Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest that someone who might have just murdered his own wife wouldn't necessarily be thinking clearly, and when asked pointed questions by LE later like, "what time did you leave to go to <name of city>," threw out an answer not thinking that maybe an employee heard his vehicle and could (and would) contradict his statement on that, or didn't think about the texting earlier than the time given.

There are many moving parts involved when a murder happens and a cover-up is quickly spliced together. Even a control freak can't control all of those moving parts, no matter how much they may try.

IMO

She definitely could be mistaken about the sound of the truck. If, however, the reports that BM was texting his co-workers "from the road" before 5 am is true - then that's still a puzzling lie. Maybe I'm simply giving a guy who seems to spew lies all the time ("I've been cleared", "nobody asked me to take a polygraph", "400 tours", "200 square mile radius", "I loved my wife", etc., etc.) too much credit. MOO.

Maybe (total speculation here), he thought he was smarter than LE, and the phone he used to text co-workers at 4am was not the phone he handed over to LE?
It seems like a monumentally stupid thing to do, but people do monumentally stupid things ALL the time.
The fact that WS exists, is proof of that.

If I were in MG's shoes, and woke up one day seeing my name & personal info splashed all over social media, YT and God knows where all else, accusing me of being "the other woman", then "I'm NOT the other woman" would most likely be one of the first things I'd have to say.

But that's just me.
I totally agree, also hammers home why TOS here at WS is a good thing. <modsnip>

I wonder why MG would on a Sunday morning and Mother's Day, just automatically start getting ready to go to work when she thought she heard Barry's truck. At the time that she heard the vehicle, she didn't have plans to assemble a crew and leave for Broomfield that day, that came shortly after the truck she heard departed the area.

MOO

Maybe (total speculation here), he thought he was smarter than LE, and the phone he used to text co-workers at 4am was not the phone he handed over to LE?
It seems like a monumentally stupid thing to do, but people do monumentally stupid things ALL the time.
The fact that WS exists, is proof of that.
I've came to this same conclusion as to why BM was so miffed at MG for turning over phone. Plenty of people have two phones, one for business, another for personal use. So that in itself is not unusual.

Not admitting to owning or hiding a phone from investigator's though is a big red flag. Are the phone calls/texts to MG the only reason he would want to hide that phone?

Maybe Barry wanted to ask MG if he could borrow her car, but after he arrived at her residence he changed his mind.
And maybe he wasn’t there at 4 in the morning. I just don’t believe everything I read or hear in this case.
it also assumes he took over Suzanne’s finances...I don’t know very many marriages where finances aren’t commingled and no one in a first and only marriage of long standing. So my guess is there isn’t Barry’s money and Suzanne’s money. His fiduciary responsibilities don’t stop because she is missing. That is a lot of house for what affectively is one person within a year. If Suzanne turns up it can come off the market or they build a home with better memories.

I wonder why MG would on a Sunday morning and Mother's Day, just automatically start getting ready to go to work when she thought she heard Barry's truck. At the time that she heard the vehicle, she didn't have plans to assemble a crew and leave for Broomfield that day, that came shortly after the truck she heard departed the area.

MOO

The only thing that makes sense is, that she actually did speak to him about doing this job in Broomfield (possibly Saturday they discussed it while working at the river site?) and expected to be picked up super early Sunday morning.

From her interview with LS beginning at 3:10

LS: she said there were plans to head to Broomfield
MG: We were originally scheduled to go out there, um, the end of April
LS: the original plans for that job only included her and Barry, but with a phone call that changed
MG: Last minute he changed everything, in fact he called me that Sunday, Mother's Day, and was like, really frantic, really didn't sound like himself, like, I hung up the phone and thought he just had the worst night of his life.
LS: Gentile says, Barry asked her to get a crew together and drive to Broomfield. She picked up Puckett and headed that way to fix a retaining wall. Barry got there first, and he called again.
MG: Barry said that he'd been up there all day, like, getting the job ready for us. The work that I saw that he did up there, wouldn't have taken him more than 30 minutes. So I was just like, what did you do up there, you know?

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

One thing's for sure: until there's a trial where evidence and the state's narrative is presented, no one will know the answers to the various things being speculated about in the case. In the meantime, we're left with choices like, "maybe," "maybe not," or "hmmm...don't know."

IMO

I think property laws and financial stuff related to that is not quite as obtuse as perhaps some think. The deed on a house or property is not fake. The county records are certified by the Registrar, that's a big part of their job. If there's no mortgage then why would it be imagined there must be a mortgage? SM's signature would have been required for any legit mortgage or loan. And any creative borrowing of money in exchange for property rights would be reflected legally somewhere.

IMO
BBM - this is not necessarily true - we do mortgages and promissory notes that don’t get recorded (the mortgage not the note) unless Something happens - usually between parents and their adult child when they don’t want the husband (yep all daughters) to get the property - but when the mortgage does get recorded they have to pay the doc stamps - it’s an interesting way to keep a bit of control IMO

I would suggest that someone who might have just murdered his own wife wouldn't necessarily be thinking clearly, and when asked pointed questions by LE later like, "what time did you leave to go to <name of city>," threw out an answer not thinking that maybe an employee heard his vehicle and could (and would) contradict his statement on that, or didn't think about the texting earlier than the time given.

There are many moving parts involved when a murder happens and a cover-up is quickly spliced together. Even a control freak can't control all of those moving parts, no matter how much they may try.

IMO

I agree. And even moreso factoring in the varying awareness each person has about electronic/phone tracking, gps, etc.

One thought I had is that -- let's say he knows he was seen in Broomfield at 7:30am (I'm speculating on the time)-- maybe that's when he checked in to the hotel or got gas somewhere with a camera, or even met up with someone. We don't yet know this info but he knows LE will know, and so makes his alibi fit. So he needs to say he left Salida at 5am in order for that timing to work. But really he might have left home earlier -- but can't admit to that without being asked what he was doing with the extra time that puts into his schedule.

He might think he could account for earlier-than-5am texts by claiming he was still at home when sending them (forgetting that phone activity reveals location).

All speculation and MOO

And maybe he wasn’t there at 4 in the morning. I just don’t believe everything I read or hear in this case.

it also assumes he took over Suzanne’s finances...I don’t know very many marriages where finances aren’t commingled and no one in a first and only marriage of long standing. So my guess is there isn’t Barry’s money and Suzanne’s money. His fiduciary responsibilities don’t stop because she is missing. That is a lot of house for what affectively is one person within a year. If Suzanne turns up it can come off the market or they build a home with better memories.

In my post, I wrote,”If in fact it was Barry’s vehicle...” I did not state MG’s version of events as fact.

The only thing that makes sense is, that she actually did speak to him about doing this job in Broomfield (possibly Saturday they discussed it while working at the river site?) and expected to be picked up super early Sunday morning.

From her interview with LS beginning at 3:10

LS: she said there were plans to head to Broomfield
MG: We were originally scheduled to go out there, um, the end of April
LS: the original plans for that job only included her and Barry, but with a phone call that changed
MG: Last minute he changed everything, in fact he called me that Sunday, Mother's Day, and was like, really frantic, really didn't sound like himself, like, I hung up the phone and thought he just had the worst night of his life.
LS: Gentile says, Barry asked her to get a crew together and drive to Broomfield. She picked up Puckett and headed that way to fix a retaining wall. Barry got there first, and he called again.
MG: Barry said that he'd been up there all day, like, getting the job ready for us. The work that I saw that he did up there, wouldn't have taken him more than 30 minutes. So I was just like, what did you do up there, you know?

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado
Great catch, ontario. That does sound like she expected to go alone to job site and BM changed it last minute. 4am, when he called and she said he sounded like her just had the worst night of his life. Moo

I've came to this same conclusion as to why BM was so miffed at MG for turning over phone. Plenty of people have two phones, one for business, another for personal use. So that in itself is not unusual.

Not admitting to owning or hiding a phone from investigator's though is a big red flag. Are the phone calls/texts to MG the only reason he would want to hide that phone?
If he was texting her from a different phone, I think they would figure that out pretty quickly when looking at MG’s phone. Hope we find out soon. I’m trying to be patient, I want justice for Suzanne!

If he was texting her from a different phone, I think they would figure that out pretty quickly when looking at MG’s phone. Hope we find out soon. I’m trying to be patient, I want justice for Suzanne!

Which would certainly explain him being angry enough to fire her, for turning over her phone.
I suspect we'll eventually learn as well, that the "meth head" accusation wasn't the only one made, to trash her credibility. Entirely speculation of course.

Pretty sure he needs her to be "alive" for him to maintain guardianship. IMO she'll stop being "alive" when he no longer needs guardianship at which time he'll move to have her declared unceremoniously dead, all for his own purpo$e$.

I'd like to be wrong.

JMO
Agreed. And just jumping off your post, my speculation to follow...

IMO he’s positive he will get away with this. I believe he has his daughters convinced that he knows who abducted Suzanne and why she was taken and ultimate secrecy about this is necessary to protect Suzanne. That’s why there have been no public pleas from the daughters. There’s no point participating in Uncle Andy’s search because nothing will be found He may have told them he can’t tell LE the truth because Suzanne will be harmed. He’s told them it’s important for them to keep quiet so as not to aggravate the situation and that’s why there’s been no plea from daughters. He has to be the only one speaking to media. He may be telling them he has to sell the house to pay a ransom. At some point, when it suits his purposes, he’ll change the narrative.

JMO

Certainly, there are many possibilities if the person outside of MG’s home was in fact Barry. He could have come to borrow or to return MG’s car, maybe he talked to her that night and MG isn’t being transparent about what happened, perhaps he was trying to create his alibi and needed her help to arrange work stuff, maybe she was actively helping him to dispose of evidence, or she may have unwittingly helped Barry in some way without being aware of her participation.

I try to place myself in MG’s situation as being an employee of Barry. If I had a boss or a coworker whose wife disappeared, it would never occur to me to say, “I’m not the other woman.” It would not cross my mind to make this statement.

Like everything else about this case, it is hard to know what happened and when.

You might say that if you'd been on any social media, particularly FB. And knew that dozens and dozens of people had bought into the rumor that you were, in fact, the other woman.

Try to place yourself in that situation. I think I'd probably try to clear that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen