Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am leaning towards that BM knew that he was being recorded. I guess you can say Planned. I can understand that BM doesn't want to talk to mainstream media. I found the details on the video interesting. If he wasn't giving a planned interview why so open? Everything I have seen about him is that he is standoffish. So all the sudden a Man who he don't know he speaks his version (opinion) of theroys. A lot of things I am shocked about in life. This isn't going to 1 of them. The encounter I don't believe was by chance. I wouldn't open up to stranger if my loved one was missing. I am trying not firmly believe that it was a planned event but BM sure was making his views known. JUST MY THOUGHTS

Thanks, Dave. For some reason, I thought the bike was found on May 10, 2020. If it was found on May, 11, BM may have been there and was asked to identify it.

JMO

The only source of the bike being found was from nephew, TN. I believe you are correct in that the bike was found Sunday, May 10

Noel says her bike was found that evening, but Morphew was nowhere to be found. Sheriff John Spezze has told CBS4 it was “probably not” animals. Noel urged people to question the sheriff about the condition of the bike.

Beyond the surreptitious Manner of taking the video, what about him gave you that impression? Sketchy? Did you see both videos?
There were actually 3 videos by Tyler re BM. The interview video, a pre-interview video, and a post-interview video. Probably not critical to the question here, but I thought worth mentioning again to hopefully head off additional confusion about the various videos...which have since been taken down.

There were actually 3 videos by Tyler re BM. The interview video, a pre-interview video, and a post-interview video. Probably not critical to the question here, but I thought worth mentioning again to hopefully head off additional confusion about the various videos...which have since been taken down.
Okay, if we are doing that, which I agree is worthwhile. There was one (wearing a yellow shirt) further referred to as #1. #2 was a video he uploaded that was quick, still on the rainy day yet he’s wearing a long sleeve gray t-shirt. He said he had a video coming as soon with a secret interview as soon as he had some procured some legal advice. A few hours later the #3, “secret interview” was uploaded. Then, as I understand, he uploaded a fourth, which I did not see.

All have been taken down.

Is it known at what time her bike was found on May 10th? That's pretty fast if she was reported missing on May 10 but also entirely possible if her family knew her usual route and I have no reason to believe they didn't know it.

JMO

Okay, if we are doing that, which I agree is worthwhile. There was one (wearing a yellow shirt) further referred to as #1. #2 was a video he uploaded that was quick, still on the rainy day yet he’s wearing a long sleeve gray t-shirt. He said he had a video coming as soon with a secret interview as soon as he had some procured some legal advice. A few hours later the #3, “secret interview” was uploaded. Then, as I understand, he uploaded a fourth, which I did not see.

All have been taken down.
Thank you for this additional info!
Interesting there was a fourth ... was it also done *after* the interview with BM?

Information that's leaked can damage a criminal case. There may potentially be something the prosecution may no longer be able to use during a trial now that thousands have watched this video. I'm glad it's been removed.
Jmo.
BBM
So why would a loving concerned husband LEAK information to a total stranger knowing it could damage the case? If LE asked him not to speak, why was he?
He thinks they aren’t doing a good job? I get that but he’s not dumb, he’s got an attorney.
If he had been trying to investigate TD, I might understand but he was specifically relating as much information as he possibly could about his theories as well as what he had been told. I’d say he’s trying his damndest to damage this case ...JMO.

I never saw that, I only saw the First three I referenced, but I understand there was.
On re-reading your post, it sounds like there were two preinterview videos (one very brief, as you say). The post-interview video was Tyler’s commentary/reaction to his conversation with BM, what I believe you refer to as #4. If I’m following you ...

Well my opinion is that LE may have requested he take the videos down as BM might have let something 'slip'; or TD commented in the 4th video and guessed too close to the truth.

I admit I'm nosy about why BM and his mother were out there at that location.
LE haven't asked anyone to search for Suzanne and it would appear they have enough reason to believe she's not out in the wilderness.

To be a fly on the wall and listen to what was said between mom and son.....
Imo.

Last edited:
Beyond the surreptitious Manner of taking the video, what about him gave you that impression? Sketchy? Did you see both videos?

The way he pretended later that he didn't know he was recording BM even though he clearly knew he was recording based on the way he addressed the camera at the end. That's all. Just makes me think he would have no problem pretending to run into them later at Walmart even though he followed them. Lol! Pure speculation, of course.

On re-reading your post, it sounds like there were two preinterview videos (one very brief, as you say). The post-interview video was Tyler’s commentary/reaction to his conversation with BM, what I believe you refer to as #4. If I’m following you ...
Yes.
1. Walking the area, over the bridge and creek, finding the bag entitled “Day 4”
2. A quick video saying “stay tuned, I have video of Barry coming once I have some legal advice.
3. The secret Interview
4. Post interview discussing his “impressions”. Which I never saw.

Sorry for the confusing post.

BBM
So why would a loving concerned husband LEAK information to a total stranger knowing it could damage the case? If LE asked him not to speak, why was he?
He thinks they aren’t doing a good job? I get that but he’s not dumb, he’s got an attorney.
If he had been trying to investigate TD, I might understand but he was specifically relating as much information as he possibly could about his theories as well as what he had been told. I’d say he’s trying his damndest to damage this case ...JMO.
What did BM "leak" that could damage the case? I've seen nothing. Did the stranger turn around and immediately turn over the video to LE? Not that I'm aware.

Why did the stranger intentionally lie to BM to give him the impression he wasn't being recorded?

JMO

FWIW...I heard it too. He was back and forth on SM all morning about whether to post or not...finally he was going to get a 'legal opinion". It was hours before he actually posted, I wasn't sure the video really existed and was surprised to see it pop up here as TY is not MSM and an unknown but there is no denying that is Barry.
No MSM has picked this story/video up. That alone speaks volumes to me.

Even though BM claims he told the reporter to stop recording, it also appears BM has done nothing legally to demand this video be taken down. I take that as tacit approval.

JMO, MOO

I don't think that BLM ever served on active duty in the military himself, and his friend is a veteran of a very elite regiment, with their own language and a requirement that every soldier be highly skilled in reconnaissance. I don't personally care whether it's 400 or 40 or 4; my opinion is that BLM selected a highly qualified man to lead his private search. JMO
JMO, ITA, He had confidence in him! If I needed a tracker, I know which friend I would call. IMO BM isn’t bragging about himself, he is reassuring himself. IMO, at this point an innocent man would be second guessing himself just as much as a guilty one.
JMO
I am still on the fence as a few others but I am leaning toward what LE may have thought the other day when they did the search under some concrete.

To entertain the possibility of an abductor who is not from the immediate family, there is only one scenario that I could entertain.

She is riding her bike and has a wreck off the side of that road because of loose gravel. She is injured but manages to climb back to the road surface to begin her walk home. A random person driving by offers her a lift and things go south from there.

The odds of a random person taking advantage of her situation doesnt seem too likely. What is even more unlikely to me is some random person knowing her driving routine and waiting for her. So if I am considering some abductor not from the family, then it would have to be some random person that would have been on that road by chance, and that person would have to be a serious criminal type person for them to have decided to take advantage of an injured bicyclist.

It is a hard pill to swallow that theory IMO. Anything is possible but I just cannot see that right now. A cougar attack would be more likely than that and I dont like the cougar theory very much right now either.
JMO ITA, I wanted to totally rule out this myself. I wonder if there is a predator in local area, who is either a cyclist or has a connection to that community...

a lone biker would have a vulnerability and could have been stalked. Jmo the targeting may have been thru her route, but the abduction may have been by van, the stalking may have been a lengthy one...

JMO the vandalism on the trails might have been minor, but they could have been practice...

Extremely less likely, but I probably won’t cross it off yet.

I can see a log on the road at the blind curve, throwing SM off the bike ...I don’t see SM being able to fight back after that.

Well my opinion is that LE may have requested he take the videos down as BM might have let something 'slip'; or TD commented in the 4th video and guessed too close to the truth.

I admit I'm nosy about why BM and his mother were out there at that location.
LE haven't asked anyone to search for Suzanne and it would appear they have enough reason to believe she's not out in the wilderness.

To be a fly on the wall and listen to what was said between mom and son.....
Imo.
I’m certain mama is getting the same story he’s spinning to everyone else about what happened on Sunday. What I’d really like to know is what he’s telling her about what he and SM did on Friday and Saturday. Surely, he would reminisce about his last days with his beloved wife?? That might be just as big a “story.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member