Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would think they should try to recall her except probably not worth it considering next election is this year and she won't be running.
Since she won’t be running again, is there now a real possibility BM can be tried in the county Suzanne’s body was found in with a new prosecutor?

Since she won’t be running again, is there now a real possibility BM can be tried in the county Suzanne’s body was found in with a new prosecutor?
Sure. But I don't think any Prosecutor will take this case until they feel it's winnable. We don't even know if a second attempt would still be murder 1 or they would try and go for a lesser crime of passion type charge. We have no idea if LE has turned up any new evidence. I have to assume someone in LE somewhere has started at the beginning and is searching for missing pieces that would directly connect Barry to Suzanne's murder and ensuring that every loophole that it could be someone else is sewn completely shut.

Sure. But I don't think any Prosecutor will take this case until they feel it's winnable. We don't even know if a second attempt would still be murder 1 or they would try and go for a lesser crime of passion type charge. We have no idea if LE has turned up any new evidence. I have to assume someone in LE somewhere has started at the beginning and is searching for missing pieces that would directly connect Barry to Suzanne's murder and ensuring that every loophole that it could be someone else is sewn completely shut.
Of course, that’s a given. I should have made my question clearer. I only asked the question because Stanley isn’t running for re-election.

If LE and FBI go through what they already have, with any new evidence and Suzanne’s body being found, would BM be charged in the county where she was found and get a new prosecutor? I do realize that is a hypothetical since a new DA would have to make the decision to charge him.

No doubt in my mind the case is winnable. He just had NO REASON to lie like he did when his wife (“angel”) was missing and they had a “perfect” marriage.

True. Sheriff Spezze came to odds with the DA before LS. He wanted to charge BM and felt Turner was too cautious.

BM's Words to LE.
On this SM case, I was reminded yesterday while listening to some of Mr. John Meador’s close in the double murder trial of Alex Murdaugh. He spoke eloquently of what was real, and what was not real or believable. And someone posted on one of these SM threads but I won’t find it…… an ‘innocent’ individual won’t really realize what they should or should not know about a crime sequence of events. Just as a guilty individual, will tend to over compensate and have incessant answers for all. The guilty individual will not realize ‘what they shouldn’t know’. I hope this also comes to bear in this case. MOO
@I am not Sherlock H. Thanks for your terrific post.
^ One of the best Big Picture Posts I've read about crim cases.
Seems custom written about BM. Gotta repeat it. :)

"... an ‘innocent’ individual won’t really realize what they should or should not know about a crime sequence of events. Just as a guilty individual, will tend to over compensate and have incessant answers for all. The guilty individual will not realize ‘what they shouldn’t know’."

I was just watching a video on instagram where a reporter live on air, mistakes a mountain lion for a dog, as it casually walks past her. It just reminded me of the fact that a mountain lion didn’t kidnap Suzanne, as Barry alleged.

Carry on.

"... an ‘innocent’ individual won’t really realize what they should or should not know about a crime sequence of events. Just as a guilty individual, will tend to over compensate and have incessant answers for all. The guilty individual will not realize ‘what they shouldn’t know’."
”Let me tell you what happened.”

”Let me tell you what happened.”

It really is clear when you listen to him. He doesn't even sound concerned. If I was talking to a reporter about how a mountain lion drags their kill up the hill or about my spouse being abducted by someone while bike riding.. he's just talking as if what he says is fact and like he's trying to "clear it up all about why it isn't him"... I wouldn't even be worried about anyone thinking it was me.

Tyson askes if the bike was right against the tree

Barry " oh no it was on the ground and the wheel was facing... then he cuts himself off and says the sheriffs department messed it all up.

I was in Denver..

Tyson asks him about how long it took before they realized she was missing.. and Barry stumbles on his words and can't seem to get started then he goes into a long story about why he was working and his girls were on their way home..

Why does he need to tell him his friend is a ranger with 400 tours..
why does he need to say what a mountain lion would do if it took her and about the tracks they could follow, but because it rained.. messed it all up
Why does he say if someone abducted her there would be foot tracks
why does he need to say LE messed it all up allowing 10 people to touch her bike

Why?

Because, when he arrived back in Maysville, the bike had been moved from its original position. Barry  couldn't have seen it positioned with the wheel one way or another unless he'd seen it before the officer moved it.

Big fat oops.

JMO

Why?

Because, when he arrived back in Maysville, the bike had been moved from its original position. Barry  couldn't have seen it positioned with the wheel one way or another unless he'd seen it before the officer moved it.

Big fat oops.

JMO
Yes or someone told him and he remembered it when talking to Tyson. If I recall Tyson was on the original lengthy potential witness list which would make sense if prosecution had thoughts of using his video. I can't recall how many days after Suzanne went missing that Tyson showed up on the scene. I just remember it was fairly soon.

Just popping in to say, I sure do hope BM is living his life with one eye looking over his shoulder at all times. He knows he killed Suzanne, and so does pretty much everyone else so, it's just a matter of time. It'll be a sweet justice kind of day when he's re-arrested, re-charged and then off to the cage, for good.

jmo
Yes, tick tock BM.....

Yes, but what triggered him? Did he come home angry? If so, why?
She told him that previous Wednesday she was leaving him - and he knew that this time there was no talking her out of it. The girls were out of town and it was his perfect opportunity to kill her.
Because nobody leaves BM.
She was his prized "possession" his trophy. And he was not about to face the humiliation of a divorce not to mention the change in lifestyle and economics.
I also believe he knew about the affair with their former classmate Jeff. No way he was losing to him. And facing that embarrassment/humiliation.
Pretty standard stuff in these threads actually unfortunately
Th old "If I cannot have you nobody will"
JMO

Last edited:
Would think they should try to recall her except probably not worth it considering next election is this year and she won't be running.
If the people wanted her gone there would be a petition circulating now or there would have been a recall quite a while ago IMO.
I don't recall even hearing of a petition circulating to achieve that.
Its the media, some at IA bidding I believe, that shreds Linda along with her suppossed peers in office aka "the good ole boys" and lets not forget her loving sister who perhpas kicked off the campaign.

IMO these articles are not helpful and not constructive - they further erode her credibility. How has all this back stabbing of Linda - granted some well deserved- help bring justice for the people in that district. How has any of this media push been constructive criticim.
Discredit Linda and make no mistake you discredit the investigation in to Barry Morphew.
There is a method to their madness IMO
JMO
Edit to add - There was a saying early on about Salada made by a local to the effect that "the mountain holds secrets"
I use a picture of that very same mountain as my avatar for that reason. There is a story to be told. Maybe Linda will write a book and touch upon some of those secrets.
I am certain a good investigative journalist ( are there any left) would have a field day out that way. I ony wish I was in a poistion to do it. JMO

Last edited:
She told him that previous Wednesday she was leaving him - and he knew that this time there was no talking her out of it. The girls were out of town and it was his perfect opportunity to kill her.
Because nobody leaves BM.
She was his prized "possession" his trophy. And he was not about to face the humiliation of a divorce not to mention the change in lifestyle and economics.
I also believe he knew about the affair with their former classmate Jeff. No way he was losing to him. And facing that embarrassment/humiliation.
Pretty standard stuff in these threads actually unfortunately
Th old "If I cannot have you nobody will"
JMO

Whole wars have been fought over this - a tale as old as time.

(I am thinking of Helen trying to run off with Paris).

If the people wanted her gone there would be a petition circulating now or there would have been a recall quite a while ago IMO.
I don't recall even hearing of a petition circulating to achieve that.
Its the media, some at IA bidding I believe, that shreds Linda along with her suppossed peers in office aka "the good ole boys" and lets not forget her loving sister who perhpas kicked off the campaign.

IMO these articles are not helpful and not constructive - they further erode her credibility. How has all this back stabbing of Linda - granted some well deserved- help bring justice for the people in that district. How has any of this media push been constructive criticim.
Discredit Linda and make no mistake you discredit the investigation in to Barry Morphew.
There is a method to their madness IMO
JMO
Edit to add - There was a saying early on about Salada made by a local to the effect that "the mountain holds secrets"
I use a picture of that very same mountain as my avatar for that reason. There is a story to be told. Maybe Linda will write a book and touch upon some of those secrets.
I am certain a good investigative journalist ( are there any left) would have a field day out that way. I ony wish I was in a poistion to do it. JMO
I wish Lauren would write a book. Jmo

1706548258060.png
1706548689147.png
1706548403590.png
There are no doubt various factors affecting the signal status at any given time (atmospheric conditions, position in vehicle, phone capabilities, varying signal strength) but taken at face value, it would suggest that if Suzanne’s phone was driven west to Garfield in the wee hour of Mother’s Day, 2020, it would have connected to the tower and pinged only when it reached Garfield (going further west the signal is lost again). This would imply that Mr. Morphew took Suzanne’s phone to at least Garfield (possibly a bit further west) where it was discarded. This is consistent with (1), Suzanne’s phone being missing, (2), the location of the last ping 11.5 miles west of the Poncha Springs Cell Tower (Arrest Affidavit p. 5), (3), the reception data I observed, and last but not least, (4), the prime suspect in the murder being in the Garfield area around the time of the last ping (by his own admission, Arrest Affidavit p. 7, footnote 10).

Subject to the application of more substantive forensic methods, I submit that these observations comprise very compelling circumstantial evidence supporting the allegation that Mr. Morphew killed his wife.

Attachments

• 1706548326745.png
    1706548326745.png
    344.5 KB · Views: 10
True Crime Tour – Day 2

After enjoying an evening in Salida, I travelled the route from the former Morphew residence on Puma Path to the burial/dump site south of Moffat. [Side Note: I can recommend the pie at Moonlight Pizza, which, you may recall, figured tangentially in Mr. Morphew’s “explanations” for his various actions during the days leading up to Suzanne’s murder, Arrest Affidavit pages 22, 90.]

Google shows the route requiring 53 minutes (52 miles) but it can easily be travelled in far less. From Poncha Pass to Moffat is a arrow-straight road in excellent condition and I was able to travel this stretch comfortably at 90 mph (though I didn’t maintain that speed for the entire way due to LE concerns). Travelling late at night (say well after midnight) when concerns about LE would be minimal, it would be possible to travel at a speed of 100 +/-. So, if in the early morning hours of Mother’s Day, 2020 Mr. Morphew was in a hurry, as one might surmise, he could have made the round trip in 80 minutes or less. This would have given him more time to clean up the house and/or stage evidence.

I also observed that along the route below Poncha Pass there are few if any places to pull off the highway that aren’t gated or have a business/ranch/house close by. Presumably, one wouldn’t want to dig a shallow grave anywhere near an area where human ingress and egress was common (it would be more likely to be quickly discovered). All of the stretch of the road from the pass down to Moffat is fenced on both sides.

The burial site off County Road R, about a mile south of Moffat is the first turnoff I saw that doesn’t lead to an area of human activity. Whether this was a selection criterion on the fly or was a spot known to the perpetrator in advance, is not clear to me, however, something seems to be going on in the area where Suzanne was left.

There is currently an old, trashed, abandoned trailer and two shipping containers just off the road within about 100 feet of the burial site but with no power so, no lights (photo below).
1706549477976.png

The trailer and containers do not show up on the current google earth or google map satellite views (which are dated 2024). Moreover, there is a very recently built, secured fence around these features (pic below) and I noted two survey flags (?marking evidence locations?) inside the fenced area (photo below). What this is all about, I haven’t a clue.
1706550427509.png
1706550472264.png
A couple other observations of the burial location:
  • Looking around there is a lot of very old metal trash including cans, pots, bottles and the 1923 license plate shown below. There were also some hunting remains (a severed hoof and cleanly cut leg bone) suggesting hunters may have used the area.
  • The soil at least to a depth of about a foot is a very soft silty material; very easy to dig. This suggests the shallow depth of burial may have been due to an extreme rush, not difficulty digging.
1706551163168.png 1706551201520.png1706551282659.png1706551357081.png1706551521638.png
I’m sure LE has thoroughly evaluated this area and may have found some significant evidence (circumstantial or otherwise).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz