Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #68 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any avid bikers understand what the brake in the locked position means?
It's typically used as a security measure, most avid bikers do it automatically when putting it up. Also to keep it from rolling if she was transporting it.

But finding it locked and with no damage tells me she wasn't riding at the time.

MOO

These are some significant times chronologically laid out ... if they help us.

9th May

2:11pm (14:11) Last communication from Suzanne between her and Jeff Libler on Linked In

2:47pm BM started taking steps to 'dispose of evidence in disappearance and death of Suzanne'

10th May

3:26am Truck door activity

4:23am Last ping of Suzanne’s phone on a Poncha Springs tower

5:37am BM ceased taking steps to dispose of evidence (or perhaps took the last step they know of)

8:10am Truck door opened again

5:38pm Suzanne reported missing - police unable to reach BM

7:10pm Police first spoke with BM

8:46 pm BM arrives at site of bike

Suzanne Morphew's affair revealed at murder trial, bodycam shows deputies finding her mountain bike
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair
https://mobile.twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1424830450401427457

Last edited:
LE said that the front brake was in locked position when they found the bike.

Sorry I don't have a specific link, but there are several back in thread #66.
I haven't been able to find any quotes from LE that the brakes were locked. There was speculation about that from the beginning but I don't remember LE confirming it. In court the officer said he noticed the wheel was in an unusual position but didn't mention the brakes being jammed or locked. I suppose Barry could have manipulated the bike to make it look like the brakes had locked up, though. Imo

SM’s last communication -
LS wrap up on YouTube @
> 38:00 min mark
LS discusses SM’s last known communication with JL, Saturday, May 9, 2020, @ 2:11 pm - JL & SM were texting via LinkedIn, being flirty, etc. when SM just stopped responding during the conversation.

MOO Timing is about right for BM to be walking through the door to “make wife happy!

Last edited:
My whole opinion of Suzanne has changed, and not in a good way.
Strictly MOO, You might want to reserve judgement until you hear evidence of what happened. And if you’ve never been in an abusive relationship with a narcissist, it may be difficult to understand how one can horribly affect the emotions and mental health of the one they are abusing. Please keep in mind this is about DV and a murder involving DV, according to the state’s case.

Let’s hope this gets to trial. Moo.
#NoOnesPerfect
#Justice4Suzanne

Last edited:
My whole opinion of Suzanne has changed, and not in a good way.

I think that can happen if we put people too high up on a pedestal ... and then are told they have human frailties.

Some people fall out of love with their spouse, for a variety of reasons. And break ups when children are grown are not uncommon. Nor are love affairs.

A divorce was the solution. Not a murder.

imo

I think his last message to her, tells how he felt about Suzanne - 'My gang is my home'. He had no intention of leaving his family.

Suzanne Morphew was considering fleeing to Ecuador with lover, husband Barry's murder trial hears | Daily Mail Online

'On the morning of May 9 she texted him: 'We need to be husband & wife.'

Later that day, he texted her that 'my gang is my home'. There were no texts after that. '

RBBM. Two of the journalists who were live tweeting reported the quote as "My gang is home". I think that changes the meaning significantly. Not entirely sure the DM got the quote correct. I can definitely see someone ending a clandestine conversation with a secret lover when his family returned from an outing with the words "My gang is home".

[URL='https://twitter.com/CarolAMcKinley']Carol McKinley

@CarolAMcKinley[/URL]

Replying to
@CarolAMcKinley
On Friday May 9, LIbler, a married father of 6, says "my gang is home." His texts stop. Youngest Morphew daughter is sitting with her hands over her face. It's been a long day for both Suzanne and Barry's families.

Thank you. I recall this being another concern when Andy indicated that SM told her dad that her brakes were locked up and she could not ride until fixed (i.e., riding on Sunday not possible). On the other hand, unaware of SM's conversation with her dad, I believe TN wanted us to believe that her brakes became locked during the ride on Sunday leading to the crash. MOO
Maybe someone on twitter can ask Lauren if the officer on scene was able to (and did) release the front brake, because she says

timestamp 5:25

"and the front tire, they were having difficulties with it, but they realised that the brake was on the bike (Sarah, photographer: "it was like locked up so it couldn't move"). So then they fixed that and then they brought it up to County Road 225..."

Interesting. . .
@ the 28:00 & 37:20 marks, they say Suzanne started mountain biking at the suggestion of JL.
About a week after his suggestion, Suzanne bought a mountain bike.

Also @ the 37:20, it says she started drinking IPA (I think?) because of him.
What is IPA?
I was thinking it was a health protein isolate drink or something, but I googled and what comes up is a type of beer - India Pale Ale.
So, that's what she means by IPA? (just wondering)

(Lauren & Sarah's vid from last night:)

Jeff L's Extended Silence & Secrecy?
Several ppl said JL's failure to come forward of his own volition marks him a coward & having other unfavorable characteristics. Personally agreeing, he's not in top ten nominees for Husband/ Father/Citizen of the Year.

But if, on learning of SM's disappearance, JL had promptly, voluntarily contacted LE to advise of their relationship, would outcome of LE investigation have been better, faster, or more robust? Serious question. Anyone? TiA.

I realize if LE had not unearthed SM's relationship w JL before this this hearing or trial, that the def team could have tried to "make hay" w it at now or later. But LE learned of it, so any possible def could not use it to surprise to the prosecution.
It might have reduced 4 terabytes to 2.

But seriously, YES. Any time a witness with first hand knowledge directly from a victim hides, they delay justice. What if BM had gotten so angry at the younger daughter trying to help/protect her Mom that she "disappeared", too? LE could have made an earlier arrest, protecting him from BM.

I wouldn't trust JL to do anything to help get justice for SM then or now. Like BM, self-interest is a hallmark of his character.

Let's call a spade a spade, already!
JMHO

Strictly MOO, You might want to reserve judgement until you hear evidence of what happened. And if you’ve never been in an abusive relationship with a narcissist, it may be difficult to understand how one can horribly affect the emotions and mental health of the one they are abusing. Please keep in mind this is about DV and a murder involving DV, according to the state’s case.

Let’s hope this gets to trial. Moo.
#NoOnesPerfect
#Justice4Suzanne
I have no doubt this is heading to trial.

#Justice4Suzanne

Was the "surprise" FL visit by BM in Feb 2020 when JL met SM there? I'm wondering if SM just told her friends that BM was there when it was really JL. Did her friends actually see BM?
Yes these are the messy bits. If Suzanne altered stories to fit a bad Barry narrative, one could question if Barry is really the tyrant she makes him out to be. Doubt the girls are going to stick up for their Mom. If Barry’s abuse took place only in the home with immediate family present, with no other corroboration, it’s an issue. I wonder what today will bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickyRaw