Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the large banners (Walmart, restaurants, etc.) and flyers taped on light posts around town that have the reward info were posted by team BM. I think we've seen these on MSM.

The distinct difference between the posters currently being distributed by LE (seen below) and team BM is that the reward info is excluded.

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

Folks in Salida, CO are telling me that deputies are handing out these flyers at grocery stores asking people for information on #SuzanneMorphew Note there is no reward listed on this flyer. #FindSuzanne

5:46 PM · Jun 10, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
ok, thanks for correcting me.

If there is ever a trial, you can bet on Sheriff Spezze being asked by a defence attorney to clarify, “How many people touched the bike?”

OH I think LE would just luurrrve to talk about that 'bike ride' who said she took said ride
& analyze all that every which way but loose!

Hmmm. who indeed touched that bike....or...the absence of fingerprints, perhaps - even SMs...

Yep

Think LE looking forward to that trial....

JMO

Thinking of all those who never got justice.....

I dearly hope that SM is found soon.

The one thing that nags me about BM as the focus of investigation is that I have a hard time seeing him allowing his daughters’ mother to never be found. Crimes of passion I can understand; I’ve “seen” plenty of that in my lifetime. But the daily reality of denying your daughters the closure of laying their mother to rest..... that’s hard for me to believe. I still hope he’s innocent, for the girls.

MOO
If BM killed his wife, if he’s capable of that act, then it’s not a stretch to believe that he doesn’t have his daughters’ best interest in mi
Hi everyone - I have been following along quietly, and have read everything except for the last few hours (I skipped ahead to ask this question.). So, this entire time I do not think I have heard this mentioned one way or another. Do we know who actually located and found the bike? I don’t feel it is safe to assume that LE found it. I think it may be possible that someone related to SM found it and alerted the LE search team. That could explain how TN and BM seem to know what condition it was in, where exactly it was located and how it was positioned. It could also explain some of the reticence if LE to talk about it much. Maybe I am off base and I missed something, but nothing I read convinced me either way about who actually found it. Any ideas, peeps?
In an interview we hear BM complain that the bike evidence was contaminated from ten LE individuals mishandling the bike. Like you mentioned, finding the bike’s initial location could’ve been made by BM, the neighbor and whoever else may have come by first before LE was on the scene. LE isn’t saying and BM isn’t saying. IMO LE isn’t treating the
Agreed.
One could add "Absurd" to that list.....
Referring to that spontaneous interview with TD, where BM mentioned the bike wheel and a mountain lion in the same interview.
"...Let me tell you what happened..."

As well as the possible abductor in his infomercial.
Make up your mind.
Imo.
In a weird way it’s like Barry is saying, “Hey folks, choose your own adventure.”

SALIDA, Colo. (CBS4) — A residential construction site is now the focus of the search for Suzanne Morphew, a Colorado woman who was reported missing from her Chaffee County home on Mother’s Day. The property owner confirmed to CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Suzanne’s husband was hired to lay dirt on the riverfront land, located east of Salida.

My comment stands. Where does it say he was there?

I think that document specified a real estate transaction. Some speculated that the real estate transaction may have been in progress long before SM disappeared.

MOO
I wonder how long before she disappeared. Like was it the first week of May? Somewhere, somebody may have mentioned when the first part of the transaction happened. Could the first part have been transacted just before she went "missing". In other words, could she have objected and he somehow initiated the transaction with an unwitnessed signature, not needing a witnessed or notarized signature until the sale was completed? Just speculating here, moo

Hey just catching back up...are you using 6 ft as an example or are the skeletal remains of that body actually 6 ft?? If so where did you read that? I think you are just answering my question of how they can determine or r/o identity. And thank you those are all good ideas I never thought of...especially hair.

Yes, just an example. No one can know immediately the exact height of the person, if the skeleton is disarticulated. However, there are known ratios between say, a long leg bone, and height. That would be known really quickly. The estimate of Suzanne's height in NAMUS (but nowhere on her missing posters) is 5'4".

Typically, that same leg bone will help, along with other clues in the bones, determine sex (pelvis and skull are commonly used). Age is usually derived from teeth, bone maturity and bones that have tree-ring type growth that can be measured. X-ray of wrist bones is a preferred method for getting a close estimate for kids. But different forensic units have different tech available.

They may be able to extract DNA, too, depending on state of the bones and decomp. A hair follicle would work.

There were theories tossed around that maybe a passerby propped up the bike after finding it abandoned.

What do you mean about the article being ahead of her, and not behind? I understand that the article was found closer to her home than the bike. So either something that she dropped earlier in the ride, or the abductor took her back in the direction of the home and it got dropped somehow.

More likely to me, there was no bike ride that day.

MOO

I don’t think SM rode her bike on Mother’s Day, either, I think the bike was staged, thrown off the road along Puma Path or County Road 225.

Then, the articles found were west of the County Road 225 and Hwy 50, so they were further away from the house. But all locations are close to the Morphew house, well within walking distance.

The South Arkansas River, which runs by Hwy 50 and the Morphew house, is more a creek, rocky and shallow. I cannot imagine a body traveling down that waterway the 12-15 miles to Salida and the Arkansas River, let alone anywhere beyond. The South Arkansas also flows into a pond close to Maysville, downstream from the Morphew house, that looks like an old hydroelectric plant maybe.

I’m probably in the minority, but I’ve wondered if the nephew telling people to ask about the condition of the bike is because the wheel was locked by the little gizmo that keeps a bike wheel from spinning during transit when it is on a car or truck bike rack. Which means the bike couldn’t have been ridden to where it was found.

(The bike! The bike! It gives me heartburn.)

His Find SM Facebook went silent soon after, and I’ve wondered if he was starting to suspect BM for SM’s disappearance.

Which might also explain the addition of BM and his mother to the g f m account. Could the nephew have been trying to distance himself from BM?

Lots of thoughts spinning in my brain since the discovery of the kids JJ and Tyler in the Vallow/Daybell case. Which, incidentally, came 9+ months after they were last seen.

So, I think LE are just getting started in their search for SM.

Just my suppositions and opinions. Thank you all for being here for SM, whether we agree or not on who might be responsible.

He was? When? I’ve seen nothing in an approved source saying anything other than that the property owner met him three weeks before Suzanne disappeared. What is your source for saying he was there? At any time ever.
I also remember somewhere reading that the homeowner said BM was there. I can’t find it of course. Anyone else?

Hi everyone - I have been following along quietly, and have read everything except for the last few hours (I skipped ahead to ask this question.). So, this entire time I do not think I have heard this mentioned one way or another. Do we know who actually located and found the bike? I don’t feel it is safe to assume that LE found it. I think it may be possible that someone related to SM found it and alerted the LE search team. That could explain how TN and BM seem to know what condition it was in, where exactly it was located and how it was positioned. It could also explain some of the reticence if LE to talk about it much. Maybe I am off base and I missed something, but nothing I read convinced me either way about who actually found it. Any ideas, peeps?

In the Tyson Draper interview, BM tells Draper where it was found ("The bike was found at the bottom of the hill by that tree where the peak is") and begins to tell Draper how it was positioned but then stops himself ("The wheel was facing---"). He doesn't say who found the bike, although given the context there is some implication it was LE. <modsnip: random youtube video is not an approved source>

Why do you think it's important who found the bicycle, btw?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members