Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO I think SW was the insecure one, I think she just did a good job at trying to hide it. Control is rarely an issue about the other person, it's usually about not wanting to feel out of control yourself and that is how I see her behaviour towards CW she is trying to make him comply with her ideal of family life rather than be the boss. JMO it seems to be very important to her that her family is seen as perfect and so where the videos sometimes feel unnatural I think it's because she's trying too hard and has put immense pressure on herself to be perfect
I can see it either and both ways perhaps. Two insecure people don't often a secure couple make.

Thank you for posting this Trinket. I can feel your pain and shock and I *HOPE* nobody jumps on you for sharing your insight. I must admit that after watching the videos again I pick up on his "fear/anxiety" vibe as well.
I did, too. Having a mic shoved in your face and being questioned by reporters would cause anyone anxiety.

I assume the only cameras CR was used to was when he was "performing" on his wife's work videos. He was following her every direction on those videos not wanting to upset her because the videos were for her business. JMO

Huh? Preserve their reputation by submerging their baby girls in toxic crude oil, and burying his wife at a remote oil pad? I respect that many will choose not to believe the police, and the filing of multiple murder charges against CW but I'm flabbergasted by our explanation.

As in "I didn't want the world to know my wife killed our babies, so I disappeared the bodies so I could pretend they'd ran away and nobody would know and her reputation as a good mother would remain unsullied."

AB 9/12/18 Jean Casarez substituting for AB
1. There may be evidence proving it was premeditated.
2. New documents from court- Defense is claiming there are leaks coming from Prosecutors Office, want an investigation. Examples: 100’s of hairs, talking about it being premeditated. The prosecutors response was that the leaks are not coming from Prosecutors Office, they may be coming from Police, and then prosecutors asked who is supposed to do this investigation? Who is going to pay for it?
3. Saying it was premeditated is a vague statement because it’s not backed up with any evidence.
4. Police and DA must know things we don’t know.
5. CW was charged w/ 1st Degree murder. They must have overwhelming evidence.
6. CW went about this Crime in a methodical manner. Prosecutors will say he premedited and was methodical.
7. CW said, “Front door was locked. The garage door was unlocked, but that’s normal for when she comes into the house, she leaves it unlocked...but the back sliding door was locked as well.” And then, “”I don’t want to put anything out there, like suspecting if somebody pulled her in the back because we have a driveway back there from the new town homes, but it’s so hard to tell. There’s no cameras in the backyard or anything like that, so. It’s really hard to even suspect anything right now as far as how she could have left or if someone came and picked her up or if someone took her.” Sounds like CWs trying to paint an abduction, but then he admitted to committing the crime. Everything comes back to him. There’s no one else.
10. CW, “I hope she’s safe.....I want them back now.” Two separate things to look at...commission of crime and action taken to cover it up. This does not pose to the question of first degree or second degree murder as he is claiming. Coverup possibly disproves 1st degree. He doesn’t have practiced answers, if this was premeditated he would have done something with her personal effects, purse, wallet, etc.. The way the bodies were disposed of and disposing the bodies at his job shows there wasn’t a great deal of planning.
10. Everything that CW says he’s painting himself into a corner. He’s not that bright. Dumb people premeditate all the time.
11. All of CW’s interviews can be played for the jury and it shows that somebody isn’t telling the truth.
12. Judge ordered all new filings and Court documents are to be suppressed.
12. What are the challenges for defense? How hard to defend? Guest, Kirk Nurmi, Jodi Arias’s Attorney says, “It’s like having hand grenade thrown in your lap, trying to get a sense of what’s going on. Try to diffuse as best you can, if you’re assigned case as public defender, you pretty much have to do it.”
13. How hard is it to defend a high profile case when Public is against defendant? “Sympathy with victim is understood. Everybody gets 6th Amendment Rights. They detach and proceed.
14. The defense attorneys are probably hoping for a plea, but CW will determine the direction his defense will go. LE probably have hours of interrogation tape of him.
15. Defense will try to take it down to lesser charges. Avoid death penalty.
16. Kirk Nurmi got cancer 4 months after trial, blames it on the stress of the trial.
17. Kirk Nurmi advice to CW Defense Attorneys - “focus on trial in courtroom, not in the court of public opinion. Focus on your serenity. The stress of the trial can kill you.

Viewers questions
1. If SW really did kill the children, does CW get away with killing her? Justified homicide? It would not get him off. Wasn’t self defense or protecting children. May take him down from 1st degree to 2nd degree. Premeditation can be formed in an instant.
Guest Medical examiner says “whoever strangled children will have left fingerprints, evidence, finger impressions, markings, or finger damage on neck. They can size them, generally, according to the size of the injury, and include or eliminate some people from the list of suspects.
Crude oil probably removed loose hairs from the bodies, but father lived with children, so it would be expected his hairs would be on him.”
2. Is it too late for CW to claim insanity? It’s very important to get a psychological assessment of defendant as soon as possible. Do CWs interviews make insanity a tough climb? He seems like he know right from wrong. But were talking about two levels of time, during crime and after crime.
3. Has the question arose about CW taking lie detector test? Lie detectors are not absolute. Not reliable.
4. Were authorities able to explore Alexa recordings at Watts home? If there’s anything there, the prosecutors will try to use it. It’s new technology but it would probably make it through.
5. Who was CW on phone with when he gave interview? Don’t know, but they think somebody important.

The logic they are employing is that the kids were sick so often that SW must have been responsible.

From there, they conclude that she had a pattern of harming the kids, so C.W.’s scenario of Shanann strangling them, is supported by her previous behavior of hurting her children.

It’s one giant leap, and IMO, an unbelievable scenario.
Definitely not victim-friendly, either

As in "I didn't want the world to know my wife killed our babies, so I disappeared the bodies so I could pretend they'd ran away and nobody would know and her reputation as a good mother would remain unsullied."
While I don't think his story is true, I do have a better understanding (I think) of why he came up with that story.

justmyopinion

Hi all! I'm newly registered, and have been following the threads for weeks trying to catch up, and I'm (almost) caught up. This is truly a tragic story of heartbreak and loss. My heart goes out to the victims, family, friends, and all others affected by this terrible tragedy.

I figured I'd jump in with a first post, in response to the necklace, and whether or not it has any significance. I haven't reviewed any SM in connection to this case, however I do recall seeing the photo showing CW wearing the necklace in question (posted here by a member, from SW's FB iirc). We also know that SW and CW were together on a trip to Punta Cana, DR. Without knowing if he has worn the necklace previous to this trip, IMO, it looks very similar to necklaces I've seen sold by a vendor at a resort I stayed at in Punta Cana. After googling "punta cana tiki necklace" under Google Images, IMO, it looks similar to the necklace he is wearing. So perhaps it is from that trip. JMO.

I'm grateful to WS for providing a safe forum to discuss, and look forward to joining in with you all in the search for the truth.

Welcome to WS @rainynights
flower-smiley.gif

Yes when I first heard of them
Missing that was my thought. I thought she took the kids to punish him. That was my thought. I could write a book about the second question.
And harming the children would be a form of punishment on the other parent. JMO

Ok. I am not tying to change this thread. I am only offering an opinion different from the masses. I respect everyone’s opinion on here. I’m just telling MY truth. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. One day, hopefully,we will
Have the truth and forensics will tell us what happened. I’m ok if it tells me different then what I believe. I hope everyone had a great night!

I think I missed the first part of this discussion—been busy with life—so I’m not sure what treatments we are talking about here.

Anything is possible, I suppose, but I’m definitely not convinced any of SW’s illnesses or treatments, nor those of the girls, were faked or exaggerated. In fact, based on what I’ve seen of SW’s SM, I’d expect her to minimize it.

There were several posters that said doctors would not do unwarranted
I think I missed the first part of this discussion—been busy with life—so I’m not sure what treatments we are talking about here.

Anything is possible, I suppose, but I’m definitely not convinced any of SW’s illnesses or treatments, nor those of the girls, were faked or exaggerated. In fact, based on what I’ve seen of SW’s SM, I’d expect her to minimize it.

I was responding to posters saying that doctors would not do unwarranted severe treatments not that the children did not have illnesses.

I gave the examples of Kate Parker and Gypsy Rose Blanchard. Kate somehow convinced doctors to do incredibly invasive unnecessary surgeries on her kids. And Gypsy Rose had horrifying unneeded things done to her.

If that’s the case why even hide the bodies? Why not just call 911 after he kills her and explain story. That’s where I can’t get over it. Even if he was in a panic and his story was true, doesn’t make sense to do all these things to cover it up.
That's exactly the point I was trying to make in my previous post. It's one thing to lose control. But he had plenty of time to think about things after he killed her. If she had really killed the children, after a period of time he is going to come down from his escalated emotions. No way do I think he would immediately run around trying to hide the bodies while still in this state. He might have felt justified in the killing, as he was avenging his children. He would think it through carefully before his next move. And part of that thinking process would include rationalizing what he had done. He was so upset to see his children dead, and infuriated by the person who took them away. Maybe people will understand. ( his thinking) He must have thought his family would support him. So why not just call the police? Instead he goes through all the trouble of getting rid of the bodies and hoping he doesnt get caught. I can only imagine him thinking of that in one case; if he had killed all three. Jmo

Ok. I am not tying to change this thread. I am only offering an opinion different from the masses. I respect everyone’s opinion on here. I’m just telling MY truth. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. One day, hopefully,we will
Have the truth and forensics will tell us what happened. I’m ok if it tells me different then what I believe. I hope everyone had a great night!
Thanks, you too. I think forensics is going to show premeditation on the part of CW, but that is just my own opinion. The facts will come out and we'll be going on more than our own hunches and insights. Thanks for participating and I now we all want justice to be served.

They do not have to worry about contamination from other’s food? Are there levels of severity?
We have severe wheat intolerances in our family, we use separate pots and pans from our extended family when visiting them (we bring our own). Our whole house avoids eating wheat at home, except for DH who sometimes keeps his own loaf of bread, or snacks, away from everything else, on top of the refrigerator. (He wouldn't use our cutting board for his bread or use a knife on the bread and dip it back into a container etc.)

They do not have to worry about contamination from other’s food? Are there levels of severity?
I have two friends with diagnosed Celiac. One has to keep things separate just like you say- toaster, knives, etc. She even asks that other people at the table at a restaurant not order bread, etc. The other person I know with Celiac doesn't do this. That one just is very careful to not eat anything with gluten (unless she wants to be in the bathroom for the rest of the evening!). So yes, I believe there are varying degrees.

(see... I knew I'd be back here at the board soon!)

Thanks for being here with us.
thank-you-smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members