to use it for real, using the sheet instead to try keep forensic evidence to the minimum and gain some distance? I noticed that the request was only for DNA swabs from the kids necks and wondered if this had something to do with it?

Not claiming anything. Really just asking some questions out loud and trying out any scenarios. That sheet in the trash bothers me, why throw something like that away if there was nothing on it / wrong with it?
It wasn’t just the sheet, but the pillowcases as well. Had he used the sheet, then why the pillowcases?

I don’t think Shanann was making much, if any money, with her MLM business. On the whole, most people don’t turn much of a profit at all. If anything, I think this could have made their financial situation, even more dire.

I think it’s more likely that there was some other motive, or a combination of them, that led to this. I think financial strain, discovery of his affairs, her threatening to divorce him, or him selfishly looking to move on from family life, are more likely motives than a sexual escapade gone awry.

Say it was something sexual concerned with choking, then why not try to save her by calling 911? Why murder the kids? JMO

Edit* I do think that if that choking story from his supposed AP is true, then he may have used this method on his family, simply because he was comfortable with it.

That's also how I understood it to be but have since learned that some of the "Internet" University's and Colleges somehow met loophole (accreditation??). I believe these are some of the same school programs in class action lawsuits. I'm not saying SW/CW education in this category. MOO
Can Student Loans Now Be Discharged In Bankruptcy?
An adversary proceeding can be filed during bankruptcy proceeding . If it is found continuation of paying the student loan back will charge adverse effects then it may be discharged

NU prompts welfare check 8/13.
SW reported missing, CW gives interviews 8/14
CW arrested 8/15

According to affadavit, police confirmed CW was "actively involved in an affair with a coworker" after a "two day investigation."

What piqued their interest in investigating him during those 2 days, prompted by performing a welfare check? This seems very unusual. Was it something on SW phone (collected 8/13)? Did CW spend the evening of 8/14 with his AP, unaware he was being watched?

ETA timeline

Thayers claimed he was with them that evening and I believe them.
( So possibly Anadarko tipped LE off about the affair w a co-worker & that prompted their questioning, which he denied initially. )
Also although he didn't surrender his cell to LE on 13th& 14th they could possibly have put a wire-tap on that number. (7am on 14th Baumhover initiates a press release & CBI assistance, assume the 2 day investigation into CW starts from then.)

It wasn’t just the sheet, but the pillowcases as well. Had he used the sheet, then why the pillowcases?

I don’t think Shanann was making much, if any money, with her MLM business. On the whole, most people don’t turn much of a profit at all. If anything, I think this could have made their financial situation, even more dire.

I think it’s more likely that there was some other motive, or a combination of them, that led to this. I think financial strain, discovery of his affairs, her threatening to divorce him, or him selfishly looking to move on from family life, are more likely motives than a sexual escapade gone awry.

Say it was something sexual concerned with choking, then why not try to save her by calling 911? Why murder the kids? JMO

Edit* I do think that if that choking story from his supposed AP is true, then he may have used this method on his family, simply because he was comfortable with it.

I think you are absolutely right! There are a combination of issues that led to this, without any doubts.

I also think resentment even hatred and blaming her for his life not going the way he likes it to as well as throwing another responsibility and baby in the mix could have made him feel like he lost control. It is imperative for me to highlight however that I have no way of knowing what he was thinking or even how his thought processes works. But what I've learnt in my Criminology studies are that in some rare cases, men, when they feel they are losing control of their lives, also begins to feel emasculated and then tries to find someone to blame... who better than the wife? They also try desperately to regain this masculinity and power, the ultimate power being having the power over life and death. So resentment builds and what could have started as something that made him feel more manly "choking but not killing" could have escalated easily into the real thing with the person he believes were to blame for his failures (NPD thinking).

After this there are soooo many other things that could have come into play. The kids could have woken up during the struggle, he could have decided that he just couldn't face the kids after this happened and decided to start afresh. Just a theory and all just MOO.

The pillowcases question, a really good one. He may have thought some DNA transfered on them as well from the struggle... man this is really a mystery, and although I love a mystery... my only wish is that one day he will tell everything about it without lying... not holding my breath though ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic