Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking directly to the victim, rather than the abductor, is a pretty standard ploy to involve the victim as a third party in the negotiation process for ransom payment, thereby adding assurance that the victim is alive. IMO
I agree with you. I've watched quite a few news videos (yt) and some of them go back over a decade and and some were from the 70s. The wording in the pleas is similar in almost all of them. The majority that I watched mentioned a financial incentive for a safe return and ask that whoever has their loved one them off where they could get help. "No questions asked, we just want them back". It's not unusual.

Pun intended, Dave F?

Sorry, following this case is tough. As always, where is Suzanne?

LE must, by now, have a treasure trove of digital evidence. But, via posts by others who work with investigators and LE, we know digging through that digital evidence is going to take a LOT of time.

Another dose of patience needed.

Counting 48 days so far. IMO

I agree with you. I've watched quite a few news videos (yt) and some of them go back over a decade and and some were from the 70s. The wording in the pleas is similar in almost all of them. The majority that I watched mentioned a financial incentive for a safe return and ask that whoever has their loved one them off where they could get help. "No questions asked, we just want them back". It's not unusual.

IMO the problem wasn't really the wording, although a little weird feeling, it was the lack of anything from BM.

Exactly. If he felt he HAD to make the video because pressure was building for some kind of statement from him, why only put the video on FB? Why not a public release thru the media? It’s like he wanted as few people as possible to see it.

It's extremely unusual that it was only uploaded on FB and Zuckerberg billions aside, not everyone uses that site and most of us don't get our news solely from it ---- thankfully.

I may have missed this completely, but has any MSM (not random yt'ers) taken that video for their own "update" and published it for public consumption?

It's extremely unusual that it was only uploaded on FB and Zuckerberg billions aside, not everyone uses that site and most of us don't get our news solely from it ---- thankfully.

I may have missed this completely, but has any MSM (not random yt'ers) taken that video for their own "update" and published it for public consumption?

IMO, yes and that was my point. Just google her or Barry’s name & recent media articles usually site BM’s video. It’s out there.

BBM^^^ ...and groups that stay COMPLETELY out of the public eye bc i have not heard of ONE single public search party since the day she went missing.

I would bet money that the two neighbors were called. I would have to think about the RV Park owner, as I don't think he had moved up there for the season yet. Maybe the searchers just knocked on RV doors. could be wrong, too. That's pretty much it for the public search witnesses. IMO.

My thoughts ........(the bike) The bike is eating away at me. Who had easy access to the bike?, two people come to mind, SM and BM. I don't think a perp would stage the bike to look like an abduction, I could be wrong.I thought maybe BM had a helper with planting the bike but I think BM is an army of one kind of guy. The timing is bugging me, of when and who got it to where it was (supposedly) found. This also came two mind,did BM say to SM, let me take your bike in for a tuneup and maybe that is when it was planted.

Just moopinion

J4SM

'Honey, I Love You': Suzanne Morphew's Husband Speaks Out For First Time In Wife's Disappearance

Husband Pleads for Wife Suzanne Morphew's Return Home in Colorado

Husband makes video plea to bring back 49-year-old wife who went missing on Mother's Day

Husband says he’ll do ‘whatever it takes’ for missing Colorado woman to be returned safely

'I'll do whatever it takes': Husband of missing woman makes tearful plea for her safe return

Let me know if you'd like more links.

sbm
Respectfully, many of the people that donate to these causes can ill afford to do so. They are hardworking, generous folk that will give up something in order to help someone else out...admirable. Nothing "classy" about tearing at the heartstrings of compassionate people when you have the means.

I agree with you a certain extent.

1) I wholeheartedly agree that too many people who are legitimately struggling to live, get emotionally swayed or even emotionally blackmailed into giving away their money
and in some cases, they give to greedy people that have more money than heart and compassion.

2) I also have to respect that folks (who donate to all kinds of fundraisers and that includes those who tithe to their churches) have the same intelligence that everyone else has. The people donating on that site have access to the same information that we have and it's their choice based on what they know, think and feel.

Can you imagine a plea for the safe return and saying "please return them unharmed and you will be prosecuted to the fullest."

IMO, yes and that was my point. Just google her or Barry’s name & recent media articles usually site BM’s video. It’s out there.
Thank you. LOL, I Google every day and I hadn't seen one with the video. My search results vary from day to day, too. I just couldn't imagine it not being picked up so I had to ask. Nothing on the internet is safe from being "lifted" and I had been scratching my head for a couple of weeks. I guess it's old lady eyes or selective vision, I don't know. The only site I have bookmarked is the Chaffee County Sheriff's.

My thoughts ........(the bike) The bike is eating away at me. Who had easy access to the bike?, two people come to mind, SM and BM. I don't think a perp would stage the bike to look like an abduction, I could be wrong.I thought maybe BM had a helper with planting the bike but I think BM is an army of one kind of guy. The timing is bugging me, of when and who got it to where it was (supposedly) found. This also came two mind,did BM say to SM, let me take your bike in for a tuneup and maybe that is when it was planted.

Just moopinion

J4SM
bbm
Agreed.

It's highly doubtful !
IF someone had grabbed her... LE would have a different type of investigation altogether.
And from the start they never said "We think she was abducted; and the public needs to be on alert for these items/bike/phone/helmet/etc. ".

And if a perp/stalker took her, they're not going to take time to go into the garage or wherever the bike was kept , get it out and throw it into their car and place it somewhere.
Their only focus would be to get Suzanne out of there and drive away.

WHO perpetuated the 'bike ride' story ?
If you look closely at that person who said this from the start (to the neighbor or the daughters) you may find your answers.
Imo.

Thank you. LOL, I Google every day and I hadn't seen one with the video. My search results vary from day to day, too. I just couldn't imagine it not being picked up so I had to ask. Nothing on the internet is safe from being "lifted" and I had been scratching my head for a couple of weeks. I guess it's old lady eyes or selective vision, I don't know. The only site I have bookmarked is the Chaffee County Sheriff's.

I hope my post didn’t come across as snarky. Sometimes I type fast & move on without thinking of tone. But, yeah the video is out there beyond FB with media sources. Think even Nancy Grace discussed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member