Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh - one more thing. Does anyone else get a bit of a weird vibe from Suzanne's love letters to BM?

Of course this is speculation, but the way that SM gushes about him, describes their relationship as "exciting" and describes the things they've been through together feels like she is appealing to him, or that they are part of a cycle of abuse and reconciliation. JMO.
I've wondered if they weren't a part of some sort of therapy.

We've all wondered where the letters and cards from BM are and why they weren't also presented during that interview. But BM doesn't strike me as a card sort of guy.

All MOO

So you think hotel staff used bleach and then left towels lying around in the room?

I find that very hard to believe. The reason most hotels do not use bleach is that it interacts with other volatile compounds and can kill people (including the housekeeping staff).

Hotels had available and did use FDA-recommended disinfectants that were guaranteed and certified to kill CV-19, available at Amazon. I picked up a gallon in March and that's what we use (and that's what most hotels use, at least that's what they've told me - we did travel one time, and I must have contacted 20 hotels about various procedures; I won't go to one that uses chlorine as a cleansing agent as I wear contact lenses and it would sear my corneas, has happened, before, and there's no way I would risk it).

So, while it's possible the hotel doesn't know what its staff is up to, I find that unlikely. Very unlikely.

I don't see how bloody mattresses being flipped over relates to anything in this case. I think it's more important that LE has spoken to the hotel and probably asked to view what disinfectants are in their cleaning carts.
I don't doubt that BM used the shower and left wet towels on the floor. The smell could have come from the water itself, since chlorine is commonly used to purify tap water.

Many people have complained about chlorine poisoning in hotels, especially those who stayed in rooms close to the pool. Just because the pool wasn't open to the public doesn't mean they drained the water from it and stopped treating it.

I just don't think BM used bleach there to clean up a crime scene or to clean his tools.

I'm more interested in where he was from the time he left his house and the time he left Broomfield around 5:00 pm. I think he used the hotel room for a nap and a shower. And maybe to open his mail.

Imo

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose[URL='https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer']@stephaniebutzer[/URL]
Update: Chris Schaefer with CBI said the remains are not in any way connected to the case of #SuzanneMorphew. “We have absolutely no indication whatsoever that these two cases are connected. ... Sadly, Morphew is not the only missing person from southern Colorado.”

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose@stephaniebutzer
· 52m
After the remains of three people were discovered in a rural part of Conejos County, authorities announced today that they are searching for 26-year-old suspect Adre Jordan Baroz. He's known by the nickname "Psycho." Suspect — nicknamed 'Psycho' — wanted after remains of 3 people found in Conejos County

Oh - one more thing. Does anyone else get a bit of a weird vibe from Suzanne's love letters to BM?

Of course this is speculation, but the way that SM gushes about him, describes their relationship as "exciting" and describes the things they've been through together feels like she is appealing to him, or that they are part of a cycle of abuse and reconciliation. JMO.

That letter and card (believe that's what BM showed) is just one of the reasons I think BM was checked out of the marriage. It sounded to me like she was appealing to him. My other takeaway, she was reminding him of the good times. That came off as the past not current.

The mention of excitement in the marriage. I immediately thought of sex (we're all adults on WS, right?). Sometimes one might want to try something new with their partner and the other doesn't know where it's coming from but will try.

I did not pick up any abuse vibes but it was just a super small snippet of info.

All my opinion.

We’ve probably discussed this ad nauseam but I’m trying to figure out where BM was. According to MG, BM was at the Salida job site on Friday night & Saturday morning. The neighbor heard loud noise around 11:30 Friday or Saturday night, she couldn’t remember exact day.

BBM
12 days after SM’s disappearance, the FBI, CBI and Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office sifted through the dirt Friday (May22) for 3 days, looking for any sign of the missing mother. Investigators say the search was initiated based on “information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case.”

Any guesses as to exactly “what” led LE to dig up this job site? Could it have been BM’s truck gps, and guessing he was the one the neighbor heard @ 11:30pm (?) Thanks as always MOO
Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Husband's Job Site Near Salida

Last edited:
We’ve probably discussed this ad nauseam but I’m trying to figure out where BM was. According to MG, BM was at the Salida job site on Friday night & Saturday morning. The neighbor heard loud noise around 11:30 Friday or Saturday night, she couldn’t remember exact day.

BBM
12 days after SM’s disappearance, the FBI, CBI and Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office sifted through the dirt Friday (May22) for 3 days, looking for any sign of the missing mother. Investigators say the search was initiated based on “information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case.”

Any guesses as to exactly “what” led LE to dig up this job site? Could it have been BM’s truck gps, and guessing he was the one the neighbor heard @ 11:30pm (?) Thanks as always MOO
Rbbm.
I think your point that perhaps his truck's gps placed him there at 11pm would be a very good possibility. If so, LE would have had no choice but to dig up that job site. Moo

BBM

Great post.
I keep thinking that they were searching for possible evidence (broken eyeglasses, clothing, phone ?) or actual remains.
What do LE know (that we do not) that made them think Suzanne was deceased ?
I'm wondering if there was evidence on BM's phone ?
Or something the friend heard ?
Were the daughters able to speak to LE ?

Great post.
I keep thinking that they were searching for possible evidence (broken eyeglasses, clothing, phone ?) or actual remains.
What do LE know (that we do not) that made them think Suzanne was deceased ?
I'm wondering if there was evidence on BM's phone ?
Or something the friend heard ?
Were the daughters able to speak to LE ?
Isn't this the job site where they were sifting through the dirt? I always think back to the sifting. What would make them sift through the dirt, especially, so early into the disappearance?

Another point is that using a strong concentration of chlorine on landscaping tools would cause immediate rust on carbon steel (like shovels, trowels, etc) and would have cause pinpoint rust on stainless items. It will also attack some plastics and paint/coatings.

Very true. And I don't think that's what he used the bleach on (if he used bleach on anything). Of course, rusting out his tools, if they'd contacted Suzanne's blood, would be preferable to leaving DNA evidence in place.

But I think it would have been quite obvious to LE if some of his equipment recently tested positive for any cleaning compound. Perhaps some did - and we just don't know it. It would be frustrating for LE to know the tools had been cleaned and to find no trace of Suzanne's DNA on them. Still, as part of a bigger picture, it could convince a jury.

For whatever reason, according to MG, BM put all the tools he usually kept in his truck into a hotel luggage cart (and then what? Did he just leave them there? Did MG pack them up for him? I presume so.)

Isn't this the job site where they were sifting through the dirt? I always think back to the sifting. What would make them sift through the dirt, especially, so early into the disappearance?

Yes, the job site by the river where the “beach” was BM worked on. “Sifting” means looking for small pieces of evidence (cell phone pieces, teeth, bone fragments). I remember back when ElPaso County & FBI did the same when looking for Gannon Stauch.

Agreed.
I'll have to say... the sifting bit makes me think of past discussions re. the woodchipper. :(
If that was remotely the case-- there should have been so much dna evidence left behind, and a resulting arrest by now, though.
Imo.

<modsnip>

My opinion is that the seizing of her assets via the guardianship papers was telling.
And then there was a phone call to Suzanne's father where BM basically said it looked like she wasn't coming back and he (BM) needed papers signed. :(
Actions that spoke loudly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.
I'll have to say... the sifting bit makes me think of past discussions re. the woodchipper. :(
If that was remotely the case-- there should have been so much dna evidence left behind, and a resulting arrest by now, though.
Imo.
In the big scheme of things, six months isn't all that long. I remain hopeful that justice will prevail for SM.

<modsnip>

My opinion is that the seizing of her assets via the guardianship papers was telling.
And then there was a phone call to Suzanne's father where BM basically said it looked like she wasn't coming back and he (BM) needed papers signed. :(
Actions that spoke loudly.

I confess, I didn't follow all the Indiana real estate discussion but, wasn't the whole guardianship business due to the sale of a home in IN that was already in the sale process before SM went missing? Making it a necessity for him to file those papers to close that deal & honor any legal agreements?

Guardianship, to Close RE Sale?
I confess, I didn't follow all the Indiana real estate discussion but, wasn't the whole guardianship business due to the sale of a home in IN that was already in the sale process before SM went missing? Making it a necessity for him to file those papers to close that deal & honor any legal agreements?
@Ontario Mom. Short Post Alert.

Yes.

I think that is probably the case. It would have been necessary with or without Suzanne being "missing."
They had bought the Colorado home two years ago without the house being sold yet in Indiana. Both the buyer and seller were probably anxious to close.

Sorry, I am not buying that line from the hotel. Management does not always know what the staff is doing for starters, and chlorine based products were the lead disinfectant being used in the first few months of the COVID outbreak. Few other agents were known to kill the virus. Some individuals do disgusting things in hotel rooms and staff are forced to use what is available to clean up. There was a TV report (20-20 if I remember correctly) a few years back that checked random hotel rooms for body fluid evidence and found a disturbing amount, including bloody mattresses that were simply flipped over. My opinion is the hotel did not want the negative public attention with business being as bad as it has been.

Apologies-but I feel I must disagree with you on this aspect. Hotel staff are not paid enough money to purchase and use their own cleaning supplies. I know because I have worked as a hotel room cleaning person. If things were that critical at a hotel, regarding disinfecting for the virus, the staff member could request a job transfer to the laundry, instead of cleaning the rooms.
JMO experience. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members