CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with you. I just heard of this case recently and all that could go through my mind was what lead a guy who showed so “much love” for his family on videos just strangle and murder his pregnant wife and two children and disposed of them in a horrible fashion.

Since I’m always looking into cases that interest me deeper I saw people have so many disrespectful views of Shannan. It didn’t seem to me that she was anything but a devoted wife and mother.

Then I saw a video of her text messages to her friends about the marital problems and it was the “glue” on the cake for me. Shannan didn’t want anything but to put together her marriage in those texts while CW was ignoring her and cold as ice.

Next came the lies and the changing stories from CW which makes me believe that maybe this wasn’t an act of passion but premeditated, I know that is hard to hear for Shannan’s family. No one deserves to die in that way in either fashion. I just fear that some of the facts are left out and her family doesn’t deserve the treatment of the public in this manner.

My heart goes out to the Rzucek family, I’m sorry you had to loose 4 beautiful souls to a heartless monster like CW.

Rest In Peace SW, BW, CW and NW

what a beautiful post. I agree. They are now in Heaven. Away from this world.

Why thank you, this case confuses me completely. It just seems so out of line for CW or the person he betrayed for all those years, no one deserves to be murdered and disposed in such horrific ways.

My heart goes out to the family of Shannan they didn’t deserve this.

what a beautiful post. I agree. They are now in Heaven. Away from this world.

I never read the confessions book, but CW was stupid for doing such horrific crimes to his wife and kids. Shannan was a devoted wife and mother to him and the kids. She’s the type that would have done anything for him. You don’t find people like that everyday.

The problem is he needed to have a conversation with her about the problems instead of holding it all in.

IIRC the Watts have never acknowledged Nico. Did they mention him at the sentencing? C Watts did nostalgically mention in his confession that he would have had a little baby son, a pretty wife, and 2 little girls had he not murdered them all.

• I guess I’m not liking the fact the whole story hasn’t been told from the beginning. The fact CW Keeps holding back key information makes me believe it’s not all out yet. Maybe it is, but I still think an investigation still needs to be conducted

• He already confessed to the premeditation. I think the important facts are out there for all to see. From the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I have to agree communication or lack their of is an indication of a sad marriage. He could have been the “man” and got a divorce or learned to communicate to Shanann. Instead he let it build up and eventually ended 4 beautiful souls in the process.

I too, watched the movie on Lifetime. I believe CW being an introvert, buried his anger about his real or imagined life struggles with money, marriage, whatever. I wonder if he ever talked with SW about his feelings? I'm sad for her that she seemed to put all of the effort into the relationship and he was living a lie. I never really thought the murders were premeditated but I could be wrong. This crime will always be one of the worst I've heard and read about.

• I guess I’m not liking the fact the whole story hasn’t been told from the beginning. The fact CW Keeps holding back key information makes me believe it’s not all out yet. Maybe it is, but I still think an investigation still needs to be conducted
Well I don't agree at all re opening an investigation, when a murder has been confessed to. Cases are solved and closed all the time without every single grisly detail being divulged.

Watts confessed to savagely killing his wife, his little girls, and his unborn baby. He desecrated their bodies. According to him, he confessed in detail in early September 2018 to his own attorneys, which IIRC will become part of new discovery should he try to appeal based on incompetent representation. Then we know he confessed to the murders around Thanksgiving 2018 in his plea deal, and he added yet more detail in February 2019 in a very long interview/confession with the CBI, FBI and Frederick PD which you can listen to on youtube if you have 5-6 hours to spend. In February he described for the record how his little girl Bella only "grunted" as he murdered her. And, in August 2018 he told FBI/CBI how he noticed the delayed splash her body made as it traveled through the 19' of toxic gas before she hit the sludge at the bottom of the tank.
I guess I don't know what other details anyone would want hear. Not me, anyway.

I doubt I will ever get over learning the details of this family annihilation.

Justice has been done, he's in prison for the rest of his sorry life.

Last edited:
I have to agree communication or lack their of is an indication of a sad marriage. He could have been the “man” and got a divorce or learned to communicate to Shanann. Instead he let it build up and eventually ended 4 beautiful souls in the process.
What is your proof for their's being a "sad marriage"? It looked pretty happy to me. No one knows what happens behind closed doors, yet in this case we have hours, weeks of lovely videos of a happy family. He hooked up with a woman at work who knew he had a wife and family, and who knew he was still living at home. He didn't have enough nerve to tell the wife. That is sad that he chose murder and baby killing as a way out of communication with his wife, but that is no indication at all of having a "sad marriage". The affair took place in the last 6-7 weeks of an 8 year marital relationship. I don't recall any statements made by CW or SR that they had a sad marriage.

Chris Watts is an especially scary type of murderer. a family annihilator. He was the perfect husband, father and employee until he decided he wanted a new life with girlfriend he barely knew. :mad:

My mind can't comprehend what he did to those beautiful girls, his wife and unborn son. I still can hear Bella signing that song "My daddy is a hero".... :(

I hope he rots in jail. He is the worst of the worst.

MOO

For some reason, it seemed like Chris' family despised Shan'ann and the girls. I don't understand the animosity; and I don't understand the mother's total disregard for CeCe's allergies and the callous things that she did and said.

I think that this played into Chris's decision to annihilate all of them and start over. He told his parents about his paramour. I got the impression that they were glad that he was finally getting rid of Shan'ann.

I'm not implying that they wanted her or the kids murdered. However, I don't think that they cared that they would be gone out of their lives.

According to the Weld County Public Trustee site (Weld Public Trustee: Foreclosure Property Search), the Watts property is scheduled "To Be Withdrawn."
upload_2020-6-19_23-45-33.png

On their website, an explanation of this terminology is given, as follows:
"TO BE WITHDRAWN, WITHDRAWN or ADMINISTRATIVE WITHDRAWAL – there are several reasons why a foreclosure case can or must be withdrawn – the owners have worked directly with their lender to bring their loan current or arrange a payment plan; the sale has not been held in a timely manner (within 6 months of the initially-scheduled Sale Date for pre-2008 cases or within 12 months for post 1-2008 cases). An administrative withdrawal can be done by the Public Trustee (on post 1-2008 cases only and with proper notification) if the attorney for the lender does not request a withdrawal and the last possible sale deadlines have passed. Once a foreclosure has been withdrawn, if the default remains or occurs again, a new foreclosure action may be started by the lender."

It seems that the continuous rescheduling of the sale of the property has now created this situation. Wonder if the bank will process a new foreclosure action or if Shanann's family has made some other arrangement with the bank?

@gitana1, is this a common occurrence? @Colorado303, do you think the neighbors are aware of this situation?

IMHO, this continues to sadden this case even more. I hope a resolution is found.

I think they were happy to be rid of Shannan but the kids were something else.
I've never heard the Watts parents refer to the fetus, their grandson Niko, being murdered by their son, or even acknowledge the existence of their future grandson. In fact did they ever acknowledge it was their son that murdered the children? Seems like they referred to "what happened", terms like that, as though something just "happened". By Cindy's own word, they saw the family only 2 times a year. I don't think they had much affection for anyone in the family except their murdering son.

I've never heard the Watts parents refer to the fetus, their grandson Niko, being murdered by their son, or even acknowledge the existence of their future grandson. In fact did they ever acknowledge it was their son that murdered the children? Seems like they referred to "what happened", terms like that, as though something just "happened". By Cindy's own word, they saw the family only 2 times a year. I don't think they had much affection for anyone in the family except their murdering son.

I watched a YT documentary last night and had to fast forward the bit with Ma Watts spouting her bile...the malevolence and spite comes off that woman in waves (IMO etc.).
I think she and Ronnie will never accept CW is a murderer, it’ll always be someone else’s fault. I also find their apparent lack of grief over the callous murders of Bella, Celeste and Nico - I find that truly chilling.

According to the Weld County Public Trustee site (Weld Public Trustee: Foreclosure Property Search), the Watts property is scheduled "To Be Withdrawn."
View attachment 251820

"TO BE WITHDRAWN, WITHDRAWN or ADMINISTRATIVE WITHDRAWAL – there are several reasons why a foreclosure case can or must be withdrawn – the owners have worked directly with their lender to bring their loan current or arrange a payment plan; the sale has not been held in a timely manner (within 6 months of the initially-scheduled Sale Date for pre-2008 cases or within 12 months for post 1-2008 cases). An administrative withdrawal can be done by the Public Trustee (on post 1-2008 cases only and with proper notification) if the attorney for the lender does not request a withdrawal and the last possible sale deadlines have passed. Once a foreclosure has been withdrawn, if the default remains or occurs again, a new foreclosure action may be started by the lender."

It seems that the continuous rescheduling of the sale of the property has now created this situation. Wonder if the bank will process a new foreclosure action or if Shanann's family has made some other arrangement with the bank?

@gitana1, is this a common occurrence? @Colorado303, do you think the neighbors are aware of this situation?

IMHO, this continues to sadden this case even more. I hope a resolution is found.
Even if the bank elects not to re-initiate foreclosure I highly doubt the family will try to make new payment arrangements. The house is almost as notorious as Jon Benet’s in Boulder and if it sells it’s going to go for much less than market value. This house may be the only one in metro Denver that’s significantly under water. The family wants nothing to do w/the house and it’s horrible memories and w/zip chance of making a penny off it they’ve walked away and IMO won’t look back.

As far as the neighbors go I’m sure they are aware that house’s auction has been postponed yet again, but I’m not sure if they know why. I’m not sure I know why. I do know that some neighbors want the house destroyed altogether and turned into a park, or at least replaced w/a new house. Bank would probably prefer selling it as a scrape and build site. Others want to turn it into some sort of resource for battered women/children. Frankly the bank would probably be happy to punt and donate it for charity but it will never work as a secret-location refuge shelter. Using it for any kind of charitable purpose at all would require HOA approval and a zoning variance. That’s problematic because a fair number of people don’t want random strangers in need wandering through their neighborhood.

Then there are the handful of folks who believe it’s being kept off the market intentionally to accommodate further LE investigation. IMO if there is an ongoing investigation I highly doubt LE still needs unfettered access to the house.

I don’t really have any inside info on what’s happening now that the family has washed their hands of the property. As a local realtor my guess is a handful of neighbors are trying to work w/the county, HOA and bank to have it donated, scrapped and a park/memorial put in it’s place. Time will tell, but it may still be quite a while before anything changes.

View attachment 251820

I’ve never heard of it.

View attachment 251820

The attached is the withdrawl notice

Attachments

• oXRJzv18-03.tif.pdf
    129.7 KB · Views: 25
I live near the Kanka family (Megan Kanka of "Megans Law") and the ladies auxiliary had to purchase the Timmendequas house before they then had it torn down and the property turned in to a memory garden. The owner of the home agreed to the sale and it was fair market value if I remember correctly. I doubt the hold up from the Watt's house going to auction has anything to do with who wants it to then tear it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa