Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>
How financially stressed was he to head to Mexico this past February???? Right on schedule.

And Listen 9:49 when he was talking to Andy about an incident just the week before....

My understanding is he was flush with cash in Feb. with the sale of the Indiana home, not sure when PP home closed

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel sorry for Suzanne. It appears that the daughters are having a hard time because their father has been arrested, not because their mother has been murdered.

I think that this family might be more dysfunctional than we think.

JMO.
The daughters are going to have to face a few things about their dear father. I expect the evidence that he murdered their mother will be overwhelming.

At the same time, you may be right....that there's a lot of dysfunction going back to when they were much younger, that may affect their perception and assimilation of facts.

This is all so upsetting...a lovely kind woman who battled life threatening illness, who should have been surrounded by family love and support....to have her life ended like this. It's heart wrenching.

My understanding is he was flush with cash in Feb. with the sale of the Indiana home, not sure when PP home closed

^RSBM

I have to wonder if enough any amount of cash was just ever enough for Barry. Especially in light of her sister’s words.

Suzanne’s sister, Melinda Moorman, told local station KCNC-TV last week that she thought the couple may have been having financial troubles.

“I think life happens. I think pressures and stresses in life, I think financial pressure bears in on people very heavily. It creates an atmosphere of discontent and strife and sometimes living beyond your means is a very hard thing to do,” she said. “Learning to be content with what you have is a powerful thing in this life, and it brings great peace, and I don’t think Barry and Suzanne had gotten there yet, and that’s what I think kinda happened and I can’t really say more than that.”

Suzanne Morphew’s Brother Says He Suspected Foul Play Early On, Notes Her Husband's ‘Cunning Personality Traits’ | Oxygen Official Site

I feel sorry for Suzanne. It appears that the daughters are having a hard time because their father has been arrested, not because their mother has been murdered.

JMO.
Love this post Bunny. When children are raised their entire lives by a controlling, abusive father, they think it’s normal, manly behavior. The father will minimize the mother’s worth and value as a great partner and parent to elevate their own lack of self worth. MOO.

I’m sure Inmate Morphew has convinced his daughters he’s being framed by the people who screwed the whole investigation up from the get go. All the while, little did they know, he had a few goon friends helping him harass and threaten those trying to find their mother so she could have the peaceful resting place she deserves.
They are in for a horrible awakening and it will come eventually. Praying for them and the Moormans daily.

Last edited:
Arrest Affidavit?
Do we know if (Q1) the defense would have the entire AA, and Barry too, or (Q2) could the prosecution hold back certain evidence?
@whitelilac
Q1. Briefly: Yes, def. atty is provided w the entire AA.
A bit more: Def atty provides copy to defendant, so they can review together.
In this case, as judge ordered the AA sealed - not avail to the media or public - def atty (& defendant) consider whether to object to unsealing, which they must do by a designated date (Thurs, iirc?).

Q2. Not so briefly: An AA, typically written by a LEO who signs it under oath as being true, contains only some results of LE's investigation of a suspected crime and suspects' commission/participation. If an AA provides enough info - probable cause - for a judge to believe that the named person committed the specified crime, then judge signs it, authorizing an Arrest Warrant.
At this point of the case, prosecutor/state's atty is not required to provide all investigatory results or evidence. Requirement that more info & evidence be provided to def atty & defendant occurs later.

Welcoming comment, clarification, or correction, esp'ly from our legal professionals

Last edited:
rsbm to touch on this part.

It’s slightly surprising to me, as I get the controlling vibe from Barry (is that story about him showing up at SM’s vacation true?) that he didn’t have any cameras. Not for safety, but so he could have an eye on things and see the coming and going’s of SM and maybe even the daughters. I could be way off base here, but just a thought.

imo, jmo
AFAIK the there has been nothing reported in MSM about whether the security cameras at the home were functional or nonfunctional during the time period when it is suspected Suzanne was missing or killed. It was a rumor that started long ago and posters went back and forth on this topic many times. Someone correct me if I’m wrong please.

This is so true. I experienced ongoing emotional abuse. He would constantly tell me how lucky I was that he wasn’t violent. There were times I though I would have preferred being hit. It wears you down, bit by bit, until you don’t know who you are anymore. I finally left with just the clothing on my back.

I'm so sorry you went through that. :(

I too was thinking about Andy Moorman’s silence. Not because I think it’s something wrong with it but because I’m so hoping he is somewhat OK.
He gave his everything to find his beloved sister but had to go home without her. That must have been so hard.

Hopefully knowing BM finally has to face the music gives him some kind of peace. I know, it won’t bring Suzanne back, but at least could make him feel all the effort put in wasn’t in vain.

I would love to have a brother like him, he moved heaven and earth for his sister. He organized the kind of search with resources used I’ve never seen before in a search initiated by a family member. He kept her sister in the news for a very long time and kept the pressure on Barry.
The whole Moorman family looks like a class act from what we have seen.

Love this post Bunny. When children are raised their entire lives by a controlling, abusive father, they think it’s normal, manly behavior. The father will minimize the mother’s worth and value as a great partner and parent to elevate their own lack of self worth. MOO.

I’m sure Inmate Morphew has convinced his daughters he’s being framed by the people who screwed the whole investigation up from the get go. All the while, little did they know, he had a few goon friends helping him harass and threaten those trying to find their mother so she could have the peaceful resting place she deserves.
They are in for a horrible awakening and it will come eventually. Praying for them and the Moormans daily.
100 percent agree.

Puurrrfect post. BM, the Bobcat man. Metaphorical hunter only, not the real deal.

I don't think BM knows squat about the wilderness. It probably scares him silly. I say this because most any characterization he gives himself seems to be puffery. It's like claiming he's a firefighter. Well, he might be in volunteer firefighter training, but has he ever actually been on the line?

It still cracks me up that he tried to sell a story about a mountain lion describing behavior that mountain lions don’t do and anyone in the western US who hunts or spends time hiking in cougar country could see right through. He might as well have told a story about a tap dancing bear.

I think Barry is the type of “hunter” who goes on canned safari-type trips where all he has to do is point and shoot, the outfitter is the one doing the real work. It might look impressive to a non-hunter, but for a real hunter? Pffft.

The OP suggested Barry may have "told" his daughters it was a mercy killing, not that he actually killed her for that reason. I do think he could be that stupid, assuming that's who you meant. I think the last thing he wants is for his daughters to believe he killed Suzanne.

However, I think it's more likly he told them he was being framed and police were retaliating against him for criticizing the way they handled the investigation. He may stick to his story that LE botched the investigation and needed someone to blame.

That it was mercy killing wouldn't work since the girls would have known Suzanne was doing well and was finished with her treatments. Imo

The misremembered timing of that mechanical thing Barry did and his truck not being where he said it was, maybe he found a place to park his truck for 3.5 hours while he "borrowed" somebody else's vehicle for a spell.

If Barry intended to call MG at 4am on Mother's Day, he didn't need to be near her place. Why was he there? Surely he had his reason.

Bet he's kicking himself now.

JMO

From the pics of his moving effort, he is disorganized.
On Mother's Day he is in a frenzy, chaos everywhere: probably going back and forth, checking things, not being logical, making mistakes.

It still cracks me up that he tried to sell a story about a mountain lion describing behavior that mountain lions don’t do and anyone in the western US who hunts or spends time hiking in cougar country could see right through. He might as well have told a story about a tap dancing bear.

I think Barry is the type of “hunter” who goes on canned safari-type trips where all he has to do is point and shoot, the outfitter is the one doing the real work. It might look impressive to a non-hunter, but for a real hunter? Pffft.
Agree. Add to being a vain know nothing, he amplified his story and talked about his wife's presumably last and terrified moments in an utterly detached way.

Last edited:

JMO.

Excellent point.

I was just wondering that if Divorce was a driver behind SM’s murder, it could have been that financial AND custody of the children caused BM to do what he allegedly did.

A mother and her children living in a physically and emotionally abusive home with their father seems like an easy custody decision for the court. And perhaps those girls are BM’s prize possessions and he couldn’t lose them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member