Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frederick, CO

UPDATE 8/16 11:45 AM: Below is a summary of the facts stated at the Shanann Watts investigation press conference. The case is still ongoing and all questions referencing this investigation should now be directed to the Weld County District Attorney's Office at 970-356-4010.
The Frederick Police Department received a missing person call just before 2:00 pm, on Monday, August 13, 2018.

The Frederick Police Department launched an investigation, conducting interviews, neighborhood canvases in an effort to locate Shanann and her girls, Bella and Celeste.

The Frederick Police Department contacted the FBI and the CBI to assist in the case. In addition to providing investigative agents and crime scene responders, a Missing Endangered Alert was announced on Tuesday afternoon.

Frederick PD conducted additional canvases where flyers featuring Shanann, Celeste and Bella were distributed to the community.

In the late hours of Wednesday evening, Chris Watts was taken into custody and was transported to the Weld County Jail just after 11:30 p.m. He is scheduled for a bond hearing later today.

Did you all notice how much HE has changed in the past few years? He was much heavier, and now, buff and muscular. I think he was on a mission for a mistress, or trying to compete with her.
I noted that early on. Actually, both of them look very fit and youthful compared to their wedding photos from 5 years ago. I believe SW really believed in the Product she was marketing, and without knowing anything about it and/or her, they seemed a good testimonial for it. MOO

Sorry to be so grim :

What the hell did he do to the bodies of his children ?
That wording seems to imply they were buried in a suitcase, or something more sinister.
Did he have access to any heavy equipment at his workplace ?
Are they buried deep in the ground ?

I wouldn't put anything past him at this point.

As far as motive : Life Ins. ?
Affair ?
Possibility of Divorce , due to abuse of her and/or the girls ?
Thrill kill ?

A few pages back, there's a link to news video on FB from a Fox station. It's footage from a news helicopter flying in the area east of Frederick. In the video they zeroed in on one site where LE was blocking all traffic. They were working on a culvert underneath a road, looked like a 2 lane, black top county road. The culvert was for a canal or creek. Partially filled with water.

ETA: Here's the link

I noted that early on. Actually, both of them look very fit and youthful compared to their wedding photos from 5 years ago. I believe SW really believed in the Product she was marketing, and without knowing anything about it and/or her, they seemed a good testimonial for it. MOO
She did mention in a FB post that she had joined a gym and was
working out. that could be why they both looked healthier if he
joined also.

This is what they said in the press conference three hours ago...
I hope they have actually laid eyes on the girls but I'm not sure this is actually any additional news.
I don't see an actual update anywhere saying that they have FOUND the girls...

(Especially considering this is not a local news site.)
So are you saying Kwwl is not MSN or just that is from Eastern Iowa?? They updated the article when th eFox 29 helicopter was over a site on the oil field...I have been looking on twitter and agre
@Seattle1 said:
MISLEADING -- girls have NOT been recovered.

UPDATE: Bodies of Colorado family found on oil property

Exactly -- That report is from IOWA News station!
The article is ure misleading! In the top paragraph it clearly states as an update that they have been found. Yet in the second paragraph, yet to be recovered. My apologies!

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 7:28 AM EDTUpdated: Aug 16, 2018 2:24 PM EDT

FREDERICK, Colo. (AP) -

UPDATE: Authorities say bodies believed to be a pregnant woman and her two young children were found on the property of one of Colorado's largest oil and gas drillers where her husband used to work.

John Camper, director of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, told reporters Thursday that investigators have found Shanann Watts' body and were trying to recover what they believe are the bodies of 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste from Anadarko Petroleum Corp. property.

Sorry to be so grim :

What the hell did he do to the bodies of his children ?
That wording seems to imply they were buried in a suitcase, or something more sinister.
Did he have access to any heavy equipment at his workplace ?
Are they buried deep in the ground ?

I wouldn't put anything past him at this point.

As far as motive : Life Ins. ?
Affair ?
Possibility of Divorce , due to abuse of her and/or the girls ?
Thrill kill ?

One of the reasons the little girls might be harder to find:

I hope LE does thorough forensic investigations on both girls. Especially for sexual molestation. Any one who would kill their little girls would do anything to them, MOO.

I tried posting my thoughts related to HOA court date and BK filing. I don't think I did it right. Anyway, They filed for CH7 after they moved into the home. Based on my own experience during the financial crises in 2009-??? You CAN file and still keep your home along with any accounts you intend to keep. Having said that, you can also NOT reinstate your mortgage. Meaning: If they cannot pay it anymore they can walk away and the bank cannot recoup any losses from them. I feel it ties into the HOA situation. I feel it may explain their sudden financial "upswing".

In that helicopter flight it showed from Longmont to Greeley, from Greeley to Ft. Collins...I even saw a bit of Kersey in it. They were searching essentially the entire front range and I saw nothing that looked like police working a burial site. I did see what appeared to be a County work crew working a culvert, as it appeared the water had damaged the road making it unsafe. That is all I really saw. IMHO

I'm so confused about that helicopter video from the Houston FOX affiliate. At first, it seems like they were at a crime scene, with the earth-moving equipment next to the canal, black LE vehicle and white (Anadarko?) pick-up trucks, and re-routing the traffic away. Now it feels like they're just randomly flying around NoCo for an hour? What's everyone's take?

In that helicopter flight it showed from Longmont to Greeley, from Greeley to Ft. Collins...I even saw a bit of Kersey in it. They were searching essentially the entire front range and I saw nothing that looked like police working a burial site. I did see what appeared to be a County work crew working a culvert, as it appeared the water had damaged the road making it unsafe. That is all I really saw. IMHO
Ok, thanks. I guess I'm not alone. ETA: Pretty sure I saw Ft. Morgan too :rolleyes:

Ugh I’m in this area right now.

ETA: if I passed this guy on the street or met him I never would have suspected...

What on earth caused him to snap?

This is just unbelievable.

Did he kill the girls in their sleep? I hope they didn’t know what was happening..

Last edited:
I tried posting my thoughts related to HOA court date and BK filing. I don't think I did it right. Anyway, They filed for CH7 after they moved into the home. Based on my own experience during the financial crises in 2009-??? You CAN file and still keep your home along with any accounts you intend to keep. Having said that, you can also NOT reinstate your mortgage. Meaning: If they cannot pay it anymore they can walk away and the bank cannot recoup any losses from them. I feel it ties into the HOA situation. I feel it may explain their sudden financial "upswing".
OR they could have stopped paying their bills and had extra cash.
I've seen and heard of people "planning to file BK and go on a spending spree on their credit cards or apply and get new credit
cards and go wild racking up the bills till they're cut off.
Then when BK is filed, you can see they had 15 credit cards, all
maxed out for frivolous purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads