Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then perhaps someone should have the good grace to tell them that and to keep quiet? Where is the support system for this family? What about the social worker referred to in the letter to the court?

The 30 minute meeting he has with each member of his family would have been an ideal opportunity for him to tell them then, would it not? Why was he not allowed (according to the Watts family) to discuss this with them?

I do not agree with the way they have gone about this, but I can honestly see why they are frustrated.

But we are only hearing what they are saying. We don’t know exactly what they’ve been told. Maybe they have been told but they don’t want to accept it. Maybe that’s even why the Judge mentioned the social worker because he feels they need some help or support because they won’t accept what’s happening and what they’ve been told. Even though the DA works for CW I don’t see why they would deliberately be unkind to his family especially if he wants them kept in the loop. The only way I could see them not sharing things is if their client, an adult man, tells them not to or if there is some reason it could hurt CW defense. With that being said, his mother and sister have been very vocal since day one and maybe that worries the attorneys for their case. It’s possible they have been told at some point to stop talking about the case, hence her saying they “ shut them down”.

Last edited:
Social workers complete intake screenings and assessments and also crisis intervention (rumour is that he was suicidal), as well as general case management. They have knowledge of the DSM-V, and I would think would do some form of evaluation and therapy.
For all we know, the social worker may have advised him not to speak to his mother.

Social workers complete intake screenings and assessments and also crisis intervention (rumour is that he was suicidal), as well as general case management. They have knowledge of the DSM-V, and I would think would do some form of evaluation and therapy.

Thank you. Would this mean that they would be a good source of support to the Watts family and be able to answer their questions?

But we are only hearing what they are saying. We don’t know exactly what they’ve been told. Maybe they have been told but they don’t want to accept it. Maybe that’s even why the Judge mentioned the social worker because he feels they need some help or support because they won’t accept what’s happening and what they’ve been told. Even though the DA works for CW I don’t see why they would deliberately be unkind to his family especially if he wants them kept in the loop. The only way I could see them not sharing things is if their client, an adult man, tells them not to or if there is some reason it could hurt CW defense. With that being said, his mother and sister have been very vocal online since day one and maybe that worries the attorneys for their case. It’s possible they have been told at some point to stop talking about the case, hence her saying they “ shut them down”.
Where were they vocal? Are you able to link as I would like a read. Thank you

Then perhaps someone should have the good grace to tell them that and to keep quiet? Where is the support system for this family? What about the social worker referred to in the letter to the court?

The 30 minute meeting he has with each member of his family would have been an ideal opportunity for him to tell them then, would it not? Why was he not allowed (according to the Watts family) to discuss this with them?

I do not agree with the way they have gone about this, but I can honestly see why they are frustrated.
idk where the extended family and support is but I do agree they need guidance and help and are in a terrible place. The podcast girls are leading them down the path of more despair and anguish with that ridiculous letter. The Watts need to hire an attorney to help explain the process and legalities and also question his defense if they think his rights are being violated. I suspect they already have though and didn’t like the answer, why they are resorting to these girls. I understand that, wanting to try anything and everything but those girls are just trying to get their careers going, they know nothing of the law as evidenced by that letter. My best guess is the lawyers would not let them talk about the plea in the 30 minute visit either at Chris’s request or to keep him from saying something that is incriminating or different than what he said in the plea negotiations, they are protecting their client. This is not final til the sentencing.

None of us are required to be here. If we are dissatisfied with the posting or the fact that the board is still open, we can always leave.

Yes. I think it’s a bit rich to complain about the board now after 40-something threads where we had to watch Shan’anns character dragged through the mud, which many of us found incredibly distressing.

So, I'm reading the order on the expanded media coverage. They're only allowing pooled audio and video. I doubt the podcast is going to be able to get access to the media's pooled feed. No other devices are allowed to be used in the court room. Interesting!!

Bolding mine:
There must be protocol for all the news agencies to join the pool and assign one reputable entity to do the filming. But that's interesting where it says basically that if they can't agree on who is doing the pool feed, then no media of that type is allowed!

"If no agreement can be reached on either of these matters, there shall be no expanded media coverage of that type."

I wonder how the ragtag blogs and pods get their elbows into the stew.

There must be protocol for all the news agencies to join the pool and assign one reputable entity to do the filming. But that's interesting where it says basically that if they can't agree on who is doing the pool feed, then no media of that type is allowed!

"If no agreement can be reached on either of these matters, there shall be no expanded media coverage of that type."

I wonder how the ragtag blogs and pods get their elbows into the stew.
I saw on some of the requests submitted that the major networks have already agreed to work with each other prior to this being granted. I imagine the ‘ragtag blogs and pods’ will be doing a lot of second hand reporting

Shan’ann wasn’t perfect, I’m not perfect, you’re not perfect. Not being perfect has nothing to do with anything, and the answers don’t lie there.

None of us deserve to be murdered. We’ll never understand why he thought it was ok. Why did Scott Peterson think it was ok, why did Chris Coleman or Christian Longo or Gerard Baden-Clay or John List or Neil Entwhistle or John Sharpe.

We’ll never truly understand the why. It’s the million dollar question. What I can say is that the answer isn’t found in their victims, it can only be found within the perpetrators. Their victims were all innocent.

So yes people get upset when people try to find the “why” by pointing out very ordinary, normal human flaws in a victim. As if that will somehow “explain” the unexplainable.

It won’t.

Well said! This should be a sticky.

Thank you. Would this mean that they would be a good source of support to the Watts family and be able to answer their questions?
I would hope so but no clue.

I blame Chris for a lot but I really can't blame him for not facing them. Look at the lengths she has gone to, to force him to speak to her. In my opinion, he was absolutely stuck in an abusive relationship, with his mother.
Yes. Had he avoided her years sooner he might possibly not even be in jail right now. The wedge she put in his marital relationship all those years probably figured significantly into his loathing and resentment.

I think a suggestion for both families and their circles of friends right now would be to avoid all internet, news, social media. Focus on their letters to present to the judge, focus on the love of the victims.

At this point, there’s nothing that needs to be said. Just wait.

My heart goes out to everyone who knew SW, CW, and the kiddos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500