Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall, it was said it may have been a year before they were checked, or serviced, or whatever they do. So they may have gone undiscovered for a long time. And since he would have done the maintenance on it, it would have been under his control. I remember reading that but I dont know what the source was or if its accurate.

This touches on something I was wondering about. If there were sensors that might have been tripped in some way by adding a body to the tank, would CW be the person sent out to investigate what set it off?

If so, would that put him in a position to “check” and perhaps report the sensor was faulty. No one would think twice about it after that.

Are you saying that Wesley Williams PHD, Professor, Petroleum Engineering, Louisiana State University is not an "expert"? If you are, please provide a link which states otherwise.

He is an expert. But we have had people on here who have husbands who do that kind of work that say there are different size ones.

Does he know the exact tank?

lol - the red mark on his neck did look like a hickey.

Yes I initially believed that myself...but upon examining it zoomed in....it does appear to be slightly raised, welt-like, red and in a check or tick formation....

Reminds me of a scratch or scrape from an acrylic nail..they don't scratch like a cats claw...its more of a blunt scrape IMO....

I wonder if it's from SW possibly taking a swipe in her self defence.

MOO

Wesley Williams PHD, Professor, Petroleum Engineering, Louisiana State University said in the interview:

“Yes. So, yes, these are very standard designs. So looking at the tanks, this is the old design standard. So it has the 8-inch port on top which is really just to take a measurement of the tank level".

Williams says they’re standard design tanks, API 12 f tanks. He attended the actual site.

CNN.com - Transcripts

I do not see that he went to the site. There is a bit of confusion as to him being there because there is a reference about him standing next to a tank. I am not sure that it means THE tank . It may mean A tank.

Thank you so much for posting this! He is a bit long winded, but I think his future podcasts might be valuable since he is apparently a CO criminal defense attorney. I hope you will find time to post future ones! Thanks again.

I found this interesting because I just learned something new. He described the podcast as a “voir dire”, a French term meaning to “speak the truth”. I did a quick check on wiki which stated that in the US it’s a process by which attorneys select, or perhaps more appropriately reject, certain jurors to hear a case.

In Oz it has a totally different meaning. It’s basically a trial within a trial where the jury is asked to leave the court while counsel argue the admissibility of evidence. Once the judge makes his decision, the jury returns and the trial resumes.

Our lawyers may find that interesting ... or not, but I’m sure the rest of you will wish you'd scrolled and rolled. Sorry.

Yes I initially believed that myself...but upon examining it zoomed in....it does appear to be slightly raised, welt-like, red and in a check or tick formation....

Reminds me of a scratch or scrape from an acrylic nail..they don't scratch like a cats claw...its more of a blunt scrape IMO....

I wonder if it's from SW possibly taking a swipe in her self defence.

MOO

How about a possible mosquito bite?

"However, there are a few exceptions to this rule. If you would prefer to use an attorney from your home state with whom you have worked before in a different state, find out if that state will grant your attorney a limited law license. States will grant this request in some situations, usually for public defenders or legal aid services. The attorney must have a license to practice law in another state for this option. Some states also allow an in-house counsel exception, in which a corporation hires an out-of-state attorney to represent them as in-house counsel.

In some cases, the state will allow an attorney from out of state to represent a client “for this one case,” or “pro hac vice.” The attorney must petition the court to represent the client and must have a license in another state. It is up to the court’s discretion whether to grant the petition, grant it with conditions, or deny the petition. A condition may be that the attorney must work with in-state counsel, for example."

Can I Hire an Attorney Outside The State Where The Accident Happened?

It seems like the cost would go sky high having two attorneys. An attorney charges for every phone call so everytime this other attorney in state was consulted, ca ching

He is an expert. But we have had people on here who have husbands who do that kind of work that say there are different size ones.

Does he know the exact tank?

Yep, I know we have people here ... katydid23, Marli6 1 and Silver-Bell to name some, and I've read all their posts. Yes, he knows the exact site and visited it.

I do not see that he went to the site. There is a bit of confusion as to him being there because there is a reference about him standing next to a tank. I am not sure that it means THE tank . It may mean A tank.

It's my understanding that while he did visit THE site, this was not one of THE tanks where the babies were "dumped".

It's my understanding that while he did visit THE site, this was not one of THE tanks where the babies were "dumped".

Did he visit the site? I cannot figure that out from the transcript.

I read on here that there are different designs for tanks. Some have spiral staircases. Some with ladders.

There is the Chris Watts video of walking up stairs but that is simply someone’s dramatization.

I cannot have my mind go to the 8 inch hole. But people on here tested the idea and it can be done

I am curious why they moved to Colorado.

He wanted to be a NASCAR mechanic. What happened to that dream?

The house she owned in NC was far superior to the Colorado house. She did not have enough time to have much equity so selling it was not much of a winner.

He went for a job fixing cars at a dealership. No jobs like that where they lived so they could build up a bankroll in NC? And she had a business that was lucrative enough for her to buy that very expensive home.

It seems like such a silly move.

Her house was so lovely. They moved to a place where the houses are so close you can practically touch the neighbor’s house. So strange to me

It seems like the cost would go sky high having two attorneys. An attorney charges for every phone call so everytime this other attorney in state was consulted, ca ching

Have you ever seen a very high profile murder trial such as this where there is only one attorney? I haven't. Believe me, I know exactly how they charge. At present his attorneys are from the Public Defender’s Office. These attorneys are appointed by the court and represent people who can’t afford to hire a private attorney. Cost won't enter the equation. It may transpire that he'll get some well-known attorney who chooses to act pro bono for him. We'll have to wait and see.

Shanann's appt was for 10am. When she failed to show, NA started calling and texting. When she got no reply she went over to the house and feared SW was passed out inside, so she called CW and asked him to come home. Then she called LE, who arrived before CW. So, a fairly rapid sequence of events.

I don't know that it was that rapid. What time did she first call Chris? I have @noon in my head. I think from one of her interviews or his. I know the affidavit states she called police @ 1:40 pm. It doesn't say when they arrived. But when LE spoke to CW, he said he was five minutes away. So maybe two hours from the first call?

Just from SM posts, it seems like Benadryl was in use on a regular basis in this family, so it's very believable that CW could have administered this to the girls before bed .

I beg to split a hair. In replying to a post about flying on an airplane with CeCe, one of her FB friends mentioned it. Shanann has never posted that she used Benadryl to sedate the children.

There’s no reason to believe she used Benadryl to sedate the children regularly. I haven’t even seen mention that she gave it for allergies.

And we probably shouldn’t even discuss this because it’s based on SM.

Now don't everyone get mad at me, I just can't see the 400k in those houses. Inside it looks like a generic tile floor from a hardware box store, there is a tiny entry way into the living room from outside with about 15 tiles or less before the normal beige fuzzy rug begins, no real entry feeling, the yard is ridiculously small, looks like very little room along the sides between the houses, and I'm surprised the other sub division gets to build in back of them with that small fence, hardly any security at all from machines and construction debris. (but handy for an abduction, it's been noted) I saw a pic of the view turning into the subdivision from some larger road, it looked like dozens or hundreds of houses jammed together with very little green. OK, off my old person rant, being one who likes small houses and big yards/gardens! (Also half of my siblings live in those big house, small yard subdivisions, and I'm positive they look down on me but not when we compare their 6k monthly payments mostly to interest while my "hovel w huge yard" was paid off 20 years ago)

Maybe there was a reason they left NC. Maybe they wanted to get away from there.

imo... because he was there.... and he thought he would have time to come back. On his way home.

He did make a point of showing up to work on time.

I think he underestimated the power of the friendships Shanann had formed.

And then NUA blew his plan. Her friends showed up.
And whatever she did or did not tell them... They believed her. What they saw in retrospect or see today... they believe her. And so do I.

Yes. Maybe he had other plans but she ruined it. So he had to be quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member