Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez. Now I'm scared. How can anyone look at the photos of her with babies and think that for one moment? Or see how that demon acted and think his story could remotely be believable.

It's astounding and disturbing.

The killer is a he, not a she. The killer was cheating on his wife. The killer already confessed to killing his wife. The killer strangled his pregnant wife, and in doing so, killed his unborn child. The killer disposed of his own babies in tanks of oil, and barely covered up with dirt the body of his dead wife carrying his now dead baby. The killer lied about not knowing what happened. Last, the killer accused the wife he had just murdered with his bare hands of murdering her own babies, with her bare hands, while pregnant with a baby she was overjoyed to be carrying.

I can't imagine a single juror on any jury believing this loathsome killer.

I think it is because the little girls turned blue as he was strangling them and he incorporated that detail into his story, but claimed he saw it on the monitor.

He's got a weird obsession with the baby monitor, IMO. In his media interview, he said he saw the girls on the baby monitor before he left for work.
Does anyone know who was watching them when SW was away

If he loved those kids and was enraged that SW killed them, you cannot convince me he would've just dumped them in a tank of oil and walked away.

He would've buried them, probably with their favorite blanket or toy. Shown some sort of respect and love towards them that way.

He would've shown some semblance of emotion the next day being interviewed.

But that's not what happened, and it makes it clear to me that he's the guilty one.

I think about a family that my daughter and I have known for 6 years, and I compare their response to tragedy with CW’s, and in my mind there is no way he was upset these kids died.

Last year our friends, he a firefighter / EMT and she a trauma nurse, said goodnight to their 11 year old and in the morning she was dead in her bed. She passed away overnight from an undiagnosed medical problem. It was very very VERY obvious she had been dead several hours, probably happened right after she went to bed or close to it, but my friends tried desperately to revive her.

When the fire dept arrived, from the station he works at no less, the mom stepped back to let the EMTs take over and to comfort her other kids, but the dad would not stop. Could not stop. He just kept trying to breathe life back into his little girl. His fire dept brothers had to physically restrain him and in his anguish he ripped out clumps of his own hair and sobbed into the arms of the firemen that were there. I can’t imagine how he would have reacted if he saw someone kill her, but his impulse would have been the same: try to save her. Try to revive her no matter how obvious it was that she was dead.

The fact that C.W. would focus on killing Shanann instead of trying to save his children says everything.

Shannan is 15 weeks pregnant. She has been traveling by plane and according to her friend hasn’t been feeling well. She has lupus- a painful, autoimmune disease that would likely limit her hand strength. Yet at 2 in the morning she comes home and strangles her babies whom she hasn’t seen in days?? Sorry I just can’t get over the absurdity of this!

There is no way this defense is going to work for him. It’s ludicrous.

He did not mention that he killed his 3rd child. So yes, he is perfectly capable of killing the other two.
I think his plan was like Scott Peterson’s ....convince everyone that his pregnant wife (& kids) went missing.
That didn’t work so now he has this (hero) story.
Disgusting.
JMO

He might have, but it won't matter. There is no way that they could remove that crude oil without removing the DNA. It is thick, sticky, oily and it is hard to get off.
I thought of that too, and as for any that might be preserved in the folds of skin in a neck? No way. I’ve fried enough chicken to know, when you dip it in oil, it’s covered, completely.

I think it is because the little girls turned blue as he was strangling them and he incorporated that detail into his story, but claimed he saw it on the monitor.

He's got a weird obsession with the baby monitor, IMO. In his media interview, he said he saw the girls on the baby monitor before he left for work.
I agree. As he was telling the lie to the police, he was probably replying the murder in his mind. This dude is sick.

awesome article my dear

BUT we must keep in mind in this tradegy her endless relentless non stop raving is the key clinical point in this one imo

she had to keep saying it all the time to soothe her fear of his leaving her

her biggest fear came true the other night

did she have a horrid relationship with one of her parents ?

this is

images

Dear Cariis,

We may have to disagree on this one, my friend. Although you did say that you are "open" to other possibilities. I'll take that as a friendly challenge.

In my opinion, the "endless relentless non stop raving" is necessary in her "story of true love and happiness" she used constantly to promote the product.

It wasn't a true story. Shanann's friend, Nickole Atkinson told the true story.

But this was a story that could sell Shanann's product.

This is a common thread throughout most sellers' instagrams, facebooks, etc. They are marketing their products. The conferences they attend are exciting and create enthusiasm to "rave" about every single part of their lives!

They are encouraged to show the world that because this product changed their lives, they are excited and love their partners and have to tell us every day how joyous and happy their lives are.

They are told to share your excitement through selling of the product in their social media. And they do! Do they ever!

They feel "fabulous" and not just on Tuesdays but every single day!

But wait! Every single minute is fabulous ! Even when they are late for 10 appointments and are in the back of the line at the grocery store and they are so happy waiting in line. This product changed their life! They are so happy everywhere!!

They are encouraged to post positive and exciting messages about everything and everyone in their lives. Especially their spouses who support the product too!

Their spouses are not just "wonderful" but they are "the best thing that happened to me." They are the most perfect and wonderful spouses in the entire universe! This person changed my life just like this product changed my life!

She "sold" the idea of the "impossibly perfect and ecstatic happiness" just as she sold that product.

It's what the marketing conferences train them to do. They try to convince them that this form of marketing will work above all others.

I'm not saying that most of these people are not happy. Likely they are. But are they really all living a "100% impossibly perfect live"? I don't think so. We wouldn't be human if we had perfect lives.

There's nothing wrong with marketing or the conferences or anyone who sells products, of course. There's nothing wrong with making your life look "ideal" on social media. Nothing against any products. That's not my point.

I'm not making fun of anyone using enthusiasm such as this to sell a product. Hey, this method of marketing works. I admit that this method has worked on me.

In my opinion, the "endless non-stop raving" you mention is "key" to a marketing strategy to sell this product.

The key clinical point, in my opinion, was exactly when C.W. began to distance himself from the family he was planning to eradicate.

He was displaying cognitive dissonance.

Last edited:
Here is a chilling thought : When CW was describing how Bella was “sprawled out and blue” on the bed and Celeste was then being strangled by SW he was likely describing what actually happened only he was the one doing it.

My God, those poor children. They deserved so much better.
You’d think he would have screamed bloody murder at that point. Somebody would have heard.

So what do you all think about the bedding evidence in the affidavit, namely, that pillowcases and a sheet were found in the kitchen trash can? And a matching sheet was found by drone lying in a oilfield near the body hiding spot?

I think he strangled the girls with the pillowcases. Roll up the long way, put around neck and pull the ends tight. I think this is why they won’t find his DNA on their necks. :(

I kind of interpret it differently:

On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts with the intent to terminate unlawfully the pregnancy of a woman, namely: Shanann Watts, feloniously and unlawfully terminated the pregnancy of the woman. Further, the woman died as a result of the unlawful termination of the pregnancy, in violation of 18-3.5-103(1),(2), C.R.S
Everyone read it the same way as you, but during the News conference the DA said it was the terminology they had to use.
I kind of interpret it differently:

On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts with the intent to terminate unlawfully the pregnancy of a woman, namely: Shanann Watts, feloniously and unlawfully terminated the pregnancy of the woman. Further, the woman died as a result of the unlawful termination of the pregnancy, in violation of 18-3.5-103(1),(2), C.R.S
The DA explained during the press conference why they had to use that terminology..... everyone read it the same way as you at first. They do not have a fetal homicide law so they used this one since his actions in killing the mother, terminated her pregnancy.

dont know case

did they ever prove that was not the case??

mothers do kill there kids

This is true. I don't believe it is true in this case.

Medical...how long does it take for s child to turn blue after death?
My husband passed and by the time hospice, clergy, family etc. 4 hours passed and only his lips started to change color.Would a child be quicker?

I don't know, but I think Cw's story is made up, and if he saw his child blue, it was after he killed her.

I trust the jurors will see through the nightmare b.s story he has concocted. No way did Shannan harm her daughters what a disgrace to her memory to claim otherwise.

How fast are trials normally in Colorado?

I think it will depend on whether it is a death penalty trial, and how many motions fly from the defense. Delaying is a defense tactic, ime. The Aurora theater shooting trial was about 3 years after the crime, so I'm going to estimate 2-3 years for this one-unless it gets pleaded out (which I hope it does).

I think LE and the prosecution knows exactly what happened. He was charged with every possible charge that could be thrown at him and I believe they are confident they can prove their case.

I believe this as well, and I think they have a lot more evidence now than when the arrest affidavit was sworn last week.

All imo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/meaww....hters-murder-scott-peterson-forensic-profiler

Interesting article comparing CW and SP. INMO SP is a far better liar, and more likeable than CW.

Killing two small children and throwing them into oil tankers is beyond depraved.
I agree. Even evil depraved Jeffrey MacDonald (another easy comparison with CW) tucked his daughters back into bed after the murders.
It was obviously really important for CW's agenda that the entire family disappear completely. And he just couldn't carry it off because he had to spend so much time hiding the bodies, he didn't have enough time to stage the home and set up his story.

MAybe she tried to remove something around their neck and the lawyers want to exploit that?

IF she came through the door, kicked off her shoes, placed her purse on the island in the kitchen, headed for the stairs (leaving her suitcase at the bottom for Chris to carry up), proceeded to kiss the girls hello/goodnight (IF they were still alive), then she was accosted by Chris in the "loft" as she left their room...losing her phone in the scuffle on the couch(to be found by police later...thank God he didn't find it first)...she was probably strangled in that loft room (possibly AFTER telling her he wanted out). He grabbed a sheet to wrap her in from his bed.

IF the girls weren't already deceased, they may have awakened at the noise....too horrific to imagine...he would have silenced them at that time...

It would probably have all been over by 2:30 - 3:30 or so (depending on the length of their so-called emotional conversation and depending on what he did to the girls). I don't recall reading if the little girls beds were made...his were completely stripped. What did he do in the time that was left before 5:15? He had to back the truck up, carry three bodies down the stairs and out to the garage.

I guess the DEVIL is in the details. And, that night, he surely was.

This case has got to be one of the worst ones I've come across in a long time. May they rest in peace.

I think he strangled the girls with the pillowcases. Roll up the long way, put around neck and pull the ends tight. I think this is why they won’t find his DNA on their necks. :(

Whoa I hadnt thought of that possibility. I was thinking maybe there was some blood on the bedding and evil dumdum Chris thought he was going to have time after work on Monday to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname