CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is they pay sources , which gain money and noterity ( quite sick if you have that mindset ) for the story . The source , although lying is happy bc they are disturbed indivusls . The media source is happy bc they have a sensational headline to attract viewers , readers , advertisers and are not liable for false reporting by stating “ according to this unnamed source” or “we can not verify these accusations “
But you, like any of us, do not know that she is lying. You can choose to disbelieve her, but others can and will make up their own minds.

I wonder what it was that made them so quickly find her body, though.

My guess, is the first stop investigators did was turn up at his work to verify that he had checked on a job he said he'd done. This turned out to be incorrect so it all started from there ..a CCTV check and interview with staff and management led them to SW who was found first, after presenting this evidence to him he was asked where the girls were, he needed to speak to his father before spilling it all. I'd say he was sacked immediately after admitting his role.

I don't practice criminal law in Colorado, but I would doubt that allocution is mandatory. It probably is up to the discretion of the judge.

Thanks. I appreciate it. Where do you practice, if I'm not being too personal?

So if you’re CW, and the why was financial, sexual, freedom, other drama/issues-related, how are you feeling now? Mad or surprised to be in jail obviously and staring down life or the DP, but hey my family is gone, and so I feel relieved in some warped way? Or are all of the reasons you did this now completely pointless, so you’re contemplating killing yourself at some point? Or are you too much of a coward for that? Or are you taking things day by day? If he can manage to kill himself before a plea deal or trial, maybe in his mind he’s not guilty—at least not found guilty. Who knows what goes through these people’s minds.

I agree 100%. I also wouldn't be surprised if she knows a lot more than she revealed in her early interviews. She spent a lot of time with SW that weekend in AZ, on the plane and the drive home.

I think she knows a lot but didn't announce it publicly maybe because LE told her not to or maybe because she felt it private.

And even if there were to be an allocation, these statements almost always leave the family with just as many questions as answers. He’d be required to admit that he did it, but he would frame himself in the best possible light. He’d almost certainly minimize his responsibility, deflect, and blame Shanann for his crime. We’d likely still be in the same boat.
I'm afraid you're so right! S-i-g-h!

I understand your hatred of him , I just refuse to give attention to self promoting liars that are benefitting from those little girls death as well. It sickens me that news and liars are making money spreading rumors , it also hurts SW’s family . So I refuse to give it any attention unless it is proven and can aid in prosecuting him.
Well said. Bravo!

So if you’re CW, and the why was financial, sexual, freedom, other drama/issues-related, how are you feeling now? Mad or surprised to be in jail obviously and staring down life or the DP, but hey my family is gone, and so I feel relieved in some warped way? Or are all of the reasons you did this now completely pointless, so you’re contemplating killing yourself at some point? Or are you too much of a coward for that? Or are you taking things day by day? If he can manage to kill himself before a plea deal or trial, maybe in his mind he’s not guilty—at least not found guilty. Who knows what goes through these people’s minds.

I wonder if he's thinking "where did I mess up?" Thinking of ways he could have done it different and not gotten caught. I don't know if he feels remorse but I hope he's haunted by the images he saw.

I'm sure he still thinks the jury will buy his "SW strangling" story. The guy is delusional, sloppy and not as smart as he thinks he is. I wonder if his energy has taken a turn for the worse now that he is not using Thrive patches????

Once again; I really don't believe there'll be a plea bargain, but if there is, what is the law in Colorado? Is allocution mandatory? Anyone?
I don't believe allocution is mandatory in Colorado, but a right of the defendant and not an imposition to speak:

The right of allocution gives a defendant the right to be present in court to speak in mitigation of punishment before sentence is pronounced. People v. Emig, 177 Colo. 174, 493 P.2d 368 (1972).

In this case, I believe it will be the opposite, or where the Court will have to limit the number of "victim impact statements" collected by the district attorney (especially if expressing considerable vitriol toward the defendant, and the offenses committed by him, together with statements of opinion about the kind and duration of an appropriate sentence) .

I wonder if he's thinking "where did I mess up?" Thinking of ways he could have done it different and not gotten caught. I don't know if he feels remorse but I hope he's haunted by the images he saw.
I'm certain his only remorse is being caught and that his "Mr Nice Guy" act is demolished. In his mind he likely thinks its all SW's fault and not his own. People like CW blame others for their problems. Edited to add a MOO.

I'm sure he still thinks the jury will buy his "SW strangling" story. The guy is delusional, sloppy and not as smart as he thinks he is. I wonder if his energy has taken a turn for the worse now that he is not using Thrive patches????
He told that story in the first place, because he thought people would believe it. He lied on national tv because he thought that people would believe it. His self awareness is apparently nonexistent.

They may have minds, not like you or I, but I wouldn't call them people. Maybe pond scum.

I understand your hatred of him , I just refuse to give attention to self promoting liars that are benefitting from those little girls death as well. It sickens me that news and liars are making money spreading rumors , it also hurts SW’s family . So I refuse to give it any attention unless it is proven and can aid in prosecuting him.

I agree. While I could care less about him, I feel bad for the families. They're not locked away in a cell; they have to see these stories on the news, in the checkout line, whenever they get online, etc. They're the ones who must deal with the fallout.

Personally, I think that people who lie to insert themselves into a crime to reap financial and other benefits are incredibly low. While I have no doubts that CW was unfaithful, I am taking all the misters and mistresses with a grain of salt.

He told that story in the first place, because he thought people would believe it. He lied on national tv because he thought that people would believe it. His self awareness is apparently nonexistent.

Agreed.

I'm not a lawyer so this may be a dumb question, but what do the defense lawyers do in a situation like this- where their client immediately created a "confession" that makes no sense? B/c now they're stuck with this ridiculous scenario. It seems to me CW has painted them in a corner, no?

I don't see how it will be possible for them to make a defense case out of his claim. Do they look for ways to just try to create some type of reasonable doubt? I just can't imagine what they're going to do to try to prove him innocent of the girls' murders. Maybe at this point they're just trying to get him to do a plea deal?

Thanks. Beautiful state. I used to have family in Aurora that I visited. And I once owned property in Calhan.
Yes, Calhan --the highest non-mountain town in the United States!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member