Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
That caffeine comment really is odd. Does she not realize a person can consume caffeine at any point during any day of their life? lol As if this was a big telling moment. Great point about there likely not being anything else she could use or she would have. Caffeine in the bone marrow is NOT a big tell that her client is innocent!
Laughable to tripledown on the wayward bike ride.

There is no way to make that work, outside of Barry.

So she woke up on Sunday and still didn't bother with her phone, ingested her CAFFEINE-LACED coffee, donned her bike clothes for an atypical morning ride about the neighborhood, only to encounter a rancher with licensed BAM who forced her to change into not-biking clothes, then took care to stage her bike and helmet in different locations, all the while Barry was busy in Broomfield cleaning out the truck that stayed filthy, then lay at rest in the hotel there, waiting for the call that Suzanne was missing.

Wow, that's quite a day.

Why does she persist? She's talking to future jurors IMO. She'll weed out the likes of us, who sup on the facts of the case, and court the ones who are like Christmas-Easter Catholics, the ones who catch a sound-bite, see a GMA clip, see three women (a lawyer and two daughters) defend him so he must be innocent.

Caffeine in her system, bike clothes. If she could do better, she would.

Problem is, caffeine indicates Any Day. Suzanne had a daily habit of half a cup of coffee. We don't know if that was enhanced with soft drinks but coffee alone checks the box.

Bike clothes. They weren't bike clothes. It only take a second look to see that. Suzanne wasn't biking when she went missing and if she wasn't biking, why was her bike in a ravine? Why was Barry's phone right by that same ravine early Sunday morning? More elk?

Barry did make her job exponentially harder, now that there's a body and an autopsy report, double damning. I hope she has thanked him by quadrupling her fee.

JMO

Laughable to tripledown on the wayward bike ride.

There is no way to make that work, outside of Barry.

So she woke up on Sunday and still didn't bother with her phone, ingested her CAFFEINE-LACED coffee, donned her bike clothes for an atypical morning ride about the neighborhood, only to encounter a rancher with licensed BAM who forced her to change into not-biking clothes, then took care to stage her bike and helmet in different locations, all the while Barry was busy in Broomfield cleaning out the truck that stayed filthy, then lay at rest in the hotel there, waiting for the call that Suzanne was missing.

Wow, that's quite a day.

Why does she persist? She's talking to future jurors IMO. She'll weed out the likes of us, who sup on the facts of the case, and court the ones who are like Christmas-Easter Catholics, the ones who catch a sound-bite, see a GMA clip, see three women (a lawyer and two daughters) defend him so he must be innocent.

Caffeine in her system, bike clothes. If she could do better, she would.

Problem is, caffeine indicates Any Day. Suzanne had a daily habit of half a cup of coffee. We don't know if that was enhanced with soft drinks but coffee alone checks the box.

Bike clothes. They weren't bike clothes. It only take a second look to see that. Suzanne wasn't biking when she went missing and if she wasn't biking, why was her bike in a ravine? Why was Barry's phone right by that same ravine early Sunday morning? More elk?

Barry did make her job exponentially harder, now that there's a body and an autopsy report, double damning. I hope she has thanked him by quadrupling her fee.

JMO
If I hear anyone mention the RR glove box DNA I might spit.

That’s why it’s so desperate. It would be in Suzanne’s system if she was murdered on Saturday afternoon, as the prosecution alleges.

They've also begun hedging on the bike ride theory, because they know the tranquilizer makes that theory much more difficult to push.

"...confirms that she put on her mountain bike clothes and was either getting ready for, or was already on her morning bike ride, when she was abducted, allegedly drugged, and buried 50 miles south of their home."
That makes it SO MUCH worse for them.

If she was just getting ready for or just finishing her bike ride, why were her bike and helmet cast away?

So often, kidnappers slow up their getaway to leave breadcrumbs.

Oh, Iris.

He did but it wasn't in the first few days of the investigation. BM surrendered his chipmunk gun (sawed off .22) but this was shortly before he was arrested.

From the AA, pg 76:

View attachment 502759

Thanks so much. Of course, it doesn't help with my confusion. So..."chipmunk gun" is the one he claims he was using while he ran around the property (according to his phone), shooting at...chipmunks. But SA Grusing says it hasn't been fired in a long time. Barry thinks giving the FBI a gun that shows he's lying (wasn't used to shoot at chipmunks recently) is a good idea.

Then he explains to SA Grusing that he's so smart, he wouldn't have given them that gun if he was guilty (as if the FBI can be tricked in that manner).

So I do wonder where the actual tranq gun (if any) might be.

OTOH, perhaps the FBI found that this old, apparently unused (and uncleaned?) gun DID fire something recently. Who knows?

More questions than answers.

IMO.

I think MDW was a convergence of forces. The perfect storm fury.

Suzanne was graduating from cancer treatment. She was ready to have The Talk with Barry, for real this time.

She crossed a threshold and I'm not talking about the one to JL's marriage. It was her own. Resolve. She even told JL this wasn't about him, that she expected she'd take some time to just be herself. Think about it: for decades she was the heart of her family, keeping Barry marginally presentable. She may have felt it was her job. Her lot in life. Her debt. But surviving cancer twice, I think she wanted more from life. Transparency. Not pretending everything was OK when it wasn't.

I think Suzanne sent the youngest away, knowing they'd be back on Mother's Day so she wouldn't be brought down by the heavy conversation.

We don't know what Barry said to Suzanne to placate her. Talk of Arizona, building a house, maybe for her, maybe for him. Maybe she washed those bedsheets because Barry agreed to move out. It was on her To Do list, not because she expected the girls/guest to sleep in that bed, but a triumph that he was vacating it once and for all.

MDW was sort of incidental. She had the friend's daughter's wedding (that Barry wouldn't let her GO TO iirc) but I think the greatest significance for why that weekend was two fold -- something happened on Tuesday or Wednesday from which there was no coming back (Barry did something) and her treatment was ending. She wanted to live FORWARD, without him holding her BACK.

Which also is why she's dead. He wasn't going to let that happen. Ever.

JMO

Maybe women shouldn't have the divorce talk alone with abusive men. Not blaming her, at all. It's not her fault. In general, maybe it's not safe to be anyone alone to have a divorce talk. Just a pattern I'm noticing in these cases.
So depressing. It's extremely dangerous to break up with abusive guys.
What is the safest way to have "The Talk" though? Pack and leave, send a certified letter? with no return address?

Suzanne had a resolve about her this time that Barry didn't recognize. Love bombing didn't work, fake apologizing didn't work, guilt tripping didn't work. Drinking, biking, chemo meds didn't explain it. All along he didn't much care what she did, online or elsewhere, so long as his needs were being met. This was different. It was interfering and that's how/when he discovered she was IN LOVE WITH another man. Heard it with his own ears, I suspect.

We heard what he'd do to a potential suitor come after a daughter. I suspect he had the same colorful playbook for a suitor come after his wife. IMO THAT became his obsession -- who was the guy and when and how was she seeing him. Bought the mini cam. Wonder where he had it sent. Porch pirating his own packages, maybe a regular habit of his.

Friday night into Saturday morning, I think he was seething and desperate. Had to know who it was. He was rabid with LE when they confronted him about the affair (he was aware so that part was nothing new), they wouldn't tell him who.

He heard something or saw something while at the riverfront property with MG on Saturday morning, courtesy of his cameras, that sent him over the edge. IMO that's when he sealed her fate.

JMO
bbm
Great idea!!

It's really just an open and shut case to me; the tranquilizers make reasonable doubt improbable for all of the things he could have explained away before.

First, he lies about being in a very troubled marriage that was about to end
He lied about being in severe financial trouble that his wife would no longer help him with
She stops communicating shortly after he arrives home
He fiddles with the cars all night long- with no reasonable explanation
His phone goes in and out of airplane mode and powers on/off all night long
He resets the telematics in his truck-
He abruptly plans a remediation job in the early morning on Mother's day
He spends a good deal of time discarding items at McDonalds- again with no reasonable explanation
He prompts his neighbor with the bike story when he asks them to check on his wife
He then leads investigators directly to a wrecked bike a short distance from his home
He drove to where the helmet was found, and lied about it-
He admitted to owning and being skilled in using the exact same drugs found in her system
He intimated that he might have discarded them recently when interviewed by police
They found the empty box for those drugs in his home
They found dropped darts for those drugs on the garage floor
A sheath from a needle like the one you would need to load a dart, or inject a person, was found tangled in the bedsheets in the dryer
There were signs of a struggle in the home: A door frame was broken
Sheets were missing from one of the bedrooms

Which is now a more reasonable story; A jealous husband drugged his wife, killed her, and hid her body, then liquidated their assets to start a new life... or a random person with highly restricted access to powerful veterinary drugs happened upon his wife while she was biking next to their home, drugged and killed her and then drove her during the day 45 miles away and planted her body in the middle of an open field and left no trace.

He is a moron if he thinks a stranger did it theory will stick.

Thanks so much. Of course, it doesn't help with my confusion. So..."chipmunk gun" is the one he claims he was using while he ran around the property (according to his phone), shooting at...chipmunks. But SA Grusing says it hasn't been fired in a long time. Barry thinks giving the FBI a gun that shows he's lying (wasn't used to shoot at chipmunks recently) is a good idea.

Then he explains to SA Grusing that he's so smart, he wouldn't have given them that gun if he was guilty (as if the FBI can be tricked in that manner).

So I do wonder where the actual tranq gun (if any) might be.

OTOH, perhaps the FBI found that this old, apparently unused (and uncleaned?) gun DID fire something recently. Who knows?

More questions than answers.

IMO.
We’re missing pieces here. Barry admitted to using a tranquilizer gun the previous month or so, and the gun recovered apparently wasn’t operable.

That chipmunk gun was your standard bullet firing gun, and incapable of shooting darts. The point was that Barry was putting a gun in his hand around the time of the murder (shooting chipmunks), not that he used that particular gun, which the FBI would have instantly known wasn’t a dart gun.

There was certain to be a follow up question that hasn’t been documented, something like “which gun did you use on the deer?”

Barry claimed that he tranquilized deer on two occasions (after initially denying doing it at all), and feigned concern that they would find darts in his yard. He’d do this to sell the fact that these events (crimes) actually occurred, to make that needle cap less relevant (it’s from one of those shootings).

I initially believed he was concerned about darts because he thought they may have found one, but that’s not something Barry would have missed.

And I don’t for a second believe Barry ever did tranquilize deer in the yard (they don’t have horns that time of year, and none were recovered that weren’t attached to the scalp (or whatever it’s called).

There’s a missing gun, or he did it by hand.

Short version:

Barry admits to a frantic event in the backyard, and claims he was using the chipmunk gun to hunt chipmunks.

The FBI believes he was chasing Suzanne, but using the tranquilizer gun he claimed to have used on deer.

The value of the chipmunk gun is that it’s a gun, not that it’s the gun.

Last edited:
We’re missing pieces here. Barry admitted to using a tranquilizer gun the previous month or so, and the gun recovered apparently wasn’t operable.

That chipmunk gun was your standard bullet firing gun, and incapable of shooting darts. The point was that Barry was putting a gun in his hand around the time of the murder (shooting chipmunks), not that he used that particular gun, which the FBI would have instantly known wasn’t a dart gun.

There was certain to be a follow up question that hasn’t been documented, something like “which gun did you use on the deer?”

Barry claimed that he tranquilized deer on two occasions (after initially denying doing it at all), and feigned concern that they would find darts in his yard. He’d do this to sell the fact that these events (crimes) actually occurred, to make that needle cap less relevant (it’s from one of those shootings).

I initially believed he was concerned about darts because he thought they may have found one, but that’s not something Barry would have missed.

And I don’t for a second believe Barry ever did tranquilize deer in the yard (they don’t have horns that time of year, and none were recovered that weren’t attached to the scalp (or whatever it’s called).

Short version:

Barry admits to a frantic event in the backyard, and claims he was using the chipmunk gun to hunt chipmunks.

The FBI believes he was chasing Suzanne, but using the tranquilizer gun he claimed to have used on deer.

What was his mental calculus in turning it over?

To confirm his chipmunk story (which it didn't)?

To show how cooperative-y he was? A guilty man wouldn't make a point of turning in a gun...

I can't squint my brain enough to think like him.

What was he thinking????

Short version:

Seriously. Barry is a super predator hunter, he doesn’t have working guns? He thinks he can outsmart the FBI.

To show how cooperative-y he was? A guilty man wouldn't make a point of turning in a gun...

What was he thinking????
Yes. He wanted to sell the chipmunk story, and he hoped the gun would do that. That’s also why he threw in the bizarre and childish “I’ve shot 85 chimpbinks,” or whatever the hell he claimed.

I would like to be present for a moment like this, at trial:

Where IE is trying to sell her drift theory and her extrahuman speed theory and her running through walls theory, and hold up a huge photo of that split doorframe and retort, "blow through walls like this one, you mean?"

Fact is, that house has two stories, multiple interior walls independent to each floor, plenty of wall openings (doorways) and a unique angular exterior with an attached garage and linked breezeway. Plot those cellphone points prior to his airplaning it and it indeed looks like he's running through walls. Sure enough, it also looks an awful lot like he raced around the house trying to make entry, before gunning her down inside.

Please please please cameras in the courtroom and all 3 30 hours.

Chipmunks.

JMO

What was he thinking????

Or maybe he was afraid of being charged with lying to police or worse yet, endangering his gun ownership rights since that sawed off shot-gun (i.e., the chipmunk gun), is illegal in Colorado. At the time of arrest, he was in fact charged with possession of a dangerous weapon.

From the Amended Complaint & Information, pg 2/3:

1715382851739.png

Maybe women shouldn't have the divorce talk alone with abusive men. Not blaming her, at all. It's not her fault. In general, maybe it's not safe to be anyone alone to have a divorce talk. Just a pattern I'm noticing in these cases.
What is the safest way to have "The Talk" though? Pack and leave, send a certified letter? with no return address?
Unfortunately yes, the best course of action is to make a plan, and just get OUT. Leave a letter on the kitchen table and go.

Reminds me of the lyrics to an old Paul Simon song, “Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover.”

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don’t need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don’t need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

jmo

Yes. He wanted to sell the chipmunk story, and he hoped the gun would do that. That’s also why he threw in the bizarre and childish “I’ve shot 85 chimpbinks,” or whatever the hell he claimed.

In BM's 3/10/21 interview only weeks before his arrest, he was panicked LE did not believe him and doubled down on his use of the chipmunk gun (illegal weapon) and insists he used the gun before and after SM vanished!

From the AA, page 83:

1715383570736.png

Also, for clarification, it was Agent Grusing that introduced the subject of the gun BM used for blowing up 85 chipmunks. Here, Grusing interrupted BM's story to ask if he used a .22 because at the time, Grusing mistakenly believed that a .22 could also be used to fire tranquilizer darts. This was corrected during the prelim hearing.

From the AA, page 71:

1715384775566.png

Seriously. Barry is a super predator hunter, he doesn’t have working guns? He thinks he can outsmart the FBI.
First he tried to outsmart the FBI, then tried to SUE them. Then he took back the suit against them. Nope. No take-backs are going to make Agent Grusing forget. The FBI has a loooooong memory.

Short version:

The beauty of bM blabbering so much is it blows his lawyer's theory that the phone was running thru walls and the phone data is incorrect out the window. Ole barry admitted having an instrument of death in his hands while he was running all around the house shooting chipmunks. It can't be both and once he copped to it, he can't take it back and say " Oh it was just a phone error." Well he technically can but then it's just another one of those darned things ( out of about 150 other darned things) that make barry out to be a bad guy. Go ahead and put that in front of a jury!

I’ve seen the photo. It’s been so long and I’ve never been able to find it again, but it was not a selfie. It looks like it was taken from a distance, could possibly have been taken from someone sitting in a car waiting. There have been so many things that I’m sorry I never took a screenshot of. It seems to be a recurring thing in cases. Believe it or not, certain things can disappear from the internet. Same in the Kohberger case.
I am still digging for my saved photo of the "pizza" night but did find this saved in my notes and I think this is why I was confused.

SM messaged JL she was home alone while BM getting Pizza
THEN
SM sent photo of BM outside Moonlight Pizza.

I am still working on finding the photo.1715385987345.png

Maybe ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member