Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was her phone between the cushions in the sofa in another room? She got home very late. She wouldn’t call friends to chat at 2 am. Did Chris hide her phone? I wonder if she called him earlier to let him know she’d be late.
I reckon she was simply just holding it before going to bed to charge it. she left her suitcase downstairs but her phone would need to be charged when she went to bed. for some people their phone is another appendage.

My step dad passed away in the evening, my mom didn’t find him until the morning (he was in his office), he wasn’t even blue yet, just his lips. It’s definitely not instantaneous, CW said he left for “a few minutes”, to find one child dead and another almost dead. This brings up another point...how long does it take to die from strangulation? Sad to think about, but valid to consider.

IIRC from reading cases 4-5 minutes, a child may be less time.

Assuming his affair partner is female, I am going to predict she comes from the Thrive/social media world rather than his job at the oil field. A job at the oil field just does not seem like a very likely place to meet someone to get it on with. Sure, it could happen, but chatting with someone via social media, then flirting, then an actual affair seems more likely.

He was a really buff guy - 5'10" 225lbs (as per court documents) with very little body fat. I can see how women would think he is attractive. He is generically attractive facially and body-wise. But now we know the ugly that is inside, so that wipes it all out.

I personally disagree. A fellow thriver would be a lot harder to maintain a relationship with since it’s the same circle IMO. I would think it’d be easier to have an affair with a coworker who has no ties whatsoever to your spouse. JMO

From what I was able to tell when I went through SW’s social media pics, Bella and CeCe each had their own rooms. I suppose I could be wrong about this but there was photos of Bella standing in a purple room with wooden furniture and the caption says something about how she likes to throw her clothes around her room (her dresser was open with clothes strewn about). The pics of CeCe sleeping (in a white crib) are in a teal-colored room. Maybe two walls are purple and two walls are blue and they share a room but IF thet don’t, how did he catch these supposed acts on a baby monitor? Was it a split screen monitor? He saw a blue baby on one-half and saw her strangling a baby on the other half? Or are we to assume they were sleeping in the same bed? It would have to be Bella’s bed if CeCe was still in a crib. If that was the case, why throw out the master bedroom sheets? Do you think he explained all of these tiny details during his confession? If he didn’t, will the prosecution think to ask these tiny details during the trial? Also, will we ever even know the truth? He will stick to this story until the end of time. We’ll never know exactly what horrors the girls had seen as their own father killed them, we’ll never know exactly what was said when Shanann arrived home or what she had seen before he killed her. None of them died peacefully with happy thoughts in their minds. They all died having seen horrific things, they died being terrified of the man they thought loved them.
I am just waiting on him to change his story again... "the Ninjas came in and did it. I never saw their faces." Maybe when they release the interrogation tapes we will see him doing headstands...

I don't believe for a minute that he told SW he wanted to separate. I think she told him because something happened before or over the weekend to trigger her response and it could be she learned of his affair. CW seemed perfectly happy to have a wife and kids and a girlfriend on the side.

But if SW separated and took the kids, he'd be out of the house, paying child support for three kids he would see maybe once a week and he sure wouldn't be welcome amongst "her people" at Le-Vel. I've always believed Laci learned of Amber Frey and that's what triggered her murder.

CW dug the grave before SW every came home. He had to because there wasn't enough time that morning. Hence, it was premeditated.

I think she might be. There's one on there who has no social media presence that I can find, but I did find on a alumni website and people search website that she is 30 with an oil/gas related degree.

I know it was mentioned that he was having an affair with a co-worker. He also was involved with Thrive. Could that co-worker been through Thrive?

Okay, I'm going to try to channel CW's timeline -
I'm guessing now that the new pregnancy wasn't such great news from his perspective, so his wife retreated to her family and wrote some upbeat posts about what a great dad he is. While she's away, he starts an affair, and probably tells the girl he's already separated and either doesn't mention the pregnancy or states it is not his baby.
His wife comes home, still determined to play Happy Families, and he shuts down towards her and the girls emotionally. In his mind, he's with the new girlfriend. He deletes his FB so Shanann can't tag him in posts, and any messages between him and gf are unavailable. Divorce will ruin his perfect husband/ father image, and the pregnancy ruins his classic married man line "we haven't slept together in years." Much easier if Shanann and the girls "disappear" and he can tell his girlfriend that she left him and took the kids.
It's premeditated, so he kills the children before she gets home, disposes of their bodies, but then he doesn't have much time after SW's plane is delayed. The idea of having a serious discussion about their marriage at 2am or 5am is ridiculous, even for these two who seem to be on a different time frame to everyone else. He doesn't have time to stage the scene based on his "story" that Shanann has taken the kids and left him. He's not expecting that she's made arrangements to meet with a friend the next morning. So he loses the biggest advantage of a domestic murderer - he loses control of the crime scene within hours of the crime. He can't manipulate time and possessions, but he still stupidly tries to stick with his original story, that they were having problems and she might have left.
The charge of unlawfully terminating a pregnancy is particularly chilling - my guess is that he wanted to eliminate evidence that he was the father of SW's baby. The unlawful termination is another act that had to be performed between 2am when Shanann arrived home and 5am when he left the house.

I will guarantee if any of her DNA is found on those girls (fingernails or neck) then that is exactly what he did. I don't think anyone in their right mind would believe that SW did that to her children. I know I don't!

That crossed my mind but if he had that kind of foresight, I think he’d at least get her purse and phone out of the house. I don’t mean to sound crass but that’s murder 101. Getting DNA under finger nails would be a higher level course imo

Someone posted today that the openings at the top of the tank is only 24”-36”.
I believe you're referring to the size of the manaway. There are some good photos in the threads that will give you a good visual. They can be either vertical or horizontal so not exactly what you're thinking of. MOO

MAybe she tried to remove something around their neck and the lawyers want to exploit that?
This is what I think too. A controlling narcissist is very particular about discipline and behavior. He had those kids by himself and that may have been too much for him to deal with. No empathy. No way to deal with children being children. I see him losing it on the kids first and then in the rage waiting for her to come home.

I might be wrong here, but I thought the blueness was due to oxygen being cut off while living, not from death in general. Like when a child chokes on candy and starts turning blue. It wouldn't need to be a permanent thing for him to have seen it on the monitor. I mean I think he's a lying , but this is just the way I understood it.

If you walk in on your wife, trying to strangle your babies, you knock the wife out, and then CALL 911 FOR HELP.

If you do snap and kill the wife, you can still call 911 and tell them she was killing you children and you were defending them.

You don't cram the babies dead bodies into an empty tool box and drive them to your job site, and stick them down a crude oil well, and then put on your favorite Tar Heels T-shirt, and smile for the tv cam the next morning.

Exactly! And no way is a jury going to buy a story that he would dump his children in barrels of crude oil if he wasn't the killer.

Shannan is 15 weeks pregnant. She has been traveling by plane and according to her friend hasn’t been feeling well. She has lupus- a painful, autoimmune disease that would likely limit her hand strength. Yet at 2 in the morning she comes home and strangles her babies whom she hasn’t seen in days?? Sorry I just can’t get over the absurdity of this!

There is no way this defense is going to work for him. It’s ludicrous.

Strange, IMO, that he wanted to talk to his Dad first. To soften the blow? I just have to think that a person that evil had to have shown some kind of anger and rage problem before. It’s hard to believe that he wasn’t abusive before. Why did she want a divorce? She seem to love him. She had no proof of the affair according to her friend. I bet he’s been abusing her, at least, in emotional ways all along.

Absoutely, I would bet he is the verbal abuser, mind game player. Those type make sure you are NEVER living a stable existence. Every time you start feeling comfortable they make sure to knock you down and play mind games with you. That is their form of control, bringing you down mentally. IMHO those abusers are worse then the physical ones as bruises heal. Someone that plays with your mind and does everything they can to knock you down and lower your confidence and self esteem are truly evil. not saying physical abuse is a cake walk and not a manner of control because it is, but the mental abuser imho is a more dangerous predator because they are always thinking of ways to hurt you. They think and think on how best to bring you down and always feel they are smarter then everyone else. The guy who just can't control his rage and hits isn't doing a lot of thinking. He just acts out as he is triggered. The thinker plots and plans all the while the SOB is smiling at you.

I can’t see him being that smart.

I don't think he is a genius, but he might be smarter than we think.

Look at how calm and self assured he was during that interview. How could he not be in a panic after disposing of 3 dead bodies?

It makes me think that he already knew he had that phony little defense scenario, ready to bring forward when necessary.

I hate to admit this, but I’ve been looking at little kids’ necks when I’ve been out the last couple of days. They’re so tiny and fragile. It wouldn’t take much strength to twist one.

I have a three year old daughter, she would fight, I can assure you. Dad looks strong though. He’s such a monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members