Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I just drove through Salida and Poncha Springs this afternoon and counted no fewer than eight “missing” banners for SM, including one in front of the Salida rec center. It looks like the entire community is engaged and keeping the case alive. Wonder who paid for the banners?

Coming up on Fox21 News at 9:00

“Others close to the missing woman are also speaking out about a lack of information, including her husband Barry, her older brother and others from the tight knit community of Salida “

Quote from local store owner pictured on screen attached.

Well, buckle up baby!!

What? Of course they will not go on his property. But an angry mob? Looting? <modsnip> this a brother, looking for his dead sister and asking if anyone will help him. Good people volunteering their time to help this man out does not make an angry mob. Looting?
i agree for the most part but who knows who might show up.... mcveigh showed up at waco....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! You really, really, really, want updates. As do all of us. This is Lauren’s point though, and I think it’s valid.

Investigation into Suzanne Morphew's Disappearance

BBM:

Oh, please.

I don't think her point is valid at all.

c4ec80a0-c4bd-4536-b5f9-05b2d383d621-jpeg.263119

First, it's abundantly clear that Suzanne has not been located.
We don't need the Sheriff to come out and state the obvious.
I mean, DUH.

Secondly, several of the CCSO releases have included information about how many tips they've received.
So, that's a canard.

Thirdly, LE is under no obligation whatsoever to tip their hand regarding their investigative activities, be they past, present OR future.

She's sounding like a whiny teenager.

Not a fan of this approach.

At all.

JMO.

I was disturbed about the security footage not being picked up-Barry was there, it was on tape, and it was written over after two weeks. I expect many people would not have saved their footage unless they were techy. And Barry will be sitting down with Fox during the search? That’s pretty big.

The folks signing up to volunteer their time to assist AM in finding SM, are not an "angry mob" as you've implied here.

In fact, I'd imagine these are everyday Joes and Janes putting their lives on hold to reach out to a brother, a neighbor, and to help him find his little sister. Folks likely no different than anyone else posting here.

Nor, is there any reason to believe these volunteer searchers would have any kind of "looting" tendencies, as you've also implied. Looters are criminals, seizing sudden tragic circumstances to break the law and steal for their own satisfaction. These are generally not the kind of folks that sign up to be a volunteer searcher for a total stranger, in hard, rocky country in the fall.

It's one thing if BM refuses access to his land for searchers looking for his wife (yeah, that's not ironic), and well within his legal rights to do that, but it's quite another to disparage the character of the volunteer searchers.

jmo
bbm
And, THIS entire post ^^^^

Thanks, Ontario Mom !

Interesting idea! If LE could prove no electricity, water, cable tv, etc. were used during a morning when a victim was supposedly at home, they could prove that a perpetrator was lying. I don't recall ever seeing information like that brought up in a court of law, but it sounds like great evidence. Is it hard to get that kind of data?

I just checked my electric account. I can drill down to hourly usage on the usage graph.

If the Morphew house has a “smart” electric meter, it would show hourly spikes in usage from electric appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher).

The electric utility will provide data to LE if the records are relevant to an investigation.

However, that type of data may not yet be available in the Salida area. Not sure what electric utility serves the area, is it Xcel? If so, they don’t appear to have completed installation of smart meter technology.

Xcel Energy’s Smart Grid meter replacement plan charges customers twice

I was disturbed about the security footage not being picked up-Barry was there, it was on tape, and it was written over after two weeks. I expect many people would not have saved their footage unless they were techy. And Barry will be sitting down with Fox during the search? That’s pretty big.
Yeah, that promised sit down will be interesting.

I’m not at all concerned about that video no longer existing. This was after the crime, and he came and left. It would be nice, but whatever.

Hello All;
As a former state trial judge doing criminal cases exclusively for over thirty years, I am making my initial foray onto this site. I have a lot of catching up to do but this comment about courts permitting LE to lie to get at the truth of a case was so overboard that I wish to correct its breath. Courts do not operate on the theory that the end justifies the means 'to get at the truth of a case'. It is OK for LE to tell a suspect that their fingerprint was found at the scene in an effort to get an admission or some statement for the suspect. Courts do not sanction lying in court to a judge or jury regarding facts.
Welcome to Websleuths! It's nice to have you here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg