Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
To whoever made her go missing: Colorado just indicted a man in no body murder. If y’all have already mentioned. Sorry, I can’t read through everything. Charlene Voight
I’m sure there is a thread, I’ll check it out.

Defamation of Character? Part II.
I'm pretty sure one of them already weighed in this morning on the aspect of "consent". I'm only curious about MyBelle's comment regarding defamation of character.
If DOC could be charged in that regard, I'm sure glad I don't have my legal name attached to any of my posts.
@Knox
:) 'Scuse me for repeating part of my earlier comment on this point.
What false & defamatory stmt did youtuber make/post about BM? What damages did BM suffer?
Based on youtuber's "Raw Interview" vid talking w BM (I have not seen any other of his vids or posts), I did not hear or read any stmt seeming to fall into defamatory or
'defamatory per se' category. For more re US law on civil defamation, see text in my post 717.
If BM were to file suit against youtuber re this vid, imo, judge would grant motion for dismissal as petition fails state to a cause of action upon which relief may be granted. jmo

Maybe a verified atty will weigh in to the contrary. Thx in adv. :)

BBM: "I may look foolish in the end"
I like WS because I don't think anyone here thinks anyone is "foolish" or "off their rocker" for stating their thoughts or theories. It's good to post our thoughts, observations and theories and others respectfully question or post comments to each other. Everyone is so respectful on this site even though we may not all agree on any or all of the points.

It's how we learn. I know I'm making mistakes. But I am learning a lot here.

With Covid-19, were there a lot of restaurants offering sit-down dining on Mother's Day?
Not at all.. I was just noting it's the busiest holiday of the year, meaning people do celebrate it as a family usually, not just mothers and children. Another poster pointed out to me that owning your own business often leads to working weekends and holidays something I didn't think of.

Last edited:
It's not at all unusual. In the case of Faye Swetlik, something belonging to her was found and the public wasn't immediately told what it was.
JMO

I wasn’t referring the the item LE found. I was referring to items she would have had on her body that LE has not found. Those items could be helpful in locating her, and relatively easy to identify since it is her biking gear.

Wow... what a video! I admit that I felt uncomfortable watching it. Almost like I would get “caught” watching and somehow get into trouble.

I thought for sure there could be legal ramifications for Tyson by lying about recording it, but upthread a few pages back, one of our trusted attorneys (Riolove, I think) stated that only one party consent in CO. And even if Tyson lies about not recording, NO one MADE BM talk to him. I wonder now if LE is what made Tyson take them down?

If I were to watch the video without knowing a thing about this case, I might believe BM is sincerely looking for his missing wife.

However, I’ve been following this case from day one, and the actions of LE do not lead me in the direction of BM’s theories, especially, the part where LE breaks up concrete at a job location related to BM. MOO

I think it's more likely that IN plates belong to "school friends" that came to help or perhaps even his mother's vehicle.

In the first video (I posted a link although I’m not sure it’s still viewable) TD states he reported the bag #4 to LE and confirmed the silver truck with IN plates belonged to BM. He also proceeded to display his plate number.

I don't believe he talked to her or saw her at all on Sunday. Just my opinion, nothing I know anything about. But the fact that they ask for footage from 5/8 onward means they believe whatever happened could have happened on the 9th or the 10th. Not the 8th. We always ask for a window that encompasses, so if they ask for 5/8 - 5/12, that means they think there could be valuable information on 5/9, 5/10, and/or 5/11. Not the 8th or 12th. I could be wrong, but this is just what I think.

If it's true that he is a man who was always in control etc. etc., I don't believe for a minute he asked her permission to go to his job site on Sunday. That doesn't ring true, and more so just because he made a point to say it.

I think she was last seen and/or heard from on 5/9, not at all on 5/10, and they want to know his comings and goings on 5/10 and 5/11.

JMO.
"If it's true that he is a man who was always in control etc. etc., I don't believe for a minute he asked her permission to go to his job site on Sunday. That doesn't ring true, and more so just because he made a point to say it."
Actually there are men out there who have their women so well trained that they know they better answer the right answer or else. They have learned how to adapt. You can reverse that too. Sometimes we know there is only one answer for some situations or people.

B: So I told my wife, I said “Listen the girls gonna be home and they want to spend Mother's Day with you, Mind if I go get started? She said “That’s fine”

I struggle with this... Mother's Day is not just for your children to celebrate with you but usually for your husband to say thank you for being a great mother. It is by far the busiest day of the year in the restaurant business. It is a "family affair" type of holiday.
Another red flag IMO

I agree with you but for a different reason. I am a mother but could really care less. We’re all different. I think his story of traveling to Denver on the 10th varies from what has been reported. When the case first began it was reported BM was in Denver for the weekend for a work trip, implying a departure of Friday or Saturday.

I think he's getting disgusted. He's not happy about the investigation.
I don’t understand, it sounded like BM said in the latest video that he’s been cleared by LE (if that is in fact true). That should give him relief, seeing how most husbands/SOs are top on LE’s list until they are cleared.
Although, LE do have the right to lie if necessary. Hmmm. I really wish we knew if BM has been cleared because if he was, I would expect them to tell the public and take the heat off BM. But, alas, they have not.

I wasn’t referring the the item LE found. I was referring to items she would have had on her body that LE has not found. Those items could be helpful in locating her, and relatively easy to identify since it is her biking gear.

if she did not go for a bike ride she would not be wearing or carrying bike gear.

Pardon if he did say that. Thank you.
He did, I watched the original video before he posted the “audio” interview. He was concerned because he felt the whole thing was strange. He wanted to make sure BM couldn’t come after him legally and that he could post it. He then posted the video in question 6 hours later. Oddly enough, I took a screenshot of his YT channel last night just for reference.

If they truly have cleared him and haven't announced anything AND haven't visibly shifted the focus of the investigation (outward toward an abduction, for example), I'd be pretty upset if I were BM. Not that LE has to take the SO's feelings into account, but that does seem particularly awful to let someone twist in the wind like that, under the public's scrutiny, if you really have cleared him from suspicion (unless you have a prime suspect that you are closing in on and don't want to tip your hand).... but I certainly don't get that vibe from this case.
I think if BM had actually been cleared, LE would have at least made a statement that he is cooperating. Have we heard anything about BM meeting with LE or being interviewed?

I don’t understand, it sounded like BM said in the latest video that he’s been cleared by LE (if that is in fact true). That should give him relief, seeing how most husbands/SOs are top on LE’s list until they are cleared.
Although, LE do have the right to lie if necessary. Hmmm. I really wish we knew if BM has been cleared because if he was, I would expect them to tell the public and take the heat off BM. But, alas, they have not.
Great points. If LE has truly cleared BM, and they have definitely not come out and said anything of that sort, then if I were him, I would be yelling it from the rooftops! IMO

That would be a great way to stop all the speculation. If LE has cleared BM, then surely they could accommodate a press conference alongside BM, telling the public that he’s cleared, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53