Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...The documents include arrest affidavits, search warrants, eyewitness testimony and records from the case...." from link above.
Autopsies of victims were not disclosed until trial.
I’m not surprised - columbine reports were also withheld, I believe- due to the effect on the family. I don’t think there was any concern raised regarding the potential jurors...? So I’m still looking for a case like this one.

I’m also not sure why an autopsy report (that doesnt include a reference to the “who”) would be any more likely to corrupt potential jurors - as opposed to say, an evidence list or a search warrant or an eyewitness statement. Seems like the same standard should apply.

Yes, if she was in killing mode. If she was in a rage and had an altercation with him, it would have been much harder for him to overtake her. Maybe as she was strangling the child, he began strangling her, so they were both in the act of strangling, and she did not want to stop so that's why she didn't fight him. Just trying to look at it with an open mind.

But that scenario is what makes no sense to me. If I see someone strangling my toddler, I am not going to try and strangle an adult to make them stop. That takes TOO LONG and is too unpredictable.

I am going to smash them in the head with a frying pan, bat, heavy object. Or stab them with kitchen knife...something quick and powerful. MY first concern is getting the strangled child air in their lungs at that point. So you knock out the attacker and tend to the child.

That's the problem with his scenario. JMO MOO IMO

Where are you getting the the information about CW’s injuries? I’m just getting on and may have missed it.
There are no recorded injuries AFAIK.

There's this, image taken from porch interview.

maxresdefault.jpg

But that scenario is what makes no sense to me. If I see someone strangling my toddler, I am not going to try and strangle an adult to make them stop. That takes TOO LONG and is too unpredictable.

I am going to smash them in the head with a frying pan, bat, heavy object. Or stab them with kitchen knife...something quick and powerful. MY first concern is getting the strangled child air in their lungs at that point. So you knock out the attacker and tend to the child.

Of course it makes no sense. That was kind of the point.

ITA @katydid23 it seems so wrong that someone's first instinct would be to strangle the strangler. And not only that but strangle them until they are dead. That takes time. Yes you would be extremely angry if you saw your spouse choking your child, however, it makes no sense that your worry for your children wouldn't be top priority. That would be every parent's instinct.

My question, just because I can't keep the timeline straight, when were the sheets found in the garage can? Monday or after?

Per the affidavit, the Detective was requested to the home on Monday by Officer Coonrod and they both observed "the bed in the master bedroom had been stripped of its bedding, which was lying on the floor" and that prior to his confession (on Wednesday), the drone search spotted a sheet that matched the top sheet and several pillow cases that were found in the kitchen trash "early that day."

That would lead me to believe that the sheet and pillow cases were found in the garbage earlier that day, on Wednesday.

<modsnip removed quoted post>

No, “we” don’t need to give credence to anything, it is up to us individually to decide for ourselves how much credence to give anyone’s views. We can take it or leave it, as long as we are respectful.

Without knowing how a person relates to a case means I can’t make a determination, it’s as simple as that. Otherwise you’re saying if Jackie Peterson was posting on Laci’s thread, I’d be obligated to give her views credence.

Precisely.

Ohhhh. My bad. So possibly after he killed the girls, or maybe before he killed them all.
Which reminds me, a poster had asked last night at what point would rigor mortis wear off and I'm thinking if he had killed the girls before she arrived home, it would have to have been pretty early that evening for the bodies to be in such a way that he could manipulate them so they would easily go into the opening. But this would also be true if he killed them around four, when he claims she strangled them.

Yup.
I would be screaming, calling 911 and trying to rouse the neighborhood.

ITA @katydid23 it seems so wrong that someone's first instinct would be to strangle the strangler. And not only that but strangle them until they are dead. That takes time. Yes you would be extremely angry if you saw your spouse choking your child, however, it makes no sense that your worry for your children wouldn't be top priority. That would be every parent's instinct.
Yes, given we have been told that the act of strangling someone to death translates into a significant period of time AFTER the person loses consciousness, it defies reason that once she was unconscious (ignoring that this would be an odd reaction as many have noted), CW would continue to waste valuable minutes NOT helping his daughters. Perhaps there is some wriggle room in his defense since the affidavit states he "ultimately strangled" her..but any big altercation claimed would only give rise to more questions as to why he seems to have no significant injuries. So many hurdles without reason to cross to make sense of his story IMO. It is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert