Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also believe that if he wanted control over finding out what happened to Suzanne, he would have been out there on Day One screaming to the heavens about her. He would be leading the charge. He wouldn’t be saying, “It’s too soon” or recording carefully controlled pleas to imagined kidnappers.
I hope I am wrong and you are right. I love that, for the most part, we can sit on opposite sides of our theories here on WS and be able to engage in intelligent debate.
RSBM

When it comes to money$, we saw how quickly he moved to take total control. Shamelessly collecting money from that give me fund site and successfully acquiring Guardianship in less than a month.

Money is very important to this guy. Wife? Not so much lately. No recent happy family photos is one evidence. Says a mountain lion may have taken her either this way or that way.

All JMO

Nope, I don’t believe ANYONE thinks she took off on her own. I believe BM has kept her isolated through careful manipulations from her family and others over the years.
I think he’s controlling and knew every move SM made.
I think calling LE immediately (or what appeared to be immediately after her disappearance) was just part of his plan.
Must have been some plan, because it’s been 5 weeks at I’m not aware that he has been arrested yet.

Must have been some plan, because it’s been 5 weeks at I’m not aware that he has been arrested yet.
Five weeks is nothing. I fully anticipate this to go on a hell of a lot longer than that.

It took Colorado authorities about 5 weeks to make an arrest in the Stauch case, but that was only because the killer left an absolute mountain of evidence in her wake.

The Dulos case took 7 months for murder charges to be filed, despite them having a bloody crime scene, and catching him red handed dumping blood covered items.

No-body cases take time, especially when you don’t have either a cooperating witness, or an incredible amount of evidence.

I do wonder about the alpha male thing. I also wonder if BM was actually successful. We have no idea where the money came from to perpetuate their lifestyle. I didn’t see much on the landscaping side. Maybe it’s more in real estate. I don’t think we truly know anything for sure. You can own or rent equipment and be a sub contractor without substantial earnings.
As an unmarried woman who has dated a fair bit, I find the alpha male thing to be a kind of a myth. The man who exhibits the most overt “alpha” traits is typically not the most confident, intelligent, self possessed man. There is a fragility of ego and self esteem in the stereotypical alpha attributes, the: hunter, guns, controlling, big muscles, look how strong I am type of guy. You know, like they’re overcompensating for a lack of something. Just my experience/opinion.

Five weeks is nothing. I fully anticipate this to go on a hell of a lot longer than that.

Yes, it very well could. I’m just not sure that it’s the ‘slam dunk’ case that many are making it out to be. Maybe it was well planned? If BM decided to catch a plane for the Caribbean tomorrow, are we confident, LE could prevent him from disappearing?

Last edited:
Yes, it very well could. I’m just not sure that it’s the ‘slam dunk’ case that many are making it out to be. Maybe it was well planned?
There’s absolutely no way of knowing where the case stands, let alone whether it is a “slam dunk” or not.

We need evidence for that, and we don’t even have basic facts here (an actual timeline to work with).

I’m using law enforcement’s handling of this as a guide, and all I can say with confidence, is that they suspect BM is behind this.

Well planned doesn’t mean well executed, so we’ll see.

As an unmarried woman who has dated a fair bit, I find the alpha male thing to be a kind of a myth. The man who exhibits the most overt “alpha” traits is typically not the most confident, intelligent, self possessed man. There is a fragility of ego and self esteem in the stereotypical alpha attributes, the: hunter, guns, controlling, big muscles, look how strong I am type of guy. You know, like they’re overcompensating for a lack of something. Just my experience/opinion.

Yup. They’re often insecure about their masculinity. And while it’s true that being a sociopathic, aggressive type can sometimes be good for business, there are plenty reasonable, non-alphas who do quite well.

Yes, it very well could. I’m just not sure that it’s the ‘slam dunk’ case that many are making it out to be. Maybe it was well planned? If BM decided to catch a plane for the Caribbean tomorrow, are we confident, LE could prevent him from disappearing?

I don’t think one person is saying this is a slam dunk. Hopefully they will get the evidence they need but that can take a lot of time and work. Sometimes weeks, months or even years. Sometimes never.

OldCop, I agree with you on some points, however I interpret his skill set as making him more aware of clue's that are ALWAYS left behind, and the impossibility of getting around that. He would also recognize that as advanced as his skills most assuredly are, LE also has many of his kind. Hence his disgust when they destroyed most of the evidence where the bike was found. To him.....evey clue they needed was at the bike, the tracks, how the bike got there, all of it was right there on the gravel road, and in the grass leading to the bike. They destroyed that, and maybe his trust in the process.

He claimed they did. We don’t know that that’s true. I don’t tend to believe it.

Since you mention it, I do like to think about attempts at "perfect murders." Murders are planned, we know that. Some are better planners than others. And some have way more equipment and geography at their disposal.

Let's just say that you did live in an isolated community where only one neighbor could see your driveway and most of the neighborhood was empty because they're mostly AirBnB's and there's CoVid. Previously, you and family were a bit more socially active, but now...complete isolation.

What if you also had a really good plan? I can think of a good plan (based on things said by WSers, actually).

The plan allows for several days to destroy and move evidence/body. Then, before the person's disappearance is discovered, the final part of the plan is to have someone else find her missing.

No signs of murder, just a missing person case. That's a very good start to a murder plan. Right?

I"m just speaking in general, of ways that people can plan murders. I do think some people get away with murder due to planning. Scott Peterson thought he'd be one of them, but several things led to his downfall. A person with more self-control could have worked that plan a bit better (plus Peterson apparently didn't understand water and how weighted bodies work).

So yes, whoever disappeared Suzanne (regardless of who it is) may have had and probably did have a pretty darned good plan..

RSBM

When it comes to money$, we saw how quickly he moved to take total control. Shamelessly collecting money from that give me fund site and successfully acquiring Guardianship in less than a month.

Money is very important to this guy. Wife? Not so much lately. No recent happy family photos is one evidence. Says a mountain lion may have taken her either this way or that way.

All JMO

Yeah I mean we can see that the fear and grief of having a missing spouse hasn’t hurt his ability to be organized, seek legal assistance and participate in litigation to secure assets and participate in a crowd funding effort.

gitana1, they are not looking for a vehicle w/ a 265/85/R-17 Goodyear wrangler tire, or an individual wearing size 9 Adidas Gazelle running shoe....sold only in 5 shops in the state, or anything of the sort. The evidence at the scene was either destroyed, or is being kept secret. It's a gravel road, the tracks where there at one time.

gitana1, they are not looking for a vehicle w/ a 265/85/R-17 Goodyear wrangler tire, or an individual wearing size 9 Adidas Gazelle running shoe....sold only in 5 shops in the state, or anything of the sort. The evidence at the scene was either destroyed, or is being kept secret. It's a gravel road, the tracks where there at one time.
JMO or the original vehicle has been found w/evidence of Suzanne being there, and the second vehicle is unknown.

If BM is guilty, are pride and stubbornness the only things preventing him from disappearing? He is clearly not “saving face” by sticking around.

I guess if he takes off now, he leaves a lot of money on the table.
Guilty or not, I don't see BM fleeing or disappearing. He needs to be surrounded by his oversized dwelling and trappings as all this "stuff" is his self-reflection. If anything, he'll slowly liquidate and recreate the same in a different location. JMO

He has his daughters to think of too. jmo

To quote Pat Benatar, "It's a little too little, it's a little too late."
Which is to say, it's way too little and much, much too late for that now.

If what I think happened here is what's happened here, there's no reason to expect that concern regarding how his daughters will be impacted will factor into any of BM's actions.

JMO.

Last edited:
If BM is guilty, are pride and stubbornness the only things preventing him from disappearing? He is clearly not “saving face” by sticking around.

I guess if he takes off now, he leaves a lot of money on the table.

JMO
Its a good question because if someone was really guilty of this and they sensed LE was closing in on them then taking off and trying to hide in a far away land would be something that would cross their mind. If they wanted to not spend their remaining days behind bars then by running it at least gives them a chance since there is not much to lose in trying to hide away for as long as they can if they knew that Life in Prison would be the result of a guilty verdict and they knew they were guilty.

Some countries may even be a safe haven for someone with some money so it is a possibility that it could happen if the person really is guilty and if LE is closing in.

I suppose it would all depend on if the person felt LE was very close or not to arresting them. Or if the person felt that even if arrested they felt they could fight it in court and actually win their case due to lack of evidence. The latter would be a gamble for them. Some are willing to take that kind of gamble.

Some others choose a more permanent way out to avoid prison by offing themselves and I hope that doesnt happen in this case. Its not good for anyone and especially the person choosing that option.

How convenient for B. Morphew that the police “destroyed” all of the evidence, the fingerprints, footprints, tire tracks...what luck for him if he is the perpetrator.

Again, how many of these “coincidences” keep lining up to favor B? Let us not get discouraged.

The absence of proof is not proof of absence. <modsnip>

MHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Something to the effect of “my aunt,” and “her husband.” Which is weird, because he’s from BM’s side of the family.

Sounds like he's being so very careful in what he says. Walking a very thin line in trying to sound sincere and being careful not to say too much. OTOH, he may be so distraught, he can't remember what he said. It's hard to know. I think he's walking a very thin tightrope trying to keep things straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769