Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, just breaking down to the basics here...

Strangling is a fairly unique way to murder someone. It takes the perp getting up close and personal with the victim. Not only that, contact must be maintained for a fairly lengthy amount of time (1 minute+ at minimum). You can shoot someone from a distance, stab someone several times in secession (or even only once) in a matter of seconds, quickly hit them in the head with something hard, etc. But to actually strangle someone, you must touch them, feel them, and perhaps even look them in the eye. In fact, unless the right pressure is put on the carotid artery, strangling doesn't even always cause immediate death-sometimes the victim can die days or even weeks later due to things like acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and the risk of blood clots traveling to the brain (embolization). It's a deeply personal way of killing someone.

Strangling isn't uncommon, but IMO it's not something that someone can necessarily blame on accidental death. You could possibly shoot someone by accident, I can even see stabbing if you're both struggling with a knife, but to choke someone to death you literally have to touch the person for several minutes.

So in this one, single night CW is saying that not only did SW strangle her two daughters to death but that he then turned around and strangled HER to death. Two killers with the exact same MO in the same family in the same night. That he pulled her off of her daughter and, in his struggle with her, just happened to kill her in the same manner in which she killed the girls. He didn't hit her in the head with a nearby lamp, didn't put a pillow over her face, didn't knock her unconscious-he did the same thing to her that she did to the girls?

And here's a question...He supposedly only saw her "actively" trying to kill one daughter. Supposedly, the other one was already dead. How did he know that she killed her the same way she was actively trying to kill the other? If he didn't see it happen, how did he know that both girls were strangled?

When my husband and I recorded our podcast last week and I went over the affidavit with him and he chuckled in an ironic manner. "THIS is the best story the guy could come up with? It doesn't even make sense to me."

Nor to me.

Regarding the garage door, I just remembered the keypad opens the overhead garage door. That's what CW said was broken. No doubt if they had been able to open the garage door they would have been able to get in through the interior garage door as I think they left that one unlocked. CW opened the garage with garage door opener when he got home.
IMO, CW did not want anybody to enter his home on that fateful Monday. Disabling the garage door keypad is very easy and simply requires removing the battery located on bottom of keypad. (Dad was quick to remove the keypad battery whenever we left on holiday after discovering his know it all teens gave the code out to friends). Resetting the code (if required), is not difficult but can be inconvenient if moving cars out of the garage necessary to pair signal. I don't believe the keypad was "broken" but intentionally disabled.

Many places around me you would get huge citations from the HOA for hanging laundry, I've seen places that don't allow grills, also. Also, some have rules about what kind of holiday decorations. They can get very picky!

This is horrid.:(:(
Is this like a 'Body Corporate' thing: that the homes under this, must look similar, you cannot change colours of exterior without permission etc.?
Glad I don't live there, as doing as I please here.

IMO, CW did not want anybody to enter his home on that fateful Monday. Disabling the garage door keypad is very easy and simply requires removing the battery located on bottom of keypad. (Dad was quick to remove the keypad battery whenever we left on holiday after discovering his know it all teens gave the code out to friends). Resetting the code (if required), is not difficult but can be inconvenient if moving cars out of the garage necessary to pair signal. I don't believe the keypad was "broken" but intentionally disabled.
Agreed. That chain on the door, likely wasn’t an accident either.

^^^^CW does not come off as the sharpest tool in the box to me. He lacks the intelligence of McDonald, and doesn't have the charisma of Scott Peterson. He is pretty lame as family annihilators go.

This is horrid.:(:(
Is this like a 'Body Corporate' thing: that the homes under this, must look similar, you cannot change colours of exterior without permission etc.?
Glad I don't live there, as doing as I please here.

This is true. Paint colors have to be approved, decorations can get you in trouble, etc.

My MIL not only lives in one, but runs their local HOA. Nuff said, there.

Respectfully, he is being portrayed in the light of who he has shown himself to be, rather than interpretations of SM posts portraying a loving and supportive mother, wife, friend and entrepreneur providing for her family.

He, by his own admission has portrayed himself to be a murdering, cheating liar. He has portrayed himself to be a "man" capable of strangling Shanann to death and killing his unborn son in the process. Instead of calling 911 or attempting to save his babies, one of whom he claims was being actively strangled.

He has portrayed himself to be a "man" capable of loading his dead family into his truck and dumping CeCe and Bella one by one into separate oil tanks. And dumping Shanann and Nico into a shallow grave and shoveling dirt over them.

He has portrayed himself as a "man" who after doing all of this, minimally, can stand in front of a camera with a grin showing off his shirt.

He's shown me who he is, and I believe him.
MOO

I agree, I was referring to the portrayal of bossy wife/downtrodden husband, my own personal opinion is he's guilty as hell

It's also possible that CW opted to say the keypad didn't work, instead of providing the code to the officer. He really didn't do much staging at that point. IMO

^^^^CW does not come off as the sharpest tool in the box to me. He lacks the intelligence of McDonald, and doesn't have the charisma of Scott Peterson. He is pretty lame as family annihilators go.

He’s a total failure. Barely a day of freedom. If he thought SW was bossy, you have to wonder what he thinks of the prison guards.

This is true. Paint colors have to be approved, decorations can get you in trouble, etc.

O.t

Certain non HOA neighborhoods in city limits will also prohibit alot of things.

For example. You cant just buy an abandoned house and knock it down and put a new manufactured home on the lot.

You have to either use certain plans that conform with other houses in the neighborhood. Or you must have the blueprints agreed upon with the city before construction.

I agree. There are potential jurors who could emphasize with CW to a point. Until he kills a pregnant woman, and dumps bodies of children into oil drums.

Could the defense go with temporary insanity? He went crazy after his wife killed the kids, in a fugue state he diposed of the bodies, disassociated himself, and then, wondered where they went? Nope. That won't work.

He is not getting off on this. Too much evidence.

My post was in relation to victim blaming outside of the courtroom, I don't in any way think a jury will give him anything but the justice he deserves, hopefully the death penalty

That^^^ is the point. The State does not want to use jurors that live under rocks. Those are the types of jurors who cannot connect the dots, cannot use critical thinking skills, and figure out theories.

People who live under rocks, do not listen to the news, read papers, talk about what's going on in their communities. So they are often ambivalent, not real curious and kind of self absorbed. They live in their own little bubble and do not always understand others, or communicate very well.

That^^^^ is the type of jury the state is trying to avoid.
I was gonna reply essentially the same -- that's just the kind of jury the defense needs. This case, as most others, needs some sophisticated (for lack of a better word) and critical thinking; those who can understand what "reasonable doubt" truly means; the ability to understand the ME's testimony -- jurors do not need a MD degree or anything close, but they do need to truly listen without getting so "grossed-out" that they tune out; and not to base their opinions on how nice this poor young man looks. I think it will be tough selecting a jury.

My husband says he could never live in a place where he couldn't urinate in the front yard or paint the house neon green if he wanted. He's classy, my guy.

On topic: It seems like the HOA lawsuit is the one main example that is brought up to prove that they were having financial problems. My mom went for a year without paying her fees, though, because the HOA wasn't providing a service they were meant to provide. They sued her and lost. I am going to court myself for a medical bill I am being sued for. It's $1100. I can pay it, but I shouldn't have to. (I'll spare you the details.) So, yeah. There are definitely other reasons besides lack of money that they may have been fighting this.

Yes, we can relate to SW because of our own lives, but nothing in the people's lives who are defending him and blaming her could possibly have any life experience of fathers dropping their children in crude oil.

Again, I was referring to the bossy wife/downtrodden husband portrayal which led to the victim blaming described in the original post I commented on. I wouldn't in any way think people could relate to anything to do with the murders

I agree, I was referring to the portrayal of bossy wife/downtrodden husband, my own personal opinion is he's guilty as hell

I understand. I guess my point was that at least CW is being portrayed negatively based on the facts that he has provided.

Rather than Shanann, whose negative portrayal seems based on wild speculation and interpretation of SM posts.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member