Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pg 5 of Affidavit

Last paragraph

Sgt Hysjulien contacted (redacted) who said that she had last talked to Suzanne on the night of May 9th

How? Not on Suzanne's phone it seems?

That is interesting. The footnote says there is no electronic records of Suzanne communicating by any means with anyone after 14:11 on May 9, 2020 when she sends her last message to JL.

In my opinion, it's clearly redacting Mallory. It's possible SM didn't see MM1 when she dropped off MM2, and hadn't seen her since April.

That's very, very interesting..

I was up so late reading AA and woke up sick today!
Although the AA only had little details (as opposed to “smoking gun”) I am just at a loss to see how anyone COULD give him the benefit of the doubt. I’m truly offended by the notion.

All of the calculation, all of the moving around and preparations he took, and no doubt the months and months of absorbing forensic studies and processing the best way to leave ZERO traces (he told them over and over there would be nothing? He was so confident)

I was blown away by a couple things- his comfort in his sexism is deplorable.. the way he views women and their sexual/familial/financial obligation was absolutely mortifying to read, the fact he uttered these aloud to the agents was shocking!

But also- he’s so stupid! I had no idea he was as dumb as he is- the way he speaks in circles and contradictions and hypocrisy kept me laughing (through the sadness of course) but I was floored to see just how basic and unintelligible his thoughts are. His constant attempts at deflection and manipulation were so easy to see right through.

I really hope prosecution gets extra help! They have enough for a conviction, but only if they get someone who can contend with his bull-headed defense team.

Moo!
BBM

His stupidity blows me away too. I had the general impression he wasn’t too bright but the AA really illustrates how incredibly ignorant he is.

Juries are always a crap shoot. There may not be a smoking gun but the totality of evidence adds up to Suzanne being dead and Barry being responsible. IMO the biggest obstacle for the State will be the random SODDIs the defense is sure to bring in.

Prediction - Barry is scheming how he’s going to get out of spending a long time in jail. He’s a hunter and now he gets to make a plan, and he kind of enjoys the challenge. He’s got a couple options. 1) Make a run for it. 2) Make a stand and go out in a blaze of glory 3) Take his chances in front of a jury

All options are on the table.

Well one things for sure, he's certainly obsessed with mines and rivers. That damn bobcat though, I KNOW he used it, he had too.

I've had some thoughts on the bobcat and I need to look up the make and model. I wonder if the disconnecting the battery in his truck to get around the "black box" log was a trial run to disconnect the GPS tracking in the Bobcat?

I've not heard of the 'Monkey' app before yesterday.
Had a little Google about it today

Monkey App: An Inappropriate Teen App Not Safe To Use! (Revealed)

Found this - odd that BM would use it, imo, seeing though he was a 50+ married fella with a 'perfect' marriage

Can think of a few reasons why he would have it, none of them particularly nice - but based on typical age group of users in this article am wondering whether he was spying on all the females in his house.

moo

That is interesting. The footnote says there is no electronic records of Suzanne communicating by any means with anyone after 14:11 on May 9, 2020 when she sends her last message to JL.

In my opinion, it's clearly redacting Mallory. It's possible SM didn't see MM1 when she dropped off MM2, and hadn't seen her since April.

Prosecution will use that lie to show nothing she says can be trusted.

I won't pretend to understand exactly what that section of the AA is talking about, but it seems somewhat unlikely to me that it's a burner phone. If Barry got a burner phone in an effort to conceal things from LE, why would he repeatedly be 'associating' it with his normal phone? That would seem to defeat the purpose.

I almost wonder if he had 2 active sim cards though and would swap one in occasionally? That would explain the 2 separate user IDs and how they were 'associated' with his device. And why they refer to one as the 'primary User ID.' I'm not sure why he'd do that though. Are text messages/call logs stored on the sim card itself? If so, then maybe he had an alternate sim card for calls/texts he didn't want Suzanne to see, and he'd just swap it in before making them and remove it when he was done. Then there'd be no record of the calls or texts if SM checked his phone (which he says she did frequently).
Depending on his phone provider and models of his trail cams he could have been been swapping out SIM cards between those devices…and maybe other reasons but that came to mind first

Agree its MM1

Been pondering the timeline of events - she either didn't talk to Suzanne that night which makes me wonder why she said she had - don't want to tread that path tbh, feel she would have been manipulated by BM or she did speak to Suzanne but certainly not via Suzanne's phone, and not BM's either due to airplane mode, no landline which leaves maybe Facetime or WhatsApp calls from another device such as iPad etc?
If she did talk to Suzanne, at what time? Cos then I believe BM most likely has tranquilized her, imo, but maybe not between 2.44 - 2.48 time, unless effects of tranquilliser wore off by the time this alledged conversation occurred, but Suzanne would appear muddled/disoriented, wouldnt she? That would work for BM though, seeing though he states Suzanne drinks/takes drugs

Idk, it's bugging me now!

Ebm - just making it clear , I do believe BM chased Suzanne, tranquilized her, caused her death and hid her. Most likely starting approx 2.45pm.
Am just looking at comments documented in AA and considering scenarios around those comments

Last edited:
I was up so late reading AA and woke up sick today!
Although the AA only had little details (as opposed to “smoking gun”) I am just at a loss to see how anyone COULD give him the benefit of the doubt. I’m truly offended by the notion.

All of the calculation, all of the moving around and preparations he took, and no doubt the months and months of absorbing forensic studies and processing the best way to leave ZERO traces (he told them over and over there would be nothing? He was so confident)

I was blown away by a couple things- his comfort in his sexism is deplorable.. the way he views women and their sexual/familial/financial obligation was absolutely mortifying to read, the fact he uttered these aloud to the agents was shocking!

But also- he’s so stupid! I had no idea he was as dumb as he is- the way he speaks in circles and contradictions and hypocrisy kept me laughing (through the sadness of course) but I was floored to see just how basic and unintelligible his thoughts are. His constant attempts at deflection and manipulation were so easy to see right through.

I really hope prosecution gets extra help! They have enough for a conviction, but only if they get someone who can contend with his bull-headed defense team.

Moo!

I agree IMO the man is a total intellectual simpleton - albeit a cunning manipulative street smart one.

He is so Neanderthal in his views on gender that he should be prosecuted on those alone

Regardless tho and most importantly after reading the AA , what are the odds that she died in any other way but at the hands of this guy?
Given that all her communications stopped/were suspended in mid air when BM got home that Saturday -
By BM’s own admission , they were the only two at the house until he left the next day -
Just a few minutes after he arrived home she was never heard from again. Never heard from again. Let that sink in.

I don’t have any worries with the evidence.

But as many of us have said, over and over again on these threads, the prosecution needs to up their game and even the playing field when it comes to the presentation of their evidence.

Meet fire with fire

You never know for sure how a jury will go. Take a look at our discussions here. Many people are convinced he did it, but there are a number of WS’ers who don’t think there’s proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Those are the folks that need to be convinced or BM will get acquitted at the worst or a hung jury at the least.
I was told many years ago, when newspapers were our major source of news, that articles were written to an eighth grade level to make them understandable to most people.
This is how the facts have to be presented in this case. It needs to be a story.

There is a specific plot structure that most stories follow. In fact, there are six main plot parts: exposition, conflict, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution.
partoftheplot-beginning-middle-end-663378_orig.png

1. Exposition
The exposition is the introduction to the story. Characters and setting are introduced.

2. Conflict
The conflict is the primary problem that drives the plot of the story, often a main goal for the main character to achieve or overcome.

3. Rising action
In rising action, the story becomes complicated. The main character is in crisis and there are multiple moments of conflict that escalate and create tension.

4. Climax
The climax is the peak of the action. At this point, the main character confront the big conflict. The most action, drama, change, and excitement occurs here. A choice must be made that will affect the rest of the story.

5. Falling action
In falling action, the conflict that arose as a result of the climax can start being resolved. The story begins to slow down and complications begin to resolve.

6. Resolution
The resolution is the end of the story and it brings the story to its happy or tragic ending. The conflict from the climax has been resolved and there is a new sense of normalcy for the characters.

Main parts of a plot in a story

The jurors need to be able to follow the plot and think that the conclusion is believable and true.
It is important in this case that the Prosecution keeps the Defense in check and doesn’t let them run off with confusing story lines. The defense will throw out all kinds of confusing facts about DNA and data bits until the jurors are rolling their eyes and falling asleep.
The Prosecutor will need to wake them up and explain clearly and concisely why the defense is incorrect.
A circumstantial case can be a big bore to some jurors. They are suspicious of this type of evidence. They want the smoking gun.
It is the prosecutor’s duty to make this case interesting, factual but not confusing, and clear as to the guilt of the defendant. If our prosecutor in this case can do that, we will have a conviction on Murder 1.

From your lips to the prosecution's ears! They have a lot of work to do to clean up their case but I agree it is definitely doable.

RBBM
I think you might be on to something here @StarrDetective.
Also regarding BBM above, iirc 5/12/20 is the day BM was caught going through the trash outside the Poncha Market after hours. Perhaps he wasn’t trying to retrieve something but possibly dumping something in that trash, pushing it down under other trash trying to conceal it. Did he possibly dump a Burner phone on 5/12/20 in the PM trash?
Hmmm could be, they’re small and would be fairly easy to conceal under other trash.
Gee, BM caught with his hands in the trash on the same day a 2nd device ceases to have associations with BM’s iPhone. Curious indeed.

Speaking of trash, seems to be a fairly common theme in this case, not the least of which and dirtiest, nastiest piece of trash of all- BM himself.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Can someone dial us up another look at Barry leaving the courthouse(s)?

Is he wearing MAKE UP?!!!!!

I thought he looked markedly different too, almost feminized and shrunken...which makes me wonder if he was "juicing" and in jail he no longer had access to whatever he was taking. Might also help explain his widely described "explosive temper." We know he was fond of working out and in many pics he seemed quite muscular.

You know, if Barry blamed occupational hazards for his highly suspicious injuries, we could pretend to buy that.

He said he got them from a tree, while on the hike. And didn't he also say be got them while searching for her? Sure seems solid he got them in association with Suzanne, per his own mouth.

He missed an opportunity to drag the housecat into his island of misfit stories.

Wish we could ask him: Barry, you say you got those scratches while hiking, what if we don't believe you were hiking?

Maybe didya get 'em during that same exact time frame, just not from hiking?

I think we have to ask ourselves what he was doing when he was that close to Suzanne, that she would've been clawing at his arm.

Perhaps he commit one last crime before the fatal one.

JMO

I'm reasonably certain that he sexually assaulted her on the 9th.
He was too obsessed with sex and her being molested. I was leaning that his assertions that they had sex that night were indication that he probably showed her just exactly who she belonged to before she died. But having seen multiple references to her being molested by a captor in these interviews and a lot of avoidance to what he saw the last time he saw her, I'm at around 80% sure he raped her.

I'm reasonably certain that he sexually assaulted her on the 9th.
He was too obsessed with sex and her being molested. I was leaning that his assertions that they had sex that night were indication that he probably showed her just exactly who she belonged to before she died. But having seen multiple references to her being molested by a captor in these interviews and a lot of avoidance to what he saw the last time he saw her, I'm at around 80% sure he raped her.

Thank you for saying this, I kept forgetting to mention it. There is no doubt in my mind he raped her before he killed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz