Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fear. You know what is happening to you.

BTK, and other serial killers have strangled their victims, allowed them to regain consciousness, and strangled them again.

It’s it’s own kind of torture.

Fortunately, I think he was just focused on the act of killing, so it wouldn’t have been a prolonged event.

Death may take a while, but loss of consciousness takes a lot less time.
Agreed. Your posts are always so smart, concise, and to the point. Often with a wry humor, when appropriate. Are you sure you wear socks with sandals? In public? While you have aptly proven it makes you statistically less likely to be a murderer, I do worry for you that some of us might have a hard time reading your posts with a straight face now. Just sayin'

Yep, brace yourself for that one. SP's sister-in-law said the jury convicted him because of all the evidence of adultery. o_O
MOO
The secret boat, all the concrete anchors, etc...so important. But I can sum up the aha moment (in my own opinion) for that jury with his blissful retelling of his night in Paris for his lover: "The fireworks are unreal....here with Pasquel" on the night of his missing wife's vigil down the road in California. Those tapes were prosecution gold, IMO.

EDITED TO ADD: oops, I misread your post! Guess I am just proving her point for her....ack!

Yes!!! Also, what a transformation from arrest to trial! Looked like a totally different person.

He said he felt alive with the mistress. I wonder if that’s how CW felt.

I found it fascinating that the jury found him guilty based on a small lie. He lied about when the affair started, but the date an image was created proved he lied.

One juror mentioned that if he lied about something so small, he was capable of lying about more important details.

We know CW is a proven liar.
Side note to the Chris Coleman case. I am reading One Last Kiss and just read that they found about the girlfriend from the LE assigned to monitor social media sites like this one. Someone was posting about her and the rumored affair.

That may even be underselling it, with some of the accusations that are being made.
Yes, it is beyond dusturbing. I have only watched a few videos that have been referenced and after watching it I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, the described behavior is not there.

I don't know if this will work. I'm trying show an image. It's of crude storage tanks similar to the ones where the children weûre put. I took the pic yesterday. I love the oil field, BUT will say, MOO, the tanks prove he was demonic and killed them, JMO.

I had to see it for myself. I was crying. Armchair musings gave way to real life.

Going to the tanks in person show me he did it, he killed them all. WHY say this?? Bc if she had done it, even in shock he could never have put them in there. No. ONLY if he killed them with zero care would he put them in tanks.

MOO. Blow up the pic. Read the signs. The picture cannot show you the horror of the tank battery. HORRIBLE noise. The threat of H2S gas. Explosions possible. The dirt, the industrial feel. Feeling so small and weak compared. Knowing workers have died tending to the tanks. Unless you experience it, you might not be able to understand, but I'm here to tell you, up close to them, its a horror.

Attachments

• IMG_20181012_202528.jpg
    IMG_20181012_202528.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20181012_202528.jpg
    IMG_20181012_202528.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 181
I don’t mean to be stupid, but when you’re unconscious, do you feel pain?

It has not been studied much but this suggests it is possible to feel pain while unconscious: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2008/10/unconscious-brain-still-registers-pain

However, the above study mostly addresses people in a persistent vegetative state or temporarily in a coma. My opinion is that while the girls brains may have registered pain neurologically (in accordance with the above study), since their brains never woke up again they would not have a chance to remember the pain (i.e. regain consciousness) and technically they never had to experience it. However, had they been revived before brain death they would suddenly be in a lot of pain from the damage done to their bodies. The method CW chose to use was not a mostly painless nor merciful death. It is terrifying. JMO.

But if there is 'something pointing in a different direction' how would sealing them from the public help anything? Because they are still being given to the defense team and the judge. And those are really the people that matter at this point. JMO

I wonder how the conversation went between CW and his attorneys after their office received the reports? :eek:

I have the question about the weight loss.

I am far from crediting the Thrive for it. If it were a potent weight-reducer, people would not need to promote it on their SM to no end.

I would like to know - maybe someone has noticed - how soon did CW lose weight?

It could have been diet/exercise (he seems buffed up). It takes some time. It could have been some potent prescribed appetite suppressant (that could explain a lot of psychological changes in CW), or a drug with side effects of lowered appetite. Or a combination of all three.

Does anyone have any idea of the timeline of his weight loss?

Charlot123, judging from FaceBook photos, I really do think his real weight loss began when they started Thrive. Not to say that Thrive was responsible for it. He did seem to work out, too.

I don’t think he was prescribed anything. He wasn’t terribly overweight, IMO, even at his fattest. It seems that he and Shanann seemed to mirror each other, losing weight at the same time. (My husband and I do that, too. He’d gain weight with me during my pregnancies, and lose it with me after.)

JMO

Good point, although the defense's PRIVATE convos WITHOUT CW would be far more interesting to me...!
One can only imagine. There is a very good short series on the Oxygen channel called “ In Defense Of”. They interview the lawyers for a Ted Bundy, Timothy McVeigh, Jodi Arias and a defendant from the Waco siege. It is pretty interesting to get their perspectives on dealing with these type of people. (The Waco defendant excluded from the other 3.).

The videos are relevant, not unfairly prejudicial, and will come in. At least that is my professional legal opinion. And my personal hope.

Also - the fact that CW deleted his FB account a week or so prior really makes sense. Perhaps he really had told the AP that they were separated and that she had taken the kids to NC. Maybe SW was still tagging him in stuff, but he was explaining that it was just so he could still see the kids. Then when he went to NC for the last week, he was too afraid that he'd be tagged in pictures WITH her and the kids, looking like the family that everyone else thought they were.

Also - I saw some people mentioned the AP, and I agree that she (or they) is going to be invaluable. We don't even KNOW what type of information she's already provided. If she's cooperating as has been reported, they likely have a looooooot of their communications...

I seriously cannot wait.

Oh yeah. Those porch interviews are ALL coming in.

I think it would be very painful. Hold your neck in a vice grip and press against the hyoid - I just tried it and its most unpleasant.
The panic and shock of seeing your murderer deliberately snuff out your life force whilst looking into your eyes (the mirror of the soul) is too horrific for me to even think about.
Especially when the strangler is someone who is supposed to love and protect you, like a daddy and a husband.
MOO
Someone who is your hero...

If it was obvious, why did he have to point out where the girls were? With SW being buried, they may have assumed that the girls had also been buried and couldnt locate them with the drone. LE might have thought about it eventually...... IMO

I'm not convinced he DID have to point out where the girls were. They may have already had a good idea, before he confessed. Especially if his movements had already been tracked from the day they disappeared through GPS. We know there are no reports indicating the neighbor's security camera captured him taking them anywhere else. When presented with the aerial footage showing him the sheet from the home and a clandestine grave, he said let me talk to my Dad, and then I'll tell you the "truth".
Do we know that LE had already made a physical search of the area and was unable to find them? I haven't seen any reports indicating this, but could be wrong.

I don't know if this will work. I'm trying show an image. It's of crude storage tanks similar to the ones where the children weûre put. I took the pic yesterday. I love the oil field, BUT will say, MOO, the tanks prove he was demonic and killed them, JMO.

I had to see it for myself. I was crying. Armchair musings gave way to real life.

Going to the tanks in person show me he did it, he killed them all. WHY say this?? Bc if she had done it, even in shock he could never have put them in there. No. ONLY if he killed them with zero care would he put them in tanks.

MOO. Blow up the pic. Read the signs. The picture cannot show you the horror of the tank battery. HORRIBLE noise. The threat of H2S gas. Explosions possible. The dirt, the industrial feel. Feeling so small and weak compared. Knowing workers have died tending to the tanks. Unless you experience it, you might not be able to understand, but I'm here to tell you, up close to them, its a horror.
It just goes to show how badly he wanted to ensure they’d never be found.

When NUA rang CW at 12:10 he said he was at the Hudson site which is 45 minutes from home. IIRC he was in fact at Cervi 319 in Roggen which is close to Hudson. I’d love to know exactly what he was doing at the time – his normal day job or something else – because he didn’t arrive home until 1 1/2 hours later.

I’m suspicious about everything he said and did at that time. The porch interviews were bad enough, but how could anyone go to work hours after those horrific murders and even pretend it was just another work day. A psychopath, that's who.

And I am dying to hear what the AP has to say about work that day? Did he speak to her, hang out with her, right after dumping his family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74