CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it ever annoy you to think that a person like this is in prison for life, he gets every single thing for free. Stuff we have to go to work every day to pay for. And no doubt his family probably gives him extra cash for commissary items.

He lays around in his cell all day. Reading his Bible. Probably watches TV, whatever else he does. Just annoys me. I want him to be dragging 50 lbs rocks all day, even if it is just from one side of the prison yard and back.

Does it ever annoy you to think that a person like this is in prison for life, he gets every single thing for free. Stuff we have to go to work every day to pay for. And no doubt his family probably gives him extra cash for commissary items.

He lays around in his cell all day. Reading his Bible. Probably watches TV, whatever else he does. Just annoys me. I want him to be dragging 50 lbs rocks all day, even if it is just from one side of the prison yard and back.

With no happy family photos on his wall.

Crime scene photos maybe.

JMO

Not really because he is cooped up in a small, confined space for 23 hours a day. I'm sure that it is very loud in prison with nowhere to escape the noise.

He has no privacy. He doesn't get much for free. He really doesn't have access to the luxuries that we have on the outside. I don't see his life as a piece of cake.

I do think that he is miserable and uses the Bible as his escape. He has to do so to cope. I kind of think that, if he could do it over again, he would get a divorce.

He took the coward's way out. I often wonder if he now thinks his little 6-week fling was worth a life in prison and the murder of his entire family.

His family will forever blame the entire situation on Shan'ann. I actually think, because his family despised Shan'ann and never really bonded with the grandkids, that may have led Chris to murder all of them to "start over" with a new person.

JMO.

Not really because he is cooped up in a small, confined space for 23 hours a day. I'm sure that it is very loud in prison with nowhere to escape the noise.

He has no privacy. He doesn't get much for free. He really doesn't have access to the luxuries that we have on the outside. I don't see his life as a piece of cake.

I do think that he is miserable and uses the Bible as his escape. He has to do so to cope. I kind of think that, if he could do it over again, he would get a divorce.

He took the coward's way out. I often wonder if he now thinks his little 6-week fling was worth a life in prison and the murder of his entire family.

His family will forever blame the entire situation on Shan'ann. I actually think, because his family despised Shan'ann and never really bonded with the grandkids, that may have led Chris to murder all of them to "start over" with a new person.

JMO.
You're right about him hating prison now, which is why he thinks he should get out now. He actually seemed quite content back in Feb 2019 during the prison interview. But he had only been in prison a couple months back then.

I actually think he pleaded guilty so fast because he was so miserable in the Weld County jail and had heard prison life would be better. And since he figured he was going to be convicted anyway, he did it for himself alone to improve his quality of life. After all, he only does anything for his own selfish reasons. IMO

Did we ever hear CW confirm that story she told about wanting him to try to save the marriage? I've been racking my brain, I remember the story only coming from her interviews with LE.

Given the photos she send him in NC I think she made that up for LE.
I agree. Imo she was young and thought only for herself. Imo it could have become a contest in a way. Who does he love more? Who does he choose? That's how it always looked to me. Not trying to knock her as I think immaturity played a huge role.
jmoo

He probably has access to weights for fitness and that he may enjoy if true IMO

He gets letters from adoring women too and probably spends time writing them back, lying to them all.
I'm sure his family writes him as well.
So, he gets a cot and 3 meals a day. He gets letters and works out. Then he reads his bible in hopes to help others. mmmm. Busy guy.
moo

JMO.

He’s probably not loving it, but I do feel like it’s quite luxurious compared to the life he gave his little family. He’s living a pretty sweet life comparatively. I do wish they would have just gave him the death sentence. He deserved it.

He gets letters from adoring women too and probably spends time writing them back, lying to them all.
I'm sure his family writes him as well.
So, he gets a cot and 3 meals a day. He gets letters and works out. Then he reads his bible in hopes to help others. mmmm. Busy guy.
moo

I have no doubt he has manipulated them into sending him cash on his commissary.

He’s probably not loving it, but I do feel like it’s quite luxurious compared to the life he gave his little family. He’s living a pretty sweet life comparatively. I do wish they would have just gave him the death sentence. He deserved it.
Yes, he definitely deserved the death sentence. Didn't he plead guilty to avoid it? It always amazes me when killers murder others; however, they fight NOT to receive the same treatment even though it will be a kinder, gentler death than their victims received.

I think a life sentence leaves him with his thoughts and regrets. I hope that he lives a long life to think about what he has done. It has to drive him crazy. He might be able to rationalize what he did to his wife. I can't believe that he can rationalize what he did to his innocent little girls.

All of this was done for his own selfish wants. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around something who seemed like a "normal" family guy snapping and killing his entire family. No "normal" guy would ever do something like this.

His wife and children loved him. Apparently, it wasn't a two-way street.

JMO.

Last edited:
Personally, the only "thoughts and regrets" CW has is how he got caught and what he should have done differently to get away with it. I have no doubt that he continues to blame his victims for his current situation.

My own opinion.

I agree. Imo she was young and thought only for herself. Imo it could have become a contest in a way. Who does he love more? Who does he choose? That's how it always looked to me. Not trying to knock her as I think immaturity played a huge role.
jmoo
At some point we become responsible for our own maturity. I would think 15+ years past puberty is enough time.

Oh, please elaborate.

The most interesting thing was that I would show them movies, to try to get them to understand victims, and to help them develop some empathy.

One discussion I remember was when I showed them the movie about Ike and Tina Turner, "What's Love Got To Do With It".

The "goal" was for them to see how Ike was abusing Tina, controlling her. Instead, they completely twisted the movie to fit their frame of reference, "Tina really "wanted" abuse". Because she never left...and she made Ike "mad" on purpose with her "attitude".

Counseling fail. But it was interesting. Believe me, six weeks of "Transition Therapy" wasn't going to ever help this crowd.

The most interesting thing was that I would show them movies, to try to get them to understand victims, and to help them develop some empathy.

One discussion I remember was when I showed them the movie about Ike and Tina Turner, "What's Love Got To Do With It".

The "goal" was for them to see how Ike was abusing Tina, controlling her. Instead, they completely twisted the movie to fit their frame of reference, "Tina really "wanted" abuse". Because she never left...and she made Ike "mad" on purpose with her "attitude".

Counseling fail. But it was interesting. Believe me, six weeks of "Transition Therapy" wasn't going to ever help this crowd.

I take notes and try to educate myself, as the ex is due for release in Jan. 2024. Thank you for replying.

Yes, he definitely deserved the death sentence. Didn't he plead guilty to avoid it? It always amazes me when killers murder others; however, they fight NOT to receive the same treatment even though it will be a kinder, gentler death than their victims received.

I think a life sentence leaves him with his thoughts and regrets. I hope that he lives a long life to think about what he has done. It has to drive him crazy. He might be able to rationalize what he did to his wife. I can't believe that he can rationalize what he did to his innocent little girls.

All of this was done for his own selfish wants. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around something who seemed like a "normal" family guy snapping and killing his entire family. No "normal" guy would ever do something like this.

His wife and children loved him. Apparently, it wasn't a two-way street.

JMO.
I can believe he can rationalize what he did to the innocent girls and I don’t think it drives him crazy, because I have experienced this type of man. Most people can not believe it is possible .My violent husband chose one child to be the victim , as well as me, and yes, I did get us out. That child committed suicide. My ex husband is still blasé about the suicide, the abuse, and my ptsd. He actually laughs and says, “well I won, didn’t I?” ( regarding destroying me and making me suffer.) So no, I don’t believe CW has a conscience, thus he has no regrets, except getting caught.

I hope to god he’s living with his actions and thoughts. That would be punishment enough to us normal folks, but I doubt that he is. He is a very twisted individual with a very twisted sense of reality. I’m sure he’s developed that warped reality even more now that he’s in prison. Maybe he has has short moments of clarity where it all comes crashing down on him and the weight is heavy enough to put a catch in his breath. I bet it ends there though sadly. He’s probably built up some heavy walls and mental defenses. Can you imagine the images he fights with. Pure evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther