Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we have any psychologists here?

i'd love to know what is going on in the mind of a man that would go on the record, with the world watching, and claim that his brother-in- law is trying to gain something by searching for his sister, and HIS wife of 28 years. why would he be so disrespectful to the 100's of generous humans, volunteering their time, energy, and health to help find suzanne, when he knows fully well the public is doubting him? wouldn't you attempt to look innocent if you were able to think clearly? instead, everything that comes out of his mouth is anger-fueled! why is he mad that people want resolve for his beloved wife? especially if she got eaten by a damn mountain lion? make it make sense!

hell, i'm gonna need a psychologist after this case is over with! (jk). i feel so terrible for suzanne and what she had to deal with, with this dude, for so many years. surely, it wasn't always bad, but if this is his true character we are seeing emerge, then surely she knew this side of him really well.

I’m no psychologist but perhaps the rumors LS has heard about BM and drug use are true? He’s very erratic, agitated, paranoid and seems to be operating in an alternate reality.

I’m actually really curious what BM is going to be doing today. No doubt LE is watching him closely today. Will BM panic and make a rash move knowing that in 24 hours the search is on?

What about all of the others that are coming together for this publicity stunt, Barry? Do you have issues with them as well? What’s in it for them? You can’t even muster gratitude for the many who are going to be out there searching for your beloved wife. Disgusting.

“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

bubm

SPECULATION FOLLOWS:

A tell like no other tell I've read before.

A "tell" (noun): an unconscious action that is thought to betray an attempted deception. Action, in this case, describes verbalized reveals.

By "if one person got saved from this", did BM mean SM's actual disappearance or the reason why she was disappeared? What reason(s) could that be? Financial debt? Future expenses (medical, etc.)? Restrictive lifestyle due to illness? All of the above?

By "if one person got saved from this", whom is BM talking about? We'll leave it at that. Saved from what? See "reason(s)" above. No need for two people to go down with the ship, right? Or to be confined or limited in living life to the fullest?

By "it was worth it", did BM use "it" to describe a someone's effort to disappear SM and all of the combined LE, broader family and public pressure a someone might be experiencing?

It's a good thing that "mountain lion" attends church. He must feel saved.

OR... is it simply that BM was on the fence regarding his "God and faith" and that SM's disappearance has pushed him off that fence and closer to "God and faith"? Therefore being "saved"? Given the current, seemingly distorted mentality displayed by this someone in their brief exposures in media, I have to consider this aspect as an odd possibility. Nah.

MOO

Totally agree. The second I saw that quote, I thought BM was explaining that in order to save his own hide, he had to kill SM and that SM knowing this would save BM was ok with her.

That is some serious psychosis.

I can’t imagine the horrible life that SM had living with him. She must have been miserable putting up with his me, me, me attitude.

For her to be sick on top of it must have been so physically and mentally draining.

Who would even want to have an affair with someone like BM?

I even feel more sorry for his daughters now.

I am old enough to be his mother but I certainly wouldn’t want to be. It is like he is a spoiled little brat who never grew up.

Perhaps he will grow up in prison when he has to deal with the big boys or go cry in the corner.

Every time I think about how LE has not even confirmed that her bike was actually found, I ask myself why.

And one possible answer that keeps coming to mind is, maybe her bike WASN'T found.

Possibilities:

There was a bike but LE has evidence it wasn't Suzanne's.

There was a bike but LE has evidence it wasn't ride-able.

There was a bike but it wasn't found by LE and LE knows it wasn't there at the time of the 911 call and therefore isn't relevant to her disappearance except as an attempted alibi.

Other possibilities?

Good thoughts there as I do recall we discussed the real possibility that the bike may have not even been rideable due to either a small brake cylinder lock that would be hard to notice or some sort of mechanical issue that would not be noticeable unless someone got on the bike and tried to ride it. I doubt BM would even think to take the time to hop on it and give it a spin around the driveway to try it out.

As far as other possibilities, the more I think about it, the more I think at least one of the extra personal items was the helmet and I suspect BM forgot he threw it in back of truck and since it was likely dark outside when planting the bike, he may have forgot the helmet was in back of truck. So on his way back to the home he may have just pitched it off the side of highway 50 as he turned into the road that would go to his place.

I think the helmet was close to 50 where he may have just thrown it out the window. Or like we discussed before he may have either had a friend or himself take it in a backpack as they were searching with AM and then when separated from the group just took it out of a backpack and planted it then.

It will be interesting when we find out what personal item(s) LE was talking about finding.
JMO

bbm

Wondering... could a someone who appears to be that which is described in bold in the quoted text be capable of pulling off such a disappearance? To date, the 11th Judicial District hasn't weighed in publicly but time will tell....

Yup! It's called "dumb luck" . The next lesson will be brought to him by the letter "k" as in karma.

^^^ yes, Blue Amethyst, I too feel for the daughters.

If they avail themselves of good professional counseling, I hope they understand that not all
fathers or men, are like theirs.

I also hope they make a conscious decision not to choose their male partners who might be similar to their father or treat them like their father treated their mother.

this could go either way for the daughters.

Sometimes daughters, still, choose a partner like
dear old dad- because it feels comfortable and that's all they know. Thus, the cycle of abuse continues generationally.

On the other hand, some daughters see their father for what he is. And they don't approve
of the way daddy treated mommy. They just get it. It's wrong.

This is my one hope for the daughters.
Maybe these are the 2 lives which will be saved.

I really hope SM's death was not in vain.

OMG
I actually made the mistake of thinking he would not say anything stupid as the army arrives.

This is so "tell"-ing of the true BM. He does not care one bit about SM and we already knew that but now its confirmed.

An innocent person would be glad to get all the help they can get to try to find their missing wife. Its blatantly obvious from BM's own words and previous non-actions that he does not want to find SM and wants nobody else to find her.

Good grief. Is he related to PF?
JMO

Last edited:
When I think of the meaning of "publicity stunt," to me it implies a set of actions for no real outcome except getting lots of attention and publicity. Andy doesn't know where his little sis is, he wants to find her. That is his stated goal and he seems sincere and focused on that goal.

How would Barry know or believe that Suzanne can not be found and the set of actions, which hundreds of volunteers will take, will have no outcome, which is the whole point of Andy organizing this search in the first place? If Andy and teams can find Suzanne's remains then that's mission accomplished and not a "stunt" at all.

What does Barry know that allows him to call what his brother-in-law is attempting to do a stunt for publicity? What does Andy personally get out of this that benefits Andy? (money? all funds raised go to the search effort and none to himself. fame? to what end?--it's not like Andy is looking for a career in Hollywood). At the end of the day, or rather 5 days, Andy is going home to Indiana.

Last edited:
He is jealous that AM is being viewed as the good boy while BM is suspected to be a bad boy. Hence he casts aspersions on AM’s motives - whilst being too stupid to realise that the motive of publicity would not actually be a bad thing in this case. He probably actually has convinced himself that AM is just trying to look good so that BM will look bad. He is a spoiled child having a tantrum. IMO

An innocent person would desperately want anyone and everyone to help find his wife so that it can be proven he had nothing to do with it.

Having the opposite attitude as he is demonstrating shows us he may not be in the innocent camp.
JMO

When I think of the meaning of "publicity stunt," to me it implies a set of actions for no real outcome except getting lots of attention and publicity. Andy doesn't know where his little sis is, he wants to find her. That is his stated goal and he seems sincere and focused on that goal.

How would Barry know or believe that Suzanne can not be found and the set of actions, which hundreds of volunteers will take, will have no outcome, which is the whole point of Andy organizing this search in the first place? If Andy and teams can find Suzanne's remains then that's mission accomplished and not a "stunt" at all.

What does Barry know that allows him to call what his brother-in-law is attempting to do a stunt for publicity? What does Andy personally get out of this that benefits Andy? (money? all funds raised go to the search effort and none to himself. fame? to what end?--it's not like Andy is looking for a career in Hollywood). At the end of the day, or rather 5 days, Andy is going home to Indiana.
I do not agree, but I think maybe someone told Barry it was a publicity stunt for the PE guys.

I do not agree, but I think maybe someone told Barry it was a publicity stunt for the PE guys.
What part of my post don't you agree with?

I think (or my impression is) that Andy decided on doing a search for his sister before he started appearing on P.E.

Interestingly, the 2 main P.E. guys are not going to be in Salida for the search, according to what they mentioned on one of their shows over the last couple of weeks (I don't know which show it was).

Last edited:
His biggest mistake though was staging it as a bike ride.
Yep! This is what I’ve been thinking. He locked in to one very specific narrative with the bike being thrown off the road, down the hill. A narrative that doesn’t make sense with her phone last pinging in the house (and not found). The bike leaves no room for anything else to have happened, but yet it couldn’t have happened that way. Whoops!

'I'm going to get results': Brother of missing mother Suzanne Morphew arrives in Colorado ahead of volunteer search

"My sister was murdered," Moorman said. "And she was hidden within a three-and-a-half-hour window. So that — I can draw a circle on that and tell you she's within that circle. And that's what I know happened."

I was just reading that and going to post the article.

Seems like AM had a good briefing in advance of his search.

The 3.5 hour radius is huge for timeline. Think 3.5 hours out and 3.5 hours back, so that is a 7 hour window.

That is pointing me towards 9:30pm murder which matches the original text message drop off, and then you have 10pm - 5am = 7 hours.

Last edited:
^^^ yes, Blue Amethyst, I too feel for the daughters.

If they avail themselves of good professional counseling, I hope they understand that not all
fathers or men, are like theirs.

I also hope they make a conscious decision not to choose their male partners who might be similar to their father or treat them like their father treated their mother.

this could go either way for the daughters.

Sometimes daughters, still, choose a partner like
dear old dad- because it feels comfortable and that's all they know. Thus, the cycle of abuse continues generationally.

On the other hand, some daughters see their father for what he is. And they don't approve
of the way daddy treated mommy. They just get it. It's wrong.

This is my one hope for the daughters.
Maybe these are the 2 lives which will be saved.

I really hope SM's death was not in vain

BBM. I have the same hope! Thank you for this great post!

Let’s hope the daughters never choose a life partner like their father!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley