Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
That link isn't specific to Chris Watts, who was supposedly under suicide watch. If his attorneys didn't want him making phone calls to his parents, he wouldn't make phone calls to his parents. JMO
Correct and that is a decision Chris made, to follow his attorney’s advice or Chris did not want to talk to them for any reason.

CW also told police he didn't murder the girls and his parents believe he was telling the truth. I really don't understand all the bashing of the grandparents. JMO
On November 6, CW told his parents, the police, the court, and everyone else in the world that he murdered his innocent wife and children. His parents are choosing not to believe him, (just this one time though, everything he said before was true, apparently) and continue to engage in the disgusting, insulting, and vile victim blaming every chance they can. That is why they have not been well recieved. MOO.

CW's mother has said a lot of things this week. Many in which she contradicted things she had said the day before. IMO you can't believe word one that comes out of her mouth. Except that Christopher played sports from what, age 5 to 17.
This is what puzzles me, CW got together with Shanann when he was about 25 yrs old, why doesn't Cindy talk about the years between 18-25? Did he already distance himself from her after turning 18 but Cindy's blaming Shanann for it 7 yrs later?
Or, the 5-17 yrs are Cindy's golden years and he's still in those years in her mind? This is a very complex relationship, imo.

They are claiming they’ve never been heard in or out of court.
They are claiming they were never allowed to discuss it with their son prior to the plea deal. CW told his father that he didn't murder the girls and murdered SW out of rage. His mother wasn't present during this conversation. According to the arrest affidavit, CW told LE the very same thing.

That's the point I became open to the possibility that CW was telling the truth and I had no idea he had also told his dad this prior to his confession to LE.

WHAT? OH NO! They are going to claim to be victims and blame Shanann. I hope someone has to approve their statement before it is read. Does someone approve statements before they are allowed?

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...TIM RIGHTS FOR PATERNAL GRANDPARENTS C-26.pdf
If is am reading it correctly, the last sentence on the Oder for Victim Rights for Paternal Grandparents says “The court does not authorize the acceptance of the Entry of Appearance. It is signed by the judge.

So it looks like the Watts parents have been denied their request.

They are claiming they were never allowed to discuss it with their son prior to the plea deal. CW told his father that he didn't murder the girls and murdered SW out of rage. His mother wasn't present during this conversation. According to the arrest affidavit, CW told LE the very same thing.

That's the point I became open to the possibility that CW was telling the truth and I had no idea he had also told his dad this prior to his confession to LE.
CW lied, as he had lied before. He is now pleady guilty because he is guilty. Picking and choosing from CW's lies does not make him innocent, IMO.

BBM. Oh, that's not self serving, CW says Shan'ann had checked out of the marriage, and get this, NK was the aggressor who showed interest first. What's a guy to do when a gal shows interest. But he really regrets that NK got pulled in. Yeah cuz she helped put him in the slammer by calling the cops on him.

Yes she did! (and NK, if you ever read this, thank you!). I hadn't looked at it that way. Not much to laugh at in this case, but CW'd getting Amber Frey'ed is one of them!

Edited to bold something, so BBM

Last edited:
This is what puzzles me, CW got together with Shanann when he was about 25 yrs old, why doesn't Cindy talk about the years between 18-25? Did he already distance himself from her after turning 18 but Cindy's blaming Shanann for it 7 yrs later?
Or, the 5-17 yrs are Cindy's golden years and he's still in those years in her mind? This is a very complex relationship, imo.
Well in that particular interview, the reporter asked Cindy if CW played sports and she said yes, from age 5-17. Then kinda went on about it. The first interviews shown only had her answer without the question, so it looked like she was hyper-attuned to CW's life from age 5-17.

But in the extended interview, it shows the reporter randomly asking her if CW had played sports, and she said yes, from those years, and that he had two best friends, and was talking about that time period.

I think she said lots of tone deaf and mind-boggling things, but did happen to catch this context for the 5-17 focus when I saw the extended interview that showed the reporter's question first.

Because they bashed a murder victim.

Because their comments were vile.

Because they are behaving as if their son is a child, and can’t make his own decisions.

Because they have bashed the process, to include those who are defending him.

Because they refuse to accept the fact that their son is a monster, and they continue to make excuses for him.

What they did to the Rcuzek family is absolutely disgusting. These poor people have lost a daughter, a sister, and two precious children.

That’s not enough though. The Watts family continues to drag Shannan though the mud, victimizing her family yet again.

That’s why we are criticizing them.

I make no apologies for it.
Bravo!

Is it me, or does 6-8 weeks not seem long enough for CW to get deeply involved enough with NK to, what?, then kill Shanann and the girls? I understand that the marriage might have been on the rocks for a longer amount of time, but why would CW kill his family over someone he had been seeing for not even two months? Especially when she said she wanted to take things slowly. Would CW have killed his family if there were no affair partner? So is the affair partner (only) the partial motive? Or does the DA have something else entirely? If a 6-week affair is the motive, I’m sorry, but that is like high-school-type LAME.

Probably AP was the partial.motive, but each kid was insured for 8 K? That is another part...

Why would he tell the 'truth' this once? Why would he claim to not know where his family was when he knew that they were dead?
Why would he lie to both APs?
Out of all those lies, this is the only time he told the truth?

Gah just had a long post and lost it.

In a nutshell:

We see many parents here who are in denial, etc and continue to defend their kids after they are accused of serious crimes. IMO, ARS’ mother who so bravely turned in her own son for Jessica’s murder is somewhat of a minority.

Here’s are some examples off the top of my head:

(TK’s mother...there’s one classic quote from her I’m still looking for, don’t forget “Kala Brown was found chained up 'like a dog' in steel container on his land.”

“Tague told “48 Hours” in November that her son was misunderstood and not a monster, describing him as a “loner.”

She painted a picture of Kohlhepp that was a stark contrast to the crimes he’s accused of, calling him kind and ambitious. “

Todd Kohlhepp case: Mother of suspected South Carolina serial killer found dead

Mom of accused serial killer Todd Kohlhepp: He 'is not a monster'

““Todd is not a monster,” Tague, told CBS 48 Hours correspondent David Begnaud. “He’s not even close to it. He wasn’t doing it for enjoyment. He was doing it because he was mad and he was hurt.”“

Snip

“She said Kohlhepp told her that he killed Charles Carver because he was a smart-aleck, and chained Kala Brown and held her captive inside a metal container on a property near Woodruff for two months so she wouldn’t report the crime to police.“

ETA: It seems she did speak to the victims though:

““I just said I’m sorry,” Tague said. “This is the first time I’ve been out of the house. I was sitting over there and they were sitting over here, and I just wanted to come over face to face and tell them I’m sorry. I’m sorry my son did this. It doesn’t right it. It doesn’t help them any, I’m sure.”“

Todd Kohlhepp's mom meets families of his alleged victims

—-

Parents of Seminole Heights shooter:

“TAMPA – Howell Donaldson Jr. and Rosita Donaldson weren’t even in court when attorneys began arguing Friday morning about their two-month long refusal to testify about their son, the suspect in four Seminole Heights murders.“

Snip

“"If they’re going to come up with some excuse for on the night of this murder he was home eating pizza with us, the community, the victims’ families and the State Attorney’s Office have a right to hear that," Warren said.”

Snip

“The heart-wrenching conflict parents face when their child commits a crime was a feature of the 2004 case of Jennifer Porter, a Muller Elementary Magnet School teacher who left the scene of a fatal accident.“

Seminole Heights suspect’s parents sentenced to house arrest, found in contempt of court

—-

Last edited:
So it’s a handwritten letter that was not inexplicably destroyed by the defense attorneys. Got it. My guess is that the family brought it to the PDs who decided it held no evidentiary value given that it was about CW being hurt and he somehow managed to survive. Just one more strike against them in mom’s eyes.

Also, the idea of CW pulling out a nice piece of Cranes stationary and writing this thing long hand is somehow even more ridiculous than the computer version. This is a soap opera level of weirdness.

Jmo
This is when WS needs a WHAT or LAUGHING SMIRK button!

@Charlot123 said:
I have a question/consideration. If NK and CW were meeting in his empty house when his family was in NC, I have no doubt that someone, and probably some friends of CW, must have seen them. After all, the neighbor with the camera might have seen people entering the house. (I understand, the neighbor might not necessarily be the friend).

But friends living in the town, surely they knew?

I know that we all prefer not to "meddle" into the relationships. But maybe it is a very wrong approach? I would like to discuss it because we need to know how to prevent such events in the future.
NK reported that she never met any of CW's family or friends. No confirmation that any of his friends knew about NK except for his friend @trinket who reported here that he/she knew about the AP.
LATE EDIT to correct CW friend ident @Trinket78

From the beginning, we knew that CW confessed after speaking to his father. There were two theories in regards to what was said between the two:

CW tried his story first on his father.

CW and his father conspired to come up with this story.

If we are to believe his father, CW made up this story on his own.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/ORDER CONCERNING VICTIM RIGHTS FOR PATERNAL GRANDPARENTS C-26.pdf
If is am reading it correctly, the last sentence on the Oder for Victim Rights for Paternal Grandparents says “The court does not authorize the acceptance of the Entry of Appearance. It is signed by the judge.

So it looks like the Watts parents have been denied their request.
Not true. Judge did not authorize the Entry of Appearance i.e., will not allow their attorney to address the court. It has No effect on Grandparent's recognized as victims to deliver impact statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle