CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poedelini

Poedelini Loss Of Innocence

I don't think the mountain lion is going to collect the 210.000 dollar reward money. Imo

Trocroc9, fcavanaugh, TKG and 13 others like this.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

@sillybilly - TD has removed his video from YouTube. His channel has gone dark -- no content.

The link provided to the video on Crimeonline is only available if you go directly to the channel of that youtuber. You can't see it if you only click their link (i.e., you have to bypass youtube).

Perhaps WS may want to choose and/or approve a new source to view the video with BM?

ETA: Message from the Crimeonline youtube link:
    Video Unavailable
    Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  3. UnapologeticallyAspie

UnapologeticallyAspie Hiding In Plain Sight: Women On the Spectrum

Asperger’s individual here, with my IMHAspieO about what you said about BLM:

*Note I didn’t get to watch the video* so I can only base my opinion on other videos I’ve seen of BM.

1. Repeating what someone says isn’t necessarily an Aspie trait. Although doing so in ones head, continuously for days, weeks, months, years is true for myself but NOT true for my HFA (High Functioning Autism/Autistic) husband. (IMHAspieO there is a difference, multiple ones, between HFA and Asperger’s).
    2. A lack of facial expression while talking isn’t necessarily an Aspie trait. Although it can be for some but not for all Aspie’s/HFA’s. In fact I’m not like that at all! But it is true for my HFA husband & HFA niece.
    3. Waving arms around continuously isn’t always an autistic thing. I mean look at how Italians communicate (with their hands, lol).
    4. BM’s lack of apparent social skills, that could definitely be an Aspie thing BUT at his age I think he would have learned to blend himself & his deficits, if indeed he is autistic, in with society...aka “masking”, “camouflaging”. Though I personally feel that when someone/anybody who has an anger management problem (basing this off of my husband’s anger problem, who btw also has decreased white brain matter in his TP Junction) also struggles with their social skills when they’re gravely upset.
    5. As for the verbatim quote, most people can memorize anything. If someone can memorize song lyrics, they can memorize practically anything.

There is sooooooooooo much more to ASD then these few points you make. I think that if BM is autistic then this would have already been picked up on before now, ESPECIALLY with all the fire that he has been under!!!!

If you’re interested in learning more about autism and/or if in the future you want to speculate about someone being autistic, you should DEFINITELY school yourself about it and what it looks like. This would be a great place to start: Autism spectrum - Wikipedia

Also, thank you for bringing this subject up! Seriously, thank you so much! It’s my favorite subject and I know copious amounts of information/facts/knowledge/statistics, etc...about Autism. Thanks to my near eidetic autistic memory!

And for the record, it is also IMHAspieO that BM is not autistic.

MOO.

ETA: BM May have rehearsed what he said to keep his temper/anger from flaring. That would explain why he seemed to be expressionless.
    And when he went off script, he then lost his temper which is why he may have been waving his arms around. MOO.

MerBeach, Lynetta, windrower and 43 others like this.
  4. Hoosierfan72

Hoosierfan72 Well-Known Member

Hah, I noticed the same thing. That's certainly not the case on this forum. Are we more discerning than the casual observer, or are we more hardened and cynical?

One additional thought I took from the video. The likelihood that this was a premeditated crime by BM went down in my opinion, for a couple of reasons.

1) BM didn't come across as an intellectual. While not every person who plans a murder is a freaking genius, just listening to the way he talks, I definitely don't think he fits the m.o. of a guy who thinks he's the smartest man in the room and can outwit/outsmart LE and get away with a crime.
    2) BM stated that the daughters had planned on coming home on Mother's Day to specifically spend it with SM. So if that's true - a couple of things. First is just the cruelty of a crime to a mother on Mother's Day where the daughters are almost guaranteed of carrying around the guilt of having been gone (and now delayed a return) that may have contributed to the disappearance. Additionally, if one was to believe the crime occurred on Sunday (knowing that's legitimately in question) it shortens the window considerably if this was planned (how could BM know they would be delayed). It's not unprecedented for a father to be that cold and cruel toward his daughters, but I do think it's less likely he would choose this timing because of the impact on them. JMO, MOO.
    3) I also think a premeditated murderer is going to pick one alternative story and stick with it. BM seems grasping at straws re: what might have happened to SM. JMO, but that doesn't gut-check with me - I think it's far more likely that he's either telling the truth or covering up a crime of passion than he is playing out a carefully designed plan. MOO.

Maybe it was premeditated and BMs a poor planner. Or maybe he is Keyser Soze (sorry for the Usual Suspects reference only some will get). But I think not. JMO.

5. Dave F.

Dave F. Former member

I just had a chance to read your transcript and note that BLM said:

"we can't find sign for the cat but we got rain like right away yeah"

To a hunter "sign" is "poop". A tracker uses it to determine approximately when the animal passed through. Expert trackers can tell a lot about an animal's recent diet, and in some cases even at what altitude belt the animal eats (above 9,000 the flora and fauna of the Rockies changes dramatically as the elevation goes higher, these "belts" can be identified by undigested particles in the sign. I have never tracked a puma, but I believe they are one of the many animals who usually squat in the trail. Even a gentle Colorado mountain rain would wash away "sign". I'm going to have to use myself as a reference here.......former avid big game hunter and sign examiner. IMO

6. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

Maybe they were together for 32 years but not actually married for 32 years. I know that that is what has been reported, that they were together for 32 years. It is a long time either way. JMO.

7. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

My opinion only, he does not care at all about the YouTuber. He might have taken the pizza delivery guy on the same stagnant tour. IMO, he's not going to have any type of emotional moment with this guy, no way. I would go further and say those emotional moments for him probably don't come naturally, even in crisis.

8. cody22

cody22 Former Member

Agreed on all the above......BM reminds me more of Jody Arias.....moo

9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

If the husband is responsible here, I believe it was a crime of passion (before Sunday) and the body was disposed of in a panic. From the beginning, my entire sense of the husband has been DISTANCING.

What I heard from BM during the latest interview was somebody still rehearsing what happened. MOO

10. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

Ellen Killoran just tweeted:

Updated: The second copy of the video has since been removed from YouTube. That didn't last very long.
    EK on Twitter

ETA I went to YT and it’s still up! Am confused.

11. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

DBM, probably not allowed.

fcavanaugh, Kyte, susiQ and 3 others like this.
  12. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Link to the CrimeOnline article and follow their link to the youtube. CrimeOnline is an approved source. If the video is not available through the approved source of CrimeOnline, do NOT link directly to the youtuber.

Thank you.

13. NervousNellie

It still plays for me. o_O

14. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Me, too. I edited my post.

fcavanaugh, Steelslady, Kyte and 2 others like this.
  15. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Their Hinky Meters are either broken or missing entirely? :D

16. Jackielee09

Jackielee09 Former Member

Do not sleuth mountain lion. Just kidding we can.

17. Elle*Bee

Elle*Bee We're all just stories in the end.

I agree. There are some people, who when a crisis hits, immediately go into “fix it” mode. There’s a problem (missing wife) that needs solving so I’ll do Step 1, Step 2, etc. Logical versus emotional. Grief can occur after checking off the boxes on my To Do list (1. Call police. 2. Call family. 3. Check security camera footage...hmmm).

I operate this way to an extent. Many of the first responder types I know have this trait. (My hubby is former LE, one son is former EMT, plus I have several close friends who are fire fighters.). JMO.

BM, as a volunteer firefighter, may have similar traits. His apparent lack of emotion doesn’t necessarily mean he’s uncaring. Plus we don’t know how he responds at the end of the day behind closed doors.

Not speculating on his guilt or innocence, but I’ve seen some crocodile tears shed by guilty people and I’ve seen very stoic innocent people.

18. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

I am not sure you can glean anything from this video. To be honest I would sound just like that if I was in a similar circumstance.

I would watch what LE is doing and so far it has been pretty much focused on one thing.

19. NervousNellie

My initial take was "believable," but I pretended I was one of the senior sleuthers and listened again (and again), with my headphones on and the volume turned up, and I noticed a lot more. My position on the fence is quite a bit less upright after the additional listens.

20. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 Well-Known Member

For the obvious reasons, by his own words out of his mouth, we already know Tyler isn't an honorable person...then calling him brother and exchanging phone numbers and offerings to help....puh-leeze.

Well it makes perfect sense to me. Hey we are all different, don’t have to agree. It has already been posted here that people feel differently about Barry's involvement now and the same is true on SM from what I'm reading. It has nothing to do with changing actual evidence…all to do with perception of him in the court of public opinion. Barry has free reign to trash LE, to say they contaminated the evidence, to create the narrative of what happened. To add additional scenarios, already discounted but they help murky the waters and were reinforced and NO QUESTIONS asked. Barry doesn’t wonder why this person just happens to be hanging around there, in a remote area, where his wife just went missing. Hadn’t noticed him earlier? Tyler can’t believe his good fortune…accidently having on his phone, running into Barry, having Barry be receptive and recording Barry,
    ( unbeknownst to Barry of course) . Wow, good day for both those guys, how serendipitous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.