CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colorado303 was at the sentencing, maybe she can tell us if that woman in the green jacket and black skirt is the sister. I remember thinking it was her back then, too. The victim's advocate spoke during the hearing and that doesn't look like the same woman.

Last edited:
Yeah. I've been here since day 1 or so. It's been a tough case to accept what happened. Or even believe it. I still can't wrap my brain around it. Very very upsetting.
But I think most of us knew pretty early on that CW had murdered his wife and all of their children.
Man, I know some mates murder their spouse but their own children? How does a person do that??????
IMO CW took it a step further by murdering his unborn son. Horrific! IMO

Yeah. I've been here since day 1 or so. It's been a tough case to accept what happened. Or even believe it. I still can't wrap my brain around it. Very very upsetting.
But I think most of us knew pretty early on that CW had murdered his wife and all of their children.
Man, I know some mates murder their spouse but their own children? How does a person do that??????
IMO CW took it a step further by murdering his unborn son. Horrific! IMO
“Aloof” doesn’t begin to describe Mama and Sis Watts’ approach to Shan’ann. On top of refusing to attend the wedding let’s remember:

o. Sister offered to send out the invitations for SW’s shower but didn’t, so almost no-showed up.

o. Sister also told CW to write a letter saying if anything happened to him Shan’ann did it.

o. Nutgate was real.

o Shann’ann reacted appropriately to Nutgate. If Mommy-in-law knowingly puts your child’s life in danger just to prove a point, it’s not overreacting to remove the child from a dangerous situation. However, Cindy used the reaction to drive a wedge between CW and Shann’ann. Refused to come to a planned birthday celebration because of it, even though opportunities to see her son and grandchildren were few and far between. She made it clear CW was going to have to choose between her or SW.

o. By all accounts Shan’ann’s relationship w/Daddy Watts had been quite good—until Nutgate. He told CW he really wanted to attend the Birthday celebration but just couldn’t because of Mama’s bad relationship w/SW. Making it clear Mama’s “it’s her or me” ultimatum was “it’s her or us”.
I have a monster in law who has over the course of decades tried to triangulate her husband and daughter against me and DH. Consequently she lost her relationship with both kiddos which is her loss. If you’ve never found yourself in such a situation you’re fortunate to never understand the harm that is done. I have no doubt my monster in law would have preferred my husband to kill me and/or kids rather than suffer with me/us in her life. It is unlike anything I had ever known and I’ve been through it in my lifetime. Some people seriously would rather you be erased so that they may continue the fantasy of some want to be life vs. reality. Unfortunately it is common and heartbreaking but fortunately most of the time we don’t end up with a similar scenario. CW and his entire family of origin should be a case study in every virtual classroom IMO

One of the things that really bothered me in the calls was how his mother said they just used that whole "victim rights thing" (only being allowed to speak at the court sentencing to give a "victim impact statement") so that they could talk to Chris. And how nothing the victim advocate said on their behalf in court was true and that Cindy's only agenda was to talk to Chris. "We only did it to talk to you." What kind of person has absolutely no regard for the actual victims (you know, the MURDER VICTIMS that included her own grandchildren), let alone NO empathy for the Rzucek family, the actual victims - whose daughter was MURDERED by Cindy's son. The casual, defiant way she scoffed at how she had to use the "victim rights thing", which again, is MEANT FOR VICTIMS OF A CRIME to speak in court, only as a way/guise to speak to Chris was so disturbing.
I am not yet a grandmother but God willing I hope to be someday. Can you imagine the total and complete disregard not only for the woman who gifted you grandchildren let alone under special circumstances? She gifted them two beautiful granddaughters and had a sweet boy safely tucked inside her. How can a woman deny her grandchildren? Living and unborn? I will never understand why people can’t just walk away despite the evil parents and siblings contributing to their justification. IMO

I am not yet a grandmother but God willing I hope to be someday. Can you imagine the total and complete disregard not only for the woman who gifted you grandchildren let alone under special circumstances? She gifted them two beautiful granddaughters and had a sweet boy safely tucked inside her. How can a woman deny her grandchildren? Living and unborn? I will never understand why people can’t just walk away despite the evil parents and siblings contributing to their justification. IMO
IIRC Cindy and Ronnie have never even publicly mentioned the existence of the fetus Niko.

@ 5:17 "The cameras do not lie". Plural, cameras, makes me believe the house security system recorded what happened.
Hi, I'm new and just found this thread. I do believe that the house security system recorded it too! Didn't I hear one of her parents say something to that effect? That what they saw in the video ..I can't remember the exact words..

@ 5:17 "The cameras do not lie". Plural, cameras, makes me believe the house security system recorded what happened.
I think he's referring to the neighbor's surveillance camera recording him backing up the truck to the garage so that he couldn't be seen. Also there is video of Shanann coming home that night but none of anyone leaving the next morning.

There were no cameras inside the house, only motion detectors. Chris claimed that while he and Shanann were arguing that night, he went to get something to drink and when he came back SW had already killed Bella. He said he had seen CeCe on the baby monitor and her face was blue. The motion detector indicated that by the time he went back upstairs there wouldn't have been time for Shannan to have killed the girls. Imo

Yes, he claimed to see CeCe on the monitor and her face was blue. He said nothing about rushing to check on her, or checking for vital signs, administering CPR or calling 911.
Of course he didn't. Because that would be what a normal person, or a decent human being of a father would naturally most likely do. Of which, unfortunately, he is neither.

Colorado303 was at the sentencing, maybe she can tell us if that woman in the green jacket and black skirt is the sister. I remember thinking it was her back then, too. The victim's advocate spoke during the hearing and that doesn't look like the same woman.
I was at the sentencing hearing but I don’t know who the woman in the green jacket is. But if @PommyMommy says she’s the sister, then odds are very very good that she’s the sister. MOO

I was at the sentencing hearing but I don’t know who the woman in the green jacket is. But if @PommyMommy says she’s the sister, then odds are very very good that she’s the sister. MOO
Yeah, that's what I thought too, but right after the sentencing I asked if that was the sister and I got conflicting answers. One poster said that she did not attend the sentencing and I thought a reporter also said she wasn't in the courtroom.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but right after the sentencing I asked if that was the sister and I got conflicting answers. One poster said that she did not attend the sentencing and I thought a reporter also said she wasn't in the courtroom.

I'm recalling the sister's best friend (?) that was acting as a liaison for the family with the court, media, etc., and that the sister stayed out of sight.

Anybody else recalling this. I want to say they had seasonal hair colors (photos together). :eek:

Need to clear my head. Not been here for some time. A truly painful case.

That's the way I remember it, but I wasn't there. I was curious what she looked like, but it was said she wasn't there. But iirc she was there the day before to talk via a monitor with her brother. Remember there was someone doing a kind of live report, someone from a FB group.

In an MSM update that also references People, RW reads his letter to Chris and it sounds to me like JW (sister) is not present at the hearing.

Chris Watts’ Parents, Cindy & Ronnie Watts: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

9/29/20

Ronnie Watts also said he forgave Chris, People reported. He said: “The Bible says if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just and will forgive us. Chris, I forgive you and your sister forgives you and we will never abandon you.”

Chris Watts' parents say they live with tragedy of losing grandkids 'every day'

10/8/2020

Ronnie and Cindy Watts, who say they will always love their murderer son despite his horrendous crimes, claim the 35-year-old killer knows "nothing" about the new program, after reports he is feeling "shame" over it being aired.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun, Cindy, 64, said: "Chris doesn't know anything about the documentary, we told him nothing about it.

"People come up with all these narratives. None of it is true. I'm living it, and I have been living it every single day for two years.

"It's nothing he hasn't lived through, he saw it, they didn't even show all the conversations that Christopher had with his dad, they didn't show anything, there was so much left out.

[..]

"Ronnie and I watched it on Saturday night. I was shocked to see videos that I thought were private of Shanann and the kids, showing me on the slip and slide in the backyard.

[..]

Ronnie, 63, added: "He has not been able to watch it [the documentary], he was never told about it or asked about it.

"It was about typical of what I thought it would be, I wasn't shocked by any of it really.

"They asked if we wanted to see it before it was released, which I declined to, [but] I wanted to see what the narrative was going to be.

"He's taking it one day at a time, just like we are. We still love our son no matter what and we miss our grand babies. We're trying to move forward but it's a very hard task."

[..]

"He has moved into general population and has a job now, but I can't talk about that any further," Ronnie added.

His former confidante, Cheryln Cadle, a true crime author who is releasing a new book, The Murders of Christopher Watts, after writing to him and visiting him in prison, has also watched the program.

[..]

Cheryln last spoke to Watts late last year and admits their conversation "wasn't the friendliest" after a communication breakdown, and she still has dreams about being face-to-face with the murderer.

"By that time I was just kind of sick of his stunts, trying to control the narrative," she told The Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member