Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cracked Bedroom Door Frame?

snipped for focus @Momofthreeboys
As ^ says: "It was a pretty simply vertical crack."
IDKnow how or when door frame was cracked.

Ppl have used force to break doors & locks so they can injure or kill spouses, S/O's, GF's, BF's, etc. in the past. Sadly ppl still do that and will continue to do that.

As ^ says: "It was a pretty simply vertical crack."

Seems trying to use photo of this specific cracked door frame as evidence that this husband tried to break in to bedroom to inflict injury on this wife--- either specifically on Mother's Day weekend 2020 or on another unknown date or year --- would be --- well, rather lame, imo.

Editted for clarity.
Even a vertical crack on a solid wood door requires some force. IMO

Can anyone clarify why B was chasing S around the house? Why did she need to lock the bedroom door?
BM said he was shooting squirrels. He just loves shooting them, he's killed about 85 according to him, chases them around the house picking them off with his gun. Those evil, life threatening squirrels who are just living in their homes, the woods.

I can think of only 2 reasons Suzanne would have locked her MB door, 1) for privacy or 2) for protection from a raging bull aka BM.

MOO

A Simple Crack?
@girlhasnoname
Most likely human force - maybe BM himself - caused the crack, but even fluctuating humidity can cause wood to crack.

FWIW, IIRC the crack was in the door frame (possibly a side jamb?), not the door itself.

MOO I think BM just strangled her and got her in a cooler immediately.
Then had hours to machinate a plan.
I don’t think there was a ‘chase’. I still think the phone is key and the reason why she and the phone went missing.

It was interesting to reread the AA on this point.

Grusing asks Barry about 2 scenarios. The first is if he was looking for someone. Then he asks if BM was maybe chasing something.

It was actually Barry who said he was chasing something with a gun - not the prosecution. Somehow from there it has assumed the prosecution have a hard to prove theory that he came home and chased SM into the bedroom.

But IMO they never were committed to that theory at all in an evidential sense

I think they would have simply pointed out the data, and both those possible explanations - then (as they do in the AA) simply point out what BM himself says happened.

IMO it is just as likely he was looking for her. Grusing's testimony would have been really important here, because that seems to be what he thought might have been the case.
What was he shooting the squirrels/chipmunks? with? Would such a shot have fatally wounded a human?

A Simple Crack?

@girlhasnoname
Most likely human force - maybe BM himself - caused the crack, but even fluctuating humidity can cause wood to crack.

FWIW, IIRC the crack was in the door frame (possibly a side jamb?), not the door itself.
When someone pounds on a locked door with extreme force, it can likely split the lock plate/jamb first, the weakest point. I believe there were pictures of the door weren't there? I'll try and look for them for us

ETA: The owners who sold the Morphews the house said it was not cracked when it was sold to them.

MOO

When someone pounds on a locked door with extreme force, it can likely split the lock plate/jamb first, the weakest point. I believe there were pictures of the door weren't there? I'll try and look for them for us

ETA: The owners who sold the Morphews the house said it was not cracked when it was sold to them.

MOO
The most damning thing isn’t so much the crack itself, but the fact that Barry claimed not to have noticed it. There is just no way that’s possible, as it’s conspicuous.

All Barry had to say was that it had been there for a while, and it would have lost almost all of its evidentiary value.

I think he busted down that door, and that bullet round on the floor is related in some way (Suzanne was trying to load a gun perhaps).

I think it would have been terrifying also whenever it happened. IF it was prior to May 9th, 2020 then I feel she would have told Sheila about it. She told her about other times she was scared of him. I think it had to be that day and Suzanne must have been terrified. :(

MOO
Was the photo in the AA?

The most damning thing isn’t so much the crack itself, but the fact that Barry claimed not to have noticed it. There is just no way that’s possible, as it’s conspicuous.

All Barry had to say was that it had been there for a while, and it would have lost almost all of its evidentiary value.

I think he busted down that door, and that bullet round on the floor is related in some way (Suzanne was trying to load a gun perhaps).
Much of the damning evidence is damning because of Barry's own words. He told us he was chasing chipmunks around the house, he said he was hunting for that darn several day old turkey carcus (WHY?), he said he was on the job site with workers present, he said went for a walk, or wait was it a shared steak dinner and love making? He said he was in bed sleeping by 9.. yet he wasn't..

If he had an actual story that made any sense to explain much of the "evidence" it wouldn't be damning. Yet he just couldn't help himself.. the perfect marriage, the perfect husband.. just providing for his family and all. But it wasn't, he wasn't..

Like you said, the door frame isn't a big deal if he says it happened 3 months back and if his girls remembered it being cracked 3 months back. The lie about working isn't that big of a deal if he just would have said I was in the hotel room sleeping or whatever, but he lied. If he said honestly his marriage was in trouble so he left early, didn't want to be home, just watched TV in the hotel, wanted to give Suzanne space.. something other than all those lies about how perfect it all was.. but it wasn't and it's so obvious because he lied about every single thing.

Well take that back he told the truth when he said all he had left was hunting. Hunting and his bobcat.

The phone data just shows running around. He could looking for her. Only the police have location data from SMs phone at the time.

There is no real location data for SMs phone AFAIK - only cellular tower positioning. With BM they could recoverer the passive GPS positioning data but they don't have SMs handset to do that

On this SM case, I was reminded yesterday while listening to some of Mr. John Meador’s close in the double murder trial of Alex Murdaugh. He spoke eloquently of what was real, and what was not real or believable. And someone posted on one of these SM threads but I won’t find it…… an ‘innocent’ individual won’t really realize what they should or should not know about a crime sequence of events. Just as a guilty individual, will tend to over compensate and have incessant answers for all. The guilty individual will not realize ‘what they shouldn’t know’. I hope this also comes to bear in this case. MOO

Just popping in to say, I sure do hope BM is living his life with one eye looking over his shoulder at all times. He knows he killed Suzanne, and so does pretty much everyone else so, it's just a matter of time. It'll be a sweet justice kind of day when he's re-arrested, re-charged and then off to the cage, for good.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member