Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to our little gang of snoopers here!!
Looking forward to your perspective on things
here and if I may ask a quick question of you:

Are you following the election in Chaffee County
DA race and do you have any opinions on how
that may affect this case?
Hi I have not followed but will try to catch up. I am from NY and things seem to be somewhat different here. The concept of politics affecting elections though is not novel. I will read about the CO situation.

Thanks Cindizzi, about 'Water Used during a specific period'.
How could someone account for a huge amount used, in a short time? (If that happened).
Off the top of my head, filling a jacuzzi or pool? Or back in my youth.. filing a waterbed. Lol.
If one couldn’t prove a usage like that, I’m not sure how that would account for it. Especially during the night or at a time when no one was supposed to be home. JMO

TONIGHT ON @FOX21News at 9 p.m. official information into the investigation of missing Chaffee County mother #SuzanneMorphew has been largely unavailable. Find out how we're tracking down new details in the case. #FindSuzanne #Justice4Suzanne #BringSuzanneHom
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1303816945297494018?s=21
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1303816945297494018?s=21
Thanks.
We are gonna get the how but not much more.
The Sheriff is lying low.
No surprise there.
Hopefully, over the next few days, Lauren's efforts will pan out
MOO.

I plan on attending as well. Hotel booked this morning (I changed hotels. Previously booked online a week ago). I registered for the search on profiling evil site...on Monday? Maybe Sunday. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Great.
Welcome Deb Jo, a first time poster, and now a possible helper.:):):)
Hope the search will provide loads of evidence, and you will meet caring folk, like yourself.

Off the top of my head, filling a jacuzzi or pool? Or back in my youth.. filing a waterbed. Lol.
If one couldn’t prove a usage like that, I’m not sure how that would account for it. Especially during the night or at a time when no one was supposed to be home. JMO
Oh my gosh flashback...someone I used to know had a heated one! Do they still make water beds? As for how he could explain using so much water...do they have sprinkler systems in Co? They can be set to go off in the middle of the night. With all the boulders and “hardscape” watering the grass or plants might not be necessary on that property. Shoot I’ve got to make dinner. Enjoyed all the good discussions this afternoon! Be back after LS!

I'd be interested in whether or not, the Ms ate what BM hunted. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Ms didn't eat elk burgers or venison stew. Maybe BM was only interested in trophy kills. If true, he would have no need for the coolers.
Depends on what area he hunts in and if staying in a cabin or taking his own camper. My DH has hunted elk in Colorado for over 20 years and takes one or 2 big coolers to hold food/drinks to last 5 days. His group hunts at dawn and dusk and hikes all day scouting, so no time or too tired to go to a grocery store ( if there’s one close by.)

He’s never used one to transport an animal however. JMO

This makes me nervous.
Are they going to focus on criticizing the CCSO?
Did I get the wrong impression?
Maybe. I get the impression that reporters, especially Lauren, are getting endless messages regarding the dearth of information here. So I could also see this as an effort to quell that criticism, by showing just how difficult it has been to obtain the information people want.

Of course the reality is that we are entitled to nothing at this point, and law enforcement can’t share investigative details that may hamper the case.

I assumed the OP was referring to medical marijuana not producing euphoria. I'm not sure if that's true, though. Marinol is synthetic and it has the same side effects. IMO

It’s the same cannabis plant!
100’s of uses
Extraction & research of the individual endocannabonoids and terpenes is fascinating stuff, much Israeli research to read
CBD is one of hundreds of cannabionoids the plant produces for extraction from all the same cannabis plants, it just lacks the psychoactive effects

Maybe. I get the impression that reporters, especially Lauren, are getting endless messages regarding the dearth of information here. So I could also see this as an effort to quell that criticism, by showing just how difficult it has been to obtain the information people want.

Of course the reality is that we are entitled to nothing at this point, and law enforcement can’t share investigative details that may hamper the case.
Do you think it makes a difference if I personally feel VERY entitled to the latest updates on the case? :)

Attachments

• C4EC80A0-C4BD-4536-B5F9-05B2D383D621.jpeg
    C4EC80A0-C4BD-4536-B5F9-05B2D383D621.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 781
Help I am confused, If LE did not find evidence of a struggle during the first warrant why would they be removing items from the house? And with that being said how would they be able to secure a second warrant?
I ask because in my mind I had been thinking that evidence they collected and tested may have given a judge info that would allow a second warrant.
I also thought that no evidence of a struggle did not mean they did not find evidence that a crime had occurred.
Can you help me understand what I am missing?
Thanks

The items that they removed could still reveal what happened. If computers, for example, were seized, then computer forensics might uncover information, such as emails, that may shed light on what occurred.

The subsequent warrant issue is an excellent question. It's possible that something found after the first search warrant was served provided more information that was then used by investigators to seek a specific item. Alternatively, it's possible that a witness revealed something to investigators that caused them to seek a subsequent search warrant from a judge.

You're correct: a lack of evidence of a struggle does not automatically mean that no crime occurred. However, if Barry was on trial and I was defending him, the lack of evidence of a struggle is certainly one thing that I would bring up to attempt to raise reasonable doubt in a jury's mind.

Hey everyone,

The thread is getting derailed with the whole marijuana convo. Members and guests don't come here to read about MJ, they come to read about this case. Unless your post relates directly to this case, please move on from that discussion.

Thank you.

This makes me nervous.
Are they going to focus on criticizing the CCSO?
Did I get the wrong impression?

IMO, we had different takeaways from the Sheriff’s last press release. I took it as the Sheriff taking aim right at the media and other outlets that are gaining attention in this case. CCSO is working for SM, that’s it.

I’m not sure when the last time this county had a large case such as this and I do think it’s complex, probably with a lot of moving parts.

IMO

-Our investigative team is committed to releasing information to the public ONLY when it is in the best interest of Suzanne Morphew and this investigation.

Suzanne Morphew - Chaffee County Sheriff

Last edited:
Depends on what area he hunts in and if staying in a cabin or taking his own camper. My DH has hunted elk in Colorado for over 20 years and takes one or 2 big coolers to hold food/drinks to last 5 days. His group hunts at dawn and dusk and hikes all day scouting, so no time or too tired to go to a grocery store ( if there’s one close by.)

He’s never used one to transport an animal however. JMO
Most of the hunters I know either use the meat for themselves, give it away, or end their kills for the year when there is no further need. I once paid processing fee for an eager to hunt teen, and enjoyed his bounty...he also gave me some recipes to use...that teen developed brain cancer and lost the battle several years ago...he left many good memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian