Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart is only 10 miles away!??

Someone else said it was 117 + miles away but I think the wrong location was chosen on the map....
Maybe they had to buy household supplies ?
This investigation seems to hit snags but is far from cold; imo.

So we impatiently wait....

According to Google Maps, there is a Walmart in Salida.

Fence sitting here and still trying to give BM the benefit of the doubt .. just my different perspective on some things from the TD video with BM:

BM does start off by saying to the effect that it is emotional.

Where BM paused after the reference to Mother's Day, I actually had an impression that he choked up a bit with emotion and that it took the pause to compose himself.

With reference to "had two daughters", he is talking Mother's Day and the mother of their children and the life they had together.

As for any "threat" at the end, it sounded to me like there was a mild attempt at some humor, nothing warranting embellishment or sensationalizing.

Is it known at what time her bike was found on May 10th? That's pretty fast if she was reported missing on May 10 but also entirely possible if her family knew her usual route and I have no reason to believe they didn't know it.

JMO
I don’t recall that a time was ever stated. I also have thought the bike being found Sunday was a quick find but if everyone assumed she had gone for a bike ride maybe they looked for it right away.

BBM
So why would a loving concerned husband LEAK information to a total stranger knowing it could damage the case? If LE asked him not to speak, why was he?
He thinks they aren’t doing a good job? I get that but he’s not dumb, he’s got an attorney.
If he had been trying to investigate TD, I might understand but he was specifically relating as much information as he possibly could about his theories as well as what he had been told. I’d say he’s trying his damndest to damage this case ...JMO.

It could be that he thought TD was sincere and wanted to help or that he is loosing faith in law enforcement and wants others to help. He could also be a talkative person by nature.

Yes! What are the odds of catching them on their way to the nearest Walmart that is 117 miles away? That's phenomenal luck, IMO
https://www.mystore411.com/store/list_state/3/Colorado/Walmart-store-locations
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
TD says he went to the Walmart in Salida about 10 miles away, mentions how surreal it was to be sitting in the parking lot reviewing his video of BM while seeing banners about SM being missing and then seeing BM and his Mom walking across the parking lot. Apparently that’s where BM and mother were headed when they stopped to talk to TD.
IMO no one followed the other. Not a big coincidence in small town. JMO

@Dave F. said:
The "personal item" belonging to SM found by LE searchers was announced in the Chaffee County Sheriff Bulletin dated Friday May 15, 2020. The bicycle was discovered the morning of Monday May 11, 2020. It is doubtful that the two were in close proximity. IMO
HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff

LE has never said they found the bike. For that information, I use the same non-LE sources that you do. Sunday night or Monday morning really doesn't matter. It is not reasonable to believe that LE searched the same small area continually for five days before finding their next clue. IMO

@Dave F., quoted directly from your post, the question was simple and specific to your statement as fact:

"The bicycle was discovered the morning of Monday May 11, 2020."

Asked only for any MSM link that according to your post, contradicted the MSM report attributed to TN, and in this case, not only by the date-- but also the time of day. That's pretty significant on a day that the POI had much to say about the bicycle.

And to be clear, you did not use the same MSM (non-LE) sources as I did -- you provided and/or used no MSM source. The statement is a rumor at best.

But you certainly solved who took liberties here -- so thank you.

MOO

I don’t recall that a time was ever stated. I also have thought the bike being found Sunday was a quick find but if everyone assumed she had gone for a bike ride maybe they looked for it right away.
Agree and confirming there was never any time provided as to when the bike was located. (there's a misleading post stated as fact upthread).

The only MSM report was attributed to TN where he said that the bike was located on Sunday by LE. (All statements not confirmed by LE).

Thanks, Dave. For some reason, I thought the bike was found on May 10, 2020. If it was found on May, 11, BM may have been there and was asked to identify it.

JMO
You are correct @MyBelle. The only MSM report was attributed to nephew TN who stated that the bike was located on Sunday, May 10. @Dave F. post is incorrect and there's no MSM source citing the bike located on May 11.

Can you give us an idea of how deep and how fast the river is running? I used to live by a river that in the summer was about two feet deep and sluggish but during the spring it came over the banks over 6 feet high and moved very fast. This river was about 30 feet wide where I lived but widened as much as 50 feet in places and narrowed in areas that you could jump across it. It emptied into Georgian Bay.

I saw that someone gave you numbers, but for a visual, it's probably about like this photo Also if you look on Zillow at sold real estate in the area, a house at 19051 Monarch River Drive has good photos of the river. If those were taken later in the summer the water would be a little lower than it was a few weeks ago w/snow melting. Hope that helps. The bridges aren't very high above the water.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 1.10.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 1.10.15 AM.png
    513.5 KB · Views: 52
Does anyone have a clue what is BM’s number one theory
re what happened to Suzanne, they all seem to involve the bike, so was it abduction, or falling off her bike and ending up being swept into the river.
Was the mountain lion a late idea, when for some reason his bike theory didnt fly with LE.

What did BM "leak" that could damage the case? I've seen nothing. Did the stranger turn around and immediately turn over the video to LE? Not that I'm aware.

Why did the stranger intentionally lie to BM to give him the impression he wasn't being recorded?

JMO
BBM
To give the impression that the interview was genuine.

I have a question regarding the neighbor. I could understand the neighbor noticing SM vehicle was still at the home. But how would she know or realize the bike was missing. Most people leave their bikes inside the garage. It’s never good for bikes to be left outside all the time, the weather can cause a beautiful bike to rust. I doubt SM kept her bike outside at night.
During Barrys unplanned talk with a complete stranger, who happened to be in the right place at right time.
He mentioned the neighbor went to check on SM at the home. She noticed the car was still there, but the bike was missing. How would she know where SM kept her bike.

Well, it has been speculated that the cameras stopped working 4-5 days prior to the day SM was reported missing. I’ve searched for the article but have not found it. Maybe a fellow WS knows where it is in the media file.
I searched for confirmation of this for a couple of hours one night and could find nothing anywhere. Which makes me think it is rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21