Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I pasted the link. Here it is.

‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

Can’t find original source right now and not investing time looking back but many of us clearly remember as it’s been discussed over & over
Some calling it her apartment, some saying her house, many questions of why so early, why she thought it was BM, ad nausem
Idk @ MsBetsy referenced same memory

Well, I went and invested the time. I’ve actually watched it three times now.

There is such a thing as false memories.

The thing is the source is McDonough, who’s not an investigator on this case and has no inside information. I’ve attempted to point out that MG refuted what he said in a social media post but that was deleted by a mod because it couldn’t be validated due to being in a private group. Yet, a retired cop/now YouTuber can outright lie about something with no validation. Funny how that works. Now the lie gets repeated, and other people remember it, so it must be true, it must have happened. There are SO MANY falsehoods about this case that are carried through as being true.

Last edited:

‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

The thing is the source is McDonough, who’s not an investigator on this case and has no inside information. I’ve attempted to point out that MG refuted what he said in a social media post but that was deleted by a mod because it couldn’t be validated due to being in a private group. Yet, a retired cop/now YouTuber can outright lie about something with no validation. Funny how that works. Now the lie gets repeated, and other people remember it, so it must be true, it must have happened. There are SO MANY falsehoods about this case that are carried through as being true.
I truly doubt Chris is interested in perpetrating falsehoods, or downright lying as you stated. He may have more inside information than we know but in the grand scheme of SM being found and justice served it seems a ridiculous point to get hung up on. Do tell all the other falsehoods we’ve taken as truth though

I remember BM saying this. I do not believe it is true. If it were true, LE would have put out a flyer/done a press conference saying that SM was last seen riding her bike on Sunday, May 10, around such and such a time, at such and such a place, wearing such and such clothing.
LE has only ever said that SM was was “reportedly” riding her bike that day. Who reported it? The next door neighbor that BM sent to check the house, twice. Once to check for SM’s car and back again to check for her bike. He then asked her to call the police. The whole bike ride narrative emanated from BM. MOO

My point exactly! He publicly puts out another bit of pretty significant information to this case, and yet no follow up. No news conference. No public pleas for help in getting these witnesses to talk and clear or solidify his alibi.

It appears to be another distraction. A lie? Is he so bold to have just thrown out that information to distract from his suspicion? I would have held a press conference to let the world know my innocence, name the people who saw her and urge them to conduct interviews to let everyone know the details of the sighting. It would only help my missing wife’s case and get me one step closer to finding her. Yet, nothing further.

I specifically remember thinking this was possibly the big break in the case and was hopeful for details of the witnesses Barry mentioned.

Not quite. No working security cameras, no working landline...and according to Barry his family had been recently threatened by one of his previous employees. Most people take precautions on different levels depending on means and needs. I don't know of anyone who doesn't have landline access where conditions are spotty.

Seems odd to have a million dollar plus house, a 100K auto, your threatened family isolated, living in a rural area and zero protection when it was readily available. Not even a $20 dollar a month landline. But 5 months later, when no one was supposedly living there, the means and need to suddenly to hang trail cameras?
I have often wondered IF Suzanne even knew the security cameras weren't working. It doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't be. She could have just assumed that they were working and they the house was being monitored.

It just doesn't make sense that they would not have a working security system or that Suzanne wouldn't have insisted on it if she had known.

Suzanne is on my mind this morning.

Circling back to the discussion of friends not speaking up. I posted the names of a few friends who spoke up to media nearly a year ago. My point in posting was simply from a factual basis, to bring light to the reality that there are people out there who care about Suzanne. However.... frankly, I cannot refute the point the posters were making. Facing facts, where are these friends now?

We never had anyone step forward and say “well, Suzanne had been depressed and considering ending her life”. Why? Because she was not.

We never had anyone step forward and say “well, Suzanne had become disillusioned with Colorado life and wanted a change”. Why? Because she had not.

We never had anyone step forward and say “well, Suzanne had been leading a second secret life and may have run off with someone”. Why? Because she would not.

As the anniversary of her disappearance approaches, we are not hearing from those closest to Suzanne. And there are a certain key couple of women that we never heard from at all. If there were any true concern that Suzanne had become lost the woods, or had been abducted and was being held captive by a stranger, they would want her to be located. I suspect a few people aren’t talking publicly because they have spoken privately to investigators and are protecting the integrity of the investigation. I suspect a few others that were the very closest to Suzanne are not talking because they are in denial and are protecting her killer.

Their silence is not simply a matter of valuing privacy. Their silence speaks volumes. They won’t talk because they would have to talk about the obvious.

Suzanne didn’t “go missing.”
Her life was snuffed out.

And they know who is responsible.

jmo

Last edited:
The thing is the source is McDonough, who’s not an investigator on this case and has no inside information.

RSBM

Well, he kind of does have at least some inside info, since clearly, the only place he could have received that info about the 4am truck sound, was directly from LS, who interviewed MG. (Unless of course he phoned MG and they had a friendly little chat themselves, but I tend to doubt that).

She (LS) knows a heck of a lot more about what's been said by the major players in this case. Most of it has never made it into the public arena either on fox21 or her own social media pages. So when CM said that while LS sitting right there, and she never refuted it, it made sense to me it was something MG actually did say. But technically, it's still just heresay.

jmo

Can’t find original source right now and not investing time looking back but many of us clearly remember as it’s been discussed over & over
Some calling it her apartment, some saying her house, many questions of why so early, why she thought it was BM, ad nausem
Idk @ MsBetsy referenced same memory
I agree @303gmf. I also remember something about MG reportedly saying she thought she heard BM’s truck “revving” outside her apartment/house at around 4am Sunday morning. I can’t find a direct quote atm, but my brain is telling me that it was LS who reported MG said this in her extended interview with MG, as LS said her entire interview with MG wasn’t released via MSM. I just can’t remember where/who LS reported this. Might have been on episode of PE it was brought up.

At any rate, what’s more telling to me is the revelation released via MSM is MG saying (paraphrased) BM called her very early a.m. Mother’s Day last minute and changed everything, told her to get the crew together that day, and after she hung up thought it sounded like BM had just had the worst night of his life. I think BM truck EVI showed he was on the road earlier than 5am and is when he made the call to Morgan, which blows his left SM sleeping at home @ 5am narrative, as his truck EVI shows he was on the road earlier than 5am making calls, and is likely why he didn’t want MG turning her phone over to CBI. So even if for whatever reason, some truck revving sound MG thought sounded like BM’s truck @ 4am outside her apt/house, there’s a chance it might not have been BM, i.e., she thought it sounded like BM truck vs. she didn’t actually see/witness BM to confirm if it was in fact, BM outside. There’s doubt there because she only heard, not saw, meaning could’ve been anyone who had same type of truck as BM. Hope that makes sense. At any rate, the LE will know if his EVI places BM outside of MG’s apt/house driveway/gate etc., at 4am. But IMO, *if* BM truck EVI shows he was on the road prior to 5am, and the early morning call to MG shows up on the phone records around that same time, will be most damning for BM.

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Just spent the last 90 minutes or so digging for the original source for the MG/4am/BM's truck outside her place tidbit, and every single source leads straight back to the NG podcast, where it was CM who first stated it.

It's been elaborated on, greatly, by non-approved WS sources by various youtubers, but if there's another source, it's either been deleted or is VERY well hidden.

Completely disagree with you about Chris. He absolutely does have inside information in my opinion

This will probably come off as curt, but I don't care to hear from SM's childhood friends. Hearing how SM was as a child/youth does not interest me. The friends that I do think are important to hear from are the ones CCSO called out in their last press release. Those friends, whoever they are, appear to have important information that could potentially help this investigation. IMO

Suzanne Morphew case remains a priority to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office - Chaffee County Sheriff
Agree !!!

My point exactly! He publicly puts out another bit of pretty significant information to this case, and yet no follow up. No news conference. No public pleas for help in getting these witnesses to talk and clear or solidify his alibi.

It appears to be another distraction. A lie? Is he so bold to have just thrown out that information to distract from his suspicion? I would have held a press conference to let the world know my innocence, name the people who saw her and urge them to conduct interviews to let everyone know the details of the sighting. It would only help my missing wife’s case and get me one step closer to finding her. Yet, nothing further.

I specifically remember thinking this was possibly the big break in the case and was hopeful for details of the witnesses Barry mentioned.
Yes and I’m convinced he is communicating on social media under various names , or family of HIS is . Not in here currently but on others . For the purpose of distraction.
Moo

Suzanne is on my mind this morning.

Circling back to the discussion of friends not speaking up. I posted the names of a few friends who spoke up to media nearly a year ago. My point in posting was simply from a factual basis, to bring light to the reality that there are people out there who care about Suzanne. However.... frankly, I cannot refute the point the posters were making. Facing facts, where are these friends now?

We never had anyone step forward and say “well, Suzanne had been depressed and considering ending her life”. Why? Because she was not.

We never had anyone step forward and say “well, Suzanne had become disillusioned with Colorado life and wanted a change”. Why? Because she had not.

We never had anyone step forward and say “well, Suzanne had been leading a second secret life and may have run off with someone”. Why? Because she would not.

As the anniversary of her disappearance approaches, we are not hearing from those closest to Suzanne. And there are a certain key couple of women that we never heard from at all. If there were any true concern that Suzanne had become lost the woods, or had been abducted and was being held captive by a stranger, they would want her to be located. I suspect a few people aren’t talking publicly because they have spoken privately to investigators and are protecting the integrity of the investigation. I suspect a few others that were the very closest to Suzanne are not talking because they are in denial and are protecting her killer.

Their silence is not simply a matter of valuing privacy. Their silence speaks volumes. They won’t talk because they would have to talk about the obvious.

Suzanne didn’t “go missing.”
Her life was snuffed out.

And they know who is responsible.

jmo
bbm
Excellent post as usual, @steeltowngirl !
Re. the bolded : Yes, it's the 'elephant in the room', perhaps ?
My guess is that those who truly cared about Suzanne are actively protecting the investigation.
Good for them... and kudos to the reporter LS and Chris for keeping Suzannes' case in the spotlight.
Imo.

Last edited:
Yes and I’m convinced he is communicating on social media under various names , or family of HIS is . Not in here currently but on others . For the purpose of distraction.
Moo
bbm
Agreed ! ^^^
This behavior falls in line with complaining about LE's 'handling' of the bike/crime scene.
Long before LE knew there'd been a crime at all.
Oopsie, BM. What a slip of the tongue. ;)

It broke my heart when the facts came out that BM had described AM's (Suzannes' brother) efforts to look for his baby sister as a 'publicity stunt'.
Cold and cruel.
MOO.

bbm
Agreed ! ^^^
This behavior falls in line with complaining about LE's 'handling' of the bike/crime scene.
Long before LE knew there'd been a crime at all.
Oopsie, BM. What a slip of the tongue. ;)

It broke my heart when the facts came out that BM had described AM's (Suzannes' brother) efforts to look for his baby sister as a 'publicity stunt'.
Cold and cruel.
MOO.
YES I think Barry is cruel and cold too. I can only imagine what he was like behind closed doors. AWFUL
MOO

I agree @303gmf. I also remember something about MG reportedly saying she thought she heard BM’s truck “revving” outside her apartment/house at around 4am Sunday morning. I can’t find a direct quote atm, but my brain is telling me that it was LS who reported MG said this in her extended interview with MG, as LS said her entire interview with MG wasn’t released via MSM. I just can’t remember where/who LS reported this. Might have been on episode of PE it was brought up.

At any rate, what’s more telling to me is the revelation released via MSM is MG saying (paraphrased) BM called her very early a.m. Mother’s Day last minute and changed everything, told her to get the crew together that day, and after she hung up thought it sounded like BM had just had the worst night of his life. I think BM truck EVI showed he was on the road earlier than 5am and is when he made the call to Morgan, which blows his left SM sleeping at home @ 5am narrative, as his truck EVI shows he was on the road earlier than 5am making calls, and is likely why he didn’t want MG turning her phone over to CBI. So even if for whatever reason, some truck revving sound MG thought sounded like BM’s truck @ 4am outside her apt/house, there’s a chance it might not have been BM, i.e., she thought it sounded like BM truck vs. she didn’t actually see/witness BM to confirm if it was in fact, BM outside. There’s doubt there because she only heard, not saw, meaning could’ve been anyone who had same type of truck as BM. Hope that makes sense. At any rate, the LE will know if his EVI places BM outside of MG’s apt/house driveway/gate etc., at 4am. But IMO, *if* BM truck EVI shows he was on the road prior to 5am, and the early morning call to MG shows up on the phone records around that same time, will be most damning for BM.

All of the above IMHOO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
I agree with you and I enjoy your thoughtful posts so much. I think one of the most damning things will be his timeline and the lies on it.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member