Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I could see for these 'followers' to stick by BM's side is perhaps the promise of $$$$. Being told that if if they keep quiet or divert the attn away from him, that when this is all over and done with, BM will give them $$$ from SM's huge life insurance policy.

jmo
Did Suzanne have a life insurance policy? I would think there would be one but I haven't heard anything about it.

I think BM's family and friends who support him truly believe he is innocent. Many who were interviewed thought they had a happy marriage. They probably don't think he is capable of doing such a horrible thing. Even AM believed he had nothing to do with Suzanne's disappearance until he learned he wasn't cooperating and started looking into it further.

Ok. Thank you for all your updates and pictures! It sounds like there's not much going on today, at least in that location. Have you heard that the search is ending today? Are you disappointed or does it seem that everyone is satisfied with the search efforts?

I think there have been highs and lows... That is the energy i felt and i think i wasn't only one. Yesterday felt slower/not as go, go, go already earlier in day. Now this is just my experience and others may have different experience.

How awesome would it be though for Andy if it turns out the huge effort he put into roll calling this huge army of people turns out to be what leads to her discovery, It would be the perfect ending to what was such a terrible tragic story. The only thing left would then be justice.
I couldn’t agree more. The entire army, working with selfless intentions, deserves it. Especially Andy.

I would like to say to all our WS friends who took part in any of the searches. Thank you all so much for all your endeavours. I wish I could have physically taken part but there was a thing called the Atlantic between us. Supporting all of you from a far.

Mingy Moo xxxx

The home has a septic system, which does not necessarily include a tank. Nearly all mountain structures employ a leach field, which is a fan shaped network of slotted sewer pipes running through the thin layer of soil/gravel. The ground is far too hard to be digging holes for tanks. Does anyone remember the wide, very careful fan shaped dig at PF's house, in order to collect samples of sewage residue in the Berreth disappearance? IMO
I'm pretty sure all septic systems require a tank, the solids need to decompose before discharging. In other words the bacteria acts as a digestor inside the tank.
http://www.chaffeecounty.org/EndUserFiles/62980.pdf

Last edited:
I should have asked this sooner but I thought I would eventually figure it out on my own but that doesn’t seem to be happening. So... what is it that these two photos are supposed to be indicating to me? 1)Barry on the ground during one of the early searches 2) the same area later with no Barry.
Thanks!
BM in White Pines on May 13, and White Pines on Sept 26, 2020.

Strange indeed. She’s off Twitter (for now) and the PE guys have stopped bringing it up.

If she did receive threats from someone, I would expect her to act exactly as she has and I would not expect her colleague to reveal such information. This has been her story for a long time. She was actively working on new pieces, including a piece regarding the RTD DENVER contract that BM was supposedly working on Sunday.

I also respect the moderators wishes to keep the subject relevant to SM, but if LS was the reporter shining bright lights on many areas of the case and if she did in fact receive threats (rumor, still) that would also be relevant to the case against BM in my mind
Maybe she took herself off covering the case, not from threats.
Maybe through her journalist investigating she didn't like what everyone is pointing to as she uncovered things differently?
IMO

Maybe she took herself off covering the case, not from threats.
Maybe through her journalist investigating she didn't like what everyone is pointing to as she uncovered things differently?
IMO

Perhaps, but she spoke on this websleuths webcast on Tuesday I believe? Spoke about her upcoming stories, plans to attend the vigil, plans to be there every day of the search.

What's all the talk of "5", I missed what it's in reference too?
CM from PE and his riddles. he essentially told everyone to "remember the number 5" and that we'll understand later :rolleyes:
its the hook to keep us coming back to watch, moo

Also, I think that LS definitely received threats, but it wouldn't be smart to divulge that publicly if she's being targeted. I think once the "coast is clear" we will hear all about it, moo.

Thanks. That makes absolute sense. Would the new build in Salida that had the concrete slab investigated have an alternate type of septic system?

I don't know. The lot had a leach field, which was removed in the demo phase. For the current residence, it has to meet both state and federal regulations for 100 year flood plain, and I just don't know Colorado construction practices that deeply. By the time of the slab search, the entire area where it would be had been altered, and although the county permit site shows waste pipe rough-in was inspected, it gives no clue as to what it was. But it's a really good question! IMO

Does anybody know whats after the boundry of that property along the 'beach' property?
Its just been bugging me since i heard Andy explain that he accidently went onto somebody elses property and it was an honest mistake, could the other hit with the dogs be to the left or the right of the property that was searched previously down by the beach?
Im just thinking somebody whos already committed the crime of murder isnt going to stick to the property lines of where hes working to hide the body necessarily.
It could also explain why nothing was found in the first search as they would of only had a warrant to search the one property,
Just my own speculation as to why they might first get a passive hit (due to transference from tools ect that may have been used) to then getting direct hits somewhere else,
Could Andy of accidentally gone further along where the police hadnt been after the passive hit to a place of interest and ended up getting a direct hit?
Editing to add andy mentioned this on last nights Profiling Evil

Last edited:
Did Barry buy Suzanne a pink bike as a Mother’s Day gift? Was she unimpressed? Did they have an argument that ended in murder and a bike being pitched into a ravine? Or was the pink bike the one that was recovered-the bike that wasn’t Suzanne’s, a bike purchased as part of the bike scenario because Suzanne’s was in Scot’s shop and could not be used?

I recall AM saying to PE or LS that SM’s birthday was April 30th — 10 days before she went missing. That text exchange was the last communication he had with her. (IIRC.) So if it was a gift for SM it could also have been birthday related.

An argument over an expensive gift — or a belated gift — could have ensued with terrible consequences. But it’s also possible that when “they” say “BM bought a bike” they mean “BM paid for a bike” — the bike could have been meant for anyone. If it wasn’t for a family member and SM found out by opening a credit card statement or hearing word on the street, well, that could get ugly too...

MOO.

LS did confirm their identities to Tricia the other night.
At 28:00

I wonder if revealing their identities is what caused LS’s sudden disappearance from the search and live media?

I don't think LS did such MOO.

I don't hear nor interpret such as to CONFIRMING who approached re Hush Money as you are stating that "LS did confirm their identities to Tricia"..... I respectfully disagree that LS confirmed... Such might even make LS lose her job?

leading up to and after 28:00. At 28:25 Tricia merely asks who T and G are. My critical mind and thinking do not agree that this insertion of asking who they are right after the question is saying that their identities are confirmed, yet many folks may miss such discernment? MOO

They went on to discuss (attached transcript directly from the podcast with timing markers), but it was in general discussing who it could be without confirming... MOO but not confirmation.

From link..

27:09
there was an update
27:11
i think in june um and there was a
27:14
there was change of hands of where the
27:16
money was gonna go
27:17
and things like that that's curious and
27:20
you know i've wondered about and have
27:22
tried to ask
27:23
questions to trevor and i didn't get no
27:26
answers
27:27
huh and yeah that is very very bizarre
27:30
uh do you know why they won't release
27:33
the
27:34
to andy i don't which are you
27:37
asking about blowing amber the
27:39
nephew's one or the one that andy
27:41
started right
27:42
i'm sorry andy andy had to startle
27:45
another for this upcoming
27:46
search because
27:48
he couldn't get that because you know
27:50
the money what's up
27:51
um he couldn't get a hold of trevor
27:53
either but do you know oh i see so he
27:56
couldn't get a hold of that money so he
27:57
started
27:58
his own is what you're saying
28:00
gotcha okay
28:02
that makes sense all righty um
28:05
dude hold on one second here
28:11
okay is trevor is is it barry's nephew
28:14
or suzanne's nephew
28:17
that's what i thought okay it's barry's
28:18
nephew right okay
28:20
uh
28:25
77 mci asked can you say it was if it
28:28
was trevor or george
28:30
who morgan said approached her about her
28:32
check b
28:33
possibly being perceived as hush money
28:36
uh first of all tell us who trevor and
28:39
george are
28:41
well george davis is a friend of berries
28:45
and he was uh one of the original
28:48
searchers that helped
28:50
barry uh you know the days following
28:53
when she was missing and he helped
28:56
and i have tried to talk to george and
28:59
um i've actually gone to this house
29:01
multiple times to try to talk with him
29:03
to see if they were continuing to search
29:06
where they were searching so that you
29:08
know this upcoming search
29:10
with andy that they wouldn't you know
29:12
retrace their tracks and
29:14
waste time with the areas that they had
29:16
already searched and
29:17
and so i i you know talked to his wife
29:20
and his daughter
29:21
george davis's wife and daughter and
29:24
never got ahold of
29:25
george himself even though he has my
29:27
number um
29:29
he knows that i've been to his house his
29:30
wife told me that he would
29:32
you know call me after he got back from
29:34
a hunting trip
29:36
when i had visited um that i guess he
29:38
was away at
29:39
um but he has yet to call me back okay
29:42
and then trevor's the nephew right
29:45
trevor's the nephew who
29:46
was at first the spokesman for the
29:49
family it seemed like he was talking to
29:50
all the news media
29:53
when barry only did that 25 or 26
29:56
seconds
29:58
blurb on you know a video plea and
30:01
um it was that was it you know we just
30:04
have gotten
30:05
information from trevor and that was it
30:07
from the first
30:08
week or so and then he just stopped
30:10
responding
30:11
and uh so yeah it was trevor noel and
30:15
george davis that met with
30:16
um morgan gentile okay great and uh do
30:20
you know if trevor the nephew works with
30:22
barry
30:22
has that been determined or do we know i
30:25
don't
30:26
think so that has not been determined
30:28
okay i i believe
30:29
trevor noel was in the denver area
30:32
got it okay uh

Last edited:
Question for bike people out there. What kind of repairs would make you buy a bike to fix another? I am not familiar with bike parts cost or labor cost. I know some bicycles are expensive. I am not familiar with the inner workings. I have to watch videos to fix anything on my bike, and I am not very good at it. Just pondering what could have been wrong with SMs bike, how expensive a repair could have been.

*I'm more of a car person. I understand motors. I've bought cars for parts. I understand the concept. So wondering about expensive bike repairs.

Last edited:
Question for bike people out there. What kind of repairs would make you buy a bike to fix another? I am not familiar with bike parts cost or labor cost. I know some bicycles are expensive. I am not familiar with the inter workings. I have to watch videos to fix anything on my bike, and I am not very good at it. Just pondering what could have been wrong with SMs bike, how expensive a repair could have been.

Mountain bikes are incredibly expensive and it makes virtually no sense to part out a bike for repairs. Some exceptions maybe if you wanted to swap a frame (can cost 25-50% if bike value) or maybe wheels (up to 50% if bike value) but that’s about it. And you’re still probably better off just buying the component for a repair.

I do have one piece of information secondhand about Barry buying bikes. I work in a town that is regionally close to Salida. I met a couple from Salida and asked them about what they think about this case (this was a couple weeks ago). The husband tells me it’s “weird” and that they think Barry did it.
He also told me that he sold Barry an electric mountain bike (not a dirt bike, an eBike) and that he got “really off” vibes from him “something not right with him.” This was a year or so ago from what he told me. Taken with a grain of salt of course, but in that part of the universe mountain biking is a huge sport and buying a mountain bike in itself doesn’t really raise too many red flags to me.

CM from PE and his riddles. he essentially told everyone to "remember the number 5" and that we'll understand later :rolleyes:
its the hook to keep us coming back to watch, moo

Also, I think that LS definitely received threats, but it wouldn't be smart to divulge that publicly if she's being targeted. I think once the "coast is clear" we will hear all about it, moo.
Thanks, can you link to which episode it was said? I'd like to hear it in context, thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member