Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have these nagging doubts as well as to why he hasn't been arrested yet, but let's remain cautiously optimistic that it will happen soon.
Wonder if Barry is having sleepless nights waiting for that knock on the door or is he so sure of himself after getting away with it once that it just doesn't enter his mind that another arrest is even possible?
I don't know... very hard to figure out what's going on with him. His lawyers have probably instilled a sense of invincibility in him.

If I was him I'd be off buying a new passport and heading for the hills.. his legal bills must be off the Richter scale by now.

I know this is the autopsy so it isn't meant to give detailed info on the items found with the body.. just indicate what was found and brought in with the body. I am curious if this bullet happens to match the bullet found on the bedroom floor. If she was trying to get to a gun and load it, maybe one of those bullets was in her sweatshirt pocket and one dropped on the floor. If that bullet was found IN the grave that would be telling. If it's unfired and matches one from the bedroom floor that might paint a better picture.
"One weathered bullet"??????

Thoughts?
To me, "weathered" = oxidized brass, and would denote an unfired round. I suspect the inventory term "bullet" was inartfully described. Were it the "projectile" part of a bullet, would not one expect it be additionally detailed as most likely steel, copper or lead composition?
Further, were it actually a projectile, and relevant because it was fired in the vicinity searched, would not one anticipate its correlative casing would have been found as well?:oops:
Of course, and I heartily agree, it would be greater glaze on the Barrman's muffins if it "matched" the round found by LE on the marital bedroom carpet:p.

She does sound ridiculous. And sickening. Her outright lies and mis-splanations should not be tolerated by any court, anywhere.

I believe she dreamt up the scheme to have SD hire a lawyer with a connection to Judge Murphy so Iris could then use that connection to get Judge Murphy to recuse himself in the first go-round of Colorado vs BM.

Talk about shady. IMO

If Iris says something, try believing the opposite of what she says, and you’ll be closer to the truth. IMO
Iris won't be happy and fulfilled until every manufacturer, user, past and present in every state is fully investigated for misappropriation of bam...
smh.. cos not allowed to swear profusely

I was extremely confident he’d be recharged in light of Suzanne’s body being found, but now it’s absolutely guaranteed. They can prove she is dead, and prove their theory that Barry tranquillized her.

I just wish I could have seen the reaction to this news by him, Iris, and his civil case attorneys. Even I’m still in shock from yesterday’s news. I just never imagined they’d find something that seals the case against him.
It is a beautiful thing that this has happened for Suzanne. Her blood cancer couldn't kill her but ole Barry with a tranquilizer dart loaded with a drug cocktail surely could.

Is this a real person claiming to be his attorney, Jane Fisher-Byrialsen @ 1:17? She has no facial expression so maybe she's AI generated. How else could an attorney mislead the public with a straight face?

It is a beautiful thing that this has happened for Suzanne. Her blood cancer couldn't kill her but ole Barry with a tranquilizer dart loaded with a drug cocktail surely could.

Is this a real person claiming to be his attorney, Jane Fisher-Byrialsen @ 1:17? She has no facial expression so maybe she's AI generated. How else could an attorney mislead the public with a straight face?

Yes, she's the lead attorney for his civil case. I really should say, "was" the lead attorney, because that case ain't looking so good now. I imagine that straight face comes from the shock of seeing all her hopes and dreams dashed in one fell swoop. She was having a really bad day.

Clearly she and Iris weren't on the same page, as Iris doesn't question the forensic testing, but this genius calls it "alleged."

At the end of the news piece upthread, the reporter says that the attorney referenced that bullet found around the area of the grave. I can see this becoming a less juicy version of the "sex offender DNA." Another red herring that will eventually be pushed down our throats.

They clearly think it helps them some way, which may mean they think, or know, it can't be connected to Barry.

What are the pros and cons of IE staying on BM's case in light of the highly damning autopsy results?

Is worth her while and reputation (BM still has $ in the bank) or might it be too potentially damaging to her career?

Thoughts anyone?
JMO

What happened to this 15M lawsuit? As long as there is any hope of winning that lawsuit, she stays. MOO.

In one of the sections of the civil lawsuit, his attorneys contend that that not only was there no evidence that Suzanne had been killed with a tranquilizer, but there wasn’t even evidence she was dead in the first place.

They argue that this evidence was fabricated, and nothing points to Barry having murdered Suzanne with a tranquilizer.

Imagine a work of fiction so good that it magically becomes reality. That’s what happened on Monday.

IMG_7322.jpeg

In one of the sections of the civil lawsuit, his attorneys contend that that not only was there no evidence that Suzanne had been killed with a tranquilizer, but there wasn’t even evidence she was dead in the first place.

They argue that this evidence was fabricated, and nothing points to Barry having murdered Suzanne with a tranquilizer.

Imagine a work of fiction so good that it magically becomes reality. That’s what happened on Monday.

View attachment 500611
What a shock and horror for IE it must have been, poor thing.

What happened to this 15M lawsuit? As long as there is any hope of winning that lawsuit, she stays. MOO.
I've been updating the federal docket in the MEDIA ONLY--NO DISCUSSION THREAD.

On 11/5/23, the Court ordered discovery on this case STAYED pending the outcome of the Motions to Dismiss.

The defendants all timely filed answers to BM's complaint with Motions to Dismiss by 3/29/24.

BM responded to some of the Motions and requested an extension of time to answer others. I think his last extension was to May 3, 2024.

Thus far, BM has agreed to Voluntary Dismissals for the following defendants from the complaint:

FBI's J Grusing and K Harris, and CCSO's C Hysjulien.

Why the bleaching in the hotel room? At the time I thought it was to clean up residue from a crime scene. Now that we know the cause of death that doesn't work. What was he cleaning up?
Possible explanations:

Barry bleached himself, then showered a thousand times to diffuse his stench.

Barry bleached the shovels. Then dug around in the dirt at the Broomfield wall in an attempt to alibi the shovels. Remove Moffat, add Broomfield.

Either way, his actions IMO show a True Crime aficionado level of awareness for cadaverine and soil comparison.

JMO

Except sadly, that won't leave anything for the daughters... They are victims too.
Yes, they most assuredly are. And only they themselves, with a shared love of an absentee mother, can present the best chance to rise above and beyond victimhood.That is, in my very humble opinion, but fervent wish.

Mallory and Macy may have anger, outrage, betrayal and loathing as adjuncts in their stages of mourning. They should sooner, (far, far better than later imo), realize that shunning a shared fateful biological antecedent, eg."father", in effect honors their abidingly selfless mother...that "miracle mom"... who perished attempting to rescue them from a future more forsaken than had been her own too soon to be concluded past. Each sister will need to ensure and be confident, leaning on one another and amongst their own families to come, that Mom shall witness, with pride and boundless joy, her girls' strength, resolve and fulfillment as they move ahead in life.

Possible explanations:

Barry bleached himself, then showered a thousand times to diffuse his stench.

Barry bleached the shovels. Then dug around in the dirt at the Broomfield wall in an attempt to alibi the shovels. Remove Moffat, add Broomfield.

Either way, his actions IMO show a True Crime aficionado level of awareness for cadaverine and soil comparison.

JMO
I think it was the shovels too. No other real reason to take them to the actual room that I can think of.

This video you kindly posted is what rubs me up the wrong way about his defence team.

I am all for Jane Fisher-Byrialsen conducting a vigorous defence. However, quoting from the video

"Barry Morphew is innocent and he could not have killed his wife"

Why does the attorney insist on personally vouching for him? Shouldn't she say more accurately say
Barry Morphew maintains his innocence and says that he could not have killed his wife

or is this just a stylistic approach in the US now to use the direct construction? It makes me uneasy where the attorney acts as a spokesman for the accused who is maintaining silence. IMO it is fine for the attorney to advance the clients case, including in the media, but it is strange for her to definitively say things that he himself is not saying. Especially Jane Fisher-Byrialsen does not personally know if he is innocent or not. Her constitutional role is to defend him either way.

This is my old school opinion only.

I've been updating the federal docket in the MEDIA ONLY--NO DISCUSSION THREAD.

On 11/5/23, the Court ordered discovery on this case STAYED pending the outcome of the Motions to Dismiss.

The defendants all timely filed answers to BM's complaint with Motions to Dismiss by 3/29/24.

BM responded to some of the Motions and requested an extension of time to answer others. I think his last extension was to May 3, 2024.

Thus far, BM has agreed to Voluntary Dismissals for the following defendants from the complaint:

FBI's J Grusing and K Harris, and CCSO's C Hysjulien.

Can the CBI defendants and the prosecutors withdraw their motions to dismiss and demand to go to trial?

I am curious if they could tell how much was in her bone marrow. Did the test tell the amount or just yes no for presence of the chemicals?

I am also curious if this is used on a human would the human remember what happened? Would they feel off and lay down and "sleep" for a while then wake up groggy and confused or would they remember exactly what happened prior to that?

Is it possible he shot her as soon as he got home at 2:43 or so and then she was out for a while and he was rummaging around in her things getting more and more angry about what he was seeing. Then he at some point gives her more or takes her drugged to the burial location and strangles her there.

If he had used this tranquilizer on her before would that be something she remembered?

Could it be put in food or a drink and someone not know it? Would it only work if it's injected?
If Suzanne received a full dose, then according to the AA it would have taken 2-3 minutes to be unstable and wobbly and the lose consciousness. If the BAM was administered again, then likely she would have died from that (or even the initial dose) or suffered brain damage. From Kittys post above it looks like if there was a reversal of the BAM this may not have showed in the bone marrow as it’s half live is considerably less (well that’s my understanding anyway).

Attachments

• IMG_1858.png
    IMG_1858.png
    274.4 KB · Views: 7
I'm not going to hold my breath about an impending arrest warrant just yet. There is still too much unknown.

I've been scouring the bowels of the net seeking timeline for post mortem appearance of BAM in bone marrow...

I can't find any studies but that is not to say they don't exist.

an easy way out for BM would be to suggest that she pricked her finger with a used needle while cleaning up after him at some point.. depending upon quantities found..
Another is that he had previously hit her with a dart accidentally in the near or distant past..

I see too many exits depending upon quantities found and what they show about original dose administered and time frame to death.

Nothing is metabolised post mortem because those processes die when the body dies.

I agree with @MassGuy that her snoring is indicative of a dose administered to sedate yet not kill.
Duty Ron is not a pathologist.

Drugs created for IM SC or Iv administration are not effective if ingested orally in general.

I think it's possible that other drugs were also used but didn't leave traces.

I think it's possible he shot her in the grave.

If that is true, she would not have received a lethal dose straight away..

Also possible that he darted her several more times in that grave.

Just not holding my breath, we have minimal info..

Pathologists will likely differ.

I console myself that Iris is probably breaking what's left of her brain too trying to find outs for her beloved client..

It's not home and dry unless the the test results are far more damning than the report we received.

JMO
I agree. There is a lot we don’t know or the parameters that were used to calculate the level of BAM to get to ‘intoxication’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861