CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum or my internet connection is freaking out right now. LOL

Do you see it now 21merc7? When I refresh it takes about 3 minutes for it to show. Very slow

so the mother's initial reaction to her death has been changed several times....how are we to know where the truth lies? What does that do to all the other "facts" that are being posted? and at what point have you told yourself something so many times that you now in fact believe it to be true?

I wish we could get our hands on the police reports, etc. Off hand what was the reason they changed to felony stalking? was there difinitive proof at that point?

From Syra on the last thread: IDK-I guess I don't understand why people would go out & spend thousands of dollars on security to protect their family if no one was really stalking them & then to have your beautiful spiritual loving daughter die. I really don't see M compounding that sorrow on her parents by killing herself.KWIM

I don't see how they can be that focused on a stalker, spend that money on equipment and NOT immediately think there was foul play involved in her death.

I also don't see how all that equipment caught nothing definitive.

And as for hiding evidence of a suicide . . . what evidence? If she had a handful of pills she was hoarding, it's not like she necessarily had to have a bunch of bubble packs lying around. Was there a glass of water on her night stand? One her bathroom counter? We don't even know the condition of her body when it was found, much less the items in her room. Mom says first responders were shocked. Why? We haven't been given a lot of crucial information. Maybe as those things are revealed I'll change my views on this case, but as of now, I think it was suicide.

Everyone who commits suicide leaves behind a lot of pain. It's a very selfish act. We didn't know this girl, we don't know what she was really like, her innermost thoughts, her fears, her private struggles.

We know she was young, beautiful, and talented. What a tragic loss, no matter how it came about. But, because she was young and beautiful and talented, it's harder to imagine her taking her own life.

My concerns are that we may never get answers to this case. The police have stated they won't reopen it and investigate. There may be nothing more to go on. It's going to come down to who you believe and the facts on hand, which are actually very few.

This case is seriously dividing this community. I hope we can get past personal beliefs of what happened and continue to communicate in a way that might help bring some answers.

Anyone notice Toni's comment about where the dogs were the night Morgan died? This part really stood out to me:

>Fixing this because I didn't paraphrase the comment. ;) Toni mentions that the big dog, Tessi, was sleeping in the entry way and wouldn't budge which was unlike her. Toni says she forced her to go sleep in their room that night hoping for a good night's sleep and she can't believe she didn't read the dog's body language better than that.

http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=1243#comments

From Syra on the last thread: IDK-I guess I don't understand why people would go out & spend thousands of dollars on security to protect their family if no one was really stalking them & then to have your beautiful spiritual loving daughter die. I really don't see M compounding that sorrow on her parents by killing herself.KWIM

I don't see how they can be that focused on a stalker, spend that money on equipment and NOT immediately think there was foul play involved in her death.

I also don't see how all that equipment caught nothing definitive.

And as for hiding evidence of a suicide . . . what evidence? If she had a handful of pills she was hoarding, it's not like she necessarily had to have a bunch of bubble packs lying around. Was there a glass of water on her night stand? One her bathroom counter? We don't even know the condition of her body when it was found, much less the items in her room. Mom says first responders were shocked. Why? We haven't been given a lot of crucial information. Maybe as those things are revealed I'll change my views on this case, but as of now, I think it was suicide.

Everyone who commits suicide leaves behind a lot of pain. It's a very selfish act. We didn't know this girl, we don't know what she was really like, her innermost thoughts, her fears, her private struggles.

We know she was young, beautiful, and talented. What a tragic loss, no matter how it came about. But, because she was young and beautiful and talented, it's harder to imagine her taking her own life.

umm-I did not say anything about her hiding evidence of her suicide in my post and I fully understand the pain a suicide can cause a family..my husband killed himself 20 yrs ago,leaving me with a 2 yr old to raise on my own.

umm-I did not say anything about her hiding evidence of her suicide in my post and I fully understand the pain a suicide can cause a family..my husband killed himself 20 yrs ago,leaving me with a 2 yr old to raise on my own.

I wasn't saying you commented on hiding evidence. Someone else mentioned it, and since I couldn't quote from the other thread, I just forgot to put a break there or whatever. My bad.

Sorry if someone already posted this but looks like peeping toms are a "thing" in this area:
http://glenwoodpolice.com/peeping-tom/

Also, I can't find in the sheriff's log (http://www.garcosheriff.com/sheriffs_activity_log.html) many of the dates that TI says they came out to the property. Am I missing something? Would that not be listed here or am I just missing it?

I've been asking the same thing. Since LE says they were there 50 times and so does mom, there really isn't a question that calls were made and responded to. I can't figure out why it's not in the run sheets unless all the calls didn't go to the same agency. Mom did list something like 6 different agencies serving the area.

I am so sorry you had to go through that SyraKelly. ((((((((())))))))))))

so the mother's initial reaction to her death has been changed several times....how are we to know where the truth lies? What does that do to all the other "facts" that are being posted? and at what point have you told yourself something so many times that you now in fact believe it to be true?

I wish we could get our hands on the police reports, etc. Off hand what was the reason they changed to felony stalking? was there difinitive proof at that point?

My sense from reading the blog and the law is that the sheriff's department had an inner protocol that helped them determine whether misdemeanor harassment would be elevated to felony stalking. I think that protocol has to do with the number of calls they get.

The law states that it is felony stalking if a person:
(I) Makes a credible threat to another person and, in connection with
such threat, repeatedly follows, approaches, contacts, or places under surveillance that person, a member of that person’s immediate family, or someone with whom that person has or has had a continuing relationship; or
(II) Makes a credible threat to another person and, in connection with
such threat, repeatedly makes any form of communication with that person, a member of that person’s immediate family, or someone with whom that person has or has had a continuing relationship, regardless of whether a conversation ensues; or
(III) Repeatedly follows, approaches, contacts, places under
surveillance, or makes any form of communication with another person, a member of that person’s immediate family, or someone with whom that person has or has had a continuing relationship in a manner that would cause a reasonable person to suffer serious emotional distress and does cause that person, a member of that person’s immediate family, or someone with whom that person has or has had a continuing relationship to suffer serious emotional distress. For purposes of this subparagraph (III), a victim need not show that he or she received professional treatment or counseling to show that he or she suffered serious emotional distress.
BBM.
http://colorado-domestic-violence-lawyer.com/colorado_law_harassment_stalking_statute.html

So how do law enforcement personnel decide if conduct is stalking, in the absence of a credible threat? I think the have selected a random number of incidents that raises it to the level of stalking, when no threat is present. Just my hunch.

My concerns are that we may never get answers to this case. The police have stated they won't reopen it and investigate. There may be nothing more to go on. It's going to come down to who you believe and the facts on hand, which are actually very few.

This case is seriously dividing this community. I hope we can get past personal beliefs of what happened and continue to communicate in a way that might help bring some answers.

I have a feeling we will get more info, though. This case is not going away. People are drawn to the story of a sweet, young girl who was stalked to death. If they get to the point that they have serious questions, they probably (like me), stick with the case due to the interest in the possible psychology surrounding it and to the mystery of what happened and why.

But I also have a feeling that someone is going to eventually file some kind of lawsuit. Maybe more than one person. And that will result in even more info.

Perhaps we will never get all the answers but I think there is undoubtedly more to find out.

I'm really sorry to hear about that. That's a horrible thing to go through.

Hi everyone! I'm new here, been lurking unregistered and registered for quite a long time. I had an ex who committed suicide by pill overdose. When he was discovered and the initial autopsy report done it was ruled as natural causes due to a heart defect. After the pathology report came back it was changed to suicide by overdose. It wasn't initially suspected because there were no pill bottles found around him. If you are getting the pills from friends/on the street there wouldn't be bottles. As for evidence of a glass, if the pills were crushed and mixed in with something to drink it's not like you would pass out immediately - you could easily walk to the bathroom or kitchen, rinse the glass and put it away. This is very tragic, either way, but I'm of the mindset this was a suicide.

I absolutely suck at figuring out these acronyms, always have - is there a post somewhere that lists the most commonly used ones on this site? Some are obvious, like LE, some I've found referenced within posts, like MSM or BBM (that one threw me for a long while, lol), but others I still haven't figured out.

Also, something else was incorrect in the Aspen Times link---M was not a graduate of Aspen High School. She was home schooled (not that one is better than the other).....and just wanted to point out that inconsistency.

I think there is a possible explanation that reconciles the two statements.
However, this is also an example of how concerns some have about inconsistencies are addressed via what could appear to some to be a retroactive massaging of the facts.

That was a bold statement to make to a reporter: "I knew right away she had been murdered." But now, after some express confusion as to why Morgan was cremated and why the videos/ photos were not viewed until months later, we are supposed to believe a new statement and that the reporters got it wrong.

In light of other logic issues I have seen in this case, this troubles me.

I just don't know.

My ex-husband committed suicide, too. He went up into the woods, at his favorite spot, and took a bunch of pills. He left a note for his current wife, which is what prompted the search. He was found nude, floating face down in a pond. I thought it very odd that he was nude and questioned the suicide. The ME explained to me that it was winter and very cold, and as often happens in hypothermia, the person actually feels hot, not cold, and starts shedding his clothes. They often find people missing in the snow by following a trail of clothes. In the case of my ex, he apparently stumbled into the pond and drowned.

My point is that things can look one way until it's explained otherwise. Like I said before, this family deserves a sit down with LE and the ME, and it should all be explained to them.

I absolutely suck at figuring out these acronyms, always have - is there a post somewhere that lists the most commonly used ones on this site? Some are obvious, like LE, some I've found referenced within posts, like MSM or BBM (that one threw me for a long while, lol), but others I still haven't figured out.

Respectfully snipped

:wagon:

Here's an oldie but a goodie thread that may help with those letters:

NEW Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: I see some are missing, and some are case specific. There is an even older one somewhere around here. MSM=Main Stream Media

Here is another brief list, but not the older thread:

Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members