Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO
BM and at least one other company have equipment at a job site. There was a loud, constant noise heard by a neighbour at 11:30 pm on the Friday or Saturday night of Mother’s Day Weekend. Neighbour reports her suspicions. LE investigates the site and does not find anything. This was a dead end, IMO.
I’d hesitate to label it a “dead end.” We don’t know, what LE knows. I can’t imagine them digging up that building site unless they had already affirmed that it WAS BM or someone closely affiliated to him at that property operating machinery. Additionally, if they know for a certainty, when SM went missing, say May 8th, and BM was on that property Friday night at 11:30 p.m., regardless of whether or not they found something, it’s very, very stinky fishy. What on earth would he need to do at 11:30 p.m. at night that couldn’t be done in the morning in daylight hours? It may only turn out to be a piece of circumstantial evidence, but a mountain of circumstantial dirt can bury you.
JMHO

MOO
BM and at least one other company have equipment at a job site. There was a loud, constant noise heard by a neighbour at 11:30 pm on the Friday or Saturday night of Mother’s Day Weekend. Neighbour reports her suspicions. LE investigates the site and does not find anything. This was a dead end, IMO.
Do we know nothing was found?

Would they have dug up the site based on this one neighbor’s report?

I am not sure if this was disclosed in LS’ segment last night but I think LS or TD recently said that the neighbor at the construction site found the noise so odd that they took photos and video.

In my head, I kind of think those photos and video are what lead LE to dig up that site with pin point accuracy. MOO.

I think I remember this story during the actual search (via live video news clip) and if it's the same, I heard it from the woman's son that said he arrived Salida on Saturday around noon to visit his mom for Mother's Day weekend.

Based on this story, I think the neighbor would have heard the construction noise either very late Friday night or early morning Saturday as it was told to her son on Saturday.

I recall that the family believed it was most likely earth moving heavy equipment from mom's description and she thought the noise was enough to rattle her widows.

Anybody else remember this? It was most likely a clip by News4 reporter as they had a big presence in town covering the 3-day search of the building site.

MOO
I do recall that interview. Moo

I’d hesitate to label it a “dead end.” We don’t know, what LE knows. I can’t imagine them digging up that building site unless they had already affirmed that it WAS BM or someone closely affiliated to him at that property operating machinery. Additionally, if they know for a certainty, when SM went missing, say May 8th, and BM was on that property Friday night at 11:30 p.m., regardless of whether or not they found something, it’s very, very stinky fishy. What on earth would he need to do at 11:30 p.m. at night that couldn’t be done in the morning in daylight hours? It may only turn out to be a piece of circumstantial evidence, but a mountain of circumstantial dirt can bury you.
JMHO
Also if it was Saturday night and/or into the early hours of Sunday morning, Mother’s Day Sunday, I find it even more unlikely that someone would do legitimate work on that project so late that it would wake up neighbors. I won’t even let DH mow the grass on Mother’s or Father’s Day because many moms & dads are getting treated to breakfast in bed or having a nice breakfast with their family. The last thing I’d want to do is spoil a peaceful and much deserved morning of rest and family time with a bunch of racket from a lawnmower or any other loud equipment and wake someone who had holiday plans the next morning. Maybe that’s just how “chicks” think though because if I don’t say anything he might cut the grass! ;)

I would guess a murderer would not that considerate...

Does anyone know if heavy construction type machinery has an internal electronic log of when it was started and used?

I know some manufacturing equipment does this for safety purposes and many cars have an onboard computer that can record that.

I am not sure if this was disclosed in LS’ segment last night but I think LS or TD recently said that the neighbor at the construction site found the noise so odd that they took photos and video.

In my head, I kind of think those photos and video are what lead LE to dig up that site with pin point accuracy. MOO.
Yes, I recall pics and video being mentioned prior to the actual segment being aired last night. Yet, that was omitted from last night’s segment. Maybe playing some mind games with BM? After all, he has NO idea what LE have on him thus far!

Would love to see an arrest today, but I have a feeling it’s going to take just a wee bit longer. I hope it’s not too long. I bet some virtual donuts and coffee it would be under 5 months :)

Would they have dug up the site based on this one neighbor’s report?

the sound by itself would probably not have been, but that it was the husband of a missing woman's current place of employment + said employee's wife is missing + strange, loud machinery noise in the middle of the night reported by a neighbor, i would say it would be enough to check it out. moo.

I'm just discovering this case but she was a stunningly beautiful woman looking at her facebook page. her background pic and profile pic do not feature her husband , and there is one black and white photo on there of her husband and her standing in the door way of what looks like a hotel room, he has his arm across the door way blocking her leaving, that stood out to me , just my initial observations so far.
That’s funny because the picture you mention of them standing in the door way was analyzed by a lot of us in previous threads...and it was interesting to see all the different opinions of what was happening in that photo. If you’re interested. Maybe two or three threads back. And WELCOME to our dysfunctional family! :D

Last edited:
Hypothetically, if a body was placed in this would there be blood spatter ? I’m sorry to ask this ..... I just recall the sifting of dirt at the building site
Jmo
ETA: sifting

What happens if an industrial wood chipper is aimed toward the river?

It'd be hard to put that tree back together. Or even find it.

Evil if it wasn't a tree.

JMO

Most of us didn't have access to that jobsite.

Most of us don't have access to heavy equipment.

Most of us aren't firefighters.

Most of us don't have access to industrial wood chippers, that tow behind a truck.

Heck, only some of us have trucks.

And fewer have trucks with serious towing capacity.

Few of us would have reason to be at a particular jobsite at 11:30 at night on the Friday or Saturday night before Mother's Day, 2020.

Few of us have spouses who are missing.

One coincidence I can set aside. A mountain (lion) of them I cannot.

But here's something:

Few of us will be surprised if LE doesn't have a FULL 200-mile radius of BLINDING digital and surveillance evidence.

You can run, but in the end, you can't hide.

JMO

I remember that too-I feel like DaveF posted something related. A neighbor wondered why two people (a man and a woman?) were working on the weekend. Homeowner was not on site, so neighbor took photos of the couple working and inquired. I feel like DaveF intimated that the couple could be the project managers, and he sent us off into the internet forest with some breadcrumbs. I did find it interesting that one of the breadcrumbs had connections to others that have been looked at-although maybe that’s just how Barry ended up being involved with this job.

JMHO

I agree it is fishy to be working and making loud noises at that hour. Because isnt there a community or city rule that formal work from companies cannot be making loud noises past a certain hour?

I think my community has a rule of some sort about workers making noise after a certain time in the evening. Im not sure if their city ordinance or community has that or not but even if there is no rules or regulations about it, then surely BM would know that it is frowned upon to be making loud noises late at night no matter where his company is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly