Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flip flop on whether there is pre-meditation involved. When you look at some of BM's actions over the past seven months, it's hard not to think it was planned. But could just as easily been a heat of the moment type of situation. MOO-

Agree regarding the money angle, it was likely the igniter which lit the fire. Premeditated or not.

Over or Under?

Barry and Suzanne’s net worth on May 10, 2020 was $1,500,000
I actually think there’s a half decent chance it was around that mark. Here’s the thing though, imagine how that looks when you’re splitting it two ways, with money tied up in other holdings.

Probably couldn’t keep that house, and probably would have to alter one’s plans going forward.

I actually think there’s a half decent chance it was around that mark. Here’s the thing though, imagine how that looks when you’re splitting it two ways, with money tied up in other holdings.

Probably couldn’t keep that house, and probably would have to alter one’s plans going forward.
True, but if there is any hint or any documentation anywhere that SM had suggested a divorce in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, he’s done and can kiss his cash good bye.

BBM:

I think Sheriff Spezze got the wind up right away, and sensed which direction it was blowing.

LE recognized almost immediately that the bike ride story didn't add up.
I don't think it was a matter of just one or two things, either.
I think it was a case where almost nothing they were told added up.

The problems started right off the bat with the 911 call from the neighbor and snowballed from there.

I would be shocked if BM's version of events with regard to comms matched up with the neighbor's and daughter's versions in terms of who contacted whom first that day, who said what to whom about SM, who first suggested calling LE, etc.

I think BM tried to distance himself as much as possible for as long as possible from everything happening in Salida that day.

I think that strategy backfired on him spectacularly.

Discrepancies are like plumber's crack.

They'll get you noticed. For all the wrong reasons.

JMO.

GK- I hope you are a stand up comedian in "real life". You always tickle me with your wit!!!

Speaking from experience, that's very true. And the spouse who really wants to leave doesn't care much if they have to live in a smaller place. The spouse that really really wants the big house (more than marital happiness?) will do almost anything to keep the Big House. IME.

I still have many questions about how they acquired the various properties and to what extent a forensic accountant might put certain things in Suzanne's column vs. Barry's column. Plus other questions - and I'd bet good money (an amazon gift certificate) that the FBI/interstate investigation would be helpful in figuring these things out.

True, but if there is any hint or any documentation anywhere that SM had suggested a divorce in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, he’s done and can kiss his cash good bye.

When marriages get turbulent (and I have no proof that this one is, except for AM's statements), it doesn't even take a suggestion of divorce. The more money-conscious spouse (some would say "greedier") will react in very different ways than the spouse who merely wants to go off into the sunset and live (without their spouse) in a smaller, calmer place.

I am one of those who sees no evidence, yet, that BM had a lot of cash on his own. Maybe. I'll wait to see if there's evidence. Since we can sleuth SM, it's clear that she had an inheritance and that she certainly provided for her family. To what degree she sank her resources in her husband's business is entirely unknown (IMO).

He would be better off hiring a private detective. I can't imagine handing out flyers would suffice any court obligation to show proof of anything. I agree with most here, this is a strange step for him to take now. IMO

It's nearly Christmas with Covid19 still running rampart and there's nowhere to go. Suzanne's absence is a black hole he is desperately trying not to fall in. He's the father of two girls who are missing their mother. The initial shock is over and the grief is never ending but there's so many questions. Perhaps accusations and challenges, too. Just too many questions.

When you want to avoid answering some really tough questions a diversion is a great plan. Creating a alternative reality where you aren't the bad guy might seem like a good idea. But those posters must blister his fingers.

It's nearly Christmas with Covid19 still running rampart and there's nowhere to go. Suzanne's absence is a black hole he is desperately trying not to fall in. He's the father of two girls who are missing their mother. The initial shock is over and the grief is never ending but there's so many questions. Perhaps accusations and challenges, too. Just too many questions.

When you want to avoid answering some really tough questions a diversion is a great plan. Creating a alternative reality where you aren't the bad guy might seem like a good idea. But those posters must blister his fingers.
I like to think the girls are missing their mother and somewhere in the grieving process.

There is no shortage of long marriages that have ended this way, marriages that were by all accounts happy ones. Ones that didn’t involve cheating, or previous acts of violence.

But we don’t know what went on behind closed doors, if there were stressors, or if something suddenly changed.

Likewise, we don’t know what the financial picture truly looked like, besides of course, what we can see on the surface.

I do think this all comes down to money though, one way or another.

You're right. We really don't know.

When marriages get turbulent (and I have no proof that this one is, except for AM's statements), it doesn't even take a suggestion of divorce. The more money-conscious spouse (some would say "greedier") will react in very different ways than the spouse who merely wants to go off into the sunset and live (without their spouse) in a smaller, calmer place.

Unless, of course, she disappears and he gets guardianship of her. Right? I mean...how would anyone establish in court that she had mentioned divorce?

If he can make it so that she can't contest him, he doesn't have to kiss all the cash good-bye - he just has to figure out how to go forward without any further contributions/distributions from Suzanne personally.

There's not even any he said/she said if she disappears. Perhaps she ran away in order to avoid a confrontation with BM. But there are other possibilities as well.

Where would there be documentation of these marital conversations? I submit that only the partners would know for sure, in most cases.

I believe it's likely that at least one person outside of her family knows what happened and why.
By not speaking up they are complicit IMO
Either they stand to gain something or someone from her death or they considered it appropriate to 'disappear' her.
I wonder who they are and whether they feel the rope is tightening at this point in time?
I wonder who it was that allegedly 'saw' him shopping alone and relayed this info to MG and what their rationale was?
I'm not suggesting they are one in the same and that is not what I believe either.
There is ONE person out there who could close this case but they have not yet come forward.
This is mere speculation on my part..

Over or Under?

Barry and Suzanne’s net worth on May 10, 2020 was $1.5 million

Assuming that figure is 1) correct and 2) includes the paid-for house, the Ms would be considered house-poor. Strapped for cash while struggling to maintain the appearance of wealth can cause enormous tension and conflict within a marriage. I agree that finances will ultimately be revealed as the motive in this case.

Can you even imagine, you're live in this small community where a woman has mysteriously disappeared. Given the comments on Lauren's tweet, it seems pretty clear what the locals think. So, it's a couple weeks before Christmas, raging pandemic, looks like a pretty good snowstorm moving in, although that's probably just normal in CO. And you're out doing your weekly shop at Safeway, your head no doubt stuffed with thoughts of the holiday and a hundred other things, and this guy who's wife is missing is suddenly handing you a flier.

What does he say to you?

Can you even imagine, you're live in this small community where a woman has mysteriously disappeared. Given the comments on Lauren's tweet, it seems pretty clear what the locals think. So, it's a couple weeks before Christmas, raging pandemic, looks like a pretty good snowstorm moving in, although that's probably just normal in CO. And you're out doing your weekly shop at Safeway, your head no doubt stuffed with thoughts of the holiday and a hundred other things, and this guy who's wife is missing is suddenly handing you a flier.

What does he say to you?
I don't know.
Reason being my body physically recoils when I think about or read something about him, the way one might when faced with great violence, not fear exactly, but I recoil so hard it can physically move me.
That's just me.

Unless, of course, she disappears and he gets guardianship of her. Right? I mean...how would anyone establish in court that she had mentioned divorce?

If he can make it so that she can't contest him, he doesn't have to kiss all the cash good-bye - he just has to figure out how to go forward without any further contributions/distributions from Suzanne personally.

There's not even any he said/she said if she disappears. Perhaps she ran away in order to avoid a confrontation with BM. But there are other possibilities as well.

Where would there be documentation of these marital conversations? I submit that only the partners would know for sure, in most cases.

I am confident that the daughters are capable of providing an accurate assessment of their parents’ marriage relationship. I’m not confident that they have done so.

JMO

LE: How would you describe the relationship between your mom and dad?
Daughters: Good
LE: Did you ever witness any abusive or violent behaviour from your dad?
Daughters: Nope
LE: What did your parents fight about?
Daughters: Never Fought
LE: Your parents never had disagreements?
LE: What do think happened to your mother?
Daughters: Don’t know

JMO

What does he say to you?

Can't imagine it. But, I can imagine folks avoiding him. He is recognizable. I can imagine everyone giving the stare and I would think he felt just as uncomfortable as the folks that witnessed him.

I am confident that the daughters are capable of providing an accurate assessment of their parents’ marriage relationship. I’m not confident that they have done so.

JMO

LE: How would you describe the relationship between your mom and dad?
Daughters: Good
LE: Did you ever witness any abusive or violent behaviour from your dad?
LE: What did your parents fight about?
Daughters: Never Fought
LE: Your parents never had disagreements?
LE: What do think happened to your mother?
Daughters: Don’t know

JMO
Like you, I think there is a good chance that LE exchanges might have happened just as you have described here. My hope is, before there was time to talk to Barry, while there was some confusion about what was happening, and before hiring attorneys; let us hope there were some organic conversations with LE.

Christmas coming and the one who disappeared SM still walks the streets.

Thanks to all of you for keeping the thread going. I have to check in periodically and it’s sad there is no arrest. I have to believe there’s a ton of evidence. Surely they aren’t waiting on a body to turn up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94